|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new name has Amanda given to Mars Bar?
(c) Peanut Butter Cup.
(d) Devil Dog.
2. What does Maniac do as a feat with rat-infested dump?
(a) Kills a rat.
(b) Finds a hubcap.
(c) Crawls across it.
(d) Walks across it barefoot.
3. What does Maniac do after he sees Russell in trouble?
(a) He runs for help.
(b) He walks away.
(c) He saves him.
(d) He asks Mars Bar to save him.
4. What does the trolley remind Maniac of?
(a) Going home.
(b) Daredevil stunts he pulled.
(c) Traveling with his parents.
(d) His parents' death.
5. When Maniac returned to the West End in Chapter 40, where does he go first?
(a) To the equipment room.
(b) To the zoo.
(c) To the Pickwells' house.
(d) To the McNabs' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Maniac run from the graveyard?
2. Why do Russell and Piper kick Maniac out of their house?
3. What do the Cobras do while Mars Bar and Maniac play games with the younger ones?
4. What story does Maniac tell to help John with his brothers?
5. What does Russell attempt to travel with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maniac work so hard to get Russell and Piper to go to school?
2. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
3. How are the two young boys that Maniac finds in the park cabin connected to Maniac?
4. What are the McNabs building in their house and why?
5. At the end of Chapter 33, in January, what does Maniac decide about his life?
6. How does Amanda get her way in the final chapter of the novel?
7. In what way does Maniac come to know everyone in town?
8. How do Maniac and Mars Bar find their way back into each other's lives?
9. How is the race between Maniac and Mars Bar uncharacteristic of Maniac?
10. In January, after Grayson's death, where does Maniac live and how does he take care of himself?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)