|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maniac ask of God on Thanksgiving Day?
(a) To let the Beales know that he is thinking of them.
(b) To let Maniac find a family to live with.
(c) To make sure his parents are at peace.
(d) To let him return to the Beales to live.
2. What does McNab decide to do to Maniac in retaliation for the baseball incident?
(a) Become his friend.
(b) Strike him out next time.
(c) Beat him up.
(d) Tell him to leave town.
3. Which of the following is not a reason why the bigger kids from all over come to the vacant lot to see Maniac?
(a) To see if everything they heard was true.
(b) To test him.
(c) To tell him that he was not welcome in their town.
(d) To see how good he really was.
4. What happens when Maniac meets "Hands" Down?
(a) They play football together.
(b) "Hands" Down harasses Maniac for punting that first day.
(c) Maniac refuses to play football with "Hands" Down.
(d) "Hands" Down makes sure Maniac is on the other team.
5. Why does Maniac use only one hand to handle the football?
(a) He only has one hand.
(b) He is showing off.
(c) His other hand is hurt.
(d) He is holding a book with the other one.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Maniac get his schooling?
2. What kind of story does Amanda give to Maniac?
3. Why does Mrs. Beale get mad at Maniac the day she is making meatloaf?
4. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
5. Why does Grayson take Maniac to the equipment room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Maniac blind?
2. Why do Maniac and Grayson decorate a tree in the woods?
3. How does Maniac impress the star quarterback, Brian Denehy in Chapter 4?
4. How is it that Maniac could have a meal at the Pickwell house and nobody questions his presence?
5. The fact that Maniac takes a nap during the untying of the famous knot says a lot about the way he perceives the event. What does it say?
6. How might Amanda Beale's character be a good match for Maniac?
7. Why does Maniac say Amen when Grayson finishes reading his first book and what effect does it have on Grayson?
8. How does Grayson's background shape the man he has become today?
9. How does the story of Grayson't past affect Maniac?
10. Why does Amanda think the Cobble Knot will solve Maniac's problems?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)