|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Lear attempt to illustrate about Ptydepe?
(a) The vowels in Ptydepe are silent.
(b) Ptydepe makes no sense.
(c) Ptydepe does not use grammar.
(d) Words in traditional language are given different meanings in Ptydepe.
2. What does Gross fear if he does not agree to the switch?
(a) He will be even further demoted.
(b) He will have to talk to the Staff Watcher again.
(c) His career will be over.
(d) He will have a lawsuit filed against him.
3. What does Gross' lack of Ptydepe knowledge signal, according to Lear?
(a) That he deserved to be removed from his position.
(b) That he is smarter than the rest of the class.
(c) That he should not be working for the company.
(d) That he is not genuinely interested in learning Ptydepe.
4. What point is the author trying to make by having Hana make separate trips for food?
(a) She is always hungry.
(b) Gross has no control over her.
(c) She is wasting time, but no one realizes it.
(d) They don't have money in the budget for a new log book, but there is money for food.
5. What do Stroll and Savant offer as proof for their theory that Gross "lusts after" Maria?
(a) That the Staff Watcher heard Gross call her sweetheart.
(b) That Gross has asked her out on a date.
(c) That Gross has trouble speaking when she is around.
(d) That Gross always gets up when she enters the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. The larger metaphor for the clerk is a warning against what?
2. Who does Helena introduce herself as?
3. What does the clerk receive for asking the questions?
4. What do Ballas and Gross argue about?
5. What does Maria encourage Gross to do in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)