|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hana point out does not know Ptydepe either?
2. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 9, what is Maria trying on?
(a) A new dress.
(b) An overcoat.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A hat.
3. What is Lear asked for as he begins teaching about Chorukor?
(a) The reasoning behind it.
(c) Its origin.
(d) Its intent.
4. What is Ballas' role in Lear's class?
(a) He is trying to understand it.
(b) He protests against it.
(c) He is unaware of it because he is focused on lunch.
(d) He was tricked by Lear into authorizing it.
5. What is causing the declining importance of Ptydepe?
(a) There are no more training classes being offered.
(b) Ballas' insistence that it be made mandatory.
(c) It's complexity.
(d) A lack of interest.
6. Who is the only student Lear is lecturing during Act 2, Scene 8?
7. In Act 2, Scene 9, how many translations does Stroll say he has done?
8. What new position does Ballas offer Gross in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Staff Watcher.
(c) Director of Accounting.
(d) Head of the Department of Authentication.
9. What does Maria do in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9 that no one else in the play has done up until this point?
(a) Makes Gross smile.
(b) Translates Gross' memo.
(c) Stands up to Helena.
(d) Offers Gross coffee.
10. What does Gross promise Maria in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9 that he will not do?
(a) Make any trouble.
(b) Back down.
(c) Ignore the audit.
(d) Fight for himself.
11. According to Lear, what is a big factor in the way people use Ptydepe?
(a) They resent Ptydepe and never give it a fair chance.
(b) They are not smart enough to use Ptydepe.
(c) They get confused by the need for an additional language.
(d) They lose track of what they are trying to communicate.
12. Who vocally protests the use of Ptydepe in unison?
(a) Helena, Maria, and Hana.
(b) Helena, Stroll, and George.
(c) Helena, Stroll, and Column.
(d) Helena, Stroll, and Savant.
13. What is significant about Pillar in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) He admits that he understands Ptydepe.
(b) He talks to everyone but Gross.
(c) He reveals his plan for taking Ballas's position.
(d) He remains unnoticed by Ballas.
14. What do Hana's continued repetitive trips to the store signify?
(a) She has no respect for Ballas.
(b) She wishes Gross was her boss again.
(c) She is becoming more forgetful.
(d) Bureaucracy does not matter to regular people.
15. Who receives an A from Lear for answering correctly in Act 2, Scene 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gross feel and act at the beginning of Act 2, Scene10?
2. What does Hana tell Ballas people are saying about Ptydepe?
3. What idea does Ballas come up with in Act 2, Scene 10?
4. What does Gross do on his way to lunch in Act 2, Scene 11?
5. What do the other bureaucrats sense about Ballas?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)