|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maniac say when Amanda tells him that they are going home?
(b) "I don't want to go there."
(c) "I can't."
2. What does George McNab say as he leaves the room the day of the party?
(a) "Let me know when it leaves."
(b) "Nobody invited you."
(c) "No Negroes are allowed in my house."
(d) "Take the black kid out of my house."
3. What are the McNabs and Cobras building in the dining room of the McNab house?
(a) A castle.
(b) A fortress.
(c) A barbeque pit.
(d) A wall.
4. What does Maniac do after he discovers Grayson is dead?
(a) He listens to the polka.
(b) He runs to get help.
(c) He lays down and cries.
(d) He reads to him.
5. What does Mars Bar challenge Maniac to?
(a) A bike race.
(b) A fistfight.
(c) A running race.
(d) A boxing match.
6. Why do Russell and Piper kick Maniac out of their house?
(a) He yelled at them.
(b) He started giving them orders.
(c) He stomped on their guns until they were plastic splinters.
(d) He told them that they could not fight anymore.
7. What do the Cobras come to do in the McNab house?
(a) Drink beer and play football.
(b) Drink soda and play football.
(c) Drink soda and play video games.
(d) Drink beer and play cards.
8. Why won't Mars Bar climb the fence where the buffalo are?
(a) He is afraid the buffalo will eat him.
(b) He is afraid of the barbed wire.
(c) He is afraid the buffalo will stomp him.
(d) He is afraid to climb.
9. What does Maniac make the McNab boys return to Dorsey's Grocery?
(a) A shopping cart.
(b) Fifty bubblegums.
(c) Twenty-five candy bars.
(d) Stolen comic books.
10. What do the Pickwells believe that Mars Bar carries with him all of the time?
(a) One hundred Milky Ways.
(b) One hundred Mars Bars.
(c) A basketball.
(d) A gun.
11. How does Maniac convince the boys to go back to Two Mills?
(a) He tells them he is a cop.
(b) He tells them he is Maniac.
(c) Free pizza.
(d) He tells them their parents are looking for them.
12. How does Maniac convince Mars Bar to go to the West End?
(a) He threatens Mars Bar.
(b) He calls Mars Bar a sissy.
(c) He tells Mars Bar that he isn't as bad as he thinks he is.
(d) He bribes Mars Bar.
13. What does Mars Bar come to ask Maniac after the trolley incident?
(a) Why Maniac would not speak to anyone after the incident.
(b) Why Maniac was crying at the trolley.
(c) Why Maniac did not help Russell.
(d) Why Maniac didn't stay after helping Russell.
14. What do the two young boys in the second cabin continuously call Maniac?
15. What do the Cobras do while Mars Bar and Maniac play games with the younger ones?
(a) They interrupt the games.
(b) They play too.
(c) They sit against the wall and watch Mars Bar.
(d) They ignore it all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Maniac bring Piper?
2. What last thing does Maniac do before he leaves the band shell?
3. Why doesn't Maniac leave the McNab boys when they drive him crazy?
4. Where does Maniac sleep one night--just once in Chapter 43?
5. How many nights does Maniac stay in the cabin in Valley Forge?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)