Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Maniac and Grayson do right after Thanksgiving dinner?
2. What does the boy give to Maniac while he is untying the knot?
3. What does Maniac want from Amanda at the end of Chapter 13 that she won't give him?
4. Where did Grayson play baseball?
5. How does Amanda react to Mars Bar concerning the ripped book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Maniac blind?
2. How does Amanda get her way in the final chapter of the novel?
3. How does the story of Grayson't past affect Maniac?
4. Why does Amanda think the Cobble Knot will solve Maniac's problems?
5. How does the Beale household change now that Maniac lives there?
6. What stops McNab and the Cobras from chasing Maniac after the home run hit? What does this say about the boys?
7. How does Maniac manage to infuriate McNab and does he do it on purpose?
8. What kind of a home do the McNabs live in?
9. The fact that Maniac takes a nap during the untying of the famous knot says a lot about the way he perceives the event. What does it say?
10. How does Mars Bar's rescue of Russell help change the prejudices of the town?
John McNab is a complex, dynamic character. How so? How does his characterization affect the themes of race in the novel?
Chapter 14 ends with this quote, "Inside a house a kid gets one name, but on the other side of the door, it's whatever the rest of the world wants to call him." How and why does Maniac wear one "mask" inside and one outside? How does this apply to all of mankind?
How and why does Maniac take on the raising of Russell and Piper? Why does he have influence over them? What does this say about Maniac's character?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)