|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Lucas tries to talk to Mail after finding the oil barrel?
(a) Mail becomes angry and hangs up.
(b) Mail jokes that Lucas will never find him.
(c) Mail gives Lucas another clue to follow.
(d) Mail tells Lucas that he is next.
2. Who do Wolfe and Manette point fingers at in regards to Andi's disappearance?
3. Why does Sister Mary Joseph believe Andi did not report the active child molester?
(a) She thinks Andi wanted to try and help the man.
(b) She thinks she was afraid of patient confidentiality.
(c) She thinks the man is the one who has kidnapped her and her daughters.
(d) She thinks the man threatened Andi.
4. What law was Andi apparently ignoring?
(a) The law of reporting suspected child abuse victims.
(b) The law of keeping patient records detailed.
(c) The law of reporting to probation officers.
(d) The law of reporting a child molester who is actively attacking children.
5. Where do the police find Mail's name?
(a) On a list provided from an anonymous source.
(b) In Wolfe's files.
(c) On a list of credit card receipts from the boat rental place.
(d) In Andi's files that were still at the University.
6. Where did Andi's evaluation recommend Mail be sent?
(a) Home to his mother an step father.
(b) A psychiatric hospital in another state.
(d) State hospital.
7. How does Sister Mary's technique work for Lucas?
(a) It does not keep Mail on the line any longer.
(b) It makes Mail even angrier.
(c) It makes Mail confess to the firebombing.
(d) It makes Mail refuse to talk to Lucas anymore.
8. What does Lucas believe the clue in the oil barrel meant?
(a) He believes it tells the connection between the kidnapper and Andi.
(b) He believes it means that one of Andi's daughters is in a watery grave.
(c) He believes it is a clue as to the kidnapper's identity.
(d) He believes it was meant as a diversion to throw the police off of the correct track.
9. Where does John Mail grab Andi and her daughters?
(a) At Andi's office.
(b) At their home.
(c) At the mall.
(d) At the school.
10. What happens to Mail when Andi asks him when Genevieve is?
(a) He becomes agitated.
(b) He becomes physically aggressive.
(c) He immediately leaves.
(d) He tells her not to worry, that he will take care of everything.
11. Who does Lucas get to help him in the rouse to use the cell phone signal to find Andi?
(a) Radio station.
(b) Andi's family.
(c) Television station.
(d) Andi's partner.
12. Who does Andi's father believe might have hired someone to kidnap her?
(a) Andi's current boyfriend.
(b) Andi's business partner.
(c) Andi's estranged husband.
(d) He has no idea who would want to hurt his daughter.
13. What information do they learn from the attempt to locate Andi using the cell phone signal?
(a) Exactly what city they are in.
(b) What part of the county they are located in.
(c) What part of the county they are located in.
(d) Where in the country they are located.
14. What does Andi convince Mail to let her do?
(a) Tell Lucas she chose to come and live with Mail.
(b) Talk to the police.
(c) Make a message for her family.
(d) Make sure Grace gets to safety.
15. What does the chief decide to do with the information about Andi ignoring the law?
(a) Arrest the suspect immediately.
(b) File charges against Andi and her partner.
(c) Sit on it until Andi is found.
(d) Talk to the child molester to see if he is involved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the psychotherapist witness do that he was told not to do?
2. Who becomes involved in the case in chapter twelve?
3. How does Andi give a clue in her message to her family?
4. Why does Grace tell Mail that Andi is sick?
5. What happens when Lucas is on his way to check out the clue he received from the kidnapper?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)