|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Russell that Piper screams about?
(a) Stuck in a tree.
(b) On the railroad tracks.
(c) Above the trolley on a trestle.
(d) In a car crash.
2. What makes Maniac run from the graveyard?
(a) He does not want to see who is coming.
(b) He is too upset over his loss.
(c) He thinks he sees a ghost.
(d) He is angry with the pallbearers.
3. Where does Maniac sleep one night--just once in Chapter 43?
(a) In a bed.
(b) In a kitchen of a house with the door open.
(c) In a shelter.
(d) In a motel.
4. What does Mars Bar challenge Maniac to?
(a) A bike race.
(b) A boxing match.
(c) A running race.
(d) A fistfight.
5. What does Maniac do as a feat with rat-infested dump?
(a) Finds a hubcap.
(b) Walks across it barefoot.
(c) Crawls across it.
(d) Kills a rat.
6. What do Russell and Piper fear has happened to Maniac while in the East End?
(a) He has been tortured.
(b) He has been killed.
(c) He has been kidnapped.
(d) He has decided to stay there.
7. What do the Cobras come to do in the McNab house?
(a) Drink beer and play cards.
(b) Drink beer and play football.
(c) Drink soda and play video games.
(d) Drink soda and play football.
8. When does John believe the incident with the East Enders will happen?
(a) In a month.
(b) In a week.
(c) In the winter.
(d) In the summer.
9. What does Maniac make the McNab boys return to Dorsey's Grocery?
(a) A shopping cart.
(b) Twenty-five candy bars.
(c) Fifty bubblegums.
(d) Stolen comic books.
10. Who shows up for Grayson's funeral?
(a) Maniac and the minister.
(b) Maniac, pallbearers, two gravediggers, and the funeral man.
(c) Maniac, the pallbearers, and the funeral man.
(d) Maniac and the funeral man.
11. What can Maniac hear even further away than before, now that he is not living in any particular home in chapter 43?
(a) Mrs. Pickwell's whistle.
(b) Amanda's bicycle bell.
(c) The train whistle.
(d) Kids playing in the park.
12. What does Maniac do after he discovers Grayson is dead?
(a) He reads to him.
(b) He lays down and cries.
(c) He listens to the polka.
(d) He runs to get help.
13. When Maniac returned to the West End in Chapter 40, where does he go first?
(a) To the equipment room.
(b) To the Pickwells' house.
(c) To the McNabs' house.
(d) To the zoo.
14. What new item does Mars Bar show Maniac when Maniac returns to town in chapter 38?
(b) Expensive sneakers.
(d) A bike.
15. How do Maniac and Mars react to each other when they first begin running together?
(a) They tell jokes.
(b) They challenge each other.
(c) They don't speak or look at each other.
(d) They apologize to each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Russell attempt to travel with?
2. What do the McNabs call the thing that they are building in the dining room of the McNab house?
3. How does Mars Bar know that Maniac was not afraid at the trolley incident?
4. What won't Maniac do for food?
5. Who comes running up to Maniac after the race with Mars Bar is over?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)