|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of story does Amanda give to Maniac?
(a) The Children's Crusade.
(b) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
(c) Children's Poetry.
(d) A book about puppies.
2. What is Maniac concerned about in regard to the book he has gotten from Amanda?
(a) If he should mend the ripped page.
(b) If he should buy another one.
(c) If he should give it to Mars Bar.
(d) If he should give it back to Amanda at all.
3. Who saves Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Finsterwald.
(c) Brian Denehy.
(d) Amanda Beale.
4. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
(a) Maniac is not on the Green Sox.
(b) He is a runt who is not on the league.
(c) He knows Maniac can hit the ball.
(d) Maniac's shoes are flapping.
5. What does Maniac want from Amanda at the end of Chapter 13 that she won't give him?
(a) Another one of her books.
(b) Her bike.
(c) Encyclopedia A.
(d) Her forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Maniac to untie the Cobble's Knot?
2. What is the confetti made out of that the townspeople throw for Maniac's celebration of untying the knot?
3. What happens to Maniac Magee's parents?
4. What does Maniac ask of God on Thanksgiving Day?
5. What is the big question at the Pickwell dinner table on the night they eat spaghetti in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maniac paint 101 on the front door of the equipment room?
2. Why does Maniac say Amen when Grayson finishes reading his first book and what effect does it have on Grayson?
3. What is Grayson so curious about that he obviously has no understanding of during his meal with Maniac at the diner?
4. How does Maniac get his nickname?
5. How does the Beale household change now that Maniac lives there?
6. How does the story of Grayson't past affect Maniac?
7. Why is the big black man so upset that Maniac is playing in the fire hydrant water?
8. What stops McNab and the Cobras from chasing Maniac after the home run hit? What does this say about the boys?
9. How might Amanda Beale's character be a good match for Maniac?
10. How does Maniac manage to infuriate McNab and does he do it on purpose?
This section contains 1,312 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)