|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ballas constantly look to Pillar for?
(a) To finish his sentences.
(b) The meaning of words.
2. The character of Lear was given the name as a possible reference to what?
(a) A philosopher.
(b) A Shakespearean play.
(c) A type of look.
(d) A famous opera.
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The Accounting Office.
(b) The Ptydepe Classroom.
(c) The Ptydepe Translation Center.
(d) The Department of Authenticity.
4. What is Gross trying to get accomplished in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is trying to get the new log book authenticated.
(b) He is trying to get back to his office.
(c) He is trying to get the books balanced.
(d) He is trying to get the memorandum translated.
5. Gross is being intentionally forced to lose more of what?
(a) His responsibility.
(b) His employees.
(c) His earnings.
(d) His independence of thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the goal of the higher-ups in explaining the necessity for Ptydepe?
2. What does George, the Staff Watcher, do that upsets Gross and causes him to leave the room?
3. What is Gross rumored to be using inappropriately?
4. What does Gross carry with him throughout Scene 2?
5. Who is Stroll?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)