|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Maniac and Mars react to each other when they first begin running together?
(a) They apologize to each other.
(b) They don't speak or look at each other.
(c) They challenge each other.
(d) They tell jokes.
2. Where are the two boys in the second cabin going?
3. What is the most perilous feat that the McNab boys ask Maniac to perform?
(a) To kill a snake.
(b) To go to the East End.
(c) To challenge Mars Bar.
(d) To play against "Hands" Down.
4. When does John believe the incident with the East Enders will happen?
(a) In the winter.
(b) In the summer.
(c) In a week.
(d) In a month.
5. Where is Russell that Piper screams about?
(a) Stuck in a tree.
(b) In a car crash.
(c) Above the trolley on a trestle.
(d) On the railroad tracks.
6. Where does Mars Bar take Russell after the trolley incident?
(a) To Russell's home.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To Mars Bar's home.
(d) To Amanda's home.
7. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
(a) For a party.
(b) To see the best the West End had to offer.
(c) They asked Maniac to bring him.
(d) To make Mars Bar angry.
8. Why does Maniac bring Mars Bar to Piper's birthday party?
(a) Because he wants the blacks and whites to be together.
(b) Because he knows Mars Bar will have fun.
(c) Because he hates Mars Bar.
(d) Because he wants to scare Mars Bar.
9. What do Russell and Piper fear has happened to Maniac while in the East End?
(a) He has been tortured.
(b) He has been killed.
(c) He has been kidnapped.
(d) He has decided to stay there.
10. What is Mars Bar afraid that Russell was going to do to after the trolley incident?
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Go back to the trestle.
(d) Hit Piper.
11. What does Maniac say when Amanda tells him that they are going home?
(c) "I can't."
(d) "I don't want to go there."
12. What does Maniac tell Mars Bar that the structure is in the dining room of the McNab house?
(a) A tornado shelter.
(b) A bomb shelter.
(c) A playground.
(d) A castle.
13. What do the Cobras come to do in the McNab house?
(a) Drink beer and play cards.
(b) Drink beer and play football.
(c) Drink soda and play video games.
(d) Drink soda and play football.
14. What story does Maniac tell to help John with his brothers?
(a) That Maniac really didn't hit John's fastballs.
(b) That Maniac cheated.
(c) That John had been searching for the boys.
(d) That John threw a stopball that Maniac could not hit.
15. What does Mars Bar come to ask Maniac after the trolley incident?
(a) Why Maniac was crying at the trolley.
(b) Why Maniac did not help Russell.
(c) Why Maniac would not speak to anyone after the incident.
(d) Why Maniac didn't stay after helping Russell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mars Bar challenge Maniac to?
2. What does Maniac do as a feat with rat-infested dump?
3. What last thing does Maniac do before he leaves the band shell?
4. How does Maniac feel about Mars Bar when the whole McNab birthday party situation is over?
5. Who shows up for Grayson's funeral?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)