|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gross think he has to earn at the end of Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) Maria's love and admiration.
(b) Maria's trust.
(c) Maria's respect and sympathy.
(d) Maria's loyalty.
2. What theme does Chorukor represent in the play?
(a) Ballas' final mistake.
(b) A repeated cycle.
(c) A misunderstood bureaucracy.
(d) A way to eliminate Gross.
3. Where is the job that Maria has found for Gross?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) A theatre company.
(c) A shoe repair service.
(d) A different office.
4. Why doesn't Hana understand Ptydepe?
(a) She doesn't have time to learn it.
(b) She doesn't need to be able to read it.
(c) She refuses to recognize its existence.
(d) The classes were too hard.
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 9, what is Maria trying on?
(a) A scarf.
(b) An overcoat.
(c) A hat.
(d) A new dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Acknowledging the intent of the play, what does Havel feel should triumph over bureaucracy?
2. According to Lear, what is a big factor in the way people use Ptydepe?
3. What does Ballas finally do in Act 2, Scene 10 that is noteworthy?
4. What is Maria's reaction to Gross' reason for staying?
5. How does George categorize Maria's actions?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)