|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only student Lear is lecturing during Act 2, Scene 8?
2. What is Gross' response when Ballas asks him about Ptydepe in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) He says that Ptydepe is stronger than ever.
(b) He doesn't know what to say.
(c) He lectures Ballas about the importance of Ptydepe.
(d) He ignores Ballas.
3. What is Ballas' initial reaction to Gross' news?
(a) He ignores him.
(b) He agrees with him.
(c) He threatens to terminate Gross.
(d) He doesn't believe Gross.
4. What happens to take away from the power Gross thought he had at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) Ballas manipulates him again.
(b) He is forced to accept the responsibility for Ptydepe's failure.
(c) He backs down from his original intention as a result of Stroll's pressure.
(d) His lack of self confidence overcomes him.
5. What is the translated memo a protest of?
(a) Ballas' attitude with other employees.
(b) The removal of Gross from his previous position of authority.
(c) The removal of the Accounts Department to make room for the Translation Center.
(d) The lack of respect Helena is showing Maria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Hana understand Ptydepe?
2. How does Gross feel and act at the beginning of Act 2, Scene10?
3. What idea does Ballas come up with in Act 2, Scene 10?
4. What is Lear asked for as he begins teaching about Chorukor?
5. What angers Ballas about Pillar's meetings?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)