|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what state is Ptydepe left in at the end of Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Declining, but still necessary.
(c) Almost non-existent.
2. Who does Ballas attempt to blame for the Ptydepe fiasco?
3. What theme does Chorukor represent in the play?
(a) A way to eliminate Gross.
(b) Ballas' final mistake.
(c) A misunderstood bureaucracy.
(d) A repeated cycle.
4. Who receives an A from Lear for answering correctly in Act 2, Scene 11?
5. In a broader interpretation, what is the one thing that bureaucracy relies on to keep its power?
(a) The support of the people.
(b) More bureaucracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who passes through the lecture as Lear is talking?
2. What does Ballas announce to the group in Actc 2, Scene 10?
3. Gross admits that he has always been more of a dreamer than what?
4. Acknowledging the intent of the play, what does Havel feel should triumph over bureaucracy?
5. What proposal does Ballas make to Gross in Act 2, Scene 9?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)