|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters enter and leave during Lear's lecture in Act 2 , Scene 11?
(a) Stroll and Gross.
(b) Pillar and Column.
(c) Ballas and Column.
(d) Ballas and Gross.
2. What is causing the declining importance of Ptydepe?
(a) A lack of interest.
(b) It's complexity.
(c) Ballas' insistence that it be made mandatory.
(d) There are no more training classes being offered.
3. What does Ballas announce to the group in Actc 2, Scene 10?
(a) That Gross is responsible for Ptydepe.
(b) That he is resigning.
(c) That Stroll talked him into starting Ptydepe.
(d) That Gross will be the Managing Director once again.
4. Who does Ballas attempt to blame for the Ptydepe fiasco?
5. What is Gross' response when Ballas asks him about Ptydepe in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) He ignores Ballas.
(b) He doesn't know what to say.
(c) He says that Ptydepe is stronger than ever.
(d) He lectures Ballas about the importance of Ptydepe.
6. What recurring item in the play does Gross hang up at the end of Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) His fire extinguisher.
(b) The original memorandum.
(c) His coat.
(d) His hat.
7. What does Maria encourage Gross to do in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) Take over Ballas' position.
(b) Fight to prove his innocence.
(c) Resign from the company.
(d) Give her a promotion.
8. What is Maria's reaction to Gross' new position?
(a) She congratulates him.
(b) She does not say anything.
(c) She is disappointed.
(d) She is angry with him.
9. Where is the job that Maria has found for Gross?
(a) A theatre company.
(b) A different office.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A shoe repair service.
10. Who is the only student Lear is lecturing during Act 2, Scene 8?
11. Who is excited about Chorukor?
12. What is the translated memo a protest of?
(a) The lack of respect Helena is showing Maria.
(b) The removal of the Accounts Department to make room for the Translation Center.
(c) The removal of Gross from his previous position of authority.
(d) Ballas' attitude with other employees.
13. What is Ballas holding when he enters the room in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) A memo.
(b) A bag of limes.
(c) A fire extinguisher.
(d) A cup of coffee.
14. Gross tells Maria that his current situation is a result of what?
(a) His lack of intelligence.
(b) Bad luck.
(c) Trusting too much and giving in.
(d) His inability to deal with life.
15. What new position does Ballas offer Gross in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Head of the Department of Authentication.
(b) Staff Watcher.
(c) Director of Accounting.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 7What does Ballas need help with?
2. What does Hana inform Ballas the memo could possibly be?
3. What reason does Gross give Maria for wanting to stay with the company?
4. Who vocally protests the use of Ptydepe in unison?
5. Who does Hana point out does not know Ptydepe either?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)