|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads to Ballas and Gross switching positions?
(a) Gross' lack of Ptydepe proficiency.
(b) The Staff Watcher's report.
(c) A bet that Gross loses.
(d) A decision from the higher-ups.
2. Why does the Department of Authentication refuse to authenticate the new log book?
(a) They inform them that there will no longer be a need for a log book.
(b) The expense wasn't officially authorized.
(c) They purchased the wrong type of log book.
(d) The book is too expensive.
3. Where does Gross wish he could return to at the end of Acct 1, Scene 4?
(a) Stroll's office.
(b) His apartment.
(c) His childhood.
(d) The Ptydepe Training Room.
4. What does Gross fear if he does not agree to the switch?
(a) He will have a lawsuit filed against him.
(b) He will be even further demoted.
(c) He will have to talk to the Staff Watcher again.
(d) His career will be over.
5. The parallels Havel draws in Act 1, Scene 4 are between Ballas and what?
(d) Irrational thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gross symbolically holding when Ballas and Pillar return to his office in Act 1 Scene 4?
2. Why does Gross state that he would have rather kept his former position?
3. Who receives an A, scoring better than Gross, on their knowledge of Ptydepe?
4. What does Gross interrupt at the start of Act 1, Scene 5?
5. What does Gross promise Maria in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9 that he will not do?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)