|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the man who tried to break into the building?
(a) He was able to escape.
(b) He fell off of the building and was killed.
(c) He was shot by Sloan.
(d) He was shot by Mail.
2. How does Mail escape?
(a) By stealing another car.
(b) By hiding out in a railcar.
(c) By crawling through a pond.
(d) By throwing ducks into police cars.
3. What does Lucas learn about Crosby that leads him to believe Mail is not dead?
(a) She received some of the money from Mail's death.
(b) She and Mail were in the state hospital at the same time.
(c) She was the person convicted for killing Mail.
(d) She was an assistant in the dental office that identified the teeth when he was declared dead.
4. How does Mail handle the new warning his informant gives to him?
(a) He tells him to kill Lucas.
(b) He makes plans to move to a new area.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He beats Andi more severely.
5. Who insists that a lawyer be present when Lucas talks to Helen Manette and Nancy Wolfe?
6. What does Lucas set up at the address he gets for Mail?
(a) A perimeter.
(b) A team of cops to help with the search.
(d) An ambulance to be ready and available.
7. How does Mail eventually successfully escape the perimeter?
(a) He waits to leave until it is after dark.
(b) Steals a cop's clothes and puts them on.
(c) He has a friend stir up trouble to draw the police away.
(d) He waits until Lucas leaves the scene.
8. How does Lucas determine Mail is in the culvert?
(a) He sees marks on one side, but not the other.
(b) He can see a shadow at the end of it.
(c) He can hear noises that don't sound like animals.
(d) He sees a trail of blood.
9. With whom does Lucas stop to discuss the case before heading to his office at Davenport Simulations?
10. Why does Mail watch the things that he sets up?
(a) He wants to know what the police are doing.
(b) He wants to make sure they are done right.
(c) He wants to see the results.
(d) He wants to move things along faster.
11. What gives Mail time to slip into a coal chute?
(a) Lucas has to wait for a warrant.
(b) The device he set to explode.
(c) Grace knocks down Lucas.
(d) Andi collapses.
12. What do the police that were assigned to watch his office tell Lucas?
(a) They think this is a waste of their time.
(b) There has been no sign of Mail.
(c) The software designer has disappeared.
(d) There are people in a van watching the building.
13. Which of the following accurately describes how Helen Manette and Nancy Wolfe felt at being arrested?
(a) Shocked and surprised.
(b) Angry and shocked.
(c) Surprised and frightened.
(d) Angry and frightened.
14. How does Lucas narrow down who the informant is?
(a) Lucas finds that the van is registered to this woman.
(b) Mail leaves the woman's name in the van he abandons.
(c) Mail mistakenly indicates it is a female.
(d) Lucas hears a voicemail message on Mail's discarded phone.
15. Which of the following is not true about the message Sister Mary Joseph has translated for Lucas?
(a) It says that the kidnapper has Crosby.
(b) It says that Andi is dying.
(c) It talks about a Bit and Bridle.
(d) It talks about a town called Stillwater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lucas believe Mail was watching the man who tried to break into the building?
2. Which of the following characters is Lucas's partner?
3. What is Lucas doing when the man attempts to break in to the building?
4. What information does Lucas learn about Crosby?
5. Whose body is found hanging inside the grain storage shaft?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)