|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the challenge for in Finsterwald's backyard?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Two minutes.
(d) Thirty minutes.
2. Where does Maniac sleep one night--just once in Chapter 43?
(a) In a motel.
(b) In a kitchen of a house with the door open.
(c) In a bed.
(d) In a shelter.
3. How long do the feats go on for before the perilous one is asked?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) One month.
(d) Two months.
4. What does Maniac give Grayson for Christmas?
(a) A book Maniac wrote.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A new baseball.
(d) A chapter book.
5. What does the trolley remind Maniac of?
(a) Going home.
(b) His parents' death.
(c) Daredevil stunts he pulled.
(d) Traveling with his parents.
6. When Maniac returned to the West End in Chapter 40, where does he go first?
(a) To the McNabs' house.
(b) To the Pickwells' house.
(c) To the equipment room.
(d) To the zoo.
7. Why doesn't Maniac leave the McNab boys when they drive him crazy?
(a) He is afraid that they will follow him.
(b) He is afraid that they will cry.
(c) He is afraid that they will rot completely without him.
(d) He is afraid that they will run away again.
8. What gift does Maniac bring Piper?
(b) A baseball glove.
(c) A watch.
(d) A compass.
9. Who comes running up to Maniac after the race with Mars Bar is over?
(b) "Hands" Down.
(c) Hester and Lester.
(d) Russell and Piper.
10. What new name has Amanda given to Mars Bar?
(a) Devil Dog.
(c) Peanut Butter Cup.
11. What method does Maniac use to try to keep Russell and Piper in school after he came back to the McNabs'?
(a) He organized marble tournaments during recess.
(b) He made them lunches to take with them.
(c) He bribed them with money.
(d) He threatened them with punishments.
12. How does Mars Bar know that Maniac was not afraid at the trolley incident?
(a) Maniac was not afraid of the rats at the dump.
(b) Anyone who would get up in his face couldn't be afraid.
(c) Maniac was not afraid of Finsterwald.
(d) Maniac was not afraid of the third rail.
13. How does Maniac convince Mars Bar to go to the West End?
(a) He tells Mars Bar that he isn't as bad as he thinks he is.
(b) He threatens Mars Bar.
(c) He calls Mars Bar a sissy.
(d) He bribes Mars Bar.
14. Why do the other children want to touch Maniac after he speaks with whoever answered Finsterwald's door?
(a) They think Maniac might be a ghost.
(b) They want to see if he is cold.
(c) They want to touch a famous person.
(d) They want to congratulate him.
15. How do Maniac and Mars react to each other when they first begin running together?
(a) They don't speak or look at each other.
(b) They challenge each other.
(c) They tell jokes.
(d) They apologize to each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maniac sleep now that it is almost June?
2. What best describes the McNab house?
3. What does Mars Bar call Maniac when they meet again in chapter 38?
4. How does Maniac feel about Mars Bar when the whole McNab birthday party situation is over?
5. Where have the two boys gotten their food?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)