Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about the letter Gross receives that gets his attention, why is it significant to the play, and how does Gross react to it?
2. What do we notice right away about the relationship between Ballas and Pillar?
3. What are the noticeable habits of Hana, the secretary, that are displayed in the beginning of the play?
4. What do Hana's habits and actions symbolize?
5. What does the introduction of Ptydepe signal in the play as it pertains to Gross and his position within the company?
6. What are two main issues that Gross has with Ptydepe in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. What is the reason Lear gives for a need of the new language, Ptydepe?
8. How does Lear explain Ptydepe in describing the process for learning it?
9. Who is Thumb and what does the character represent?
10. Describe the difference between Thumb and Gross as the characters are portrayed in Act 1, Scene 2.
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)