|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of story does Amanda give to Maniac?
(a) Children's Poetry.
(b) The Children's Crusade.
(c) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
(d) A book about puppies.
2. What happened to Grayson at the game against the Toledo Mud Hens?
(a) Grayson's pitching was terrible.
(b) Grayson threw a no hitter.
(c) Grayson hit Willie Mays.
(d) Grayson got hurt.
3. What doesn't Maniac do in his new home at the Beales?
(a) Sleep in his bed.
(b) Wash the dishes.
(c) Read to the children.
(d) Take out the trash.
4. What is Maniac running on that amazes the Pickwell children?
(a) The winding creek.
(b) The spear field.
(c) The steel rail of the railroad tracks.
(d) The suspension bridge.
5. What does the big black man shout about on that hot August day in chapter 17?
(a) That white people waste everything.
(b) That white people never have enough.
(c) That white people are ruining his neighborhood.
(d) That white people shouldn't swim in his water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the confetti made out of that the townspeople throw for Maniac's celebration of untying the knot?
2. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
3. What causes the red bumps to surface on Maniac's body?
4. What happens with the townspeople as Maniac walks up the middle of the street after the incident with the old man?
5. What does Maniac do for fifteen minutes before completing the knot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who saves Maniac from freezing to death and how do they go about it?
2. Chapter 14 ends with Mrs. Beale asking Maniac whether he is Maniac or not. He responds saying that he is Jeffrey. She states that in her house he will always be Jeffrey. What does this mean for the two of them?
3. Why does Maniac knowingly let the McNab boys give him crazy feats to perform?
4. Why won't Maniac go to school?
5. How does Maniac get his nickname?
6. What tale does Mars Bar tell Maniac about Russell?
7. How does Maniac manage to infuriate McNab and does he do it on purpose?
8. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
9. How does the Beale household change now that Maniac lives there?
10. How might Amanda Beale's character be a good match for Maniac?
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)