|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Maniac and Mars Bar run together before the morning Piper comes screaming down the street?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
2. How does Maniac feel about Mars Bar when the whole McNab birthday party situation is over?
(a) He feels happy.
(b) He feels angry.
(c) He feels sad.
(d) He feels proud.
3. What does Maniac tell Mars Bar that the structure is in the dining room of the McNab house?
(a) A tornado shelter.
(b) A castle.
(c) A bomb shelter.
(d) A playground.
4. What do Russell and Piper fear has happened to Maniac while in the East End?
(a) He has decided to stay there.
(b) He has been kidnapped.
(c) He has been killed.
(d) He has been tortured.
5. Why do Russell and Piper kick Maniac out of their house?
(a) He stomped on their guns until they were plastic splinters.
(b) He yelled at them.
(c) He told them that they could not fight anymore.
(d) He started giving them orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most perilous feat that the McNab boys ask Maniac to perform?
2. What are the raisins in the McNab house?
3. What part of the day does Maniac like best of all now that it is almost June?
4. What deal does Maniac first make with the McNab boys about school?
5. Where does Maniac sleep one night--just once in Chapter 43?
Short Essay Questions
1. What relationships have been solidified by the end of the novel?
2. What heroic feats does Maniac perform for Russell and Piper?
3. Who saves Maniac from freezing to death and how do they go about it?
4. What comparison does Maniac make between Hester and Lester and Russell and Piper in chapter 40?
5. How does Maniac manipulate Russell and Piper and how do they manipulate Maniac?
6. How do the McNabs show their true prejudice during Piper's birthday party?
7. How does the situation with Mars Bar climax at Piper's birthday party and how does Mars Bar deal with it all?
8. What comparison does Maniac make between the Pickwells and the Beales in chapter 40?
9. What happens to Russell and why can't Maniac save him?
10. What are the McNabs building in their house and why?
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)