|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy give to Maniac while he is untying the knot?
(a) A Devil Dog.
(b) A Butterscotch Krimpet.
(c) A Peanut Butter Kandy Kake.
(d) A Ring Ding.
2. Why does Grayson take Maniac to the equipment room?
(a) Maniac has passed out.
(b) To give Maniac a new baseball bat.
(c) To hide Maniac from the black kids.
(d) So Grayson can become famous for saving Maniac.
3. What does Maniac want to do when he finds Amanda crying on her doorstep?
(a) He wants to hug her and tell her everything will be okay.
(b) He wants to read Amanda a story.
(c) He wants to yell at all of the townspeople.
(d) He wants to bring Amanda to her mother.
4. What is Amanda carrying to school in her suitcase?
(a) A puppy.
(b) Crayons and drawing paper.
(c) A project.
5. Who is the first person to speak with Maniac in Two Mills?
(a) Amanda Beale.
(b) Brian Denehy.
(c) Arnold Jones.
(d) Jeffrey Beale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Beale get mad at Maniac the day she is making meatloaf?
2. What does John McNab do to the Green Sox team at the Little League game?
3. What happens when Maniac meets "Hands" Down?
4. Why does Maniac say Amen after Grayson finishes reading his first book?
5. What can't Maniac see about what is going on around him in chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Maniac blind?
2. What stops McNab and the Cobras from chasing Maniac after the home run hit? What does this say about the boys?
3. The fact that Maniac takes a nap during the untying of the famous knot says a lot about the way he perceives the event. What does it say?
4. Maniac's life tale may be bigger than he actually is. What begins the exaggeration in Chapter 2?
5. Why do Maniac and Grayson decorate a tree in the woods?
6. Right at the start of this novel, the reader knows that the main character is going to have a different life than the normal pre-teen. How so?
7. Why does Maniac walk right out of town after he realizes that the encyclopedia has been used for confetti?
8. What do Grayson and Maniac teach each other and how does it affect them?
9. How does Grayson handle the unconscious Maniac when he discovers him in the buffalo pen?
10. How does Grayson's background shape the man he has become today?
This section contains 1,317 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)