|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hana point out does not know Ptydepe either?
2. Gross tells Maria that his current situation is a result of what?
(a) His inability to deal with life.
(b) Trusting too much and giving in.
(c) His lack of intelligence.
(d) Bad luck.
3. Why does Gross state that he would have rather kept his former position?
(a) He could take longer breaks to be with Maria.
(b) There was a lot less responsibility.
(c) There would be less worrying about bureaucrats.
(d) He likes watching people.
4. In Act 2, Scene 10, what does Gross inform Ballas are his intentions?
(a) To end the use of Ptydepe.
(b) To visit the higher-ups.
(c) To restore the Accounts Department.
(d) To resign.
5. What does George throw at Gross after hearing the news of his position change?
(a) The memo.
(b) A Ptydepe Dictionary.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) A fire extinguisher.
6. What is Ballas' role in Lear's class?
(a) He was tricked by Lear into authorizing it.
(b) He is trying to understand it.
(c) He protests against it.
(d) He is unaware of it because he is focused on lunch.
7. How does George categorize Maria's actions?
8. What does Ballas finally do in Act 2, Scene 10 that is noteworthy?
(a) He smokes a cigarette.
(b) He learns how to make coffee.
(c) He reveals that he understands Ptydepe.
(d) He fires Thumb.
9. What is Ballas holding when he enters the room in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) A memo.
(b) A fire extinguisher.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) A bag of limes.
10. Who is excited about Chorukor?
11. What is Maria's reaction to Gross' new position?
(a) She does not say anything.
(b) She congratulates him.
(c) She is disappointed.
(d) She is angry with him.
12. Who is the only student Lear is lecturing during Act 2, Scene 8?
13. What idea does Ballas come up with in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) For him to talk with the higher-ups about Gross' ambitions.
(b) For Gross to forget about his desire to end Ptydepe.
(c) For Gross to admit Ptydepe was his fault.
(d) For him to become Gross' deputy.
14. In Act 2, Scene 7What does Ballas need help with?
(a) Making coffee.
(b) Cleaning Gross' desk out.
(c) Finding the log book.
(d) Translating a memo.
15. What happens to take away from the power Gross thought he had at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) Ballas manipulates him again.
(b) He is forced to accept the responsibility for Ptydepe's failure.
(c) He backs down from his original intention as a result of Stroll's pressure.
(d) His lack of self confidence overcomes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria encourage Gross to do in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9?
2. What is Lear asked for as he begins teaching about Chorukor?
3. Why doesn't Hana understand Ptydepe?
4. At what state is Ptydepe left in at the end of Act 2, Scene 8?
5. Once Gross refuses to back down, what does Ballas suggest?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)