|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Maniac to untie the Cobble's Knot?
(a) All day.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two days.
2. What can't Maniac see about what is going on around him in chapter 16?
(a) That he is no longer welcome at the Beale's home.
(b) That Amanda is mad at him.
(c) That some kids do not like him.
(d) That his skin isn't white.
3. After Maniac hits the ball many times, what does McNab throw?
(a) A golf ball.
(b) A tennis ball.
(c) A softball.
(d) A frog.
4. In what way does Maniac get his schooling?
(a) Maniac goes to school.
(b) Grayson teaches him from old books.
(c) Maniac studies in the library.
(d) He buys old books from the library.
5. Why does Maniac decide to leave town?
(a) He does not want a riot to break out.
(b) He does not like that people don't like him.
(c) He is afraid of the big black man.
(d) He does not want the Beales to get hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is such a hot August day that the kids decide to play in what?
2. What do the high school kids do to Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
3. How do Hester and Lester react to Maniac?
4. Where does Maniac live while he stays in Two Mills?
5. What kind of story does Amanda give to Maniac?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maniac manage to infuriate McNab and does he do it on purpose?
2. What is the underlying reason that Maniac wants to leave town after the incident at the fire hydrant party?
3. How does the Beale household change now that Maniac lives there?
4. How is it that Maniac could have a meal at the Pickwell house and nobody questions his presence?
5. Why won't Maniac go to school?
6. How does Maniac impress the star quarterback, Brian Denehy in Chapter 4?
7. The fact that Maniac takes a nap during the untying of the famous knot says a lot about the way he perceives the event. What does it say?
8. Why does Amanda think the Cobble Knot will solve Maniac's problems?
9. Maniac's life tale may be bigger than he actually is. What begins the exaggeration in Chapter 2?
10. Why do Maniac and Grayson decorate a tree in the woods?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)