|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mars Bar afraid that Russell was going to do to after the trolley incident?
(a) Go back to the trestle.
(c) Hit Piper.
(d) Kiss him.
2. What/Who does Maniac wait for in the cabin in Valley Forge?
(b) Mr. Beale.
3. How does Maniac come to know even the people he never met in Two Mills?
(a) By listening to the stories of the children.
(b) By listening to people speak in the corner stores.
(c) From the things in their backyards.
(d) By asking around.
4. Where does Maniac sleep one night--just once in Chapter 43?
(a) In a shelter.
(b) In a kitchen of a house with the door open.
(c) In a bed.
(d) In a motel.
5. Why does Maniac allow the McNab boys to continue asking him to do the feats?
(a) It keeps him busy.
(b) It keeps him out of trouble.
(c) It keeps them in school where they need to be.
(d) It keeps the McNab boys out of trouble.
6. Where does Maniac sleep now that it is almost June?
(a) Mostly in the park.
(b) Usually at the lake.
(c) In the zoo.
(d) Wherever he ends up at the end of the day.
7. Why does Maniac stop crossing the Schuylkill?
(a) It reminds him of his parents' death.
(b) He is tired of going back and forth.
(c) It is frozen and dangerous.
(d) He wants to head in a different direction.
8. What legendary feat does Mars Bar perform for the Pickwell children?
(a) Stopping traffic with a glare.
(b) Walking in front of a bus.
(c) Stopping a train.
(d) Killing a snake with his bare hands.
9. What does Maniac do after he sees Russell in trouble?
(a) He asks Mars Bar to save him.
(b) He walks away.
(c) He runs for help.
(d) He saves him.
10. What do the McNabs call the thing that they are building in the dining room of the McNab house?
(a) The pillbox.
(c) Bow Wow.
11. What does Amanda say to Maniac about his going to her house?
(a) He will sleep in the bed this time.
(b) He is more trouble outside then inside.
(c) He can't have her room this time.
(d) He has to come to the house because the little ones need him.
12. What method does Maniac use to try to keep Russell and Piper in school after he came back to the McNabs'?
(a) He organized marble tournaments during recess.
(b) He bribed them with money.
(c) He threatened them with punishments.
(d) He made them lunches to take with them.
13. What actually keeps the McNab boys going to school?
(a) The attention they get from living with Maniac.
(b) John's threat.
(d) Their father's wrath.
14. What does Mars Bar come to ask Maniac after the trolley incident?
(a) Why Maniac was crying at the trolley.
(b) Why Maniac would not speak to anyone after the incident.
(c) Why Maniac didn't stay after helping Russell.
(d) Why Maniac did not help Russell.
15. Amanda tells Maniac he needs to be sorry for a few things. Which does she NOT tell him to be sorry for?
(a) He didn't accept Mars Bars invitation.
(b) Tricking Maniac into going to the party.
(c) She had to come to the zoo to find Maniac.
(d) Mars Bar threw a ball at her bedroom window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the trolley remind Maniac of?
2. What are the raisins in the McNab house?
3. How do Maniac and Mars react to each other when they first begin running together?
4. What does Amanda do to wake up Maniac at the zoo?
5. What new item does Mars Bar show Maniac when Maniac returns to town in chapter 38?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)