|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Amanda for the first and only time in Chapter 3?
(a) She lends one of her books.
(b) She is late to school.
(c) She falls in love.
(d) She trips and falls.
2. What do Maniac and Grayson do right after Thanksgiving dinner?
(a) Dance the polka.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Play baseball.
3. What does the big black man shout about on that hot August day in chapter 17?
(a) That white people never have enough.
(b) That white people are ruining his neighborhood.
(c) That white people shouldn't swim in his water.
(d) That white people waste everything.
4. What is the prize for untying the Cobble's Knot?
(a) Butterscotch Krimpets for a year.
(b) One hundred dollars worth of Cobble's groceries.
(c) Pizza for a year.
(d) Free soda when pizza is purchased for a year.
5. What kind of story does Amanda give to Maniac?
(a) A book about puppies.
(b) Children's Poetry.
(c) The Children's Crusade.
(d) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Maniac and Grayson do on Thanksgiving Day in the cold?
2. When does Maniac return to school?
3. What happens with the townspeople as Maniac walks up the middle of the street after the incident with the old man?
4. What does Maniac want to do when he finds Amanda crying on her doorstep?
5. Where does Maniac live while he stays in Two Mills?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grayson's background shape the man he has become today?
2. How is Maniac blind?
3. How does the story of Grayson't past affect Maniac?
4. How do the Beale's show that they are not prejudiced people?
5. What is the underlying reason that Maniac wants to leave town after the incident at the fire hydrant party?
6. What stops McNab and the Cobras from chasing Maniac after the home run hit? What does this say about the boys?
7. What does the reader learn about Maniac's personality through the scene of Mars Bar and Maniac and the candy bar?
8. Why won't Maniac go to school?
9. How does Maniac manage to infuriate McNab and does he do it on purpose?
10. How is the scene in the kitchen between Mrs. Beale and Maniac both ironic and symbolic?
This section contains 1,381 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)