|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What point does Havel make about Ptydepe in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Even Lear doesn't understand it.
(b) The company would be lost without it.
(c) Even people who seemed to understand it before can see its uselessness.
(d) Now Gross realizes its importance.
2. What is Savant's primary responsibility as the Ptydepeist?
(a) Making sure Ptydepe is used correctly.
(b) Reporting anyone who is not using Ptydepe.
(c) Translating all existing memos into Ptydepe.
(d) Modifying Ptydepe for each department.
3. What is Lear asked for as he begins teaching about Chorukor?
(a) Its intent.
(c) The reasoning behind it.
(d) Its origin.
4. In defense of Ptydepe, what does Ballas declare the new language is far more of than the current one?
5. In Act 1, Scene 6, what is the one signal of hope that Gross does not see, symbolizing that he has lost all hope in his current situation?
(a) Maria hands him the cigar box.
(b) Stroll and Savant admit that Ptydepe is useless.
(c) Ballas admits his lack of leadership qualities.
(d) Helena reprimands Ballas for his actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea does Ballas come up with in Act 2, Scene 10?
2. What is the translated memo a protest of?
3. What recurring item in the play does Gross hang up at the end of Act 2, Scene 10?
4. Why does Gross state that he would have rather kept his former position?
5. What is Act 1, Scene 3 trying to illustrate about Gross?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)