|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes running up to Maniac after the race with Mars Bar is over?
(a) Russell and Piper.
(b) "Hands" Down.
(d) Hester and Lester.
2. What do the McNab brothers do when they discover that they were actually with Maniac--the famous guy?
(a) They tell Maniac to leave.
(b) They laugh very hard.
(c) They beat up Maniac because of what he did to John.
(d) Thye cry.
3. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
(a) They asked Maniac to bring him.
(b) To see the best the West End had to offer.
(c) To make Mars Bar angry.
(d) For a party.
4. What does Mars Bar call Maniac when they meet again in chapter 38?
5. When does John believe the incident with the East Enders will happen?
(a) In the winter.
(b) In a week.
(c) In the summer.
(d) In a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Maniac bring Piper?
2. What does Mars Bar come to ask Maniac after the trolley incident?
3. Why doesn't Maniac leave the McNab boys when they drive him crazy?
4. How long do the feats go on for before the perilous one is asked?
5. What does Maniac do as a feat with the mysterious hole at the creek?
Short Essay Questions
1. What relationships have been solidified by the end of the novel?
2. What comparison does Maniac make between Hester and Lester and Russell and Piper in chapter 40?
3. What kind of a home do the McNabs live in?
4. How does Maniac manipulate Russell and Piper and how do they manipulate Maniac?
5. How are the two young boys that Maniac finds in the park cabin connected to Maniac?
6. What part of the day does Maniac enjoy the most and why now that June was on its way?
7. How does Grayson't death affect Maniac?
8. What tale does Mars Bar tell Maniac about Russell?
9. What happens to Russell and why can't Maniac save him?
10. How does Amanda get her way in the final chapter of the novel?
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)