|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Maniac Magee's parents?
(a) They die in a trolley crash.
(b) They die in a train crash.
(c) They die in a plane crash.
(d) They die in a car crash.
2. After leaving the East End, where does Maniac stay?
(a) With his aunt and uncle.
(b) Back at the deer shed.
(c) On a park bench.
(d) At the zoo with the buffalos.
3. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
(a) He insults McNab.
(b) He challenges McNab.
(c) He stands at the bag and waits.
(d) He takes a hat off another player.
4. What causes the red bumps to surface on Maniac's body?
(a) Chicken Pox.
(b) Poison Ivy.
5. After Maniac hits the ball many times, what does McNab throw?
(a) A frog.
(b) A tennis ball.
(c) A softball.
(d) A golf ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people of Two Mills give Jeffrey his nickname?
2. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
3. Where does Maniac live while he stays in Two Mills?
4. Why doesn't Maniac go to Grayson's room at the YMCA?
5. When does Maniac return to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grayson's background shape the man he has become today?
2. Maniac's life tale may be bigger than he actually is. What begins the exaggeration in Chapter 2?
3. Why won't Maniac go to school?
4. How does the story of Grayson't past affect Maniac?
5. How is it that Maniac could have a meal at the Pickwell house and nobody questions his presence?
6. How do the Beale's show that they are not prejudiced people?
7. How does the Beale household change now that Maniac lives there?
8. How is Maniac blind?
9. Why does Maniac paint 101 on the front door of the equipment room?
10. How does Grayson handle the unconscious Maniac when he discovers him in the buffalo pen?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)