|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Experiences in a Concentration Camp" (through page 115).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who narrates this story?
(a) A woman who claims to have grown up with Hitler.
(b) A woman who hid Jews in her home to save them from the concentration camps.
(c) A former Nazi.
(d) A concentration camp survivor.
2. What is the name of the school of therapy that Frankl stands for?
(b) Behavioral therapy.
3. What were the exceptions to the "cultural hibernation" in camp?
(a) Religion and writing.
(b) Art and music.
(c) Writing and music.
(d) Politics and religion.
4. What is the principal question that the author tries to address?
(a) "How was everyday life in a prison camp reflected in the mind of the average person?"
(b) "What early childhood trauma may have prompted Hitler to his terrible ideas?"
(c) "Why did the atrocities in the concentration camps go on for so long?"
(d) "Why did so many people follow such an extreme leader?"
5. What does Frankl argue happened in camp to "sensitive people used to a rich intellectual life"?
(a) They had difficulty adapting to not being heard.
(b) They were beaten more harshly.
(c) They fell ill more frequently.
(d) The damage to their inner life was less.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does suffering play in life, according to Frankl?
2. What did Frankl try to reconstruct, that he lost when he arrived to Auschwitz?
3. What caused former prisoners to feel bitterness?
4. Why did Frankl have to leave his shoes unlaced?
5. What are "premium coupons"?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)