|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grayson not know how to read?
(a) He never went to school.
(b) He heard his teacher say he was never going to learn to read.
(c) His parents were drunks.
(d) He has a learning disability.
2. What happens to Maniac Magee's parents?
(a) They die in a train crash.
(b) They die in a plane crash.
(c) They die in a trolley crash.
(d) They die in a car crash.
3. Who is Brian Denehy?
(a) A soccer player.
(b) The first person Maniac meets in Two Mills.
(c) The star quarterback.
(d) The football coach.
4. What happens at the school musical?
(a) Manaic sings beautifully.
(b) Maniac sings badly.
(c) Maniac screams for a long time.
(d) Aunt Dot asks Uncle Dan for a divorce.
5. What is Amanda carrying to school in her suitcase?
(a) A project.
(b) A puppy.
(c) Crayons and drawing paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy give to Maniac while he is untying the knot?
2. What is the prize for untying the Cobble's Knot?
3. What is Grayson curious about that he asks Maniac while Maniac eats at the diner?
4. How long does it take Maniac to travel two hundred miles to Two Mills?
5. What is Maniac running on that amazes the Pickwell children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maniac get his nickname?
2. Why does Maniac paint 101 on the front door of the equipment room?
3. How does the Beale household change now that Maniac lives there?
4. Why does Maniac say Amen when Grayson finishes reading his first book and what effect does it have on Grayson?
5. What do Grayson and Maniac teach each other and how does it affect them?
6. Right at the start of this novel, the reader knows that the main character is going to have a different life than the normal pre-teen. How so?
7. How is Maniac blind?
8. What does the reader learn about Maniac's personality through the scene of Mars Bar and Maniac and the candy bar?
9. How does Amanda treat Maniac differently than everyone else in Chapter 11 and previous chapters?
10. How might Amanda Beale's character be a good match for Maniac?
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)