|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who passes through the lecture as Lear is talking?
2. What is significant about Ballas' order for Hana to go out and get the chocolates?
(a) He doesn't ask if she wanted chocolates in the first place.
(b) Ballas doesn't even like chocolates.
(c) He doesn't offer any money to pay for them.
(d) He doesn't wait for her to ask permission to go.
3. What do Hana's continued repetitive trips to the store signify?
(a) Bureaucracy does not matter to regular people.
(b) She has no respect for Ballas.
(c) She is becoming more forgetful.
(d) She wishes Gross was her boss again.
4. Who is excited about Chorukor?
5. How does George categorize Maria's actions?
6. What is Maria's reaction to Gross' new position?
(a) She is disappointed.
(b) She does not say anything.
(c) She is angry with him.
(d) She congratulates him.
7. What is Pillar's response when he is asked by Ballas if he knows Ptydepe?
(a) He tells Ballas that he isn't sure.
(b) He begins to read a document in Ptydepe.
(c) He shakes his head.
(d) He leaves the room immediately.
8. What is the translated memo a protest of?
(a) The removal of the Accounts Department to make room for the Translation Center.
(b) Ballas' attitude with other employees.
(c) The lack of respect Helena is showing Maria.
(d) The removal of Gross from his previous position of authority.
9. What happens as Act 2, Scene 8 progresses?
(a) Lear becomes confused.
(b) Helena interrupts the lecture.
(c) Lear's student becomes confused.
(d) Ballas interrupts the lecture.
10. Which two characters enter and leave during Lear's lecture in Act 2 , Scene 11?
(a) Stroll and Gross.
(b) Pillar and Column.
(c) Ballas and Column.
(d) Ballas and Gross.
11. When the results of a recent audit of Gross' department are finally revealed, what are the findings?
(a) That Gross should receive a promotion.
(b) That Gross was unfairly removed from his position and that Ballas should be terminated.
(c) That Gross did in fact steal from the company and should be terminated.
(d) That Gross is innocent of all charges and the higher-ups agree with him about Ptydepe.
12. What is Lear asked for as he begins teaching about Chorukor?
(a) The reasoning behind it.
(b) Its intent.
(c) Its origin.
13. What do the other bureaucrats sense about Ballas?
(a) His reliance on Pillar.
(b) His bureaucratic vulnerability.
(c) His incompetence.
(d) His arrogance.
14. What is Ballas' role in Lear's class?
(a) He protests against it.
(b) He is trying to understand it.
(c) He is unaware of it because he is focused on lunch.
(d) He was tricked by Lear into authorizing it.
15. What does Gross' new position in Act 2, Scene 8 represent in the overall arch of the plot?
(a) His value to the company.
(b) His gradual return to power.
(c) His influence within the company.
(d) Ballas' intimidation of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gross do on his way to lunch in Act 2, Scene 11?
2. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 9, what is Maria trying on?
3. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 8, how is Lear's student answering the questions?
4. Who receives an A from Lear for answering correctly in Act 2, Scene 11?
5. What is Stroll's excuse for not doing more translations?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)