|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucas move on from the item found in the oil barrel?
(a) He is sure it is a diversion tactic and not a real clue.
(b) He is unsure of the exact meaning of the clue.
(c) He does not want the kidnapper to know his next move.
(d) He knows it cannot help him find Andi immediately.
2. How does Sister Mary's technique work for Lucas?
(a) It does not keep Mail on the line any longer.
(b) It makes Mail even angrier.
(c) It makes Mail confess to the firebombing.
(d) It makes Mail refuse to talk to Lucas anymore.
3. Why does Lucas tell his detectives that it is important they solve this kidnapping fast?
(a) One of Andi's daughters has medical needs.
(b) Andi's father is a powerful businessman.
(c) Lucas is in love with Andi.
(d) This is the fifth kidnapping in 5 weeks.
4. How is the anonymous person who talks to Mail involved in the kidnapping?
(a) S/he told Mail specifically what to do every step of the way.
(b) S/he provided Mail with Andi's name, address and picture to help him find her.
(c) S/he reminds Mail of his childhood fantasies about Andi.
(d) S/he was on the boat with Mail while he was watching Andi.
5. Why doesn't Grace want to walk to the car with Andi and her sister?
(a) She was injured in school and cannot walk.
(b) The three of them are fighting and she is mad.
(c) It is raining and she doesn't want to get her dress wet.
(d) She is tired from her long day at work.
6. What does the chief decide to do with the information about Andi ignoring the law?
(a) Sit on it until Andi is found.
(b) File charges against Andi and her partner.
(c) Arrest the suspect immediately.
(d) Talk to the child molester to see if he is involved.
7. What did the police discover at the sight of the first clue from the kidnapper that Lucas wanted to see?
(a) A file that had been buried in a vault.
(b) An old oil barrel.
(c) The clothes that Andi's daughters were wearing.
(d) A hidden tunnel.
8. Who stop Lucas and Sloan when they return to Andi's office?
9. What does Mail's mysterious caller tell him about the police?
(a) That they are close to finding out where he is holding Andi.
(b) That they have a composite sketch of him.
(c) That they are checking records of the boat rental place where Mail rented the boat.
(d) That there are no clues as to where Andi and her daughters are.
10. What does Mail do to the boat rental place where he rented the boat?
(a) He firebombs it.
(b) He sinks all of the boats.
(c) He goes in and wipes down all of the boats and the surfaces to erase his fingerprints.
(d) He breaks in and steals the records.
11. Where are Andi and her daughters being held?
(a) The basement of an apartment complex.
(b) A basement of a small farmhouse.
(c) A storm cellar in the middle of a corn field.
(d) The celler of a modern home.
12. Why does the game store owner offer to Lucas?
(a) A customer list which may help to track down the kidnapper.
(b) A man who is a perfect fit to the witness description.
(c) Details to add to the composite of the suspect.
(d) The name of a potential suspect.
13. Where does Mail say he is going to take Genevieve?
(a) Local mall.
(b) Back to the school.
(c) Andi's house.
(d) Police station.
14. What color is the van that Mail uses to grab his victims?
15. Which of the following strategies did Lucas and the others plan on using to pinpoint Andi's location?
(b) Global positioning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the police find Mail's name?
2. What does Lucas think about the witness he talks to in the school?
3. How does Andi give a clue in her message to her family?
4. What does Lucas find out the clue is?
5. What are Detectives Sherrill and Black waiting for when Lucas arrives on the scene of the kidnapping?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)