Short Answer Key
Act 1, Scene 1
1. What style of writing best describes The Memorandum?
2. At the beginning of the play, what kind of letter does Gross receive?
3. What does Gross do with the letter?
He reads it out loud.
4. What is it about the letter that automatically irritates Gross?
It is written in an unknown language.
5. What does Ballas constantly look to Pillar for?
6. Why does Ballas tell Gross that the log book needs to be replaced?
It is full.
7. What does Gross give Ballas and Pillar?
8. What habit does Hana have that prevents her from doing work?
She combs her hair.
9. According to Gross and Hana's discussion, what is strange about Ptydepe, the new language being introduced?
Gross knows nothing about it.
10. Why does the Department of Authentication refuse to authenticate the new log...
This section contains 2,797 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)