|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Hester, Lester, and Amanda keeping Maniac from going home early one morning in Chapter 17?
(a) They do not want him to see that their house has been toilet papered.
(b) They do not want him to see the big black man is at their house.
(c) They do not want him to see that the police are at their house.
(d) They do not want him to see that the house has been vandalized.
2. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
(a) Amanda takes baths again with the children.
(b) The children are better behaved.
(c) The children start to tie their own shoes.
(d) The yellow bucket is used more.
3. What do Maniac and Grayson do on Thanksgiving Day in the cold?
(a) They go watch the high school football game.
(b) They go to the zoo.
(c) They go ice-skating.
(d) They play baseball.
4. What does the neighborhood woman use to stop Mars Bar Thompson?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A stare.
(c) A call to the police.
(d) A broom and a stare.
5. What does Maniac paint on the outside of the band shell?
(a) The number 101.
(d) Beware of buffalos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people of Two Mills give Jeffrey his nickname?
2. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
3. Who saves Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
4. Which of the following is not a reason why the bigger kids from all over come to the vacant lot to see Maniac?
5. How does Maniac respond when Grayson asks him about attending school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maniac walk right out of town after he realizes that the encyclopedia has been used for confetti?
2. How do the Beale's show that they are not prejudiced people?
3. How does Maniac manage to infuriate McNab and does he do it on purpose?
4. How is the scene in the kitchen between Mrs. Beale and Maniac both ironic and symbolic?
5. What does the reader learn about Maniac's personality through the scene of Mars Bar and Maniac and the candy bar?
6. How does Maniac help others and what are his motives in doing so?
7. What is the underlying reason that Maniac wants to leave town after the incident at the fire hydrant party?
8. How does Amanda treat Maniac differently than everyone else in Chapter 11 and previous chapters?
9. What do Grayson and Maniac teach each other and how does it affect them?
10. Maniac's life tale may be bigger than he actually is. What begins the exaggeration in Chapter 2?
This section contains 1,543 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)