|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ballas finally do in Act 2, Scene 10 that is noteworthy?
(a) He reveals that he understands Ptydepe.
(b) He learns how to make coffee.
(c) He fires Thumb.
(d) He smokes a cigarette.
2. What does Gross' new position in Act 2, Scene 8 represent in the overall arch of the plot?
(a) Ballas' intimidation of him.
(b) His influence within the company.
(c) His gradual return to power.
(d) His value to the company.
3. What symbolism of hope does Havel use at the end of Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Gross appearing with more authority than before.
(b) Gross answering all of the questions correctly.
(c) Ballas leaving the classroom defeated.
(d) Lear teaching to an empty classroom.
4. What point does Havel make about Ptydepe in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Even Lear doesn't understand it.
(b) Even people who seemed to understand it before can see its uselessness.
(c) The company would be lost without it.
(d) Now Gross realizes its importance.
5. Gross admits that he has always been more of a dreamer than what?
(a) A doer.
(b) A survivor.
(c) A liar.
(d) A fighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Gross give Maria for wanting to stay with the company?
2. What does Maria encourage Gross to do in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9?
3. What is Lear lecturing about at the start of Act 2, Scene 11?
4. What does Gross think he has to earn at the end of Act 2, Scene 9?
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 9, what is Maria trying on?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)