|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the high school kids do to Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
2. What does Maniac say trash words have in common with church words?
3. What does McNab decide to do to Maniac in retaliation for the baseball incident?
4. What happens to Maniac Magee's parents?
5. How does Maniac respond when Grayson asks him about attending school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What heroic feats does Maniac perform for Russell and Piper?
2. How does the situation with Mars Bar climax at Piper's birthday party and how does Mars Bar deal with it all?
3. How does the Beale household change now that Maniac lives there?
4. How does Maniac help others and what are his motives in doing so?
5. What kind of a home do the McNabs live in?
6. Why does Maniac paint 101 on the front door of the equipment room?
7. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
8. What do the worms symbolize?
9. What comparison does Maniac make between Hester and Lester and Russell and Piper in chapter 40?
10. What contradiction does Maniac experience coming from a reunion at the Beales and going to the McNabs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the protagonist of the story. Why is this character the protagonist? What is the character trying to accomplish? Who is the antagonist? Why is this antagonist trying to stop the protagonist from accomplishing his/her goal?
Essay Topic 2
Whom are the major conflicts in the book between? Are they resolved? If so, how are these conflicts resolved?
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship between Maniac and Mars Bar grow? What do each of the boys give to the other that each is lacking? How does this relationship epitomize the good in human nature?
This section contains 1,701 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)