|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Gross refuses to back down, what does Ballas suggest?
(a) That he and Gross should talk to Stroll.
(b) That he and Gross should resign.
(c) That Gross should work in the Accounts Department.
(d) That Gross should be terminated.
2. What reason does Gross give Maria for wanting to stay with the company?
(a) So he can work at the Department of Authentication.
(b) So he can get revenge on Ballas.
(c) So he can watch her.
(d) So he can eventually take Stroll's job.
3. Who passes through the lecture as Lear is talking?
4. How does Gross feel and act at the beginning of Act 2, Scene10?
(a) Optimistic and triumphant.
(c) Angry and frustrated.
(d) Beaten down.
5. When the results of a recent audit of Gross' department are finally revealed, what are the findings?
(a) That Gross was unfairly removed from his position and that Ballas should be terminated.
(b) That Gross should receive a promotion.
(c) That Gross is innocent of all charges and the higher-ups agree with him about Ptydepe.
(d) That Gross did in fact steal from the company and should be terminated.
6. What does Gross' new position in Act 2, Scene 8 represent in the overall arch of the plot?
(a) Ballas' intimidation of him.
(b) His influence within the company.
(c) His value to the company.
(d) His gradual return to power.
7. What does Ballas announce to the group in Actc 2, Scene 10?
(a) That he is resigning.
(b) That Gross is responsible for Ptydepe.
(c) That Gross will be the Managing Director once again.
(d) That Stroll talked him into starting Ptydepe.
8. At what state is Ptydepe left in at the end of Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Declining, but still necessary.
(b) Almost non-existent.
9. What does George throw at Gross after hearing the news of his position change?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(b) The memo.
(c) A Ptydepe Dictionary.
(d) A fire extinguisher.
10. What do Hana's continued repetitive trips to the store signify?
(a) She has no respect for Ballas.
(b) She is becoming more forgetful.
(c) Bureaucracy does not matter to regular people.
(d) She wishes Gross was her boss again.
11. Who is excited about Chorukor?
12. What is interesting about the way Ballas receives the mail in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) It happens at the beginning of the day.
(b) It happens at the end of the day.
(c) It illustrates his reliance on Pillar.
(d) It mirrors the way Gross did at the beginning of the play.
13. What does Gross think he has to earn at the end of Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) Maria's trust.
(b) Maria's respect and sympathy.
(c) Maria's loyalty.
(d) Maria's love and admiration.
14. Where is the job that Maria has found for Gross?
(a) A different office.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A theatre company.
(d) A shoe repair service.
15. What is the point of Chorukor?
(a) To stop Ballas from resigning.
(b) To correct all of Ptydepe's mistakes.
(c) To prevent employees from talking to each other.
(d) To please the higher-ups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria encourage Gross to do in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9?
2. What does Gross give to Ballas at his request in Act 2, Scene 9?
3. What does Gross promise Maria in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9 that he will not do?
4. What is significant about Pillar in Act 2, Scene 9?
5. According to Maria, what is the key to winning a fight?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)