|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene 2 take place?
(a) The Ptydepe classroom.
(b) The mailroom.
(c) The office.
(d) The Department of Authentication.
2. What point is the author trying to make by having Hana make separate trips for food?
(a) Gross has no control over her.
(b) They don't have money in the budget for a new log book, but there is money for food.
(c) She is always hungry.
(d) She is wasting time, but no one realizes it.
3. The character of Lear was given the name as a possible reference to what?
(a) A Shakespearean play.
(b) A famous opera.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) A type of look.
4. What Department does the Ptydepe Translation Center replace?
(a) The Accounts Department.
(b) The Shipping Department.
(c) The Marketing Department.
(d) The Human Resources Department.
5. What is Gross rumored to be using inappropriately?
(a) His authority.
(b) The company vehicle.
(c) Company funds.
(d) A rubber stamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ballas tell Gross that the log book needs to be replaced?
2. What habit does Hana have that prevents her from doing work?
3. How does Stroll exit in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What is Gross searching for throughout Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What does the clerk's character symbolize?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)