|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 9, how many translations does Stroll say he has done?
2. What does Gross give to Ballas at his request in Act 2, Scene 9?
(b) A cigar.
(c) A bag of onions.
(d) A report.
3. Who vocally protests the use of Ptydepe in unison?
(a) Helena, Stroll, and Savant.
(b) Helena, Stroll, and Column.
(c) Helena, Stroll, and George.
(d) Helena, Maria, and Hana.
4. What happens to take away from the power Gross thought he had at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) He is forced to accept the responsibility for Ptydepe's failure.
(b) His lack of self confidence overcomes him.
(c) Ballas manipulates him again.
(d) He backs down from his original intention as a result of Stroll's pressure.
5. What theme does Chorukor represent in the play?
(a) Ballas' final mistake.
(b) A repeated cycle.
(c) A misunderstood bureaucracy.
(d) A way to eliminate Gross.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Maria, what is the key to winning a fight?
2. What do the other bureaucrats sense about Ballas?
3. When the results of a recent audit of Gross' department are finally revealed, what are the findings?
4. What proposal does Ballas make to Gross in Act 2, Scene 9?
5. What recurring item in the play does Gross hang up at the end of Act 2, Scene 10?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)