|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What last thing does Maniac do before he leaves the band shell?
(a) He throws out all of Grayson's belongings.
(b) He empties it.
(c) He destroys it.
(d) He paints over the number 101.
2. What are all of the boys bringing into the dining room of the McNab house?
(a) Cinder blocks.
3. What can Maniac hear even further away than before, now that he is not living in any particular home in chapter 43?
(a) Mrs. Pickwell's whistle.
(b) The train whistle.
(c) Kids playing in the park.
(d) Amanda's bicycle bell.
4. What legendary feat does Mars Bar perform for the Pickwell children?
(a) Stopping traffic with a glare.
(b) Killing a snake with his bare hands.
(c) Stopping a train.
(d) Walking in front of a bus.
5. How long do Maniac and Mars Bar run together before the morning Piper comes screaming down the street?
(a) A week.
(b) A month.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
6. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
(a) Because he wants to scare Mars Bar.
(b) Because he wants the blacks and whites to be together.
(c) Because he hates Mars Bar.
(d) Because he knows Mars Bar will have fun.
7. What does Mars Bar challenge Maniac to?
(a) A fistfight.
(b) A boxing match.
(c) A running race.
(d) A bike race.
8. Why does Mars Bar hate Maniac at the end of Chapter 38?
(a) Maniac refuses to participate.
(b) Nobody is there to see Mars Bar win.
(c) Maniac humiliates him.
(d) Maniac wins.
9. What is the most perilous feat that the McNab boys ask Maniac to perform?
(a) To go to the East End.
(b) To play against "Hands" Down.
(c) To challenge Mars Bar.
(d) To kill a snake.
10. What are the McNabs and Cobras building in the dining room of the McNab house?
(a) A barbeque pit.
(b) A castle.
(c) A fortress.
(d) A wall.
11. What/Who does Maniac wait for in the cabin in Valley Forge?
(b) Mr. Beale.
12. How does Maniac convince the boys to go back to Two Mills?
(a) He tells them their parents are looking for them.
(b) He tells them he is a cop.
(c) He tells them he is Maniac.
(d) Free pizza.
13. What story does Maniac tell to help John with his brothers?
(a) That Maniac cheated.
(b) That John had been searching for the boys.
(c) That John threw a stopball that Maniac could not hit.
(d) That Maniac really didn't hit John's fastballs.
14. What best describes the McNab house?
(a) Sloppy but clean.
(b) Well decorated.
(c) Disgustingly dirty.
(d) Slightly messy.
15. What deal does Maniac first make with the McNab boys about school?
(a) If they go, he will show them how to read.
(b) If they go, he will feed them pizza daily.
(c) If they go, he will show them the shortcut to Mexico.
(d) If they go, he will show Finsterwald's backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Pickwells believe that Mars Bar carries with him all of the time?
2. What does Mars Bar call Maniac when they meet again in chapter 38?
3. When Maniac returned to the West End in Chapter 40, where does he go first?
4. What does Amanda say to Maniac about his going to her house?
5. What new item does Mars Bar show Maniac when Maniac returns to town in chapter 38?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)