|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The parallels Havel draws in Act 1, Scene 4 are between Ballas and what?
(a) Irrational thinking.
2. What does Gross attempt to steal from Stroll's desk?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A piece of paper.
(c) A Ptydepe Dictionary.
(d) An authorization form.
3. Who does the clerk's questions impress?
4. In modern times, what is a term used to describe the act of portraying something negative in a positive way?
(c) "Get on a soapbox."
5. What does Stroll tell Gross is necessary in order to prevent any further individualism?
(a) The mandatory number of hours a worker is required to work.
(b) The authorization of all future purchases.
(c) The restriction of any worker leaving the office.
(d) The authorization for all Ptydepe translations.
6. What habit does Hana have that prevents her from doing work?
(a) She is always late.
(b) She talks too much.
(c) She combs her hair.
(d) She asks too many questions.
7. What does Lear acknowledge about Ptydepe?
(a) It seems complicated.
(b) It is not structured well.
(c) It is pointless.
(d) It was created for the wrong reasons.
8. What is Gross' main concern that leads him to become angry in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) The stupidity of Ptydepe.
(b) The unfair treatment of Maria.
(c) The abuse of power that Ballas is showing.
(d) The complicated process of getting a translation.
9. Hypothetically, the use of Ptydepe could remove what from the office?
(a) A number of positions.
(b) The need to speak.
(c) Misunderstanding in inter-office communications.
(d) Waste of paper for multiple memos.
10. What does Ballas ask Gross at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) If he is ready to be reasonable.
(b) If he can purchase an additional log book.
(c) If he received the authorization.
(d) If he has any more rolls.
11. What do the higher-ups apparently approve in return for the office using Ptydepe?
(a) A shorter work week.
(b) A new snack bar.
(c) More vacation time.
(d) Raises for all the employees.
12. Where is Ballas located at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) The break room.
(b) His old desk.
(c) Strolls' office.
(d) Gross' desk.
13. What does Hana repeatedly ask Gross in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) If she can go to lunch.
(b) If he knows where the new snack bar is located.
(c) If she can have the authorization for Ptydepe lessons.
(d) If she can get some more milk.
14. What happens to cause everyone at the party to stop talking?
(a) They discover there is no more coffee.
(b) Ballas and Pillar enter the room.
(c) Maria slaps Stroll for making a rude comment.
(d) Gross shouts for them to be quiet.
15. What does Gross interrupt at the start of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A meeting between Lear and Stroll.
(b) A board meeting called by Lear.
(c) Lear's lecture.
(d) A conversation between Lear and Ballas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Stroll and Savant offer as proof for their theory that Gross "lusts after" Maria?
2. What leads to Ballas and Gross switching positions?
3. Who is Stroll?
4. What style of writing best describes The Memorandum?
5. What is Savant's primary responsibility as the Ptydepeist?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)