|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the overall message in Act 2, Scene 11?
(a) Gross realizes that he has too many enemies.
(b) A bureaucratic system will continue to exist if left unchecked.
(c) Chorukor is better that Ptydepe.
(d) Lear is not a very good teacher.
2. When the results of a recent audit of Gross' department are finally revealed, what are the findings?
(a) That Gross was unfairly removed from his position and that Ballas should be terminated.
(b) That Gross is innocent of all charges and the higher-ups agree with him about Ptydepe.
(c) That Gross should receive a promotion.
(d) That Gross did in fact steal from the company and should be terminated.
3. What does Maria do in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9 that no one else in the play has done up until this point?
(a) Offers Gross coffee.
(b) Stands up to Helena.
(c) Makes Gross smile.
(d) Translates Gross' memo.
4. Gross admits that he has always been more of a dreamer than what?
(a) A survivor.
(b) A liar.
(c) A fighter.
(d) A doer.
5. What happens as Act 2, Scene 8 progresses?
(a) Ballas interrupts the lecture.
(b) Helena interrupts the lecture.
(c) Lear becomes confused.
(d) Lear's student becomes confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Lear take as a result of his impatience in Act 2, Scene 8?
2. What do the other bureaucrats sense about Ballas?
3. What theme does Chorukor represent in the play?
4. What does Gross promise Maria in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9 that he will not do?
5. What point does Havel make about Ptydepe in Act 2, Scene 8?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)