|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method does Maniac use to try to keep Russell and Piper in school after he came back to the McNabs'?
(a) He made them lunches to take with them.
(b) He bribed them with money.
(c) He organized marble tournaments during recess.
(d) He threatened them with punishments.
2. What legendary feat does Mars Bar perform for the Pickwell children?
(a) Killing a snake with his bare hands.
(b) Stopping a train.
(c) Walking in front of a bus.
(d) Stopping traffic with a glare.
3. What does Maniac have to convince John that he hadn't done after delivering back his brothers?
(a) That Maniac did not call the police on them.
(b) That Maniac did not convince them to run away.
(c) That Maniac did not hurt them.
(d) That Maniac did not kidnap them.
4. What do the Cobras do while Mars Bar and Maniac play games with the younger ones?
(a) They play too.
(b) They interrupt the games.
(c) They sit against the wall and watch Mars Bar.
(d) They ignore it all.
5. What does Maniac do as a feat with the bison pen?
(a) Feeds the bison.
(b) Kisses the mother bison.
(c) Climbs the fence.
(d) Dances in front of the pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Maniac and Mars Bar run together before the morning Piper comes screaming down the street?
2. To whom are the two boys related?
3. Where does Maniac sleep now that it is almost June?
4. What does Maniac give Grayson for Christmas?
5. How does Maniac come to know even the people he never met in Two Mills?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Russell and why can't Maniac save him?
2. How does Maniac manipulate Russell and Piper and how do they manipulate Maniac?
3. What kind of a home do the McNabs live in?
4. What contradiction does Maniac experience coming from a reunion at the Beales and going to the McNabs?
5. What relationships have been solidified by the end of the novel?
6. How do the McNabs show their true prejudice during Piper's birthday party?
7. How does the situation with Mars Bar climax at Piper's birthday party and how does Mars Bar deal with it all?
8. How do Maniac and Mars Bar find their way back into each other's lives?
9. What is family life like at the McNabs?
10. How does Amanda get her way in the final chapter of the novel?
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)