|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
(a) To see the best the West End had to offer.
(b) For a party.
(c) To make Mars Bar angry.
(d) They asked Maniac to bring him.
2. What does Maniac tell the McNab boys about Mexico so that they will not want to go there?
(a) There is no pizza there.
(b) There are huge bugs in Mexico.
(c) It is volcano season.
(d) Little boys are eaten there.
3. What does Maniac make the McNab boys return to Dorsey's Grocery?
(a) Stolen comic books.
(b) A shopping cart.
(c) Twenty-five candy bars.
(d) Fifty bubblegums.
4. What story does Maniac change in telling to the Pickwells?
(a) The one about the fire hydrant party.
(b) The one about Russell and the trolley.
(c) The one about Maniac running backwards and beating Mars Bar.
(d) The one about "Hands" Down and the punt.
5. What are the cabins in Valley Forge?
(a) Abandoned campsites.
(b) Replicas of army shelters.
(c) Run-down cabins from the Civil War.
(d) Family-owned campgrounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
2. Where does Mars Bar take Russell after the trolley incident?
3. How does Maniac feel about Mars Bar when the whole McNab birthday party situation is over?
4. What are the raisins in the McNab house?
5. What are the McNabs and Cobras building in the dining room of the McNab house?
Short Essay Questions
1. In January, after Grayson's death, where does Maniac live and how does he take care of himself?
2. Why does Maniac work so hard to get Russell and Piper to go to school?
3. What relationships have been solidified by the end of the novel?
4. How are the two young boys that Maniac finds in the park cabin connected to Maniac?
5. Who saves Maniac from freezing to death and how do they go about it?
6. What contradiction does Maniac experience coming from a reunion at the Beales and going to the McNabs?
7. How does the situation with Mars Bar climax at Piper's birthday party and how does Mars Bar deal with it all?
8. What heroic feats does Maniac perform for Russell and Piper?
9. How is the race between Maniac and Mars Bar uncharacteristic of Maniac?
10. What is family life like at the McNabs?
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)