|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Hana understand Ptydepe?
(a) She doesn't have time to learn it.
(b) She refuses to recognize its existence.
(c) The classes were too hard.
(d) She doesn't need to be able to read it.
2. When the results of a recent audit of Gross' department are finally revealed, what are the findings?
(a) That Gross did in fact steal from the company and should be terminated.
(b) That Gross was unfairly removed from his position and that Ballas should be terminated.
(c) That Gross should receive a promotion.
(d) That Gross is innocent of all charges and the higher-ups agree with him about Ptydepe.
3. How does Gross feel and act at the beginning of Act 2, Scene10?
(a) Beaten down.
(c) Angry and frustrated.
(d) Optimistic and triumphant.
4. What is Pillar's response when he is asked by Ballas if he knows Ptydepe?
(a) He shakes his head.
(b) He begins to read a document in Ptydepe.
(c) He tells Ballas that he isn't sure.
(d) He leaves the room immediately.
5. What proposal does Ballas make to Gross in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) To work together to put the company back on track.
(b) To gather information to get Pillar fired.
(c) To create a new language that will replace Ptydepe.
(d) To learn Ptydepe together.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 7What does Ballas need help with?
2. What is significant about Ballas' order for Hana to go out and get the chocolates?
3. What theme does Chorukor represent in the play?
4. Gross admits that he has always been more of a dreamer than what?
5. What happens to take away from the power Gross thought he had at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 10?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)