|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the job that Maria has found for Gross?
(a) A different office.
(b) A shoe repair service.
(c) A theatre company.
(d) A coffee shop.
2. What does Ballas threaten Gross with?
(a) Speaking Ptydepe to Gross permanently.
(b) Resigning from the company.
(c) Going over his head to get the notice authenticated.
(d) Causing Gross to lose his job.
3. What point does Havel make about Ptydepe in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Even Lear doesn't understand it.
(b) Even people who seemed to understand it before can see its uselessness.
(c) Now Gross realizes its importance.
(d) The company would be lost without it.
4. The parallels Havel draws in Act 1, Scene 4 are between Ballas and what?
(b) Irrational thinking.
5. What is the overall point that Havel is making in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Ptydepe is a waste of time.
(b) Gross does not belong in Ptydepe class.
(c) Everyone is smarter than Gross.
(d) Gross has no idea that he is being manipulated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Lear take as a result of his impatience in Act 2, Scene 8?
2. Where does the Staff Watcher watch from?
3. Who does Ballas point out is in control of Ptydepe?
4. What does Ballas constantly look to Pillar for?
5. What do the other bureaucrats sense about Ballas?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)