|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ballas' role in Lear's class?
(a) He is trying to understand it.
(b) He is unaware of it because he is focused on lunch.
(c) He protests against it.
(d) He was tricked by Lear into authorizing it.
2. At what state is Ptydepe left in at the end of Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Declining, but still necessary.
(d) Almost non-existent.
3. What is Maria's reaction to Gross' reason for staying?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She becomes embarrassed.
(c) She becomes angry.
(d) She ignores him.
4. Who does Ballas attempt to blame for the Ptydepe fiasco?
5. What is the overall message in Act 2, Scene 11?
(a) Gross realizes that he has too many enemies.
(b) A bureaucratic system will continue to exist if left unchecked.
(c) Chorukor is better that Ptydepe.
(d) Lear is not a very good teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What point does Havel make about Ptydepe in Act 2, Scene 8?
2. What symbolism of hope does Havel use at the end of Act 2, Scene 8?
3. What is Maria's reaction to Gross' new position?
4. According to Maria, what is the key to winning a fight?
5. What proposal does Ballas make to Gross in Act 2, Scene 9?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)