|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gross tells Maria that his current situation is a result of what?
(a) His lack of intelligence.
(b) His inability to deal with life.
(c) Trusting too much and giving in.
(d) Bad luck.
2. What is interesting about the way Ballas receives the mail in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) It happens at the beginning of the day.
(b) It mirrors the way Gross did at the beginning of the play.
(c) It happens at the end of the day.
(d) It illustrates his reliance on Pillar.
3. Who passes through the lecture as Lear is talking?
4. Who receives an A from Lear for answering correctly in Act 2, Scene 11?
5. What proposal does Ballas make to Gross in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) To gather information to get Pillar fired.
(b) To learn Ptydepe together.
(c) To work together to put the company back on track.
(d) To create a new language that will replace Ptydepe.
6. What is Pillar's response when he is asked by Ballas if he knows Ptydepe?
(a) He shakes his head.
(b) He leaves the room immediately.
(c) He begins to read a document in Ptydepe.
(d) He tells Ballas that he isn't sure.
7. What does Hana tell Ballas people are saying about Ptydepe?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) Only Stroll can speak it.
(c) It is based on doubtful principles.
(d) It was made up by Ballas.
8. Who does Hana point out does not know Ptydepe either?
9. What reason does Gross give Maria for wanting to stay with the company?
(a) So he can get revenge on Ballas.
(b) So he can watch her.
(c) So he can eventually take Stroll's job.
(d) So he can work at the Department of Authentication.
10. In a broader interpretation, what is the one thing that bureaucracy relies on to keep its power?
(a) The support of the people.
(d) More bureaucracy.
11. Who does Ballas attempt to blame for the Ptydepe fiasco?
12. Who is excited about Chorukor?
13. What does Ballas announce to the group in Actc 2, Scene 10?
(a) That Gross will be the Managing Director once again.
(b) That Gross is responsible for Ptydepe.
(c) That Stroll talked him into starting Ptydepe.
(d) That he is resigning.
14. What action does Lear take as a result of his impatience in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) He dismisses the student.
(b) He calls for Stroll.
(c) He begins yelling louder.
(d) He calls for Ballas.
15. Why does Gross state that he would have rather kept his former position?
(a) There was a lot less responsibility.
(b) There would be less worrying about bureaucrats.
(c) He likes watching people.
(d) He could take longer breaks to be with Maria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the job that Maria has found for Gross?
2. What theme does Chorukor represent in the play?
3. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 8, how is Lear's student answering the questions?
4. Why doesn't Hana understand Ptydepe?
5. In Act 2, Scene 10, what does Gross inform Ballas are his intentions?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)