|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maniac do as a feat with the freight train?
(a) Stand in front of it for thirty seconds.
(b) Hop on it.
(c) Get a ride without paying.
(d) Beat it to the next stop on one rail.
2. When does John believe the incident with the East Enders will happen?
(a) In the winter.
(b) In a month.
(c) In a week.
(d) In the summer.
3. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
(a) To make Mars Bar angry.
(b) To see the best the West End had to offer.
(c) For a party.
(d) They asked Maniac to bring him.
4. What story does Maniac tell to help John with his brothers?
(a) That Maniac cheated.
(b) That John had been searching for the boys.
(c) That John threw a stopball that Maniac could not hit.
(d) That Maniac really didn't hit John's fastballs.
5. Why do the other children want to touch Maniac after he speaks with whoever answered Finsterwald's door?
(a) They want to touch a famous person.
(b) They want to congratulate him.
(c) They want to see if he is cold.
(d) They think Maniac might be a ghost.
6. Amanda tells Maniac he needs to be sorry for a few things. Which does she NOT tell him to be sorry for?
(a) He didn't accept Mars Bars invitation.
(b) Mars Bar threw a ball at her bedroom window.
(c) Tricking Maniac into going to the party.
(d) She had to come to the zoo to find Maniac.
7. What won't Maniac do for food?
(a) He will not go to soup kitchens.
(b) He will not do odd jobs.
(c) He will not beg.
(d) He will not take it from the zoo.
8. What new name has Amanda given to Mars Bar?
(a) Peanut Butter Cup.
(b) Devil Dog.
9. What does Maniac do as a feat with the mysterious hole at the creek?
(a) Puts his head in it.
(b) Puts his leg in it.
(c) Puts his arm in it.
(d) Walks in it.
10. What falls out of the ceiling frightening Mars Bar badly?
(a) A Cobra.
(b) A grenade.
(d) A snake.
11. How do Maniac and Mars react to each other when they first begin running together?
(a) They challenge each other.
(b) They apologize to each other.
(c) They tell jokes.
(d) They don't speak or look at each other.
12. What last thing does Maniac do before he leaves the band shell?
(a) He destroys it.
(b) He throws out all of Grayson's belongings.
(c) He paints over the number 101.
(d) He empties it.
13. Where is Russell that Piper screams about?
(a) In a car crash.
(b) Above the trolley on a trestle.
(c) Stuck in a tree.
(d) On the railroad tracks.
14. What method does Maniac use to try to keep Russell and Piper in school after he came back to the McNabs'?
(a) He made them lunches to take with them.
(b) He organized marble tournaments during recess.
(c) He bribed them with money.
(d) He threatened them with punishments.
15. What deal does Maniac first make with the McNab boys about school?
(a) If they go, he will show Finsterwald's backyard.
(b) If they go, he will show them the shortcut to Mexico.
(c) If they go, he will feed them pizza daily.
(d) If they go, he will show them how to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two young boys in the second cabin continuously call Maniac?
2. What does Maniac make the McNab boys return to Dorsey's Grocery?
3. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
4. What does Amanda do to wake up Maniac at the zoo?
5. Where does Mars Bar take Russell after the trolley incident?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)