|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom are the two boys related?
(a) The man who called Maniac whitey.
(b) Mars Bar.
(c) John McNab.
(d) "Hands" Down.
2. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) The Superintendent won't let him.
(c) It is needed for the upcoming spring.
(d) He cannot bring himself to stay.
3. What is the last thought that Maniac has as the book comes to a close?
(a) Finally, someone was calling him home.
(b) Finally, Amanda and Mars are friends.
(c) Finally, he does not have to sleep in a shed anymore.
(d) Finally, there will be peace in the East End.
4. Amanda tells Maniac he needs to be sorry for a few things. Which does she NOT tell him to be sorry for?
(a) Tricking Maniac into going to the party.
(b) She had to come to the zoo to find Maniac.
(c) Mars Bar threw a ball at her bedroom window.
(d) He didn't accept Mars Bars invitation.
5. What makes Maniac run from the graveyard?
(a) He is too upset over his loss.
(b) He is angry with the pallbearers.
(c) He does not want to see who is coming.
(d) He thinks he sees a ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maniac returned to the West End in Chapter 40, where does he go first?
2. Where is Russell that Piper screams about?
3. Where does Mars Bar find Maniac after the trolley incident?
4. What does Russell attempt to travel with?
5. How does Maniac come to know even the people he never met in Two Mills?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the McNabs show their true prejudice during Piper's birthday party?
2. How is the race between Maniac and Mars Bar uncharacteristic of Maniac?
3. What are the McNabs building in their house and why?
4. What contradiction does Maniac experience coming from a reunion at the Beales and going to the McNabs?
5. How does Mars Bar's rescue of Russell help change the prejudices of the town?
6. At the end of Chapter 33, in January, what does Maniac decide about his life?
7. Who saves Maniac from freezing to death and how do they go about it?
8. Why does Maniac work so hard to get Russell and Piper to go to school?
9. What happens to Russell and why can't Maniac save him?
10. What relationships have been solidified by the end of the novel?
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)