|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
(a) He takes a hat off another player.
(b) He insults McNab.
(c) He challenges McNab.
(d) He stands at the bag and waits.
2. Who is the first person to speak with Maniac in Two Mills?
(a) Amanda Beale.
(b) Brian Denehy.
(c) Jeffrey Beale.
(d) Arnold Jones.
3. With what does Mars Bar Thompson challenge Maniac?
(a) A neighborhood woman.
(b) A candy bar.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) His fist.
4. Why does Grayson not know how to read?
(a) He heard his teacher say he was never going to learn to read.
(b) He never went to school.
(c) His parents were drunks.
(d) He has a learning disability.
5. What does John McNab do to the Green Sox team at the Little League game?
(a) He strikes out sixteen hitters.
(b) He insults all of them with bad words.
(c) He hits them with his fastball.
(d) He throws out everyone at first base.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the high school kids do to Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Carson scratch Maniac's skin?
3. What does Maniac want to do when he finds Amanda crying on her doorstep?
4. What does Mars Bar Thompson take from Maniac?
5. What does McNab decide to do to Maniac in retaliation for the baseball incident?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amanda treat Maniac differently than everyone else in Chapter 11 and previous chapters?
2. How is the scene in the kitchen between Mrs. Beale and Maniac both ironic and symbolic?
3. What does the reader learn about Maniac's personality through the scene of Mars Bar and Maniac and the candy bar?
4. How do the McNabs show their true prejudice during Piper's birthday party?
5. Why won't Maniac go to school?
6. How does Mars Bar's rescue of Russell help change the prejudices of the town?
7. How is it that Maniac could have a meal at the Pickwell house and nobody questions his presence?
8. What heroic feats does Maniac perform for Russell and Piper?
9. What comparison does Maniac make between the Pickwells and the Beales in chapter 40?
10. In January, after Grayson's death, where does Maniac live and how does he take care of himself?
This section contains 1,356 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)