|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ballas holding when he enters the room in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) A bag of limes.
(b) A fire extinguisher.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) A memo.
2. What recurring item in the play does Gross hang up at the end of Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) The original memorandum.
(b) His coat.
(c) His fire extinguisher.
(d) His hat.
3. What happens to take away from the power Gross thought he had at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) He is forced to accept the responsibility for Ptydepe's failure.
(b) Ballas manipulates him again.
(c) He backs down from his original intention as a result of Stroll's pressure.
(d) His lack of self confidence overcomes him.
4. What new position does Ballas offer Gross in Act 2, Scene 7?
(b) Director of Accounting.
(c) Head of the Department of Authentication.
(d) Staff Watcher.
5. What reason does Gross give Maria for wanting to stay with the company?
(a) So he can watch her.
(b) So he can work at the Department of Authentication.
(c) So he can get revenge on Ballas.
(d) So he can eventually take Stroll's job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does George categorize Maria's actions?
2. What idea does Ballas come up with in Act 2, Scene 10?
3. Gross tells Maria that his current situation is a result of what?
4. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 8, how is Lear's student answering the questions?
5. What proposal does Ballas make to Gross in Act 2, Scene 9?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)