|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maniac do after he sees Russell in trouble?
(a) He asks Mars Bar to save him.
(b) He saves him.
(c) He walks away.
(d) He runs for help.
2. What can Maniac hear even further away than before, now that he is not living in any particular home in chapter 43?
(a) Mrs. Pickwell's whistle.
(b) Kids playing in the park.
(c) Amanda's bicycle bell.
(d) The train whistle.
3. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
(a) It is needed for the upcoming spring.
(b) He cannot bring himself to stay.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) The Superintendent won't let him.
4. How many nights does Maniac stay in the cabin in Valley Forge?
5. What does Maniac experience in early July in the early mornings?
(a) He believes someone is chasing him.
(b) He believes someone is following him.
(c) He thinks he hears a baby crying.
(d) He thinks hears an animal crying.
6. What story does Maniac tell to help John with his brothers?
(a) That Maniac cheated.
(b) That Maniac really didn't hit John's fastballs.
(c) That John threw a stopball that Maniac could not hit.
(d) That John had been searching for the boys.
7. What deal does Maniac first make with the McNab boys about school?
(a) If they go, he will show them the shortcut to Mexico.
(b) If they go, he will feed them pizza daily.
(c) If they go, he will show them how to read.
(d) If they go, he will show Finsterwald's backyard.
8. What are the raisins in the McNab house?
(b) Rat feces.
(d) Cat feces.
9. Where is Russell that Piper screams about?
(a) On the railroad tracks.
(b) Stuck in a tree.
(c) Above the trolley on a trestle.
(d) In a car crash.
10. Where does Maniac sleep now that it is almost June?
(a) In the zoo.
(b) Mostly in the park.
(c) Wherever he ends up at the end of the day.
(d) Usually at the lake.
11. What does Maniac say when Amanda tells him that they are going home?
(b) "I don't want to go there."
(d) "I can't."
12. What part of the day does Maniac like best of all now that it is almost June?
(a) Evenings for the sunsets.
(b) Afternoons when everyone is around.
(c) Morning before anyone awakes.
(d) Night after everyone is asleep.
13. What last thing does Maniac do before he leaves the band shell?
(a) He destroys it.
(b) He throws out all of Grayson's belongings.
(c) He empties it.
(d) He paints over the number 101.
14. How does Maniac feel about Mars Bar when the whole McNab birthday party situation is over?
(a) He feels angry.
(b) He feels proud.
(c) He feels sad.
(d) He feels happy.
15. Where are the two boys in the second cabin going?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Maniac and Grayson go on Christmas morning?
2. How do Maniac and Mars react to each other when they first begin running together?
3. What does Russell attempt to travel with?
4. When does John believe the incident with the East Enders will happen?
5. How long is the challenge for in Finsterwald's backyard?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)