|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of Gross' incorrect answers, what does Lear deny him?
(a) The memo translation.
(b) His previous position back.
(c) Further classes on Ptydepe.
(d) A cigarette.
2. What does Hana tell Ballas people are saying about Ptydepe?
(a) It was made up by Ballas.
(b) It does not exist.
(c) Only Stroll can speak it.
(d) It is based on doubtful principles.
3. Who passes through the lecture as Lear is talking?
4. Who does Hana point out does not know Ptydepe either?
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 9, what is Maria trying on?
(a) An overcoat.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A hat.
(d) A new dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a reflection of bureaucracy, what kind of explanation do the higher-ups provide for the creation of Ptydepe?
2. Which phrase best describes the clerk's actions?
3. What does Helena ask Maria to do with the bag of limes she is carrying?
4. What idea does Ballas come up with in Act 2, Scene 10?
5. What is Ballas holding when he enters the room in Act 2, Scene 9?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)