|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Experiences in a Concentration Camp" (through page 115).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author describe smoking in the concentration camps?
(a) The Capo and the suicidal.
(b) Prison doctors.
(c) Railway workers.
(d) The prisoners who worked in the kitchen.
2. What was the "most ghastly moment of the twenty-four hours of camp life"?
(a) Waking up at three in the morning to work.
(b) Working in the early hours, in the cold.
(c) Dinner time, hungry and dealing with small, flavorless food.
(d) Skipping lunch.
3. What two kinds of people does Frankl say exist?
(a) Strong and weak.
(b) Spiritual and non-spiritual.
(c) Decent and indecent.
(d) Loving and fearful.
4. What does Frankl suggest happens to "self-centeredness" in logotherapy?
(a) It is broken up.
(b) It is made evident.
(c) It is fostered in order to build confidence.
(d) It is used to show the patient how their thought pattern should change.
5. How did prisoners experience beauty?
(a) They experienced it intensely.
(b) The SS officers made light of their lack of sensibility when surrounded by beauty in nature.
(c) They discussed beautiful art that they had seen outside the camp.
(d) Their lives were too focused on primitive needs to worry about such things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of outbreak affected the prisoners at the author's camp?
2. How did fellow prisoners respond when someone stole potatoes?
3. What did Frankl try to teach a former prisoner who felt that he could trample crops in a field because he had been through so much himself?
4. Who greets the prisoners upon their arrival at the concentration camp?
5. Who is this book most concerned with?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)