|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Grayson and Maniac buy at Woolworths?
(a) A baseball glove.
(b) Picture books.
(c) A blackboard and chalk.
(d) An alphabet poster.
2. What causes the red bumps to surface on Maniac's body?
(b) Poison Ivy.
(c) Chicken Pox.
3. Why does Maniac decide to leave town?
(a) He is afraid of the big black man.
(b) He does not want the Beales to get hurt.
(c) He does not like that people don't like him.
(d) He does not want a riot to break out.
4. What does Maniac say trash words have in common with church words?
(b) A musical tone.
5. What happens at the school musical?
(a) Maniac screams for a long time.
(b) Manaic sings beautifully.
(c) Maniac sings badly.
(d) Aunt Dot asks Uncle Dan for a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the high school kids do to Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
2. How long does it take Maniac to travel two hundred miles to Two Mills?
3. What does Maniac want to do when he finds Amanda crying on her doorstep?
4. What is the first book Grayson reads cover to cover?
5. Which of the following is not a reason why the bigger kids from all over come to the vacant lot to see Maniac?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Maniac's personality through the scene of Mars Bar and Maniac and the candy bar?
2. Why does Maniac paint 101 on the front door of the equipment room?
3. How might Amanda Beale's character be a good match for Maniac?
4. Why is the big black man so upset that Maniac is playing in the fire hydrant water?
5. Why does Amanda think the Cobble Knot will solve Maniac's problems?
6. Why do Maniac and Grayson decorate a tree in the woods?
7. How do the Beale's show that they are not prejudiced people?
8. What is the underlying reason that Maniac wants to leave town after the incident at the fire hydrant party?
9. What stops McNab and the Cobras from chasing Maniac after the home run hit? What does this say about the boys?
10. Chapter 14 ends with Mrs. Beale asking Maniac whether he is Maniac or not. He responds saying that he is Jeffrey. She states that in her house he will always be Jeffrey. What does this mean for the two of them?
This section contains 1,252 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)