|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads to Ballas and Gross switching positions?
(a) Gross' lack of Ptydepe proficiency.
(b) A decision from the higher-ups.
(c) A bet that Gross loses.
(d) The Staff Watcher's report.
2. What do Ballas and Gross argue about?
(a) The Staff Watcher's report.
(b) Ballas' salary.
(c) Gross' refusal to understand Ptydepe.
(d) The termination of Ptydepe.
3. Who is Stroll?
(a) The CEO of the company.
(b) The new Accounting manager.
(c) Gross' boss.
(d) The head of the Center.
4. What is the underlying message about Stroll's position?
(a) He is incompetent, yet his lack of experience goes undetected.
(b) He abuses his authority by making hasty decisions.
(c) His knowledge is used to represent power over others.
(d) He enjoys humiliating Gross.
5. What does the clerk's character symbolize?
(a) The result of a meaningless system.
(b) The dangers of blind loyalty in a bureaucratic system.
(c) The notion of how lazy workers can advance in a company through deceit.
(d) The concerns of the common worker.
6. In modern times, what is a term used to describe the act of portraying something negative in a positive way?
(c) "Get on a soapbox."
7. What does Ballas constantly look to Pillar for?
(c) To finish his sentences.
(d) The meaning of words.
8. Who does Gross talk to while he is waiting for Helena?
9. Who does the clerk's questions impress?
10. Where is Ballas located at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Gross' desk.
(b) His old desk.
(c) The break room.
(d) Strolls' office.
11. Hypothetically, the use of Ptydepe could remove what from the office?
(a) A number of positions.
(b) Misunderstanding in inter-office communications.
(c) The need to speak.
(d) Waste of paper for multiple memos.
12. What does the clerk receive for asking the questions?
(a) A gold star.
(b) An A.
(d) A lecture.
13. What is Gross rumored to be using inappropriately?
(a) The company vehicle.
(b) His authority.
(c) Company funds.
(d) A rubber stamp.
14. Which phrase best describes the clerk's actions?
(c) Sucking up.
15. What is Gross's new title?
(a) Assistant Director.
(b) Deputy Director.
(c) Deputy Manager.
(d) Assistant Manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What point is the author trying to make by having Hana make separate trips for food?
2. What do Stroll and Savant offer as proof for their theory that Gross "lusts after" Maria?
3. in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Lear attempt to illustrate about Ptydepe?
4. What does George, the Staff Watcher, do that upsets Gross and causes him to leave the room?
5. According to Gross and Hana's discussion, what is strange about Ptydepe, the new language being introduced?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)