|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
(a) He cannot bring himself to stay.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) It is needed for the upcoming spring.
(d) The Superintendent won't let him.
2. How do Maniac and Mars react to each other when they first begin running together?
(a) They tell jokes.
(b) They don't speak or look at each other.
(c) They apologize to each other.
(d) They challenge each other.
3. What does Maniac do as a feat with rat-infested dump?
(a) Kills a rat.
(b) Crawls across it.
(c) Walks across it barefoot.
(d) Finds a hubcap.
4. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
(a) They asked Maniac to bring him.
(b) For a party.
(c) To see the best the West End had to offer.
(d) To make Mars Bar angry.
5. What does Maniac have to convince John that he hadn't done after delivering back his brothers?
(a) That Maniac did not call the police on them.
(b) That Maniac did not kidnap them.
(c) That Maniac did not hurt them.
(d) That Maniac did not convince them to run away.
6. What do the Cobras come to do in the McNab house?
(a) Drink beer and play football.
(b) Drink soda and play football.
(c) Drink soda and play video games.
(d) Drink beer and play cards.
7. Amanda tells Maniac he needs to be sorry for a few things. Which does she NOT tell him to be sorry for?
(a) Tricking Maniac into going to the party.
(b) He didn't accept Mars Bars invitation.
(c) She had to come to the zoo to find Maniac.
(d) Mars Bar threw a ball at her bedroom window.
8. Why does Maniac stop crossing the Schuylkill?
(a) He is tired of going back and forth.
(b) It reminds him of his parents' death.
(c) He wants to head in a different direction.
(d) It is frozen and dangerous.
9. Where does Maniac make his bedroom now that June is almost here?
(a) The backyard of the Beales.
(b) Various back porches.
(c) The backyard of Mars Bar.
(d) The backyard of the McNabs.
10. Why do Russell and Piper kick Maniac out of their house?
(a) He stomped on their guns until they were plastic splinters.
(b) He yelled at them.
(c) He started giving them orders.
(d) He told them that they could not fight anymore.
11. What does Mars Bar challenge Maniac to?
(a) A bike race.
(b) A fistfight.
(c) A boxing match.
(d) A running race.
12. Who comes running up to Maniac after the race with Mars Bar is over?
(a) "Hands" Down.
(b) Russell and Piper.
(c) Hester and Lester.
13. What do the Cobras do while Mars Bar and Maniac play games with the younger ones?
(a) They sit against the wall and watch Mars Bar.
(b) They interrupt the games.
(c) They play too.
(d) They ignore it all.
14. How does Maniac convince Mars Bar to go to the West End?
(a) He bribes Mars Bar.
(b) He tells Mars Bar that he isn't as bad as he thinks he is.
(c) He threatens Mars Bar.
(d) He calls Mars Bar a sissy.
15. What does Russell attempt to travel with?
(a) A convertible.
(b) A boat.
(c) A scooter.
(d) A 3-wheeler.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maniac feel about Mars Bar when the whole McNab birthday party situation is over?
2. What does Maniac do as a feat with the freight train?
3. What are all of the boys bringing into the dining room of the McNab house?
4. What does Maniac tell the McNab boys about Mexico so that they will not want to go there?
5. How does Maniac make the deal even better for the McNab boys to go to school?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)