|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads to Ballas and Gross switching positions?
(a) Gross' lack of Ptydepe proficiency.
(b) The Staff Watcher's report.
(c) A bet that Gross loses.
(d) A decision from the higher-ups.
2. What is Maria's reaction to Gross' new position?
(a) She is disappointed.
(b) She does not say anything.
(c) She is angry with him.
(d) She congratulates him.
3. What does Gross offer during his argument with Ballas?
(a) To pay for additional Ptydepe classes.
(b) To confront the higher-ups.
(c) To resign.
(d) To raise Ballas' salary.
4. Gross admits that he has always been more of a dreamer than what?
(a) A fighter.
(b) A doer.
(c) A survivor.
(d) A liar.
5. What does Gross tell himself to rationalize his decision in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) That he could better serve the company in his new position.
(b) That Ballas was right.
(c) That he was too weak to resist it.
(d) That he had no choice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gross finally concede to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Gross tells Maria that his current situation is a result of what?
3. What do the other bureaucrats sense about Ballas?
4. What is interesting about the way Ballas receives the mail in Act 2, Scene 7?
5. What does Ballas ask Gross at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)