|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Mail when he opens the cellar?
(a) Lucas is waiting for him.
(b) Andi and Grace attack him.
(c) Andi and Grace are missing.
(d) The basement is on fire.
2. Which word describes how Mail felt watching Dunn and Lucas set off his trap?
3. What frustrates Lucas the most as he is going over the patient files?
(a) The information is confusing to him.
(b) There are too many possible suspects in the files.
(c) Many areas are blacked out for confidentiality.
(d) The best suspect is dead.
4. What gives Mail time to slip into a coal chute?
(a) Grace knocks down Lucas.
(b) The device he set to explode.
(c) Lucas has to wait for a warrant.
(d) Andi collapses.
5. What happens at the end of the novel between Mail and Weather?
(a) They split up.
(b) They get engaged.
(c) They move in together.
(d) They go on as they had been.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it hard for Lucas to find the name of the owner of the farm the kidnapper may have Andi hidden?
2. What do the police learn from Crosby's neighbors?
3. Who does the kidnapper call with the ransom demand?
4. Whose body is found hanging inside the grain storage shaft?
5. Why does Lucas ignore the FBI's warnings to stay back and away from Dunn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Andi begins to run to the old cistern looking for Genevieve?
2. What does Lucas plan on doing at the press conference?
3. Who calls Lucas and what does she want?
4. What information about Mail is Lucas able to find at the rental complex where Mail sold computer parts?
5. Why did Mail stick to back roads as he made his way to his house?
6. How does Mail feel as he watches the news conference Lucas scheduled?
7. What does Lucas learn about Nancy Wolfe ?
8. How did Crosby and Mail meet and how were they together?
9. What secret did Crosby know about Mail and hold over his head?
10. What does Lucas see while he is in the shop and what does it turn out to be?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)