|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maniac make the McNab boys return to Dorsey's Grocery?
(a) A shopping cart.
(b) Stolen comic books.
(c) Twenty-five candy bars.
(d) Fifty bubblegums.
2. What last thing does Maniac do before he leaves the band shell?
(a) He throws out all of Grayson's belongings.
(b) He empties it.
(c) He destroys it.
(d) He paints over the number 101.
3. Where does Maniac sleep one night--just once in Chapter 43?
(a) In a bed.
(b) In a kitchen of a house with the door open.
(c) In a shelter.
(d) In a motel.
4. Where does Mars Bar take Russell after the trolley incident?
(a) To Amanda's home.
(b) To Russell's home.
(c) To Mars Bar's home.
(d) To the hospital.
5. What does Maniac give Grayson for Christmas?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A book Maniac wrote.
(c) A new baseball.
(d) A chapter book.
6. What new name has Amanda given to Mars Bar?
(b) Devil Dog.
(c) Peanut Butter Cup.
7. What does Maniac do after he discovers Grayson is dead?
(a) He listens to the polka.
(b) He reads to him.
(c) He runs to get help.
(d) He lays down and cries.
8. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
(a) He cannot bring himself to stay.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) The Superintendent won't let him.
(d) It is needed for the upcoming spring.
9. What does Maniac tell the McNab boys about Mexico so that they will not want to go there?
(a) There are huge bugs in Mexico.
(b) It is volcano season.
(c) There is no pizza there.
(d) Little boys are eaten there.
10. How does Mars Bar know that Maniac was not afraid at the trolley incident?
(a) Maniac was not afraid of the third rail.
(b) Maniac was not afraid of Finsterwald.
(c) Anyone who would get up in his face couldn't be afraid.
(d) Maniac was not afraid of the rats at the dump.
11. Where does Maniac sleep now that it is almost June?
(a) Usually at the lake.
(b) Mostly in the park.
(c) Wherever he ends up at the end of the day.
(d) In the zoo.
12. What does Mars Bar challenge Maniac to?
(a) A bike race.
(b) A running race.
(c) A fistfight.
(d) A boxing match.
13. What do the McNab brothers do when they discover that they were actually with Maniac--the famous guy?
(a) They tell Maniac to leave.
(b) They laugh very hard.
(c) They beat up Maniac because of what he did to John.
(d) Thye cry.
14. Where does Mars Bar find Maniac after the trolley incident?
(a) At Amanda's house.
(b) In the equipment room.
(c) With the buffalo.
(d) At Cobble's.
15. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
(a) They asked Maniac to bring him.
(b) For a party.
(c) To make Mars Bar angry.
(d) To see the best the West End had to offer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What won't Maniac do for food?
2. How long is the challenge for in Finsterwald's backyard?
3. Where have the two boys gotten their food?
4. What does Maniac do as a feat with the bison pen?
5. What deal does Maniac first make with the McNab boys about school?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)