|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is interesting about the way Ballas receives the mail in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) It mirrors the way Gross did at the beginning of the play.
(b) It illustrates his reliance on Pillar.
(c) It happens at the beginning of the day.
(d) It happens at the end of the day.
2. What does Ballas announce to the group in Actc 2, Scene 10?
(a) That Gross will be the Managing Director once again.
(b) That he is resigning.
(c) That Stroll talked him into starting Ptydepe.
(d) That Gross is responsible for Ptydepe.
3. What is the translated memo a protest of?
(a) Ballas' attitude with other employees.
(b) The removal of the Accounts Department to make room for the Translation Center.
(c) The lack of respect Helena is showing Maria.
(d) The removal of Gross from his previous position of authority.
4. Who does Hana point out does not know Ptydepe either?
5. What is the overall message in Act 2, Scene 11?
(a) A bureaucratic system will continue to exist if left unchecked.
(b) Lear is not a very good teacher.
(c) Gross realizes that he has too many enemies.
(d) Chorukor is better that Ptydepe.
6. What is Ballas' role in Lear's class?
(a) He is trying to understand it.
(b) He is unaware of it because he is focused on lunch.
(c) He was tricked by Lear into authorizing it.
(d) He protests against it.
7. What is Ballas holding when he enters the room in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) A bag of limes.
(b) A fire extinguisher.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) A memo.
8. Who is the only student Lear is lecturing during Act 2, Scene 8?
9. What does George throw at Gross after hearing the news of his position change?
(a) A fire extinguisher.
(b) The memo.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) A Ptydepe Dictionary.
10. What is Lear lecturing about at the start of Act 2, Scene 11?
(a) The mistakes of Ptydepe.
(b) Why everyone still needs to know Ptydepe.
(c) How to improve Ptydepe.
(d) The way Ptydepe is structured.
11. According to Maria, what is the key to winning a fight?
(a) Doing whatever it takes, even if it means not fighting fairly.
(b) Not backing down.
(c) Being creative to overcome any weakness.
(d) Being stronger than what you are fighting.
12. Who passes through the lecture as Lear is talking?
13. Why doesn't Hana understand Ptydepe?
(a) The classes were too hard.
(b) She doesn't have time to learn it.
(c) She refuses to recognize its existence.
(d) She doesn't need to be able to read it.
14. What does Hana tell Ballas people are saying about Ptydepe?
(a) It is based on doubtful principles.
(b) It does not exist.
(c) Only Stroll can speak it.
(d) It was made up by Ballas.
15. What is Gross' response when Ballas asks him about Ptydepe in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) He says that Ptydepe is stronger than ever.
(b) He ignores Ballas.
(c) He doesn't know what to say.
(d) He lectures Ballas about the importance of Ptydepe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to take away from the power Gross thought he had at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 10?
2. What is Maria's reaction to Gross' reason for staying?
3. Which characters ask Pillar to speak with them privately?
4. What is Pillar's response when he is asked by Ballas if he knows Ptydepe?
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 9, what is Maria trying on?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)