Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of writing best describes The Memorandum?
2. Lear agrees to help Gross, only if he can show that his interest in Ptydepe is what?
(b) A sign of acceptance.
3. What does Gross attempt to steal from Stroll's desk?
(a) A cigar.
(b) An authorization form.
(c) A Ptydepe Dictionary.
(d) A piece of paper.
4. Why does Ballas tell Gross that the log book needs to be replaced?
(a) It has been stolen.
(b) It has been damaged.
(c) It is full.
(d) It is lost.
5. At the beginning of the play, what kind of letter does Gross receive?
(a) A bill.
(b) A memorandum.
(c) A late notice.
(d) A shipping invoice.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Lear attempt to illustrate about Ptydepe?
2. What is still in its infancy and talked about as if it were a baby?
3. Where does Scene 2 take place?
4. What is Act 1, Scene 3 trying to illustrate about Gross?
5. The irony of the events in Acct 1, Scene 5 is that Gross' lack of knowledge prevents him from gaining what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two main issues that Gross has with Ptydepe in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What do we notice right away about the relationship between Ballas and Pillar?
3. After all of the speculation throughout the play, what are the contents of Gross' memo revealed to be, and what effect does this have on him?
4. What is different about Gross and his approach in the very beginning of Act 2, Scene 10?
5. What are the noticeable habits of Hana, the secretary, that are displayed in the beginning of the play?
6. What is different about Thumb's responses in Act 2, Scene 8 as compared to earlier in the play?
7. What events lead Gross to speak out against the technological advances that are affecting humanity?
8. What are some more examples of Ballas' parallel experience to Gross' time as Managing Director that are given in the first part of Act 2, Scene 9?
9. How does Lear explain Ptydepe in describing the process for learning it?
10. What is ironic about the way the conversation between Gross and Ballas starts and the way it concludes, specifically concerning Gross' job?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)