|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maniac stop crossing the Schuylkill?
(a) It is frozen and dangerous.
(b) He is tired of going back and forth.
(c) He wants to head in a different direction.
(d) It reminds him of his parents' death.
2. What does Grayson give to Maniac for Christmas?
(a) A cookbook.
(b) A bed.
(c) His old baseball glove.
(d) A book about Willie Mays.
3. Where is Russell that Piper screams about?
(a) In a car crash.
(b) Stuck in a tree.
(c) On the railroad tracks.
(d) Above the trolley on a trestle.
4. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
(a) To make Mars Bar angry.
(b) They asked Maniac to bring him.
(c) To see the best the West End had to offer.
(d) For a party.
5. What story does Maniac change in telling to the Pickwells?
(a) The one about Russell and the trolley.
(b) The one about Maniac running backwards and beating Mars Bar.
(c) The one about "Hands" Down and the punt.
(d) The one about the fire hydrant party.
6. Why does Maniac allow the McNab boys to continue asking him to do the feats?
(a) It keeps him out of trouble.
(b) It keeps him busy.
(c) It keeps the McNab boys out of trouble.
(d) It keeps them in school where they need to be.
7. What last thing does Maniac do before he leaves the band shell?
(a) He paints over the number 101.
(b) He throws out all of Grayson's belongings.
(c) He destroys it.
(d) He empties it.
8. What new item does Mars Bar show Maniac when Maniac returns to town in chapter 38?
(c) A bike.
(d) Expensive sneakers.
9. How do Maniac and Mars react to each other when they first begin running together?
(a) They don't speak or look at each other.
(b) They challenge each other.
(c) They apologize to each other.
(d) They tell jokes.
10. What does Maniac have to convince John that he hadn't done after delivering back his brothers?
(a) That Maniac did not call the police on them.
(b) That Maniac did not convince them to run away.
(c) That Maniac did not kidnap them.
(d) That Maniac did not hurt them.
11. What does John believe is going to happen at some point with the East Enders?
(a) They will murder.
(b) They will riot in the streets.
(c) They will move into the West End.
(d) They will storm the houses of the West Enders.
12. Where have the two boys gotten their food?
(a) They took it from home.
(b) They took it from Maniac.
(c) They stole it.
(d) They bought it.
13. What makes Maniac run from the graveyard?
(a) He thinks he sees a ghost.
(b) He is angry with the pallbearers.
(c) He does not want to see who is coming.
(d) He is too upset over his loss.
14. Where does Maniac sleep now that it is almost June?
(a) Wherever he ends up at the end of the day.
(b) In the zoo.
(c) Usually at the lake.
(d) Mostly in the park.
15. Why doesn't Maniac leave the McNab boys when they drive him crazy?
(a) He is afraid that they will run away again.
(b) He is afraid that they will rot completely without him.
(c) He is afraid that they will follow him.
(d) He is afraid that they will cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mars Bar call Maniac when they meet again in chapter 38?
2. What can Maniac hear even further away than before, now that he is not living in any particular home in chapter 43?
3. What do Russell and Piper fear has happened to Maniac while in the East End?
4. What does Maniac do after he sees Russell in trouble?
5. What does Maniac tell the McNab boys about Mexico so that they will not want to go there?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)