|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Maniac returned to the West End in Chapter 40, where does he go first?
(a) To the Pickwells' house.
(b) To the zoo.
(c) To the equipment room.
(d) To the McNabs' house.
2. Where do Maniac and Grayson go on Christmas morning?
(a) To the baseball field.
(b) To the diner.
(c) To the zoo.
(d) To the Beale's house.
3. What does the trolley remind Maniac of?
(a) Going home.
(b) Daredevil stunts he pulled.
(c) Traveling with his parents.
(d) His parents' death.
4. How does Maniac convince Mars Bar to go to the West End?
(a) He threatens Mars Bar.
(b) He calls Mars Bar a sissy.
(c) He bribes Mars Bar.
(d) He tells Mars Bar that he isn't as bad as he thinks he is.
5. What do Russell and Piper fear has happened to Maniac while in the East End?
(a) He has been kidnapped.
(b) He has been killed.
(c) He has decided to stay there.
(d) He has been tortured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Amanda tells Maniac he needs to be sorry for a few things. Which does she NOT tell him to be sorry for?
2. What does Amanda do to wake up Maniac at the zoo?
3. Where have the two boys gotten their food?
4. What do the McNab brothers do when they discover that they were actually with Maniac--the famous guy?
5. What does Grayson give to Maniac for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the worms symbolize?
2. Why does Maniac knowingly let the McNab boys give him crazy feats to perform?
3. At the end of Chapter 33, in January, what does Maniac decide about his life?
4. Why does Maniac work so hard to get Russell and Piper to go to school?
5. What comparison does Maniac make between the Pickwells and the Beales in chapter 40?
6. What happens to Russell and why can't Maniac save him?
7. What precious gift does Grayson give to Maniac for Christmas and how does it affect Maniac?
8. What is family life like at the McNabs?
9. Who saves Maniac from freezing to death and how do they go about it?
10. What relationships have been solidified by the end of the novel?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)