|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Maniac tell to help John with his brothers?
(a) That Maniac cheated.
(b) That John had been searching for the boys.
(c) That Maniac really didn't hit John's fastballs.
(d) That John threw a stopball that Maniac could not hit.
2. What won't Maniac do for food?
(a) He will not do odd jobs.
(b) He will not go to soup kitchens.
(c) He will not take it from the zoo.
(d) He will not beg.
3. How does Maniac feel about Mars Bar when the whole McNab birthday party situation is over?
(a) He feels sad.
(b) He feels angry.
(c) He feels proud.
(d) He feels happy.
4. What does Mars Bar call Maniac when they meet again in chapter 38?
5. What does Maniac do after he discovers Grayson is dead?
(a) He runs to get help.
(b) He reads to him.
(c) He lays down and cries.
(d) He listens to the polka.
6. What does Maniac do as a feat with the bison pen?
(a) Dances in front of the pen.
(b) Kisses the mother bison.
(c) Climbs the fence.
(d) Feeds the bison.
7. What are the McNabs and Cobras building in the dining room of the McNab house?
(a) A fortress.
(b) A castle.
(c) A barbeque pit.
(d) A wall.
8. What method does Maniac use to try to keep Russell and Piper in school after he came back to the McNabs'?
(a) He bribed them with money.
(b) He organized marble tournaments during recess.
(c) He threatened them with punishments.
(d) He made them lunches to take with them.
9. How does Maniac make the deal even better for the McNab boys to go to school?
(a) He says he will eat pizza even though he is allergic.
(b) He says he will eat five cockroaches.
(c) He says he will knock on Finsterwald's door.
(d) He says he will teach them how to pitch.
10. When does John believe the incident with the East Enders will happen?
(a) In the summer.
(b) In a month.
(c) In a week.
(d) In the winter.
11. What does Grayson give to Maniac for Christmas?
(a) A cookbook.
(b) A bed.
(c) His old baseball glove.
(d) A book about Willie Mays.
12. What is the most perilous feat that the McNab boys ask Maniac to perform?
(a) To challenge Mars Bar.
(b) To go to the East End.
(c) To kill a snake.
(d) To play against "Hands" Down.
13. What does Russell attempt to travel with?
(a) A boat.
(b) A convertible.
(c) A 3-wheeler.
(d) A scooter.
14. What is Mars Bar afraid that Russell was going to do to after the trolley incident?
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Hit Piper.
(d) Go back to the trestle.
15. Where are the two boys in the second cabin going?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the other children want to touch Maniac after he speaks with whoever answered Finsterwald's door?
2. What do Russell and Piper fear has happened to Maniac while in the East End?
3. How long do the feats go on for before the perilous one is asked?
4. What gift does Maniac bring Piper?
5. How long do Maniac and Mars Bar run together before the morning Piper comes screaming down the street?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)