|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gross's new title?
(a) Assistant Manager.
(b) Deputy Director.
(c) Deputy Manager.
(d) Assistant Director.
2. What does Gross ask Lear to do for him in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Help him get his former position back.
(b) Translate the memo.
(c) Tell him where the next Ptydepe class is.
(d) Help him learn Ptydepe.
3. Who is revealed to be the person that authorized the use of Ptydepe?
4. The larger metaphor for the clerk is a warning against what?
(b) A Monarchy.
(c) A Dictatorship.
5. What do the higher-ups apparently approve in return for the office using Ptydepe?
(a) Raises for all the employees.
(b) A new snack bar.
(c) More vacation time.
(d) A shorter work week.
6. What does Gross give Ballas and Pillar?
(a) A check.
(c) A money order.
(d) An I.O.U.
7. What does Helena ask Maria to do with the bag of limes she is carrying?
(a) Bring them to her.
(b) Pass the limes out to the people at the party.
(c) Put them down.
(d) Empty the bag immediately.
8. Who does Gross attempt to persuade in order to bypass authorization?
9. What does Lear acknowledge about Ptydepe?
(a) It was created for the wrong reasons.
(b) It is not structured well.
(c) It is pointless.
(d) It seems complicated.
10. What kind of a party is going on in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) A promotion party.
(b) A Birthday party.
(c) A retirement party.
(d) A Ptydepe party.
11. What is it about the letter that automatically irritates Gross?
(a) It is extremely long.
(b) It is written in a condescending tone.
(c) It is not addressed to him.
(d) It is written in an unknown language.
12. One main point in Act 1, Scene 4 is to display that Ballas and the higher-ups are after power for what purpose?
(a) To cause chaos.
(b) To destroy Gross.
(c) For its own sake.
(d) To benefit financially.
13. What does Gross' lack of Ptydepe knowledge signal, according to Lear?
(a) That he is not genuinely interested in learning Ptydepe.
(b) That he is smarter than the rest of the class.
(c) That he should not be working for the company.
(d) That he deserved to be removed from his position.
14. What is the clerk's name in Scene 2?
15. What does Gross attempt to steal from Stroll's desk?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A Ptydepe Dictionary.
(c) A piece of paper.
(d) An authorization form.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Savant's primary responsibility as the Ptydepeist?
2. Lear agrees to help Gross, only if he can show that his interest in Ptydepe is what?
3. The parallels Havel draws in Act 1, Scene 4 are between Ballas and what?
4. What does Gross offer during his argument with Ballas?
5. What is Gross trying to get accomplished in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)