|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ballas' role in Lear's class?
(a) He protests against it.
(b) He is trying to understand it.
(c) He is unaware of it because he is focused on lunch.
(d) He was tricked by Lear into authorizing it.
2. When the results of a recent audit of Gross' department are finally revealed, what are the findings?
(a) That Gross should receive a promotion.
(b) That Gross was unfairly removed from his position and that Ballas should be terminated.
(c) That Gross is innocent of all charges and the higher-ups agree with him about Ptydepe.
(d) That Gross did in fact steal from the company and should be terminated.
3. What idea does Ballas come up with in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) For Gross to admit Ptydepe was his fault.
(b) For him to become Gross' deputy.
(c) For Gross to forget about his desire to end Ptydepe.
(d) For him to talk with the higher-ups about Gross' ambitions.
4. What recurring item in the play does Gross hang up at the end of Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) The original memorandum.
(b) His coat.
(c) His fire extinguisher.
(d) His hat.
5. Who receives an A from Lear for answering correctly in Act 2, Scene 11?
6. What is the point of Chorukor?
(a) To stop Ballas from resigning.
(b) To please the higher-ups.
(c) To prevent employees from talking to each other.
(d) To correct all of Ptydepe's mistakes.
7. What does Ballas announce to the group in Actc 2, Scene 10?
(a) That he is resigning.
(b) That Gross will be the Managing Director once again.
(c) That Stroll talked him into starting Ptydepe.
(d) That Gross is responsible for Ptydepe.
8. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 8, how is Lear's student answering the questions?
(a) He is refusing to answer them.
(b) He is deliberately asking questions of his own.
9. What is Maria's reaction to Gross' new position?
(a) She congratulates him.
(b) She does not say anything.
(c) She is disappointed.
(d) She is angry with him.
10. What is significant about Ballas' order for Hana to go out and get the chocolates?
(a) He doesn't ask if she wanted chocolates in the first place.
(b) Ballas doesn't even like chocolates.
(c) He doesn't wait for her to ask permission to go.
(d) He doesn't offer any money to pay for them.
11. Where is the job that Maria has found for Gross?
(a) A different office.
(b) A theatre company.
(c) A shoe repair service.
(d) A coffee shop.
12. Which characters ask Pillar to speak with them privately?
(a) Stroll, Gross, and Helena.
(b) Stroll, Savant, and Helena.
(c) Stroll, Helena, and Lear.
(d) Stroll, Helena, and Maria.
13. How does George categorize Maria's actions?
14. At what state is Ptydepe left in at the end of Act 2, Scene 8?
(b) Almost non-existent.
(c) Declining, but still necessary.
15. What is Pillar's response when he is asked by Ballas if he knows Ptydepe?
(a) He begins to read a document in Ptydepe.
(b) He leaves the room immediately.
(c) He shakes his head.
(d) He tells Ballas that he isn't sure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ballas' initial reaction to Gross' news?
2. What new position does Ballas offer Gross in Act 2, Scene 7?
3. What is interesting about the way Ballas receives the mail in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. What is Gross' response when Ballas asks him about Ptydepe in Act 2, Scene 9?
5. According to Maria, what is the key to winning a fight?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)