|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ballas and the higher-ups manipulate Gross in order to bring what to the company?
(b) Less paperwork.
(d) A more efficient system.
2. According to Gross and Hana's discussion, what is strange about Ptydepe, the new language being introduced?
(a) Hana understands it perfectly.
(b) It uses numbers in place of certain letters.
(c) Gross knows nothing about it.
(d) It contains no vowels.
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The Ptydepe Translation Center.
(b) The Department of Authenticity.
(c) The Accounting Office.
(d) The Ptydepe Classroom.
4. What does the clerk receive for asking the questions?
(a) A lecture.
(b) A gold star.
(d) An A.
5. What does Hana repeatedly ask Gross in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) If he knows where the new snack bar is located.
(b) If she can get some more milk.
(c) If she can have the authorization for Ptydepe lessons.
(d) If she can go to lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ballas constantly look to Pillar for?
2. In defense of Ptydepe, what does Ballas declare the new language is far more of than the current one?
3. What is it about the letter that automatically irritates Gross?
4. Who does Helena introduce herself as?
5. According to Lear, how is the best way to learn Ptydepe?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)