|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria encourage Gross to do in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) Take over Ballas' position.
(b) Fight to prove his innocence.
(c) Give her a promotion.
(d) Resign from the company.
2. Who does Hana point out does not know Ptydepe either?
3. Which two characters enter and leave during Lear's lecture in Act 2 , Scene 11?
(a) Ballas and Column.
(b) Ballas and Gross.
(c) Pillar and Column.
(d) Stroll and Gross.
4. What does Gross do on his way to lunch in Act 2, Scene 11?
(a) He asks Maria to join him.
(b) He stops to ask Thumb a question about Ptydepe.
(c) He smokes a cigarette.
(d) He stops to listen to Lear.
5. According to Lear, what is a big factor in the way people use Ptydepe?
(a) They are not smart enough to use Ptydepe.
(b) They get confused by the need for an additional language.
(c) They lose track of what they are trying to communicate.
(d) They resent Ptydepe and never give it a fair chance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is causing the declining importance of Ptydepe?
2. Who vocally protests the use of Ptydepe in unison?
3. How does George categorize Maria's actions?
4. What stunning topic does Lear bring up in Act 2, Scene 11?
5. What reason does Gross give Maria for wanting to stay with the company?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)