|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Gross and Hana's discussion, what is strange about Ptydepe, the new language being introduced?
(a) Gross knows nothing about it.
(b) It uses numbers in place of certain letters.
(c) It contains no vowels.
(d) Hana understands it perfectly.
2. What Department does the Ptydepe Translation Center replace?
(a) The Human Resources Department.
(b) The Marketing Department.
(c) The Shipping Department.
(d) The Accounts Department.
3. What is it about the letter that automatically irritates Gross?
(a) It is written in an unknown language.
(b) It is written in a condescending tone.
(c) It is extremely long.
(d) It is not addressed to him.
4. As a reflection of bureaucracy, what kind of explanation do the higher-ups provide for the creation of Ptydepe?
(a) A nonexistent one.
(b) A complicated one.
(c) A brief one.
(d) A straightforward one.
5. Why does Ballas tell Gross that the log book needs to be replaced?
(a) It has been stolen.
(b) It has been damaged.
(c) It is full.
(d) It is lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. In modern times, what is a term used to describe the act of portraying something negative in a positive way?
2. What does Gross carry with him throughout Scene 2?
3. The larger metaphor for the clerk is a warning against what?
4. According to Lear, how is the best way to learn Ptydepe?
5. What is very interesting about the intentional way Havel presents the office?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)