Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George throw at Gross after hearing the news of his position change?
(a) The memo.
(b) A cup of coffee.
(c) A fire extinguisher.
(d) A Ptydepe Dictionary.
2. What action does Lear take as a result of his impatience in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) He begins yelling louder.
(b) He calls for Stroll.
(c) He calls for Ballas.
(d) He dismisses the student.
3. What idea does Ballas come up with in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) For Gross to admit Ptydepe was his fault.
(b) For him to become Gross' deputy.
(c) For Gross to forget about his desire to end Ptydepe.
(d) For him to talk with the higher-ups about Gross' ambitions.
4. What new position does Ballas offer Gross in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Director of Accounting.
(c) Staff Watcher.
(d) Head of the Department of Authentication.
5. Gross tells Maria that his current situation is a result of what?
(a) His lack of intelligence.
(b) Trusting too much and giving in.
(c) His inability to deal with life.
(d) Bad luck.
6. What theme does Chorukor represent in the play?
(a) Ballas' final mistake.
(b) A misunderstood bureaucracy.
(c) A repeated cycle.
(d) A way to eliminate Gross.
7. What is the translated memo a protest of?
(a) Ballas' attitude with other employees.
(b) The lack of respect Helena is showing Maria.
(c) The removal of Gross from his previous position of authority.
(d) The removal of the Accounts Department to make room for the Translation Center.
8. Which two characters enter and leave during Lear's lecture in Act 2 , Scene 11?
(a) Stroll and Gross.
(b) Pillar and Column.
(c) Ballas and Column.
(d) Ballas and Gross.
9. What happens as Act 2, Scene 8 progresses?
(a) Ballas interrupts the lecture.
(b) Lear's student becomes confused.
(c) Lear becomes confused.
(d) Helena interrupts the lecture.
10. What does Gross give to Ballas at his request in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) A report.
(b) A cigar.
(d) A bag of onions.
11. What stunning topic does Lear bring up in Act 2, Scene 11?
(a) The termination of Stroll by the higher-ups.
(b) The creation of a new operating language.
(c) His promotion to the Department of Authentication.
(d) Gross' audit and how Ptydepe saved him.
12. What is Gross' response when Ballas asks him about Ptydepe in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) He ignores Ballas.
(b) He says that Ptydepe is stronger than ever.
(c) He lectures Ballas about the importance of Ptydepe.
(d) He doesn't know what to say.
13. Once Gross refuses to back down, what does Ballas suggest?
(a) That Gross should work in the Accounts Department.
(b) That he and Gross should resign.
(c) That he and Gross should talk to Stroll.
(d) That Gross should be terminated.
14. Who does Hana point out does not know Ptydepe either?
15. What does Gross promise Maria in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9 that he will not do?
(a) Make any trouble.
(b) Back down.
(c) Fight for himself.
(d) Ignore the audit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gross' new position in Act 2, Scene 8 represent in the overall arch of the plot?
2. What is significant about Pillar in Act 2, Scene 9?
3. What recurring item in the play does Gross hang up at the end of Act 2, Scene 10?
4. What does Hana inform Ballas the memo could possibly be?
5. What is interesting about the way Ballas receives the mail in Act 2, Scene 7?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)