|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Maniac leave the McNab boys when they drive him crazy?
(a) He is afraid that they will cry.
(b) He is afraid that they will follow him.
(c) He is afraid that they will run away again.
(d) He is afraid that they will rot completely without him.
2. What is the last thought that Maniac has as the book comes to a close?
(a) Finally, there will be peace in the East End.
(b) Finally, Amanda and Mars are friends.
(c) Finally, he does not have to sleep in a shed anymore.
(d) Finally, someone was calling him home.
3. What does John believe is going to happen at some point with the East Enders?
(a) They will riot in the streets.
(b) They will murder.
(c) They will storm the houses of the West Enders.
(d) They will move into the West End.
4. What legendary feat does Mars Bar perform for the Pickwell children?
(a) Stopping traffic with a glare.
(b) Stopping a train.
(c) Walking in front of a bus.
(d) Killing a snake with his bare hands.
5. Why does Maniac allow the McNab boys to continue asking him to do the feats?
(a) It keeps him busy.
(b) It keeps them in school where they need to be.
(c) It keeps the McNab boys out of trouble.
(d) It keeps him out of trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What last thing does Maniac do before he leaves the band shell?
2. What best describes the McNab house?
3. What does Maniac have to convince John that he hadn't done after delivering back his brothers?
4. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
5. How long is the challenge for in Finsterwald's backyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tale does Mars Bar tell Maniac about Russell?
2. What part of the day does Maniac enjoy the most and why now that June was on its way?
3. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
4. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
5. How is the race between Maniac and Mars Bar uncharacteristic of Maniac?
6. What comparison does Maniac make between Hester and Lester and Russell and Piper in chapter 40?
7. In what way does Maniac come to know everyone in town?
8. In January, after Grayson's death, where does Maniac live and how does he take care of himself?
9. What do the worms symbolize?
10. What precious gift does Grayson give to Maniac for Christmas and how does it affect Maniac?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)