|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose body is found hanging inside the grain storage shaft?
2. Why did the man attempt to break into the building?
(a) Because Dunn told him to.
(b) Because he planned on car jacking Lucas.
(c) Because Mail told him to.
(d) Because he wanted to meet Ice.
3. How did Mail escape the blockades?
(a) He was still dressed as a policeman.
(b) He drove through the blockades.
(c) He used back roads.
(d) He abandoned the car and walked.
4. What frustrates Lucas the most as he is going over the patient files?
(a) The information is confusing to him.
(b) There are too many possible suspects in the files.
(c) Many areas are blacked out for confidentiality.
(d) The best suspect is dead.
5. How do the police know to move the perimeter after the cop is knocked out by Mail?
(a) The cop fires his gun before being knocked unconscious.
(b) Someone recognizes Mail in the police uniform.
(c) A witness comes forward.
(d) The cop's partner cannot find him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the end of the novel between Mail and Weather?
2. Who becomes a new target of Mail's attraction?
3. How many policemen are helping Lucas with the interrogation of Helen and Nancy?
4. What does Lucas learn about Crosby that leads him to believe Mail is not dead?
5. At the end of chapter 27, where is Lucas heading?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Gloria Crosby and what does Lucas learn from her and about her?
2. What plan does Lucas come up with to figure out who the informant is?
3. What do Grace and Andy continue to practice and what is their plan?
4. What are Lucas and his group waiting to get confirmation about and what happens when they finally do receive it?
5. Where is Mail when he calls Lucas and what information does he let slip?
6. How does Mail get away from behind the house without the police catching him?
7. What does Lucas plan on doing at the press conference?
8. How does Lucas keep from being fired?
9. What happens when Andi begins to run to the old cistern looking for Genevieve?
10. What information does Helen share about her involvement in the kidnapping?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)