|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gross attempt to steal from Stroll's desk?
(a) A Ptydepe Dictionary.
(b) A piece of paper.
(c) A cigar.
(d) An authorization form.
2. According to Gross and Hana's discussion, what is strange about Ptydepe, the new language being introduced?
(a) Gross knows nothing about it.
(b) It uses numbers in place of certain letters.
(c) Hana understands it perfectly.
(d) It contains no vowels.
3. What does Ballas constantly look to Pillar for?
(a) To finish his sentences.
(d) The meaning of words.
4. What is the overall point that Havel is making in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Ptydepe is a waste of time.
(b) Gross does not belong in Ptydepe class.
(c) Everyone is smarter than Gross.
(d) Gross has no idea that he is being manipulated.
5. What is the goal of the higher-ups in explaining the necessity for Ptydepe?
(a) To justify something that is obviously senseless.
(b) To cause tension between the workers.
(c) To help the workers understand it better.
(d) To change the company's policy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the clerk's name in Scene 2?
2. What is Savant's primary responsibility as the Ptydepeist?
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
4. In modern times, what is a term used to describe the act of portraying something negative in a positive way?
5. What indicates the author's symbolic use of metaphors?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)