|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gross rumored to be using inappropriately?
(a) His authority.
(b) A rubber stamp.
(c) Company funds.
(d) The company vehicle.
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The Accounting Office.
(b) The Ptydepe Translation Center.
(c) The Department of Authenticity.
(d) The Ptydepe Classroom.
3. Hypothetically, the use of Ptydepe could remove what from the office?
(a) The need to speak.
(b) Misunderstanding in inter-office communications.
(c) Waste of paper for multiple memos.
(d) A number of positions.
4. What Department does the Ptydepe Translation Center replace?
(a) The Accounts Department.
(b) The Marketing Department.
(c) The Shipping Department.
(d) The Human Resources Department.
5. Why does Ballas tell Gross that the log book needs to be replaced?
(a) It has been stolen.
(b) It is full.
(c) It is lost.
(d) It has been damaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Stroll and Savant offer as proof for their theory that Gross "lusts after" Maria?
2. Who does the clerk's questions impress?
3. What indicates the author's symbolic use of metaphors?
4. What kind of a party is going on in Act 1, Scene 6?
5. What is it about the letter that automatically irritates Gross?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)