|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maniac make his bedroom now that June is almost here?
(a) The backyard of Mars Bar.
(b) The backyard of the Beales.
(c) The backyard of the McNabs.
(d) Various back porches.
2. What do Russell and Piper fear has happened to Maniac while in the East End?
(a) He has been kidnapped.
(b) He has decided to stay there.
(c) He has been tortured.
(d) He has been killed.
3. What/Who does Maniac wait for in the cabin in Valley Forge?
(b) Mr. Beale.
4. What does Maniac do after he sees Russell in trouble?
(a) He saves him.
(b) He walks away.
(c) He runs for help.
(d) He asks Mars Bar to save him.
5. What part of the day does Maniac like best of all now that it is almost June?
(a) Night after everyone is asleep.
(b) Evenings for the sunsets.
(c) Afternoons when everyone is around.
(d) Morning before anyone awakes.
6. What new item does Mars Bar show Maniac when Maniac returns to town in chapter 38?
(c) Expensive sneakers.
(d) A bike.
7. Where have the two boys gotten their food?
(a) They took it from home.
(b) They stole it.
(c) They bought it.
(d) They took it from Maniac.
8. What does Maniac do as a feat with the mysterious hole at the creek?
(a) Puts his leg in it.
(b) Puts his head in it.
(c) Walks in it.
(d) Puts his arm in it.
9. To whom are the two boys related?
(a) Mars Bar.
(b) "Hands" Down.
(c) John McNab.
(d) The man who called Maniac whitey.
10. Why does Mars Bar hate Maniac at the end of Chapter 38?
(a) Maniac humiliates him.
(b) Maniac refuses to participate.
(c) Nobody is there to see Mars Bar win.
(d) Maniac wins.
11. What does Maniac do as a feat with the freight train?
(a) Get a ride without paying.
(b) Stand in front of it for thirty seconds.
(c) Hop on it.
(d) Beat it to the next stop on one rail.
12. Why doesn't Maniac leave the McNab boys when they drive him crazy?
(a) He is afraid that they will follow him.
(b) He is afraid that they will rot completely without him.
(c) He is afraid that they will cry.
(d) He is afraid that they will run away again.
13. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
(a) It is needed for the upcoming spring.
(b) He cannot bring himself to stay.
(c) The Superintendent won't let him.
(d) It is too cold.
14. Why won't Mars Bar climb the fence where the buffalo are?
(a) He is afraid of the barbed wire.
(b) He is afraid the buffalo will eat him.
(c) He is afraid the buffalo will stomp him.
(d) He is afraid to climb.
15. What does Maniac do as a feat with rat-infested dump?
(a) Walks across it barefoot.
(b) Finds a hubcap.
(c) Crawls across it.
(d) Kills a rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maniac tell the McNab boys about Mexico so that they will not want to go there?
2. What are the cabins in Valley Forge?
3. What last thing does Maniac do before he leaves the band shell?
4. How does Maniac convince the boys to go back to Two Mills?
5. How many nights does Maniac stay in the cabin in Valley Forge?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)