|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ballas attempt to blame for the Ptydepe fiasco?
2. What is Maria's reaction to Gross' reason for staying?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She becomes angry.
(c) She becomes embarrassed.
(d) She ignores him.
3. What is Gross' response when Ballas asks him about Ptydepe in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) He lectures Ballas about the importance of Ptydepe.
(b) He ignores Ballas.
(c) He says that Ptydepe is stronger than ever.
(d) He doesn't know what to say.
4. What does Maria do in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9 that no one else in the play has done up until this point?
(a) Stands up to Helena.
(b) Translates Gross' memo.
(c) Offers Gross coffee.
(d) Makes Gross smile.
5. What happens to take away from the power Gross thought he had at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) His lack of self confidence overcomes him.
(b) He backs down from his original intention as a result of Stroll's pressure.
(c) Ballas manipulates him again.
(d) He is forced to accept the responsibility for Ptydepe's failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What recurring item in the play does Gross hang up at the end of Act 2, Scene 10?
2. In Act 2, Scene 9, how many translations does Stroll say he has done?
3. What is Pillar's response when he is asked by Ballas if he knows Ptydepe?
4. What stunning topic does Lear bring up in Act 2, Scene 11?
5. What does Gross' new position in Act 2, Scene 8 represent in the overall arch of the plot?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)