|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the East End, where does Maniac stay?
2. What causes the red bumps to surface on Maniac's body?
3. Why does Maniac use only one hand to handle the football?
4. What happens at the school musical?
5. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Grayson and Maniac teach each other and how does it affect them?
2. What is Grayson so curious about that he obviously has no understanding of during his meal with Maniac at the diner?
3. How do the Beale's show that they are not prejudiced people?
4. What is family life like at the McNabs?
5. What stops McNab and the Cobras from chasing Maniac after the home run hit? What does this say about the boys?
6. How is Maniac blind?
7. Why is the big black man so upset that Maniac is playing in the fire hydrant water?
8. How do the McNabs show their true prejudice during Piper's birthday party?
9. Why does Maniac knowingly let the McNab boys give him crazy feats to perform?
10. Why does Maniac walk right out of town after he realizes that the encyclopedia has been used for confetti?
Essay Topic 1
Why is Maniac able to fit into both the black community and the white community? Since he can do this, what does he see that others who cannot fit in don't see?
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between Maniac and Mars Bar grow? What do each of the boys give to the other that each is lacking? How does this relationship epitomize the good in human nature?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Jerry Spinelli give the character of Maniac such incredible athletic abilities even though he is not an athlete?
This section contains 1,738 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)