|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which characters ask Pillar to speak with them privately?
(a) Stroll, Gross, and Helena.
(b) Stroll, Savant, and Helena.
(c) Stroll, Helena, and Lear.
(d) Stroll, Helena, and Maria.
2. Why does Gross state that he would have rather kept his former position?
(a) He could take longer breaks to be with Maria.
(b) There would be less worrying about bureaucrats.
(c) There was a lot less responsibility.
(d) He likes watching people.
3. What is Lear asked for as he begins teaching about Chorukor?
(a) Its origin.
(b) Its intent.
(d) The reasoning behind it.
4. What does Gross give to Ballas at his request in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A report.
(d) A bag of onions.
5. What theme does Chorukor represent in the play?
(a) A repeated cycle.
(b) A misunderstood bureaucracy.
(c) Ballas' final mistake.
(d) A way to eliminate Gross.
6. What is Maria's reaction to Gross' reason for staying?
(a) She becomes angry.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She becomes embarrassed.
7. In Act 2, Scene 7What does Ballas need help with?
(a) Finding the log book.
(b) Making coffee.
(c) Cleaning Gross' desk out.
(d) Translating a memo.
8. Once Gross refuses to back down, what does Ballas suggest?
(a) That he and Gross should talk to Stroll.
(b) That he and Gross should resign.
(c) That Gross should be terminated.
(d) That Gross should work in the Accounts Department.
9. What does Hana tell Ballas people are saying about Ptydepe?
(a) It was made up by Ballas.
(b) Only Stroll can speak it.
(c) It is based on doubtful principles.
(d) It does not exist.
10. Who passes through the lecture as Lear is talking?
11. What do Hana's continued repetitive trips to the store signify?
(a) She is becoming more forgetful.
(b) She has no respect for Ballas.
(c) Bureaucracy does not matter to regular people.
(d) She wishes Gross was her boss again.
12. Who does Ballas attempt to blame for the Ptydepe fiasco?
13. What is significant about Pillar in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) He remains unnoticed by Ballas.
(b) He talks to everyone but Gross.
(c) He admits that he understands Ptydepe.
(d) He reveals his plan for taking Ballas's position.
14. What does Gross do on his way to lunch in Act 2, Scene 11?
(a) He asks Maria to join him.
(b) He stops to listen to Lear.
(c) He smokes a cigarette.
(d) He stops to ask Thumb a question about Ptydepe.
15. What does Maria encourage Gross to do in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) Give her a promotion.
(b) Fight to prove his innocence.
(c) Resign from the company.
(d) Take over Ballas' position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the overall message in Act 2, Scene 11?
2. Why doesn't Hana understand Ptydepe?
3. Which two characters enter and leave during Lear's lecture in Act 2 , Scene 11?
4. What is Pillar's response when he is asked by Ballas if he knows Ptydepe?
5. In Act 2, Scene 10, what does Gross inform Ballas are his intentions?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)