Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Scene 1
1. What is it about the letter Gross receives that gets his attention, why is it significant to the play, and how does Gross react to it?
2. What do we notice right away about the relationship between Ballas and Pillar?
3. What are the noticeable habits of Hana, the secretary, that are displayed in the beginning of the play?
4. What do Hana's habits and actions symbolize?
5. What does the introduction of Ptydepe signal in the play as it pertains to Gross and his...
This section contains 1,180 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)