|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Cobras come to do in the McNab house?
(a) Drink soda and play video games.
(b) Drink beer and play cards.
(c) Drink beer and play football.
(d) Drink soda and play football.
2. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
(a) Because he knows Mars Bar will have fun.
(b) Because he wants the blacks and whites to be together.
(c) Because he hates Mars Bar.
(d) Because he wants to scare Mars Bar.
3. How does Maniac feel about Mars Bar when the whole McNab birthday party situation is over?
(a) He feels angry.
(b) He feels proud.
(c) He feels sad.
(d) He feels happy.
4. Why does Mars Bar hate Maniac at the end of Chapter 38?
(a) Maniac refuses to participate.
(b) Nobody is there to see Mars Bar win.
(c) Maniac humiliates him.
(d) Maniac wins.
5. Where do Maniac and Grayson go on Christmas morning?
(a) To the zoo.
(b) To the Beale's house.
(c) To the baseball field.
(d) To the diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Maniac hear even further away than before, now that he is not living in any particular home in chapter 43?
2. What makes Maniac run from the graveyard?
3. What legendary feat does Mars Bar perform for the Pickwell children?
4. What do the Pickwells believe that Mars Bar carries with him all of the time?
5. How does Mars Bar know that Maniac was not afraid at the trolley incident?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the situation with Mars Bar climax at Piper's birthday party and how does Mars Bar deal with it all?
2. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
3. What happens to Russell and why can't Maniac save him?
4. What do the worms symbolize?
5. What relationships have been solidified by the end of the novel?
6. What comparison does Maniac make between the Pickwells and the Beales in chapter 40?
7. Why does Maniac work so hard to get Russell and Piper to go to school?
8. What precious gift does Grayson give to Maniac for Christmas and how does it affect Maniac?
9. In what way does Maniac come to know everyone in town?
10. What comparison does Maniac make between Hester and Lester and Russell and Piper in chapter 40?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)