|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbolism of hope does Havel use at the end of Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Gross answering all of the questions correctly.
(b) Ballas leaving the classroom defeated.
(c) Lear teaching to an empty classroom.
(d) Gross appearing with more authority than before.
2. What is the goal of the higher-ups in explaining the necessity for Ptydepe?
(a) To cause tension between the workers.
(b) To justify something that is obviously senseless.
(c) To change the company's policy.
(d) To help the workers understand it better.
3. What does Gross declare is reduced when people are forbidden to use their natural language?
(a) Their humanity.
(b) Their sanity.
(c) Their dignity.
(d) Their education.
4. According to Lear, how is the best way to learn Ptydepe?
(a) By speaking it every day.
(c) With an abandonment of English.
(d) With unshakeable faith.
5. Ballas and the higher-ups manipulate Gross in order to bring what to the company?
(b) A more efficient system.
(c) Less paperwork.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Act 1, Scene 3 trying to illustrate about Gross?
2. What does Maria offer Helena in Act 1, scene 3?
3. What does Gross do with the letter?
4. What happens to take away from the power Gross thought he had at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 10?
5. Who does Gross talk to while he is waiting for Helena?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)