|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Amanda for the first and only time in Chapter 3?
(a) She trips and falls.
(b) She lends one of her books.
(c) She is late to school.
(d) She falls in love.
2. Why does Mr. Beale make a U-turn when taking Maniac home?
(a) Mr. Beale won't go to the neighborhood Maniac directs him to.
(b) Maniac wants to say goodnight to Hester and Lester.
(c) Maniac left the book at the Beale house.
(d) Maniac admits he has no home.
3. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
(a) He insults McNab.
(b) He challenges McNab.
(c) He stands at the bag and waits.
(d) He takes a hat off another player.
4. What causes the red bumps to surface on Maniac's body?
(c) Chicken Pox.
(d) Poison Ivy.
5. How long does Maniac stay with his aunt and uncle?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Eight years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grayson teach Maniac after their many weeks together?
2. What does Maniac say trash words have in common with church words?
3. Who specifically has tried to untie the knot before Maniac?
4. How did the gas station attendant trick Grayson when he was a rookie?
5. What is Amanda carrying to school in her suitcase?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maniac say Amen when Grayson finishes reading his first book and what effect does it have on Grayson?
2. How is it that Maniac could have a meal at the Pickwell house and nobody questions his presence?
3. How does Maniac help others and what are his motives in doing so?
4. What is the underlying reason that Maniac wants to leave town after the incident at the fire hydrant party?
5. What is Grayson so curious about that he obviously has no understanding of during his meal with Maniac at the diner?
6. How is Maniac blind?
7. Why does Amanda think the Cobble Knot will solve Maniac's problems?
8. Right at the start of this novel, the reader knows that the main character is going to have a different life than the normal pre-teen. How so?
9. Why do Maniac and Grayson decorate a tree in the woods?
10. What does the reader learn about Maniac's personality through the scene of Mars Bar and Maniac and the candy bar?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)