|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maniac make the McNab boys return to Dorsey's Grocery?
(a) A shopping cart.
(b) Fifty bubblegums.
(c) Stolen comic books.
(d) Twenty-five candy bars.
2. What part of the day does Maniac like best of all now that it is almost June?
(a) Evenings for the sunsets.
(b) Morning before anyone awakes.
(c) Night after everyone is asleep.
(d) Afternoons when everyone is around.
3. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
(a) They asked Maniac to bring him.
(b) For a party.
(c) To make Mars Bar angry.
(d) To see the best the West End had to offer.
4. What does Mars Bar come to ask Maniac after the trolley incident?
(a) Why Maniac was crying at the trolley.
(b) Why Maniac didn't stay after helping Russell.
(c) Why Maniac would not speak to anyone after the incident.
(d) Why Maniac did not help Russell.
5. What does Maniac do as a feat with the mysterious hole at the creek?
(a) Puts his leg in it.
(b) Walks in it.
(c) Puts his head in it.
(d) Puts his arm in it.
6. Where does Maniac make his bedroom now that June is almost here?
(a) The backyard of Mars Bar.
(b) The backyard of the Beales.
(c) The backyard of the McNabs.
(d) Various back porches.
7. What does Maniac have to convince John that he hadn't done after delivering back his brothers?
(a) That Maniac did not hurt them.
(b) That Maniac did not call the police on them.
(c) That Maniac did not kidnap them.
(d) That Maniac did not convince them to run away.
8. Why do the other children want to touch Maniac after he speaks with whoever answered Finsterwald's door?
(a) They think Maniac might be a ghost.
(b) They want to see if he is cold.
(c) They want to touch a famous person.
(d) They want to congratulate him.
9. Amanda tells Maniac he needs to be sorry for a few things. Which does she NOT tell him to be sorry for?
(a) Tricking Maniac into going to the party.
(b) She had to come to the zoo to find Maniac.
(c) Mars Bar threw a ball at her bedroom window.
(d) He didn't accept Mars Bars invitation.
10. What does Maniac tell the McNab boys about Mexico so that they will not want to go there?
(a) Little boys are eaten there.
(b) There is no pizza there.
(c) It is volcano season.
(d) There are huge bugs in Mexico.
11. What story does Maniac change in telling to the Pickwells?
(a) The one about Maniac running backwards and beating Mars Bar.
(b) The one about "Hands" Down and the punt.
(c) The one about the fire hydrant party.
(d) The one about Russell and the trolley.
12. What is the last thought that Maniac has as the book comes to a close?
(a) Finally, someone was calling him home.
(b) Finally, he does not have to sleep in a shed anymore.
(c) Finally, Amanda and Mars are friends.
(d) Finally, there will be peace in the East End.
13. What does Maniac do as a feat with the freight train?
(a) Stand in front of it for thirty seconds.
(b) Get a ride without paying.
(c) Beat it to the next stop on one rail.
(d) Hop on it.
14. What do the two young boys in the second cabin continuously call Maniac?
15. What are the raisins in the McNab house?
(c) Rat feces.
(d) Cat feces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the cabins in Valley Forge?
2. Why does Maniac allow the McNab boys to continue asking him to do the feats?
3. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
4. Where does Mars Bar find Maniac after the trolley incident?
5. What legendary feat does Mars Bar perform for the Pickwell children?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)