|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason why the bigger kids from all over come to the vacant lot to see Maniac?
(a) To test him.
(b) To tell him that he was not welcome in their town.
(c) To see if everything they heard was true.
(d) To see how good he really was.
2. What does Maniac want from Amanda at the end of Chapter 13 that she won't give him?
(a) Her forgiveness.
(b) Another one of her books.
(c) Encyclopedia A.
(d) Her bike.
3. Why doesn't Maniac go to Grayson's room at the YMCA?
(a) He doesn't want to bring trouble to the old man.
(b) He doesn't want anyone to see and recognize him.
(c) He is afraid of Grayson.
(d) He is afraid of the YMCA.
4. What did Grayson want to grow up to be?
(a) A zoo keeper.
(b) A baseball player.
(c) A park ranger.
(d) A restaurant owner.
5. What do Maniac and Grayson do right after Thanksgiving dinner?
(b) Dance the polka.
(c) Play baseball.
(d) Play cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amanda react to Mars Bar concerning the ripped book?
2. What strategy does Grayson use to help him learn to read?
3. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
4. Why does Maniac decide to leave town?
5. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is family life like at the McNabs?
2. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
3. How do Maniac and Mars Bar find their way back into each other's lives?
4. What stops McNab and the Cobras from chasing Maniac after the home run hit? What does this say about the boys?
5. What is Grayson so curious about that he obviously has no understanding of during his meal with Maniac at the diner?
6. How does the Beale household change now that Maniac lives there?
7. What part of the day does Maniac enjoy the most and why now that June was on its way?
8. How is the scene in the kitchen between Mrs. Beale and Maniac both ironic and symbolic?
9. How are the two young boys that Maniac finds in the park cabin connected to Maniac?
10. How is Maniac blind?
This section contains 1,211 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)