|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda say to Maniac about his going to her house?
(a) He is more trouble outside then inside.
(b) He will sleep in the bed this time.
(c) He can't have her room this time.
(d) He has to come to the house because the little ones need him.
2. What does Maniac do as a feat with rat-infested dump?
(a) Crawls across it.
(b) Walks across it barefoot.
(c) Kills a rat.
(d) Finds a hubcap.
3. What does Maniac make the McNab boys return to Dorsey's Grocery?
(a) Twenty-five candy bars.
(b) Stolen comic books.
(c) A shopping cart.
(d) Fifty bubblegums.
4. Who comes running up to Maniac after the race with Mars Bar is over?
(a) Russell and Piper.
(b) "Hands" Down.
(d) Hester and Lester.
5. What does Mars Bar challenge Maniac to?
(a) A running race.
(b) A bike race.
(c) A fistfight.
(d) A boxing match.
6. What part of the day does Maniac like best of all now that it is almost June?
(a) Evenings for the sunsets.
(b) Afternoons when everyone is around.
(c) Night after everyone is asleep.
(d) Morning before anyone awakes.
7. When does John believe the incident with the East Enders will happen?
(a) In the summer.
(b) In the winter.
(c) In a week.
(d) In a month.
8. Why do the other children want to touch Maniac after he speaks with whoever answered Finsterwald's door?
(a) They think Maniac might be a ghost.
(b) They want to congratulate him.
(c) They want to see if he is cold.
(d) They want to touch a famous person.
9. What best describes the McNab house?
(a) Disgustingly dirty.
(b) Well decorated.
(c) Slightly messy.
(d) Sloppy but clean.
10. How does Maniac make the deal even better for the McNab boys to go to school?
(a) He says he will eat pizza even though he is allergic.
(b) He says he will teach them how to pitch.
(c) He says he will knock on Finsterwald's door.
(d) He says he will eat five cockroaches.
11. What won't Maniac do for food?
(a) He will not go to soup kitchens.
(b) He will not do odd jobs.
(c) He will not beg.
(d) He will not take it from the zoo.
12. What do the Cobras come to do in the McNab house?
(a) Drink beer and play football.
(b) Drink soda and play football.
(c) Drink soda and play video games.
(d) Drink beer and play cards.
13. Why does Mars Bar hate Maniac at the end of Chapter 38?
(a) Maniac refuses to participate.
(b) Maniac humiliates him.
(c) Nobody is there to see Mars Bar win.
(d) Maniac wins.
14. What does the trolley remind Maniac of?
(a) His parents' death.
(b) Traveling with his parents.
(c) Daredevil stunts he pulled.
(d) Going home.
15. What does George McNab say as he leaves the room the day of the party?
(a) "Nobody invited you."
(b) "Let me know when it leaves."
(c) "No Negroes are allowed in my house."
(d) "Take the black kid out of my house."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mars Bar call Maniac when they meet again in chapter 38?
2. Where does Mars Bar take Russell after the trolley incident?
3. How does Maniac feel about Mars Bar when the whole McNab birthday party situation is over?
4. How does Maniac convince the boys to go back to Two Mills?
5. What does Maniac tell Mars Bar that the structure is in the dining room of the McNab house?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)