|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Amanda carrying to school in her suitcase?
2. What happens with the townspeople as Maniac walks up the middle of the street after the incident with the old man?
3. With what does Mars Bar Thompson challenge Maniac?
4. What does Maniac want to do when he finds Amanda crying on her doorstep?
5. Why does Grayson take Maniac to the equipment room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the race between Maniac and Mars Bar uncharacteristic of Maniac?
2. How are the two young boys that Maniac finds in the park cabin connected to Maniac?
3. Why does Amanda think the Cobble Knot will solve Maniac's problems?
4. Why is the big black man so upset that Maniac is playing in the fire hydrant water?
5. Why does Maniac knowingly let the McNab boys give him crazy feats to perform?
6. What do Grayson and Maniac teach each other and how does it affect them?
7. What heroic feats does Maniac perform for Russell and Piper?
8. How does Grayson't death affect Maniac?
9. How does Maniac manage to infuriate McNab and does he do it on purpose?
10. Why won't Maniac go to school?
Essay Topic 1
What is the theme of the book concerning race? How is the theme expressed? What do the characters learn about race by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
How is Amanda the staying power for Maniac? What makes her different from everyone else that he encounters? How does she ultimately change Maniac?
Essay Topic 3
What are the flashbacks in the novel? What is the author's purpose in using the flashbacks?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)