|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gross tells Maria that his current situation is a result of what?
(a) Trusting too much and giving in.
(b) His lack of intelligence.
(c) His inability to deal with life.
(d) Bad luck.
2. At what state is Ptydepe left in at the end of Act 2, Scene 8?
(c) Declining, but still necessary.
(d) Almost non-existent.
3. Who passes through the lecture as Lear is talking?
4. What is Stroll's excuse for not doing more translations?
(a) It is a difficult process because only the person writing in Ptydepe knows what it means.
(b) It is a difficult process because Lear is not a very good instructor.
(c) It is a difficult process because it takes too long.
(d) It is a difficult process because there is no formal guide on Ptydepe.
5. What does Maria do in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9 that no one else in the play has done up until this point?
(a) Offers Gross coffee.
(b) Makes Gross smile.
(c) Translates Gross' memo.
(d) Stands up to Helena.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 10, what does Gross inform Ballas are his intentions?
2. What is the point of Chorukor?
3. What is Ballas' initial reaction to Gross' news?
4. Which two characters enter and leave during Lear's lecture in Act 2 , Scene 11?
5. Why doesn't Hana understand Ptydepe?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)