|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is interesting about the way Ballas receives the mail in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) It mirrors the way Gross did at the beginning of the play.
(b) It illustrates his reliance on Pillar.
(c) It happens at the beginning of the day.
(d) It happens at the end of the day.
2. Where does Gross wish he could return to at the end of Acct 1, Scene 4?
(a) The Ptydepe Training Room.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His apartment.
(d) Stroll's office.
3. What does Hana repeatedly ask Gross in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) If he knows where the new snack bar is located.
(b) If she can get some more milk.
(c) If she can have the authorization for Ptydepe lessons.
(d) If she can go to lunch.
4. What do Hana's continued repetitive trips to the store signify?
(a) She is becoming more forgetful.
(b) She wishes Gross was her boss again.
(c) She has no respect for Ballas.
(d) Bureaucracy does not matter to regular people.
5. In defense of Ptydepe, what does Ballas declare the new language is far more of than the current one?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gross's new title?
2. Which characters ask Pillar to speak with them privately?
3. What angers Ballas about Pillar's meetings?
4. What does Maria do in the second part of Act 2, Scene 9 that no one else in the play has done up until this point?
5. Why doesn't Hana understand Ptydepe?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)