|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What falls out of the ceiling frightening Mars Bar badly?
(b) A Cobra.
(c) A snake.
(d) A grenade.
2. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
(a) It is needed for the upcoming spring.
(b) The Superintendent won't let him.
(c) He cannot bring himself to stay.
(d) It is too cold.
3. When does John believe the incident with the East Enders will happen?
(a) In a week.
(b) In a month.
(c) In the summer.
(d) In the winter.
4. What do Russell and Piper fear has happened to Maniac while in the East End?
(a) He has been tortured.
(b) He has been killed.
(c) He has decided to stay there.
(d) He has been kidnapped.
5. How many nights does Maniac stay in the cabin in Valley Forge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda do to wake up Maniac at the zoo?
2. What does Maniac do as a feat with the bison pen?
3. Why do Russell and Piper kick Maniac out of their house?
4. Where are the two boys in the second cabin going?
5. What does Mars Bar call Maniac when they meet again in chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the McNabs show their true prejudice during Piper's birthday party?
2. What comparison does Maniac make between the Pickwells and the Beales in chapter 40?
3. How does Grayson't death affect Maniac?
4. Why does Maniac work so hard to get Russell and Piper to go to school?
5. What relationships have been solidified by the end of the novel?
6. What is family life like at the McNabs?
7. What kind of a home do the McNabs live in?
8. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
9. What contradiction does Maniac experience coming from a reunion at the Beales and going to the McNabs?
10. What do the worms symbolize?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)