|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deal does Maniac first make with the McNab boys about school?
(a) If they go, he will feed them pizza daily.
(b) If they go, he will show Finsterwald's backyard.
(c) If they go, he will show them the shortcut to Mexico.
(d) If they go, he will show them how to read.
2. What does Maniac do as a feat with the freight train?
(a) Stand in front of it for thirty seconds.
(b) Beat it to the next stop on one rail.
(c) Hop on it.
(d) Get a ride without paying.
3. How do Maniac and Mars react to each other when they first begin running together?
(a) They tell jokes.
(b) They challenge each other.
(c) They don't speak or look at each other.
(d) They apologize to each other.
4. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
(a) Because he wants to scare Mars Bar.
(b) Because he hates Mars Bar.
(c) Because he knows Mars Bar will have fun.
(d) Because he wants the blacks and whites to be together.
5. What does Mars Bar challenge Maniac to?
(a) A boxing match.
(b) A bike race.
(c) A running race.
(d) A fistfight.
6. What do Russell and Piper fear has happened to Maniac while in the East End?
(a) He has been kidnapped.
(b) He has decided to stay there.
(c) He has been tortured.
(d) He has been killed.
7. To whom are the two boys related?
(a) John McNab.
(b) The man who called Maniac whitey.
(c) "Hands" Down.
(d) Mars Bar.
8. What do the McNab brothers do when they discover that they were actually with Maniac--the famous guy?
(a) They beat up Maniac because of what he did to John.
(b) Thye cry.
(c) They laugh very hard.
(d) They tell Maniac to leave.
9. What gift does Maniac bring Piper?
(a) A watch.
(b) A compass.
(c) A baseball glove.
10. Why do Russell and Piper kick Maniac out of their house?
(a) He told them that they could not fight anymore.
(b) He yelled at them.
(c) He stomped on their guns until they were plastic splinters.
(d) He started giving them orders.
11. What do the McNabs call the thing that they are building in the dining room of the McNab house?
(a) The pillbox.
(b) Bow Wow.
12. What story does Maniac tell to help John with his brothers?
(a) That Maniac really didn't hit John's fastballs.
(b) That Maniac cheated.
(c) That John threw a stopball that Maniac could not hit.
(d) That John had been searching for the boys.
13. How long do Maniac and Mars Bar run together before the morning Piper comes screaming down the street?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
14. Why does Maniac stop crossing the Schuylkill?
(a) It reminds him of his parents' death.
(b) It is frozen and dangerous.
(c) He wants to head in a different direction.
(d) He is tired of going back and forth.
15. What does Amanda say to Maniac about his going to her house?
(a) He can't have her room this time.
(b) He has to come to the house because the little ones need him.
(c) He is more trouble outside then inside.
(d) He will sleep in the bed this time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maniac allow the McNab boys to continue asking him to do the feats?
2. Who shows up for Grayson's funeral?
3. What actually keeps the McNab boys going to school?
4. What does Amanda do to wake up Maniac at the zoo?
5. Amanda tells Maniac he needs to be sorry for a few things. Which does she NOT tell him to be sorry for?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)