|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ballas ask Gross at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) If he has any more rolls.
(b) If he can purchase an additional log book.
(c) If he received the authorization.
(d) If he is ready to be reasonable.
2. Gross admits that he has always been more of a dreamer than what?
(a) A doer.
(b) A survivor.
(c) A liar.
(d) A fighter.
3. In defense of Ptydepe, what does Ballas declare the new language is far more of than the current one?
4. What does Maria do in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9 that no one else in the play has done up until this point?
(a) Translates Gross' memo.
(b) Offers Gross coffee.
(c) Stands up to Helena.
(d) Makes Gross smile.
5. What does Gross fear if he does not agree to the switch?
(a) He will have a lawsuit filed against him.
(b) His career will be over.
(c) He will be even further demoted.
(d) He will have to talk to the Staff Watcher again.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 7What does Ballas need help with?
2. What do the other bureaucrats sense about Ballas?
3. What does Gross promise Maria in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9 that he will not do?
4. What is Pillar's response when he is asked by Ballas if he knows Ptydepe?
5. Where does Gross wish he could return to at the end of Acct 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)