|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the goal of the higher-ups in explaining the necessity for Ptydepe?
(a) To change the company's policy.
(b) To cause tension between the workers.
(c) To help the workers understand it better.
(d) To justify something that is obviously senseless.
2. What is Act 1, Scene 3 trying to illustrate about Gross?
(a) He will have to rely on Maria from this point on.
(b) He is being deliberately given too much information at once.
(c) He has no desire to learn Ptydepe.
(d) He is being kept out of the loop.
3. Who does Gross attempt to persuade in order to bypass authorization?
4. What is it about the letter that automatically irritates Gross?
(a) It is not addressed to him.
(b) It is extremely long.
(c) It is written in an unknown language.
(d) It is written in a condescending tone.
5. In a broader interpretation, what is the one thing that bureaucracy relies on to keep its power?
(a) The support of the people.
(d) More bureaucracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ballas holding when he enters the room in Act 2, Scene 9?
2. Where does Scene 2 take place?
3. In Act 2, Scene 9, how many translations does Stroll say he has done?
4. What does the clerk's character symbolize?
5. What is very interesting about the intentional way Havel presents the office?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)