|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) The Superintendent won't let him.
(c) He cannot bring himself to stay.
(d) It is needed for the upcoming spring.
2. What is the most perilous feat that the McNab boys ask Maniac to perform?
(a) To kill a snake.
(b) To go to the East End.
(c) To challenge Mars Bar.
(d) To play against "Hands" Down.
3. How long is the challenge for in Finsterwald's backyard?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Ten minutes.
4. What do the Cobras do while Mars Bar and Maniac play games with the younger ones?
(a) They interrupt the games.
(b) They play too.
(c) They sit against the wall and watch Mars Bar.
(d) They ignore it all.
5. What do the Pickwells believe that Mars Bar carries with him all of the time?
(a) One hundred Mars Bars.
(b) A basketball.
(c) One hundred Milky Ways.
(d) A gun.
6. What does Maniac do as a feat with rat-infested dump?
(a) Finds a hubcap.
(b) Kills a rat.
(c) Walks across it barefoot.
(d) Crawls across it.
7. What can Maniac hear even further away than before, now that he is not living in any particular home in chapter 43?
(a) Mrs. Pickwell's whistle.
(b) The train whistle.
(c) Amanda's bicycle bell.
(d) Kids playing in the park.
8. What does Maniac tell the McNab boys about Mexico so that they will not want to go there?
(a) There is no pizza there.
(b) Little boys are eaten there.
(c) It is volcano season.
(d) There are huge bugs in Mexico.
9. What do Russell and Piper fear has happened to Maniac while in the East End?
(a) He has been killed.
(b) He has decided to stay there.
(c) He has been kidnapped.
(d) He has been tortured.
10. What does the trolley remind Maniac of?
(a) Traveling with his parents.
(b) His parents' death.
(c) Going home.
(d) Daredevil stunts he pulled.
11. What actually keeps the McNab boys going to school?
(a) The attention they get from living with Maniac.
(b) John's threat.
(d) Their father's wrath.
12. Why doesn't Maniac leave the McNab boys when they drive him crazy?
(a) He is afraid that they will run away again.
(b) He is afraid that they will cry.
(c) He is afraid that they will follow him.
(d) He is afraid that they will rot completely without him.
13. Who shows up for Grayson's funeral?
(a) Maniac, the pallbearers, and the funeral man.
(b) Maniac, pallbearers, two gravediggers, and the funeral man.
(c) Maniac and the funeral man.
(d) Maniac and the minister.
14. What are all of the boys bringing into the dining room of the McNab house?
(a) Cinder blocks.
15. How many nights does Maniac stay in the cabin in Valley Forge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Russell and Piper kick Maniac out of their house?
2. How does Mars Bar know that Maniac was not afraid at the trolley incident?
3. How does Maniac make the deal even better for the McNab boys to go to school?
4. What story does Maniac change in telling to the Pickwells?
5. What does Amanda say to Maniac about his going to her house?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)