|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason why the bigger kids from all over come to the vacant lot to see Maniac?
(a) To see if everything they heard was true.
(b) To see how good he really was.
(c) To test him.
(d) To tell him that he was not welcome in their town.
2. What happens with the townspeople as Maniac walks up the middle of the street after the incident with the old man?
(a) They fight.
(b) They disperse.
(c) Whites and blacks walk together.
(d) The whites walk up one side, the blacks up the other.
3. What kind of story does Amanda give to Maniac?
(a) Children's Poetry.
(b) A book about puppies.
(c) The Children's Crusade.
(d) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
4. What is Amanda carrying to school in her suitcase?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A project.
(d) Crayons and drawing paper.
5. Who does Grayson say took Maniac's buffalo rag clothes away?
(a) The street cleaners.
(b) The Sanitation Department.
(c) The buffalo.
(d) The US Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the school musical?
2. What strategy does Grayson use to help him learn to read?
3. What can't Maniac see about what is going on around him in chapter 16?
4. How did the gas station attendant trick Grayson when he was a rookie?
5. What is the confetti made out of that the townspeople throw for Maniac's celebration of untying the knot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the scene in the kitchen between Mrs. Beale and Maniac both ironic and symbolic?
2. How is Maniac blind?
3. How might Amanda Beale's character be a good match for Maniac?
4. How does the Beale household change now that Maniac lives there?
5. Right at the start of this novel, the reader knows that the main character is going to have a different life than the normal pre-teen. How so?
6. What is the underlying reason that Maniac wants to leave town after the incident at the fire hydrant party?
7. How is it that Maniac could have a meal at the Pickwell house and nobody questions his presence?
8. What does the reader learn about Maniac's personality through the scene of Mars Bar and Maniac and the candy bar?
9. What stops McNab and the Cobras from chasing Maniac after the home run hit? What does this say about the boys?
10. Why do Maniac and Grayson decorate a tree in the woods?
This section contains 1,254 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)