|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deal does Maniac first make with the McNab boys about school?
(a) If they go, he will feed them pizza daily.
(b) If they go, he will show them the shortcut to Mexico.
(c) If they go, he will show Finsterwald's backyard.
(d) If they go, he will show them how to read.
2. What new item does Mars Bar show Maniac when Maniac returns to town in chapter 38?
(c) A bike.
(d) Expensive sneakers.
3. What part of the day does Maniac like best of all now that it is almost June?
(a) Morning before anyone awakes.
(b) Night after everyone is asleep.
(c) Evenings for the sunsets.
(d) Afternoons when everyone is around.
4. What story does Maniac tell to help John with his brothers?
(a) That Maniac really didn't hit John's fastballs.
(b) That John had been searching for the boys.
(c) That Maniac cheated.
(d) That John threw a stopball that Maniac could not hit.
5. What does Maniac tell Mars Bar that the structure is in the dining room of the McNab house?
(a) A playground.
(b) A castle.
(c) A tornado shelter.
(d) A bomb shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What falls out of the ceiling frightening Mars Bar badly?
2. What legendary feat does Mars Bar perform for the Pickwell children?
3. What can Maniac hear even further away than before, now that he is not living in any particular home in chapter 43?
4. Where are the two boys in the second cabin going?
5. What are all of the boys bringing into the dining room of the McNab house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What heroic feats does Maniac perform for Russell and Piper?
2. What are the McNabs building in their house and why?
3. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
4. How does the situation with Mars Bar climax at Piper's birthday party and how does Mars Bar deal with it all?
5. Why does Maniac knowingly let the McNab boys give him crazy feats to perform?
6. How does Mars Bar's rescue of Russell help change the prejudices of the town?
7. How does Amanda get her way in the final chapter of the novel?
8. What happens to Russell and why can't Maniac save him?
9. How do Maniac and Mars Bar find their way back into each other's lives?
10. How does Grayson't death affect Maniac?
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)