|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is revealed to be the person that authorized the use of Ptydepe?
2. What does Gross ask Lear to do for him in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Help him get his former position back.
(b) Tell him where the next Ptydepe class is.
(c) Help him learn Ptydepe.
(d) Translate the memo.
3. What does Ballas constantly look to Pillar for?
(c) To finish his sentences.
(d) The meaning of words.
4. What does Gross interrupt at the start of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A conversation between Lear and Ballas.
(b) A meeting between Lear and Stroll.
(c) A board meeting called by Lear.
(d) Lear's lecture.
5. What is Gross trying to get accomplished in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is trying to get back to his office.
(b) He is trying to get the books balanced.
(c) He is trying to get the new log book authenticated.
(d) He is trying to get the memorandum translated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ballas located at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What does the clerk's character symbolize?
3. Hypothetically, the use of Ptydepe could remove what from the office?
4. Why does Ballas tell Gross that the log book needs to be replaced?
5. The character of Lear was given the name as a possible reference to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Gross manipulated again in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. What are two main issues that Gross has with Ptydepe in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does the introduction of Ptydepe signal in the play as it pertains to Gross and his position within the company?
4. What do Hana's habits and actions symbolize?
5. What does the fire extinguisher symbolize?
6. What is different about Gross and his approach in the very beginning of Act 2, Scene 10?
7. What are some examples in Scene 6 of Gross being continually kept of the loop?
8. What are some more examples of Ballas' parallel experience to Gross' time as Managing Director that are given in the first part of Act 2, Scene 9?
9. What is significant about Thumb's interaction with Lear in Act 2, Scene 11?
10. What significant discovery does Ballas make at the end of Act 2, Scene 7?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)