Act 1, Scene 1
1. What style of writing best describes The Memorandum?
2. At the beginning of the play, what kind of letter does Gross receive?
(a) A bill.
(b) A shipping invoice.
(c) A memorandum.
(d) A late notice.
3. What does Gross do with the letter?
(a) He throws it away.
(b) He burns it.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He reads it out loud.
4. What is it about the letter that automatically irritates Gross?
(a) It is written in an unknown language.
(b) It is not addressed to him.
(c) It is written in a condescending tone.
(d) It is extremely long.
5. What does Ballas constantly look to Pillar for?
(c) To finish his sentences.
(d) The meaning of words.
6. Why does Ballas tell Gross that the log book needs to be replaced?
(a) It is lost.
(b) It is full.
(c) It has been damaged.
(d) It has been stolen.
7. What does Gross give Ballas and Pillar?
(a) An I.O.U.
(c) A money order.
(d) A check.
This section contains 5,210 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)