|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What legendary feat does Mars Bar perform for the Pickwell children?
(a) Stopping a train.
(b) Stopping traffic with a glare.
(c) Walking in front of a bus.
(d) Killing a snake with his bare hands.
2. What does John believe is going to happen at some point with the East Enders?
(a) They will move into the West End.
(b) They will murder.
(c) They will riot in the streets.
(d) They will storm the houses of the West Enders.
3. What does Amanda say to Maniac about his going to her house?
(a) He can't have her room this time.
(b) He will sleep in the bed this time.
(c) He has to come to the house because the little ones need him.
(d) He is more trouble outside then inside.
4. Why do the other children want to touch Maniac after he speaks with whoever answered Finsterwald's door?
(a) They want to congratulate him.
(b) They want to touch a famous person.
(c) They want to see if he is cold.
(d) They think Maniac might be a ghost.
5. Why does Maniac allow the McNab boys to continue asking him to do the feats?
(a) It keeps him out of trouble.
(b) It keeps him busy.
(c) It keeps the McNab boys out of trouble.
(d) It keeps them in school where they need to be.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Maniac leave the McNab boys when they drive him crazy?
2. What does Maniac experience in early July in the early mornings?
3. Why does Mars Bar hate Maniac at the end of Chapter 38?
4. How long is the challenge for in Finsterwald's backyard?
5. How does Maniac come to know even the people he never met in Two Mills?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the situation with Mars Bar climax at Piper's birthday party and how does Mars Bar deal with it all?
2. How does Amanda get her way in the final chapter of the novel?
3. Who saves Maniac from freezing to death and how do they go about it?
4. What kind of a home do the McNabs live in?
5. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
6. How does Maniac manipulate Russell and Piper and how do they manipulate Maniac?
7. How do Maniac and Mars Bar find their way back into each other's lives?
8. What part of the day does Maniac enjoy the most and why now that June was on its way?
9. At the end of Chapter 33, in January, what does Maniac decide about his life?
10. What are the McNabs building in their house and why?
This section contains 1,276 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)