|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maniac say to the passersby when he first runs to Two Mills?
(b) "Where am I?"
(c) "What day is it?"
(d) "Who are you?"
2. Who saves Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
(a) Brian Denehy.
(b) Mr. Finsterwald.
(c) Amanda Beale.
3. What is the confetti made out of that the townspeople throw for Maniac's celebration of untying the knot?
(a) The Children's Crusade.
(b) Lyle, Lye Crocodile.
(d) Amanda's Encyclopedia.
4. What does Maniac say trash words have in common with church words?
(d) A musical tone.
5. How does Maniac respond when Grayson asks him about attending school?
(a) Maniac says he would like to go but he never has.
(b) Maniac says he hates school and will never go back.
(c) Maniac says if he makes him go, Maniac will run away.
(d) Maniac says that school would be a good daytime home for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Brian Denehy?
2. What does the big black man shout about on that hot August day in chapter 17?
3. What happens with the townspeople as Maniac walks up the middle of the street after the incident with the old man?
4. Who is the first person to speak with Maniac in Two Mills?
5. How does Amanda react to Mars Bar concerning the ripped book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maniac paint 101 on the front door of the equipment room?
2. Chapter 14 ends with Mrs. Beale asking Maniac whether he is Maniac or not. He responds saying that he is Jeffrey. She states that in her house he will always be Jeffrey. What does this mean for the two of them?
3. Why does Maniac say Amen when Grayson finishes reading his first book and what effect does it have on Grayson?
4. How does Maniac manage to infuriate McNab and does he do it on purpose?
5. How might Amanda Beale's character be a good match for Maniac?
6. Maniac's life tale may be bigger than he actually is. What begins the exaggeration in Chapter 2?
7. How is Maniac blind?
8. Why does Amanda think the Cobble Knot will solve Maniac's problems?
9. How is the scene in the kitchen between Mrs. Beale and Maniac both ironic and symbolic?
10. How do the Beale's show that they are not prejudiced people?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)