|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doe Lucas and the others have to wait for before they can go to the address where Andi probably is being held?
(a) The rest of the team to arrive.
(b) The FBI to approve the operation.
(c) A search warrant.
(d) Helen to retrieve the phone number she called.
2. How did Mail escape the blockades?
(a) He drove through the blockades.
(b) He used back roads.
(c) He was still dressed as a policeman.
(d) He abandoned the car and walked.
3. Why is it hard for Lucas to find the name of the owner of the farm the kidnapper may have Andi hidden?
(a) It will be under a false name.
(b) There are too many horse farms in this county.
(c) Crosby wouldn't tell him the kidnapper's name.
(d) He doesn't know the informants name.
4. What gives Mail time to slip into a coal chute?
(a) Grace knocks down Lucas.
(b) Lucas has to wait for a warrant.
(c) Andi collapses.
(d) The device he set to explode.
5. Why did Helen want Andi and her daughters killed?
(a) To keep them quiet.
(b) To have an affair with Andi's husband.
(c) To dissolve the trust.
(d) To protect her husband.
6. From where is Mail watching as his trap is set off?
(a) Top of the grain storage shaft.
(b) Crosby's apartment.
(d) Bit and Bridle.
7. What happens to Mail at the end of the novel?
(a) He is shot and killed by Lucas.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) He escapes.
(d) He is taken to jail.
8. Why does Mail watch the things that he sets up?
(a) He wants to move things along faster.
(b) He wants to know what the police are doing.
(c) He wants to make sure they are done right.
(d) He wants to see the results.
9. Where does Lucas believe Mail was watching the man who tried to break into the building?
(a) The police station.
(b) He was not watching.
(c) Across the street.
(d) Container yard.
10. What do Andi and Grace practice?
(a) How to attack Mail with the nail.
(b) How to manipulate Mail.
(c) How to pretend to be hurt.
(d) How to find contact someone else.
11. What information does Ice share with Lucas?
(a) Someone is watching her house.
(b) Someone has been calling her phone.
(c) Someone left a message on her car window.
(d) Someone stopped her on the street this morning.
12. Who is Ice?
(a) Mail's partner.
(b) Member of the media.
(c) Software designer.
(d) Lucas's partner.
13. Which of the following characters is Lucas's partner?
14. What happened to the man who tried to break into the building?
(a) He was shot by Sloan.
(b) He was shot by Mail.
(c) He fell off of the building and was killed.
(d) He was able to escape.
15. How do the police know to move the perimeter after the cop is knocked out by Mail?
(a) The cop's partner cannot find him.
(b) Someone recognizes Mail in the police uniform.
(c) The cop fires his gun before being knocked unconscious.
(d) A witness comes forward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucas go to Ice's house?
2. How does Lucas narrow down who the informant is?
3. What does Lucas set up at the address he gets for Mail?
4. What information does Lucas learn about Crosby?
5. Why does Lucas decide to call Dunn?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)