|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maniac give Grayson for Christmas?
(a) A new baseball.
(b) A book Maniac wrote.
(c) A chapter book.
(d) A scarf.
2. How long do Maniac and Mars Bar run together before the morning Piper comes screaming down the street?
(a) Two days.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What do Russell and Piper fear has happened to Maniac while in the East End?
(a) He has been tortured.
(b) He has decided to stay there.
(c) He has been killed.
(d) He has been kidnapped.
4. What does Maniac make the McNab boys return to Dorsey's Grocery?
(a) Twenty-five candy bars.
(b) Stolen comic books.
(c) A shopping cart.
(d) Fifty bubblegums.
5. Amanda tells Maniac he needs to be sorry for a few things. Which does she NOT tell him to be sorry for?
(a) She had to come to the zoo to find Maniac.
(b) Mars Bar threw a ball at her bedroom window.
(c) He didn't accept Mars Bars invitation.
(d) Tricking Maniac into going to the party.
6. What last thing does Maniac do before he leaves the band shell?
(a) He destroys it.
(b) He paints over the number 101.
(c) He empties it.
(d) He throws out all of Grayson's belongings.
7. What makes Maniac run from the graveyard?
(a) He is too upset over his loss.
(b) He thinks he sees a ghost.
(c) He is angry with the pallbearers.
(d) He does not want to see who is coming.
8. Where does Maniac make his bedroom now that June is almost here?
(a) The backyard of the McNabs.
(b) The backyard of the Beales.
(c) The backyard of Mars Bar.
(d) Various back porches.
9. Why does Maniac allow the McNab boys to continue asking him to do the feats?
(a) It keeps the McNab boys out of trouble.
(b) It keeps him busy.
(c) It keeps him out of trouble.
(d) It keeps them in school where they need to be.
10. How does Maniac make the deal even better for the McNab boys to go to school?
(a) He says he will knock on Finsterwald's door.
(b) He says he will eat pizza even though he is allergic.
(c) He says he will teach them how to pitch.
(d) He says he will eat five cockroaches.
11. How does Maniac feel about Mars Bar when the whole McNab birthday party situation is over?
(a) He feels proud.
(b) He feels happy.
(c) He feels angry.
(d) He feels sad.
12. What legendary feat does Mars Bar perform for the Pickwell children?
(a) Walking in front of a bus.
(b) Killing a snake with his bare hands.
(c) Stopping traffic with a glare.
(d) Stopping a train.
13. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
(a) Because he knows Mars Bar will have fun.
(b) Because he hates Mars Bar.
(c) Because he wants to scare Mars Bar.
(d) Because he wants the blacks and whites to be together.
14. What are the McNabs and Cobras building in the dining room of the McNab house?
(a) A barbeque pit.
(b) A fortress.
(c) A castle.
(d) A wall.
15. What deal does Maniac first make with the McNab boys about school?
(a) If they go, he will show Finsterwald's backyard.
(b) If they go, he will show them the shortcut to Mexico.
(c) If they go, he will show them how to read.
(d) If they go, he will feed them pizza daily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda say to Maniac about his going to her house?
2. What does Amanda do to wake up Maniac at the zoo?
3. What does Maniac do as a feat with rat-infested dump?
4. How does Maniac come to know even the people he never met in Two Mills?
5. What falls out of the ceiling frightening Mars Bar badly?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)