|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maniac come to know even the people he never met in Two Mills?
(a) From the things in their backyards.
(b) By asking around.
(c) By listening to people speak in the corner stores.
(d) By listening to the stories of the children.
2. What does Maniac do after he discovers Grayson is dead?
(a) He listens to the polka.
(b) He lays down and cries.
(c) He runs to get help.
(d) He reads to him.
3. What does Mars Bar come to ask Maniac after the trolley incident?
(a) Why Maniac did not help Russell.
(b) Why Maniac was crying at the trolley.
(c) Why Maniac would not speak to anyone after the incident.
(d) Why Maniac didn't stay after helping Russell.
4. How does Maniac feel about Mars Bar when the whole McNab birthday party situation is over?
(a) He feels proud.
(b) He feels happy.
(c) He feels angry.
(d) He feels sad.
5. What do the Cobras come to do in the McNab house?
(a) Drink beer and play cards.
(b) Drink soda and play video games.
(c) Drink beer and play football.
(d) Drink soda and play football.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the two boys in the second cabin going?
2. What do the two young boys in the second cabin continuously call Maniac?
3. Why doesn't Maniac leave the McNab boys when they drive him crazy?
4. What does Maniac experience in early July in the early mornings?
5. What does Maniac make the McNab boys return to Dorsey's Grocery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What heroic feats does Maniac perform for Russell and Piper?
2. What relationships have been solidified by the end of the novel?
3. How does Grayson't death affect Maniac?
4. At the end of Chapter 33, in January, what does Maniac decide about his life?
5. Who saves Maniac from freezing to death and how do they go about it?
6. What do the worms symbolize?
7. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
8. How does the situation with Mars Bar climax at Piper's birthday party and how does Mars Bar deal with it all?
9. What comparison does Maniac make between the Pickwells and the Beales in chapter 40?
10. What part of the day does Maniac enjoy the most and why now that June was on its way?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)