|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lear, what is a big factor in the way people use Ptydepe?
(a) They are not smart enough to use Ptydepe.
(b) They get confused by the need for an additional language.
(c) They lose track of what they are trying to communicate.
(d) They resent Ptydepe and never give it a fair chance.
2. What is Lear asked for as he begins teaching about Chorukor?
(a) Its intent.
(b) The reasoning behind it.
(d) Its origin.
3. What is Ballas' initial reaction to Gross' news?
(a) He ignores him.
(b) He threatens to terminate Gross.
(c) He doesn't believe Gross.
(d) He agrees with him.
4. What new position does Ballas offer Gross in Act 2, Scene 7?
(b) Director of Accounting.
(c) Staff Watcher.
(d) Head of the Department of Authentication.
5. What action does Lear take as a result of his impatience in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) He calls for Ballas.
(b) He begins yelling louder.
(c) He dismisses the student.
(d) He calls for Stroll.
6. What is Lear lecturing about at the start of Act 2, Scene 11?
(a) The way Ptydepe is structured.
(b) The mistakes of Ptydepe.
(c) Why everyone still needs to know Ptydepe.
(d) How to improve Ptydepe.
7. What happens as Act 2, Scene 8 progresses?
(a) Helena interrupts the lecture.
(b) Lear becomes confused.
(c) Ballas interrupts the lecture.
(d) Lear's student becomes confused.
8. What does Gross' new position in Act 2, Scene 8 represent in the overall arch of the plot?
(a) His gradual return to power.
(b) His influence within the company.
(c) His value to the company.
(d) Ballas' intimidation of him.
9. Gross admits that he has always been more of a dreamer than what?
(a) A fighter.
(b) A survivor.
(c) A liar.
(d) A doer.
10. Who is excited about Chorukor?
11. How does Gross feel and act at the beginning of Act 2, Scene10?
(a) Beaten down.
(b) Optimistic and triumphant.
(d) Angry and frustrated.
12. What is Maria's reaction to Gross' reason for staying?
(a) She becomes angry.
(b) She becomes embarrassed.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She runs away.
13. What is Maria's reaction to Gross' new position?
(a) She congratulates him.
(b) She does not say anything.
(c) She is disappointed.
(d) She is angry with him.
14. Once Gross refuses to back down, what does Ballas suggest?
(a) That Gross should be terminated.
(b) That Gross should work in the Accounts Department.
(c) That he and Gross should talk to Stroll.
(d) That he and Gross should resign.
15. What does Ballas announce to the group in Actc 2, Scene 10?
(a) That he is resigning.
(b) That Stroll talked him into starting Ptydepe.
(c) That Gross will be the Managing Director once again.
(d) That Gross is responsible for Ptydepe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ballas finally do in Act 2, Scene 10 that is noteworthy?
2. Who does Hana point out does not know Ptydepe either?
3. What does Gross do on his way to lunch in Act 2, Scene 11?
4. What does Hana tell Ballas people are saying about Ptydepe?
5. Why doesn't Hana understand Ptydepe?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)