|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What proposal does Ballas make to Gross in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) To create a new language that will replace Ptydepe.
(b) To learn Ptydepe together.
(c) To work together to put the company back on track.
(d) To gather information to get Pillar fired.
2. What does George throw at Gross after hearing the news of his position change?
(a) A fire extinguisher.
(b) A cup of coffee.
(c) A Ptydepe Dictionary.
(d) The memo.
3. In Act 2, Scene 9, how many translations does Stroll say he has done?
4. Who vocally protests the use of Ptydepe in unison?
(a) Helena, Stroll, and Column.
(b) Helena, Stroll, and Savant.
(c) Helena, Stroll, and George.
(d) Helena, Maria, and Hana.
5. What is causing the declining importance of Ptydepe?
(a) There are no more training classes being offered.
(b) Ballas' insistence that it be made mandatory.
(c) A lack of interest.
(d) It's complexity.
6. What is Lear asked for as he begins teaching about Chorukor?
(a) The reasoning behind it.
(b) Its intent.
(c) Its origin.
7. According to Maria, what is the key to winning a fight?
(a) Being creative to overcome any weakness.
(b) Doing whatever it takes, even if it means not fighting fairly.
(c) Being stronger than what you are fighting.
(d) Not backing down.
8. Who does Hana point out does not know Ptydepe either?
9. What do the other bureaucrats sense about Ballas?
(a) His bureaucratic vulnerability.
(b) His arrogance.
(c) His reliance on Pillar.
(d) His incompetence.
10. What theme does Chorukor represent in the play?
(a) A misunderstood bureaucracy.
(b) Ballas' final mistake.
(c) A repeated cycle.
(d) A way to eliminate Gross.
11. What is Ballas' role in Lear's class?
(a) He was tricked by Lear into authorizing it.
(b) He is trying to understand it.
(c) He protests against it.
(d) He is unaware of it because he is focused on lunch.
12. At what state is Ptydepe left in at the end of Act 2, Scene 8?
(b) Almost non-existent.
(d) Declining, but still necessary.
13. What new position does Ballas offer Gross in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Head of the Department of Authentication.
(b) Director of Accounting.
(c) Staff Watcher.
14. What is Lear lecturing about at the start of Act 2, Scene 11?
(a) The mistakes of Ptydepe.
(b) How to improve Ptydepe.
(c) The way Ptydepe is structured.
(d) Why everyone still needs to know Ptydepe.
15. What happens as Act 2, Scene 8 progresses?
(a) Helena interrupts the lecture.
(b) Lear's student becomes confused.
(c) Ballas interrupts the lecture.
(d) Lear becomes confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 7What does Ballas need help with?
2. What does Ballas finally do in Act 2, Scene 10 that is noteworthy?
3. What angers Ballas about Pillar's meetings?
4. Where is the job that Maria has found for Gross?
5. What is the translated memo a protest of?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)