|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about Ballas' order for Hana to go out and get the chocolates?
(a) He doesn't ask if she wanted chocolates in the first place.
(b) He doesn't offer any money to pay for them.
(c) Ballas doesn't even like chocolates.
(d) He doesn't wait for her to ask permission to go.
2. Which two characters enter and leave during Lear's lecture in Act 2 , Scene 11?
(a) Ballas and Gross.
(b) Ballas and Column.
(c) Stroll and Gross.
(d) Pillar and Column.
3. What proposal does Ballas make to Gross in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) To learn Ptydepe together.
(b) To gather information to get Pillar fired.
(c) To create a new language that will replace Ptydepe.
(d) To work together to put the company back on track.
4. What is the translated memo a protest of?
(a) Ballas' attitude with other employees.
(b) The removal of Gross from his previous position of authority.
(c) The lack of respect Helena is showing Maria.
(d) The removal of the Accounts Department to make room for the Translation Center.
5. What does Maria do in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9 that no one else in the play has done up until this point?
(a) Translates Gross' memo.
(b) Offers Gross coffee.
(c) Makes Gross smile.
(d) Stands up to Helena.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Gross give Maria for wanting to stay with the company?
2. According to Maria, what is the key to winning a fight?
3. Who does Ballas attempt to blame for the Ptydepe fiasco?
4. What is causing the declining importance of Ptydepe?
5. Who vocally protests the use of Ptydepe in unison?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)