|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 9, what is Maria trying on?
(a) An overcoat.
(b) A hat.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A scarf.
2. What recurring item in the play does Gross hang up at the end of Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) His fire extinguisher.
(b) His coat.
(c) The original memorandum.
(d) His hat.
3. What is Lear lecturing about at the start of Act 2, Scene 11?
(a) Why everyone still needs to know Ptydepe.
(b) How to improve Ptydepe.
(c) The mistakes of Ptydepe.
(d) The way Ptydepe is structured.
4. Once Gross refuses to back down, what does Ballas suggest?
(a) That he and Gross should resign.
(b) That he and Gross should talk to Stroll.
(c) That Gross should be terminated.
(d) That Gross should work in the Accounts Department.
5. Why doesn't Hana understand Ptydepe?
(a) She doesn't need to be able to read it.
(b) She doesn't have time to learn it.
(c) She refuses to recognize its existence.
(d) The classes were too hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a broader interpretation, what is the one thing that bureaucracy relies on to keep its power?
2. What action does Lear take as a result of his impatience in Act 2, Scene 8?
3. According to Lear, what is a big factor in the way people use Ptydepe?
4. How does George categorize Maria's actions?
5. Who is excited about Chorukor?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)