|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hana repeatedly ask Gross in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) If she can go to lunch.
(b) If he knows where the new snack bar is located.
(c) If she can get some more milk.
(d) If she can have the authorization for Ptydepe lessons.
2. What habit does Hana have that prevents her from doing work?
(a) She combs her hair.
(b) She is always late.
(c) She talks too much.
(d) She asks too many questions.
3. What is very interesting about the intentional way Havel presents the office?
(a) The purpose of the office is never stated.
(b) It only has one room.
(c) The characters come and go without asking permission.
(d) The positions of the characters are never stated.
4. What does Gross carry with him throughout Scene 2?
(a) The new log book.
(b) The memorandum.
(c) A roll.
(d) A pen and paper.
5. What is significant about the examples Lear uses for the word, "boo?"
(a) They describe the act of trying to scare someone, which symbolizes Gross' intent earlier.
(b) They describe the act of crying, which symbolizes Gross' sorrow over his title loss.
(c) They describe the act of scaring someone who has been stealing, which symbolizes the Staff Watcher catching Gross earlier.
(d) They describe an ambush or surprise, which symbolizes what Gross is experiencing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gross ask Lear to do for him in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. What does Gross offer during his argument with Ballas?
3. How does Stroll exit in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Who does Gross talk to while he is waiting for Helena?
5. What overall theme does the author use the office to illustrate?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)