|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In defense of Ptydepe, what does Ballas declare the new language is far more of than the current one?
2. What does Helena ask Maria to do with the bag of limes she is carrying?
(a) Empty the bag immediately.
(b) Pass the limes out to the people at the party.
(c) Bring them to her.
(d) Put them down.
3. What do Ballas and Gross argue about?
(a) Gross' refusal to understand Ptydepe.
(b) The Staff Watcher's report.
(c) The termination of Ptydepe.
(d) Ballas' salary.
4. Who does Ballas point out is in control of Ptydepe?
(b) The higher-ups.
5. What is the clerk's name in Scene 2?
6. What does Hana repeatedly ask Gross in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) If she can get some more milk.
(b) If she can have the authorization for Ptydepe lessons.
(c) If she can go to lunch.
(d) If he knows where the new snack bar is located.
7. Who does Helena introduce herself as?
(a) The Czar of Accounting.
(b) The Chairman.
(c) The Supervisor of Ptydepe Training.
(d) The CEO.
8. What do Stroll and Savant remark about Maria?
(a) She is attractive.
(b) She is lazy.
(c) She doesn't know Ptydepe yet.
(d) She is always getting food.
9. The character of Lear was given the name as a possible reference to what?
(a) A philosopher.
(b) A Shakespearean play.
(c) A famous opera.
(d) A type of look.
10. What is Gross trying to get accomplished in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is trying to get the memorandum translated.
(b) He is trying to get the new log book authenticated.
(c) He is trying to get back to his office.
(d) He is trying to get the books balanced.
11. What does Ballas ask Gross at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) If he can purchase an additional log book.
(b) If he has any more rolls.
(c) If he is ready to be reasonable.
(d) If he received the authorization.
12. Who receives an A, scoring better than Gross, on their knowledge of Ptydepe?
13. What point is the author trying to make by having Hana make separate trips for food?
(a) She is wasting time, but no one realizes it.
(b) She is always hungry.
(c) They don't have money in the budget for a new log book, but there is money for food.
(d) Gross has no control over her.
14. What habit does Hana have that prevents her from doing work?
(a) She talks too much.
(b) She combs her hair.
(c) She asks too many questions.
(d) She is always late.
15. Where does Gross wish he could return to at the end of Acct 1, Scene 4?
(a) The Ptydepe Training Room.
(b) His childhood.
(c) Stroll's office.
(d) His apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ballas located at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What does Gross ask Lear to do for him in Act 1, Scene 5?
3. Which phrase best describes the clerk's actions?
4. What does the clerk receive for asking the questions?
5. As explained in the play, what is Ptydepe designed to reduce?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)