|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maniac wind up after he runs from the baseball game?
2. Who is Brian Denehy?
3. How do the Pickwells know when it is dinnertime?
4. Who is the first person to speak with Maniac in Two Mills?
5. Where does Maniac live while he stays in Two Mills?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Russell and why can't Maniac save him?
2. How does Grayson't death affect Maniac?
3. What contradiction does Maniac experience coming from a reunion at the Beales and going to the McNabs?
4. Why does Amanda think the Cobble Knot will solve Maniac's problems?
5. How does the Beale household change now that Maniac lives there?
6. How does Maniac help others and what are his motives in doing so?
7. What comparison does Maniac make between the Pickwells and the Beales in chapter 40?
8. Chapter 14 ends with Mrs. Beale asking Maniac whether he is Maniac or not. He responds saying that he is Jeffrey. She states that in her house he will always be Jeffrey. What does this mean for the two of them?
9. What is Grayson so curious about that he obviously has no understanding of during his meal with Maniac at the diner?
10. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
Essay Topic 1
What is the theme of the book concerning race? How is the theme expressed? What do the characters learn about race by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Why doesn't Maniac go to school? How does this decision affect Maniac, as well as the other major characters in the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship between Maniac and Mars Bar grow? What do each of the boys give to the other that each is lacking? How does this relationship epitomize the good in human nature?
This section contains 1,683 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)