|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many nights does Maniac stay in the cabin in Valley Forge?
2. What does Grayson give to Maniac for Christmas?
(a) His old baseball glove.
(b) A cookbook.
(c) A book about Willie Mays.
(d) A bed.
3. What does Russell attempt to travel with?
(a) A boat.
(b) A 3-wheeler.
(c) A scooter.
(d) A convertible.
4. Who shows up for Grayson's funeral?
(a) Maniac, the pallbearers, and the funeral man.
(b) Maniac and the minister.
(c) Maniac, pallbearers, two gravediggers, and the funeral man.
(d) Maniac and the funeral man.
5. Where are the two boys in the second cabin going?
6. How does Maniac come to know even the people he never met in Two Mills?
(a) By listening to people speak in the corner stores.
(b) From the things in their backyards.
(c) By listening to the stories of the children.
(d) By asking around.
7. What story does Maniac change in telling to the Pickwells?
(a) The one about "Hands" Down and the punt.
(b) The one about the fire hydrant party.
(c) The one about Maniac running backwards and beating Mars Bar.
(d) The one about Russell and the trolley.
8. How do Maniac and Mars react to each other when they first begin running together?
(a) They apologize to each other.
(b) They challenge each other.
(c) They tell jokes.
(d) They don't speak or look at each other.
9. Where does Mars Bar take Russell after the trolley incident?
(a) To Russell's home.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To Amanda's home.
(d) To Mars Bar's home.
10. What do Russell and Piper fear has happened to Maniac while in the East End?
(a) He has been tortured.
(b) He has decided to stay there.
(c) He has been killed.
(d) He has been kidnapped.
11. What does Maniac tell the McNab boys about Mexico so that they will not want to go there?
(a) There are huge bugs in Mexico.
(b) Little boys are eaten there.
(c) There is no pizza there.
(d) It is volcano season.
12. What new item does Mars Bar show Maniac when Maniac returns to town in chapter 38?
(b) A bike.
(d) Expensive sneakers.
13. What are the raisins in the McNab house?
(b) Rat feces.
(d) Cat feces.
14. To whom are the two boys related?
(a) John McNab.
(b) Mars Bar.
(c) The man who called Maniac whitey.
(d) "Hands" Down.
15. What can Maniac hear even further away than before, now that he is not living in any particular home in chapter 43?
(a) Mrs. Pickwell's whistle.
(b) The train whistle.
(c) Amanda's bicycle bell.
(d) Kids playing in the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method does Maniac use to try to keep Russell and Piper in school after he came back to the McNabs'?
2. What does Mars Bar challenge Maniac to?
3. What do the McNab brothers do when they discover that they were actually with Maniac--the famous guy?
4. What are all of the boys bringing into the dining room of the McNab house?
5. What does Amanda say to Maniac about his going to her house?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)