|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucas tell his detectives that it is important they solve this kidnapping fast?
(a) Lucas is in love with Andi.
(b) One of Andi's daughters has medical needs.
(c) This is the fifth kidnapping in 5 weeks.
(d) Andi's father is a powerful businessman.
2. What do Andi and Grace hope to do with what they found in the beam?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A writing instrument.
(c) A key.
(d) A tool.
3. What does Lucas find out the clue is?
(a) Another word for psychiatrist.
(b) A tool that was used to create fires.
(c) Another word for a corn field.
(d) A water gate in a nearby county.
4. What happens when Lucas is on his way to check out the clue he received from the kidnapper?
(a) He gets into a car accident.
(b) He finds another clue in the road.
(c) He gets lost and has to stay in a hotel for the night.
(d) He gets another phone call from the kidnapper.
5. What was Andi's aunt's profession?
(a) Breeding specialist.
(b) Horse farmer.
(c) Pig farmer.
(d) Sheep herder.
6. Where are Andi and her daughters being held?
(a) A basement of a small farmhouse.
(b) A storm cellar in the middle of a corn field.
(c) The basement of an apartment complex.
(d) The celler of a modern home.
7. What information does Lucas learn about John Mail?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is in a psychiatric facility.
(c) He is in jail.
(d) He has Andi.
8. How does the University respond to the request to examine Andi's patient files from her time there?
(a) They refuse to allow access.
(b) They tell them that they will look at them and pass on any pertinent information.
(c) They say that all of those records have been stolen.
(d) They are quick to agree.
9. What law was Andi apparently ignoring?
(a) The law of reporting to probation officers.
(b) The law of reporting suspected child abuse victims.
(c) The law of reporting a child molester who is actively attacking children.
(d) The law of keeping patient records detailed.
10. Which of the following is not true about Andi after Mail is done with her at the end of chapter fifteen?
(a) Andi has found the energy to get the nail out of the beam.
(b) Andi's sanity is almost gone.
(c) Andi has been physically injured.
(d) Andi feels her daughter is safe.
11. What does Sherrill believe might be left at the scene on a shoe?
(a) Some blood.
(b) Some DNA evidence.
(c) Some clues about the van.
(d) Some tire tracks.
12. How is the anonymous person who talks to Mail involved in the kidnapping?
(a) S/he was on the boat with Mail while he was watching Andi.
(b) S/he told Mail specifically what to do every step of the way.
(c) S/he reminds Mail of his childhood fantasies about Andi.
(d) S/he provided Mail with Andi's name, address and picture to help him find her.
13. What does the kidnapper talk about with Lucas?
(c) HIs parents.
14. What do Andi and Grace find in the basement that they begin working on?
(a) A broken spring.
(b) Making a key.
(c) A nail.
(d) A knife.
15. What happens when Lucas tries to talk to Mail after finding the oil barrel?
(a) Mail gives Lucas another clue to follow.
(b) Mail tells Lucas that he is next.
(c) Mail becomes angry and hangs up.
(d) Mail jokes that Lucas will never find him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John Mail grab Andi and her daughters?
2. What plan is Andi working on with Grace?
3. What information does Lucas attempt to get from Sister Mary Joseph?
4. Which of the following was not something that Andi and her daughters were given by the kidnapper?
5. Why had Mail been arrested and in jail when Andi worked with him?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)