|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ballas announce to the group in Actc 2, Scene 10?
(a) That Gross will be the Managing Director once again.
(b) That Stroll talked him into starting Ptydepe.
(c) That he is resigning.
(d) That Gross is responsible for Ptydepe.
2. What is Ballas holding when he enters the room in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) A fire extinguisher.
(b) A bag of limes.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) A memo.
3. What does Gross do on his way to lunch in Act 2, Scene 11?
(a) He stops to ask Thumb a question about Ptydepe.
(b) He smokes a cigarette.
(c) He stops to listen to Lear.
(d) He asks Maria to join him.
4. What is Lear asked for as he begins teaching about Chorukor?
(a) Its intent.
(b) The reasoning behind it.
(c) Its origin.
5. What proposal does Ballas make to Gross in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) To create a new language that will replace Ptydepe.
(b) To learn Ptydepe together.
(c) To gather information to get Pillar fired.
(d) To work together to put the company back on track.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gross feel and act at the beginning of Act 2, Scene10?
2. What angers Ballas about Pillar's meetings?
3. Which characters ask Pillar to speak with them privately?
4. In Act 2, Scene 9, how many translations does Stroll say he has done?
5. What is Maria's reaction to Gross' reason for staying?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)