|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Finsterwald's backyard filled?
(d) Balls and Frisbees.
2. Why are Hester, Lester, and Amanda keeping Maniac from going home early one morning in Chapter 17?
(a) They do not want him to see that the house has been vandalized.
(b) They do not want him to see that the police are at their house.
(c) They do not want him to see the big black man is at their house.
(d) They do not want him to see that their house has been toilet papered.
3. Who is the first person to speak with Maniac in Two Mills?
(a) Jeffrey Beale.
(b) Amanda Beale.
(c) Brian Denehy.
(d) Arnold Jones.
4. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
(a) He challenges McNab.
(b) He stands at the bag and waits.
(c) He takes a hat off another player.
(d) He insults McNab.
5. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amanda's mom act when she first meets Maniac?
2. What does Maniac say trash words have in common with church words?
3. Where does Maniac wind up after he runs from the baseball game?
4. Who does Grayson say took Maniac's buffalo rag clothes away?
5. By Christmas, where has Grayson moved?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grayson's background shape the man he has become today?
2. How does Maniac manage to infuriate McNab and does he do it on purpose?
3. The fact that Maniac takes a nap during the untying of the famous knot says a lot about the way he perceives the event. What does it say?
4. Why does Maniac say Amen when Grayson finishes reading his first book and what effect does it have on Grayson?
5. How does the story of Grayson't past affect Maniac?
6. How is the scene in the kitchen between Mrs. Beale and Maniac both ironic and symbolic?
7. What is Grayson so curious about that he obviously has no understanding of during his meal with Maniac at the diner?
8. How might Amanda Beale's character be a good match for Maniac?
9. How is it that Maniac could have a meal at the Pickwell house and nobody questions his presence?
10. How do the Beale's show that they are not prejudiced people?
This section contains 1,385 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)