|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is still in its infancy and talked about as if it were a baby?
(a) The Accounts Department.
(b) Ptydepe operations.
(c) The Department of Authenticity.
(d) The snack bar.
2. What does Ballas ask Gross at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) If he has any more rolls.
(b) If he is ready to be reasonable.
(c) If he received the authorization.
(d) If he can purchase an additional log book.
3. What does Gross' lack of Ptydepe knowledge signal, according to Lear?
(a) That he should not be working for the company.
(b) That he deserved to be removed from his position.
(c) That he is smarter than the rest of the class.
(d) That he is not genuinely interested in learning Ptydepe.
4. What does George, the Staff Watcher, do that upsets Gross and causes him to leave the room?
(a) He reveals his location.
(b) He refuses to give him authorization.
(c) He begins speaking in Ptydepe.
(d) He threatens him with termination.
5. What is the overall point that Havel is making in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Ptydepe is a waste of time.
(b) Gross has no idea that he is being manipulated.
(c) Everyone is smarter than Gross.
(d) Gross does not belong in Ptydepe class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the underlying message about Stroll's position?
2. Who is revealed to be the person that authorized the use of Ptydepe?
3. What does the item that Gross is carrying in Act 1, Scene 5 symbolize?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
5. What does Gross ask Lear to do for him in Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)