|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maniac wind up after he runs from the baseball game?
(a) In the East End of town.
(b) At the house where he ate spaghetti.
(c) At Amanda's house.
(d) His shed at the zoo.
2. Who is Brian Denehy?
(a) The first person Maniac meets in Two Mills.
(b) A soccer player.
(c) The star quarterback.
(d) The football coach.
3. How do the Pickwells know when it is dinnertime?
(a) Mrs. Pickwell hollers for them.
(b) Mrs. Pickwell whistles.
(c) Mrs. Pickwell rings a bell.
(d) Mrs. Pickwell sends the dog for them.
4. Who is the first person to speak with Maniac in Two Mills?
(a) Jeffrey Beale.
(b) Amanda Beale.
(c) Brian Denehy.
(d) Arnold Jones.
5. Where does Maniac live while he stays in Two Mills?
(a) In a shed at the school.
(b) In a garage behind the restaurant.
(c) In the deer shed at the zoo.
(d) In the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grayson say took Maniac's buffalo rag clothes away?
2. Who saves Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
3. What happens to Maniac Magee's parents?
4. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
5. Why doesn't Maniac go to Grayson's room at the YMCA?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Russell and why can't Maniac save him?
2. How does Grayson't death affect Maniac?
3. What contradiction does Maniac experience coming from a reunion at the Beales and going to the McNabs?
4. Why does Amanda think the Cobble Knot will solve Maniac's problems?
5. How does the Beale household change now that Maniac lives there?
6. How does Maniac help others and what are his motives in doing so?
7. What comparison does Maniac make between the Pickwells and the Beales in chapter 40?
8. Chapter 14 ends with Mrs. Beale asking Maniac whether he is Maniac or not. He responds saying that he is Jeffrey. She states that in her house he will always be Jeffrey. What does this mean for the two of them?
9. What is Grayson so curious about that he obviously has no understanding of during his meal with Maniac at the diner?
10. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)