|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maniac experience in early July in the early mornings?
(a) He believes someone is chasing him.
(b) He thinks hears an animal crying.
(c) He believes someone is following him.
(d) He thinks he hears a baby crying.
2. Where does Maniac sleep one night--just once in Chapter 43?
(a) In a kitchen of a house with the door open.
(b) In a bed.
(c) In a motel.
(d) In a shelter.
3. How does Maniac feel about Mars Bar when the whole McNab birthday party situation is over?
(a) He feels angry.
(b) He feels happy.
(c) He feels sad.
(d) He feels proud.
4. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
(a) To see the best the West End had to offer.
(b) They asked Maniac to bring him.
(c) For a party.
(d) To make Mars Bar angry.
5. What new name has Amanda given to Mars Bar?
(a) Devil Dog.
(c) Peanut Butter Cup.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does John believe the incident with the East Enders will happen?
2. What/Who does Maniac wait for in the cabin in Valley Forge?
3. What does Maniac do after he sees Russell in trouble?
4. What does Maniac say when Amanda tells him that they are going home?
5. What do the two young boys in the second cabin continuously call Maniac?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the worms symbolize?
2. How does Amanda get her way in the final chapter of the novel?
3. What tale does Mars Bar tell Maniac about Russell?
4. What part of the day does Maniac enjoy the most and why now that June was on its way?
5. How does the situation with Mars Bar climax at Piper's birthday party and how does Mars Bar deal with it all?
6. What contradiction does Maniac experience coming from a reunion at the Beales and going to the McNabs?
7. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
8. What comparison does Maniac make between the Pickwells and the Beales in chapter 40?
9. What are the McNabs building in their house and why?
10. In what way does Maniac come to know everyone in town?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)