|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of writing best describes The Memorandum?
2. What is the clerk's name in Scene 2?
3. What overall theme does the author use the office to illustrate?
(a) Office managers seldom know what is happening in their own office.
(b) Government bureaucracy.
(c) How to deal with troubled employees.
(d) The problems workers have with authority.
4. What Department does the Ptydepe Translation Center replace?
(a) The Marketing Department.
(b) The Shipping Department.
(c) The Human Resources Department.
(d) The Accounts Department.
5. What is it about the letter that automatically irritates Gross?
(a) It is extremely long.
(b) It is not addressed to him.
(c) It is written in an unknown language.
(d) It is written in a condescending tone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ballas constantly look to Pillar for?
2. What is Gross rumored to be using inappropriately?
3. Why does the Department of Authentication refuse to authenticate the new log book?
4. What is Gross searching for throughout Act 1, Scene 3?
5. In modern times, what is a term used to describe the act of portraying something negative in a positive way?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)