|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mail do to make Crosby think he will let her in on the kidnapping?
(a) Tells Crosby what happened to Andi's other daughter.
(b) Lets Crosby watch him rape Andi.
(c) Gives Crosby Grace to take care of.
(d) Strings up Andi for Crosby to beat her.
2. Who does Lucas interview to find out additional information about Crosby?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her aunt.
3. Which of the following is not true about the message Sister Mary Joseph has translated for Lucas?
(a) It talks about a Bit and Bridle.
(b) It says that Andi is dying.
(c) It talks about a town called Stillwater.
(d) It says that the kidnapper has Crosby.
4. Where does Lucas believe Mail was watching the man who tried to break into the building?
(a) Across the street.
(b) Container yard.
(c) He was not watching.
(d) The police station.
5. Where does Lucas go while the FBI is tracking Dunn and the ransom money?
(a) He goes to court to have Mail's body exhumed.
(b) He goes to the state hospital to examine records.
(c) Back to Andi's patient files.
(d) To a press conference.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mail escape?
2. Who advices Lucas that the anonymous informant to Mail must be either Wolfe or Dunn?
3. Who does the kidnapper call with the ransom demand?
4. What does Mail notice as he watches the press conference about the software designed to help catch him?
5. What happens when the police return to interview Crosby for a second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mail do when he sees the ambulance take his friend away?
2. How does Lucas keep from being fired?
3. Where is Mail when he calls Lucas and what information does he let slip?
4. Why does Lucas begin to pile grass over the opening where he thinks Mail is hiding and what does Mail do?
5. What does Lucas do so that he can be hunting for Mail himself?
6. What does Lucas plan on doing at the press conference?
7. What plan does Lucas come up with to figure out who the informant is?
8. What is unique about the message that Mail gives to Lucas and why and how does Luca decode the message?
9. What are Lucas and his group waiting to get confirmation about and what happens when they finally do receive it?
10. How does Mail feel as he watches the news conference Lucas scheduled?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)