|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Helena introduce herself as?
(a) The Chairman.
(b) The Czar of Accounting.
(c) The Supervisor of Ptydepe Training.
(d) The CEO.
2. What does Gross fear if he does not agree to the switch?
(a) His career will be over.
(b) He will have a lawsuit filed against him.
(c) He will have to talk to the Staff Watcher again.
(d) He will be even further demoted.
3. Who does Ballas point out is in control of Ptydepe?
(b) The higher-ups.
4. What does Ballas threaten Gross with?
(a) Causing Gross to lose his job.
(b) Resigning from the company.
(c) Speaking Ptydepe to Gross permanently.
(d) Going over his head to get the notice authenticated.
5. What does Lear acknowledge about Ptydepe?
(a) It seems complicated.
(b) It is pointless.
(c) It was created for the wrong reasons.
(d) It is not structured well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gross finally concede to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Ballas and the higher-ups manipulate Gross in order to bring what to the company?
3. What does Maria ask Gross in Act 1, Scene 6?
4. What point is the author trying to make by having Hana make separate trips for food?
5. What is it about the letter that automatically irritates Gross?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explanation does Ballas offer to Gross and what position does he offer him?
2. What are some examples of the familiarity of Ballas' morning as Managing Director and what is it similar to?
3. How is Lear's explanation of Ptydepe used to display the arrogance and self-indulgent actions of bureaucrats?
4. What is both ironic and significant about Pillar's outburst at the end of Act 2, Scene 10?
5. What is Lear lecturing about during Act 2, Scene 11, and why does it cause Gross to stop and listen?
6. What is it about Gross' life that leads him to believe he might not be able to "fight for his innocence?" What reasoning does he give Maria?
7. What does the number of students in Lear's class in Act 2, Scene 11 say about his lecture topic, and the state of the company in general?
8. What are two main issues that Gross has with Ptydepe in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. Why does Gross report to the Training Center in Act 1, Scene 5, and what is he carrying?
10. What is different about Gross and his approach in the very beginning of Act 2, Scene 10?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)