|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Russell and Piper kick Maniac out of their house?
(a) He started giving them orders.
(b) He yelled at them.
(c) He told them that they could not fight anymore.
(d) He stomped on their guns until they were plastic splinters.
2. What method does Maniac use to try to keep Russell and Piper in school after he came back to the McNabs'?
(a) He threatened them with punishments.
(b) He organized marble tournaments during recess.
(c) He made them lunches to take with them.
(d) He bribed them with money.
3. How does Maniac make the deal even better for the McNab boys to go to school?
(a) He says he will teach them how to pitch.
(b) He says he will knock on Finsterwald's door.
(c) He says he will eat pizza even though he is allergic.
(d) He says he will eat five cockroaches.
4. What does Grayson give to Maniac for Christmas?
(a) A cookbook.
(b) His old baseball glove.
(c) A book about Willie Mays.
(d) A bed.
5. What does Maniac do after he discovers Grayson is dead?
(a) He listens to the polka.
(b) He reads to him.
(c) He runs to get help.
(d) He lays down and cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maniac convince Mars Bar to go to the West End?
2. To whom are the two boys related?
3. What story does Maniac tell to help John with his brothers?
4. What does Maniac have to convince John that he hadn't done after delivering back his brothers?
5. What does Maniac tell the McNab boys about Mexico so that they will not want to go there?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maniac knowingly let the McNab boys give him crazy feats to perform?
2. How does Amanda get her way in the final chapter of the novel?
3. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
4. What heroic feats does Maniac perform for Russell and Piper?
5. Who saves Maniac from freezing to death and how do they go about it?
6. How does Mars Bar's rescue of Russell help change the prejudices of the town?
7. What are the McNabs building in their house and why?
8. How does Grayson't death affect Maniac?
9. What relationships have been solidified by the end of the novel?
10. What comparison does Maniac make between Hester and Lester and Russell and Piper in chapter 40?
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)