|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What point does Havel make about Ptydepe in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Even Lear doesn't understand it.
(b) Even people who seemed to understand it before can see its uselessness.
(c) Now Gross realizes its importance.
(d) The company would be lost without it.
2. What reason does Gross give Maria for wanting to stay with the company?
(a) So he can watch her.
(b) So he can get revenge on Ballas.
(c) So he can eventually take Stroll's job.
(d) So he can work at the Department of Authentication.
3. Gross tells Maria that his current situation is a result of what?
(a) Bad luck.
(b) His lack of intelligence.
(c) His inability to deal with life.
(d) Trusting too much and giving in.
4. What happens as Act 2, Scene 8 progresses?
(a) Lear's student becomes confused.
(b) Helena interrupts the lecture.
(c) Lear becomes confused.
(d) Ballas interrupts the lecture.
5. Who is the only student Lear is lecturing during Act 2, Scene 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to take away from the power Gross thought he had at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 10?
2. Why doesn't Hana understand Ptydepe?
3. What is Maria's reaction to Gross' new position?
4. In a broader interpretation, what is the one thing that bureaucracy relies on to keep its power?
5. What is Ballas holding when he enters the room in Act 2, Scene 9?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)