|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gross trying to get accomplished in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is trying to get the books balanced.
(b) He is trying to get the new log book authenticated.
(c) He is trying to get back to his office.
(d) He is trying to get the memorandum translated.
2. What does the clerk receive for asking the questions?
(b) A gold star.
(c) A lecture.
(d) An A.
3. Where does Gross wish he could return to at the end of Acct 1, Scene 4?
(a) The Ptydepe Training Room.
(b) His apartment.
(c) Stroll's office.
(d) His childhood.
4. What does Gross tell himself to rationalize his decision in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) That he could better serve the company in his new position.
(b) That he had no choice.
(c) That Ballas was right.
(d) That he was too weak to resist it.
5. What does Helena's constant need for Maria to help her make coffee symbolize?
(a) That she is impatient.
(b) That she has no regard for Maria's time.
(c) That the people who have power cannot do anything for themselves.
(d) That she really likes coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gross rumored to be using inappropriately?
2. Who gets quizzed along with Gross on their knowledge of Ptydepe?
3. As a result of Gross' incorrect answers, what does Lear deny him?
4. What does Gross interrupt at the start of Act 1, Scene 5?
5. What indicates the author's symbolic use of metaphors?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)