|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a broader interpretation, what is the one thing that bureaucracy relies on to keep its power?
(b) More bureaucracy.
(c) The support of the people.
2. Why does Ballas tell Gross that the log book needs to be replaced?
(a) It has been stolen.
(b) It is lost.
(c) It has been damaged.
(d) It is full.
3. Where is the job that Maria has found for Gross?
(a) A shoe repair service.
(b) A theatre company.
(c) A different office.
(d) A coffee shop.
4. What does George, the Staff Watcher, do that upsets Gross and causes him to leave the room?
(a) He refuses to give him authorization.
(b) He threatens him with termination.
(c) He reveals his location.
(d) He begins speaking in Ptydepe.
5. What does Gross' lack of Ptydepe knowledge signal, according to Lear?
(a) That he is smarter than the rest of the class.
(b) That he should not be working for the company.
(c) That he is not genuinely interested in learning Ptydepe.
(d) That he deserved to be removed from his position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gross ask Lear to do for him in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. What does Ballas ask Gross at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What style of writing best describes The Memorandum?
4. What happens to cause everyone at the party to stop talking?
5. At what state is Ptydepe left in at the end of Act 2, Scene 8?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)