|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Maniac and Mars Bar run together before the morning Piper comes screaming down the street?
(a) A month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A week.
(d) Two days.
2. What does Maniac give Grayson for Christmas?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A chapter book.
(c) A new baseball.
(d) A book Maniac wrote.
3. What does Mars Bar come to ask Maniac after the trolley incident?
(a) Why Maniac would not speak to anyone after the incident.
(b) Why Maniac was crying at the trolley.
(c) Why Maniac didn't stay after helping Russell.
(d) Why Maniac did not help Russell.
4. What story does Maniac change in telling to the Pickwells?
(a) The one about the fire hydrant party.
(b) The one about Russell and the trolley.
(c) The one about Maniac running backwards and beating Mars Bar.
(d) The one about "Hands" Down and the punt.
5. What part of the day does Maniac like best of all now that it is almost June?
(a) Morning before anyone awakes.
(b) Night after everyone is asleep.
(c) Afternoons when everyone is around.
(d) Evenings for the sunsets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maniac have to convince John that he hadn't done after delivering back his brothers?
2. What can Maniac hear even further away than before, now that he is not living in any particular home in chapter 43?
3. What story does Maniac tell to help John with his brothers?
4. How many nights does Maniac stay in the cabin in Valley Forge?
5. Where do Maniac and Grayson go on Christmas morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the two young boys that Maniac finds in the park cabin connected to Maniac?
2. What are the McNabs building in their house and why?
3. How does the situation with Mars Bar climax at Piper's birthday party and how does Mars Bar deal with it all?
4. In what way does Maniac come to know everyone in town?
5. Why does Maniac work so hard to get Russell and Piper to go to school?
6. What comparison does Maniac make between the Pickwells and the Beales in chapter 40?
7. How does Mars Bar's rescue of Russell help change the prejudices of the town?
8. How do Maniac and Mars Bar find their way back into each other's lives?
9. How do the McNabs show their true prejudice during Piper's birthday party?
10. How does Grayson't death affect Maniac?
This section contains 1,310 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)