|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the translated memo a protest of?
(a) The removal of the Accounts Department to make room for the Translation Center.
(b) The lack of respect Helena is showing Maria.
(c) The removal of Gross from his previous position of authority.
(d) Ballas' attitude with other employees.
2. Where is Ballas located at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Strolls' office.
(b) The break room.
(c) Gross' desk.
(d) His old desk.
3. What does Maria encourage Gross to do in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) Take over Ballas' position.
(b) Resign from the company.
(c) Fight to prove his innocence.
(d) Give her a promotion.
4. Once Gross refuses to back down, what does Ballas suggest?
(a) That he and Gross should talk to Stroll.
(b) That Gross should work in the Accounts Department.
(c) That Gross should be terminated.
(d) That he and Gross should resign.
5. At the beginning of the play, what kind of letter does Gross receive?
(a) A memorandum.
(b) A late notice.
(c) A bill.
(d) A shipping invoice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters ask Pillar to speak with them privately?
2. What do Ballas and Gross argue about?
3. According to Gross and Hana's discussion, what is strange about Ptydepe, the new language being introduced?
4. What does Gross do with the letter?
5. What is Gross searching for throughout Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)