|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Maniac and Grayson go on Christmas morning?
(a) To the zoo.
(b) To the Beale's house.
(c) To the baseball field.
(d) To the diner.
2. What are the McNabs and Cobras building in the dining room of the McNab house?
(a) A fortress.
(b) A barbeque pit.
(c) A wall.
(d) A castle.
3. What does Maniac do as a feat with the mysterious hole at the creek?
(a) Puts his leg in it.
(b) Walks in it.
(c) Puts his arm in it.
(d) Puts his head in it.
4. What does Grayson give to Maniac for Christmas?
(a) A book about Willie Mays.
(b) His old baseball glove.
(c) A cookbook.
(d) A bed.
5. Why do the other children want to touch Maniac after he speaks with whoever answered Finsterwald's door?
(a) They think Maniac might be a ghost.
(b) They want to see if he is cold.
(c) They want to touch a famous person.
(d) They want to congratulate him.
6. What last thing does Maniac do before he leaves the band shell?
(a) He throws out all of Grayson's belongings.
(b) He destroys it.
(c) He paints over the number 101.
(d) He empties it.
7. What are all of the boys bringing into the dining room of the McNab house?
(c) Cinder blocks.
8. Why do Russell and Piper kick Maniac out of their house?
(a) He yelled at them.
(b) He told them that they could not fight anymore.
(c) He started giving them orders.
(d) He stomped on their guns until they were plastic splinters.
9. What does Maniac tell Mars Bar that the structure is in the dining room of the McNab house?
(a) A castle.
(b) A bomb shelter.
(c) A playground.
(d) A tornado shelter.
10. Who shows up for Grayson's funeral?
(a) Maniac, the pallbearers, and the funeral man.
(b) Maniac and the minister.
(c) Maniac, pallbearers, two gravediggers, and the funeral man.
(d) Maniac and the funeral man.
11. Why does Maniac allow the McNab boys to continue asking him to do the feats?
(a) It keeps them in school where they need to be.
(b) It keeps the McNab boys out of trouble.
(c) It keeps him busy.
(d) It keeps him out of trouble.
12. Where is Russell that Piper screams about?
(a) In a car crash.
(b) Above the trolley on a trestle.
(c) Stuck in a tree.
(d) On the railroad tracks.
13. How long is the challenge for in Finsterwald's backyard?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
14. What does Mars Bar challenge Maniac to?
(a) A bike race.
(b) A fistfight.
(c) A running race.
(d) A boxing match.
15. What does the trolley remind Maniac of?
(a) His parents' death.
(b) Going home.
(c) Daredevil stunts he pulled.
(d) Traveling with his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maniac say when Amanda tells him that they are going home?
2. What do the two young boys in the second cabin continuously call Maniac?
3. When does John believe the incident with the East Enders will happen?
4. What can Maniac hear even further away than before, now that he is not living in any particular home in chapter 43?
5. What won't Maniac do for food?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)