|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pillar's response when he is asked by Ballas if he knows Ptydepe?
(a) He leaves the room immediately.
(b) He shakes his head.
(c) He tells Ballas that he isn't sure.
(d) He begins to read a document in Ptydepe.
2. What is Maria's reaction to Gross' reason for staying?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She becomes embarrassed.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She becomes angry.
3. What point does Havel make about Ptydepe in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Now Gross realizes its importance.
(b) Even Lear doesn't understand it.
(c) Even people who seemed to understand it before can see its uselessness.
(d) The company would be lost without it.
4. When the results of a recent audit of Gross' department are finally revealed, what are the findings?
(a) That Gross should receive a promotion.
(b) That Gross did in fact steal from the company and should be terminated.
(c) That Gross was unfairly removed from his position and that Ballas should be terminated.
(d) That Gross is innocent of all charges and the higher-ups agree with him about Ptydepe.
5. Who receives an A from Lear for answering correctly in Act 2, Scene 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about Pillar in Act 2, Scene 9?
2. Where is the job that Maria has found for Gross?
3. Who passes through the lecture as Lear is talking?
4. Who is excited about Chorukor?
5. Acknowledging the intent of the play, what does Havel feel should triumph over bureaucracy?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)