|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gross trying to get accomplished in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is trying to get back to his office.
(b) He is trying to get the memorandum translated.
(c) He is trying to get the books balanced.
(d) He is trying to get the new log book authenticated.
2. What indicates the author's symbolic use of metaphors?
(a) The setting.
(b) Gross' quest for information.
(c) Helena's mysterious actions.
(d) The names of the characters.
3. In Act 2, Scene 7What does Ballas need help with?
(a) Cleaning Gross' desk out.
(b) Finding the log book.
(c) Translating a memo.
(d) Making coffee.
4. In modern times, what is a term used to describe the act of portraying something negative in a positive way?
(b) "Get on a soapbox."
5. What is further illustrated in Scene 2?
(a) The eating habits of Hana.
(b) The dislike between Gross and Ballas.
(c) The foolishness of Ptydepe.
(d) The tension between Ballas and Pillar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gross' response when Ballas asks him about Ptydepe in Act 2, Scene 9?
2. Where does Scene 2 take place?
3. What is Pillar's response when he is asked by Ballas if he knows Ptydepe?
4. What does George, the Staff Watcher, do that upsets Gross and causes him to leave the room?
5. What does Lear acknowledge about Ptydepe?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)