|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with the townspeople as Maniac walks up the middle of the street after the incident with the old man?
2. Who is Brian Denehy?
3. How long does it take Maniac to untie the Cobble's Knot?
4. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
5. What is the big question at the Pickwell dinner table on the night they eat spaghetti in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might Amanda Beale's character be a good match for Maniac?
2. Why does Maniac walk right out of town after he realizes that the encyclopedia has been used for confetti?
3. How does the story of Grayson't past affect Maniac?
4. How does Maniac impress the star quarterback, Brian Denehy in Chapter 4?
5. How do the Beale's show that they are not prejudiced people?
6. What do Grayson and Maniac teach each other and how does it affect them?
7. How does Maniac get his nickname?
8. How does Maniac manage to infuriate McNab and does he do it on purpose?
9. Why does Maniac say Amen when Grayson finishes reading his first book and what effect does it have on Grayson?
10. How is Maniac blind?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How and why does Maniac take on the raising of Russell and Piper? Why does he have influence over them? What does this say about Maniac's character?
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between Maniac and Mars Bar grow? What do each of the boys give to the other that each is lacking? How does this relationship epitomize the good in human nature?
Essay Topic 3
Why doesn't Maniac choose to remain at the Pickwell house? Why does he not choose this loving family as his own when he knows that they would embrace him? What does this say about Maniac's past and his future?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)