|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gross do on his way to lunch in Act 2, Scene 11?
(a) He smokes a cigarette.
(b) He stops to ask Thumb a question about Ptydepe.
(c) He stops to listen to Lear.
(d) He asks Maria to join him.
2. What symbolism of hope does Havel use at the end of Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Lear teaching to an empty classroom.
(b) Ballas leaving the classroom defeated.
(c) Gross answering all of the questions correctly.
(d) Gross appearing with more authority than before.
3. Where is the job that Maria has found for Gross?
(a) A different office.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A shoe repair service.
(d) A theatre company.
4. What does Gross give to Ballas at his request in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) A bag of onions.
(b) A cigar.
(d) A report.
5. What is Gross' response when Ballas asks him about Ptydepe in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) He ignores Ballas.
(b) He doesn't know what to say.
(c) He says that Ptydepe is stronger than ever.
(d) He lectures Ballas about the importance of Ptydepe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about Ballas' order for Hana to go out and get the chocolates?
2. What do Hana's continued repetitive trips to the store signify?
3. What does Gross think he has to earn at the end of Act 2, Scene 9?
4. What is significant about Pillar in Act 2, Scene 9?
5. In Act 2, Scene 10, what does Gross inform Ballas are his intentions?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)