|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the cabins in Valley Forge?
(a) Abandoned campsites.
(b) Family-owned campgrounds.
(c) Run-down cabins from the Civil War.
(d) Replicas of army shelters.
2. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
(a) They asked Maniac to bring him.
(b) To see the best the West End had to offer.
(c) For a party.
(d) To make Mars Bar angry.
3. How many nights does Maniac stay in the cabin in Valley Forge?
4. What won't Maniac do for food?
(a) He will not go to soup kitchens.
(b) He will not do odd jobs.
(c) He will not take it from the zoo.
(d) He will not beg.
5. Why do the other children want to touch Maniac after he speaks with whoever answered Finsterwald's door?
(a) They think Maniac might be a ghost.
(b) They want to see if he is cold.
(c) They want to touch a famous person.
(d) They want to congratulate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Maniac and Mars Bar run together before the morning Piper comes screaming down the street?
2. How does Mars Bar know that Maniac was not afraid at the trolley incident?
3. What is the last thought that Maniac has as the book comes to a close?
4. How long do the feats go on for before the perilous one is asked?
5. What legendary feat does Mars Bar perform for the Pickwell children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of a home do the McNabs live in?
2. How are the two young boys that Maniac finds in the park cabin connected to Maniac?
3. What relationships have been solidified by the end of the novel?
4. How does Mars Bar's rescue of Russell help change the prejudices of the town?
5. Who saves Maniac from freezing to death and how do they go about it?
6. How do the McNabs show their true prejudice during Piper's birthday party?
7. In January, after Grayson's death, where does Maniac live and how does he take care of himself?
8. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
9. What do the worms symbolize?
10. How does Grayson't death affect Maniac?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)