|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maniac come to know even the people he never met in Two Mills?
(a) By listening to people speak in the corner stores.
(b) By asking around.
(c) From the things in their backyards.
(d) By listening to the stories of the children.
2. What new name has Amanda given to Mars Bar?
(b) Peanut Butter Cup.
(c) Devil Dog.
3. What does Maniac give Grayson for Christmas?
(a) A new baseball.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A book Maniac wrote.
(d) A chapter book.
4. What does Mars Bar come to ask Maniac after the trolley incident?
(a) Why Maniac would not speak to anyone after the incident.
(b) Why Maniac didn't stay after helping Russell.
(c) Why Maniac did not help Russell.
(d) Why Maniac was crying at the trolley.
5. Why doesn't Maniac leave the McNab boys when they drive him crazy?
(a) He is afraid that they will cry.
(b) He is afraid that they will rot completely without him.
(c) He is afraid that they will run away again.
(d) He is afraid that they will follow him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maniac do as a feat with the freight train?
2. Why do Russell and Piper kick Maniac out of their house?
3. What last thing does Maniac do before he leaves the band shell?
4. What do the McNab brothers do when they discover that they were actually with Maniac--the famous guy?
5. What does Amanda say to Maniac about his going to her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What relationships have been solidified by the end of the novel?
2. What kind of a home do the McNabs live in?
3. In what way does Maniac come to know everyone in town?
4. Who saves Maniac from freezing to death and how do they go about it?
5. How are the two young boys that Maniac finds in the park cabin connected to Maniac?
6. What tale does Mars Bar tell Maniac about Russell?
7. How do Maniac and Mars Bar find their way back into each other's lives?
8. What comparison does Maniac make between Hester and Lester and Russell and Piper in chapter 40?
9. How does Grayson't death affect Maniac?
10. How does Mars Bar's rescue of Russell help change the prejudices of the town?
This section contains 1,291 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)