|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the McNab brothers do when they discover that they were actually with Maniac--the famous guy?
(a) Thye cry.
(b) They laugh very hard.
(c) They beat up Maniac because of what he did to John.
(d) They tell Maniac to leave.
2. What is Mars Bar afraid that Russell was going to do to after the trolley incident?
(a) Hit Piper.
(b) Go back to the trestle.
(d) Kiss him.
3. What are the cabins in Valley Forge?
(a) Run-down cabins from the Civil War.
(b) Replicas of army shelters.
(c) Abandoned campsites.
(d) Family-owned campgrounds.
4. Why doesn't Maniac leave the McNab boys when they drive him crazy?
(a) He is afraid that they will cry.
(b) He is afraid that they will follow him.
(c) He is afraid that they will run away again.
(d) He is afraid that they will rot completely without him.
5. What does Maniac tell Mars Bar that the structure is in the dining room of the McNab house?
(a) A bomb shelter.
(b) A playground.
(c) A castle.
(d) A tornado shelter.
6. What deal does Maniac first make with the McNab boys about school?
(a) If they go, he will show Finsterwald's backyard.
(b) If they go, he will show them the shortcut to Mexico.
(c) If they go, he will show them how to read.
(d) If they go, he will feed them pizza daily.
7. How does Maniac convince the boys to go back to Two Mills?
(a) He tells them he is a cop.
(b) He tells them their parents are looking for them.
(c) He tells them he is Maniac.
(d) Free pizza.
8. What new name has Amanda given to Mars Bar?
(a) Peanut Butter Cup.
(c) Devil Dog.
9. What does Grayson give to Maniac for Christmas?
(a) A book about Willie Mays.
(b) A bed.
(c) His old baseball glove.
(d) A cookbook.
10. Who comes running up to Maniac after the race with Mars Bar is over?
(a) "Hands" Down.
(b) Russell and Piper.
(d) Hester and Lester.
11. What does Russell attempt to travel with?
(a) A convertible.
(b) A scooter.
(c) A boat.
(d) A 3-wheeler.
12. What last thing does Maniac do before he leaves the band shell?
(a) He paints over the number 101.
(b) He destroys it.
(c) He empties it.
(d) He throws out all of Grayson's belongings.
13. What is the most perilous feat that the McNab boys ask Maniac to perform?
(a) To kill a snake.
(b) To challenge Mars Bar.
(c) To go to the East End.
(d) To play against "Hands" Down.
14. What do the Cobras do while Mars Bar and Maniac play games with the younger ones?
(a) They ignore it all.
(b) They sit against the wall and watch Mars Bar.
(c) They play too.
(d) They interrupt the games.
15. How long do Maniac and Mars Bar run together before the morning Piper comes screaming down the street?
(a) A month.
(b) Two days.
(c) A week.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda do to wake up Maniac at the zoo?
2. Where does Maniac sleep now that it is almost June?
3. Amanda tells Maniac he needs to be sorry for a few things. Which does she NOT tell him to be sorry for?
4. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
5. Where does Maniac sleep one night--just once in Chapter 43?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)