|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people of Two Mills give Jeffrey his nickname?
(a) They think he is odd, so they give him an odd name.
(b) They say it is the name of the book that he was reading.
(c) Jeffrey tells them his nickname is Maniac.
(d) After all of Jeffrey's stunts, they figure he is a maniac.
2. What happens to Amanda for the first and only time in Chapter 3?
(a) She lends one of her books.
(b) She is late to school.
(c) She trips and falls.
(d) She falls in love.
3. What is the big question at the Pickwell dinner table on the night they eat spaghetti in Chapter 6?
(a) Who was the kid on the football field?
(b) Why are we eating spaghetti again?
(c) Who was the kid who helped Arnold Jones.
(d) Who's the extra kid at the dinner table?
4. What does Maniac ask of God on Thanksgiving Day?
(a) To let the Beales know that he is thinking of them.
(b) To let Maniac find a family to live with.
(c) To let him return to the Beales to live.
(d) To make sure his parents are at peace.
5. What can't Maniac see about what is going on around him in chapter 16?
(a) That he is no longer welcome at the Beale's home.
(b) That his skin isn't white.
(c) That some kids do not like him.
(d) That Amanda is mad at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maniac respond when Grayson asks him about attending school?
2. What does Mrs. Beale finally ask Maniac one day while he is licking icing?
3. How do the Pickwells know when it is dinnertime?
4. What do Maniac and Grayson do right after Thanksgiving dinner?
5. What does Maniac want to do when he finds Amanda crying on her doorstep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Maniac's life tale may be bigger than he actually is. What begins the exaggeration in Chapter 2?
2. Why does Maniac paint 101 on the front door of the equipment room?
3. What do Grayson and Maniac teach each other and how does it affect them?
4. How does Maniac impress the star quarterback, Brian Denehy in Chapter 4?
5. How does the story of Grayson't past affect Maniac?
6. How is Maniac blind?
7. Why do Maniac and Grayson decorate a tree in the woods?
8. How does Maniac manage to infuriate McNab and does he do it on purpose?
9. Why does Amanda think the Cobble Knot will solve Maniac's problems?
10. How does Grayson's background shape the man he has become today?
This section contains 1,324 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)