|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is further illustrated in Scene 2?
(a) The dislike between Gross and Ballas.
(b) The tension between Ballas and Pillar.
(c) The foolishness of Ptydepe.
(d) The eating habits of Hana.
2. What happens as Act 2, Scene 8 progresses?
(a) Lear's student becomes confused.
(b) Ballas interrupts the lecture.
(c) Helena interrupts the lecture.
(d) Lear becomes confused.
3. What does Gross give Ballas and Pillar?
(b) A check.
(c) An I.O.U.
(d) A money order.
4. What does Hana tell Ballas people are saying about Ptydepe?
(a) Only Stroll can speak it.
(b) It was made up by Ballas.
(c) It is based on doubtful principles.
(d) It does not exist.
5. The larger metaphor for the clerk is a warning against what?
(b) A Monarchy.
(d) A Dictatorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. The irony of the events in Acct 1, Scene 5 is that Gross' lack of knowledge prevents him from gaining what?
2. Who does Helena introduce herself as?
3. What is Act 1, Scene 3 trying to illustrate about Gross?
4. Where does Gross wish he could return to at the end of Acct 1, Scene 4?
5. What does Ballas constantly look to Pillar for?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)