|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of writing best describes The Memorandum?
2. Lear agrees to help Gross, only if he can show that his interest in Ptydepe is what?
(b) A sign of acceptance.
3. What does Gross attempt to steal from Stroll's desk?
(a) A cigar.
(b) An authorization form.
(c) A Ptydepe Dictionary.
(d) A piece of paper.
4. Why does Ballas tell Gross that the log book needs to be replaced?
(a) It has been stolen.
(b) It has been damaged.
(c) It is full.
(d) It is lost.
5. At the beginning of the play, what kind of letter does Gross receive?
(a) A bill.
(b) A memorandum.
(c) A late notice.
(d) A shipping invoice.
6. in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Lear attempt to illustrate about Ptydepe?
(a) Words in traditional language are given different meanings in Ptydepe.
(b) The vowels in Ptydepe are silent.
(c) Ptydepe makes no sense.
(d) Ptydepe does not use grammar.
7. What is still in its infancy and talked about as if it were a baby?
(a) The Department of Authenticity.
(b) Ptydepe operations.
(c) The snack bar.
(d) The Accounts Department.
8. Where does Scene 2 take place?
(a) The Department of Authentication.
(b) The office.
(c) The mailroom.
(d) The Ptydepe classroom.
9. What is Act 1, Scene 3 trying to illustrate about Gross?
(a) He is being kept out of the loop.
(b) He has no desire to learn Ptydepe.
(c) He is being deliberately given too much information at once.
(d) He will have to rely on Maria from this point on.
10. The irony of the events in Acct 1, Scene 5 is that Gross' lack of knowledge prevents him from gaining what?
(a) His management position back.
(c) His dignity.
11. Who does Ballas point out is in control of Ptydepe?
(d) The higher-ups.
12. What does Lear take a great deal of time to do?
(a) Explain how Ptydepe was developed.
(b) Argue with Gross.
(c) Answer questions.
(d) Finish a sentence.
13. What does Ballas constantly look to Pillar for?
(b) To finish his sentences.
(c) The meaning of words.
14. According to Gross and Hana's discussion, what is strange about Ptydepe, the new language being introduced?
(a) It uses numbers in place of certain letters.
(b) It contains no vowels.
(c) Hana understands it perfectly.
(d) Gross knows nothing about it.
15. Who does Helena introduce herself as?
(a) The Supervisor of Ptydepe Training.
(b) The Czar of Accounting.
(c) The CEO.
(d) The Chairman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to cause everyone at the party to stop talking?
2. What is Gross trying to get accomplished in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What Department does the Ptydepe Translation Center replace?
4. What does Maria ask Gross in Act 1, Scene 6?
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)