|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maniac do as a feat with rat-infested dump?
(a) Walks across it barefoot.
(b) Finds a hubcap.
(c) Crawls across it.
(d) Kills a rat.
2. What won't Maniac do for food?
(a) He will not take it from the zoo.
(b) He will not beg.
(c) He will not do odd jobs.
(d) He will not go to soup kitchens.
3. What new name has Amanda given to Mars Bar?
(c) Devil Dog.
(d) Peanut Butter Cup.
4. When Maniac returned to the West End in Chapter 40, where does he go first?
(a) To the zoo.
(b) To the McNabs' house.
(c) To the Pickwells' house.
(d) To the equipment room.
5. What story does Maniac change in telling to the Pickwells?
(a) The one about Maniac running backwards and beating Mars Bar.
(b) The one about the fire hydrant party.
(c) The one about "Hands" Down and the punt.
(d) The one about Russell and the trolley.
6. Why do the other children want to touch Maniac after he speaks with whoever answered Finsterwald's door?
(a) They want to see if he is cold.
(b) They think Maniac might be a ghost.
(c) They want to congratulate him.
(d) They want to touch a famous person.
7. What do the Cobras do while Mars Bar and Maniac play games with the younger ones?
(a) They play too.
(b) They ignore it all.
(c) They sit against the wall and watch Mars Bar.
(d) They interrupt the games.
8. Where does Maniac make his bedroom now that June is almost here?
(a) The backyard of the McNabs.
(b) Various back porches.
(c) The backyard of Mars Bar.
(d) The backyard of the Beales.
9. Why does Maniac take Mars Bar to the Pickwells?
(a) To see the best the West End had to offer.
(b) They asked Maniac to bring him.
(c) To make Mars Bar angry.
(d) For a party.
10. What does George McNab say as he leaves the room the day of the party?
(a) "Nobody invited you."
(b) "No Negroes are allowed in my house."
(c) "Take the black kid out of my house."
(d) "Let me know when it leaves."
11. What do the two young boys in the second cabin continuously call Maniac?
12. Why won't Mars Bar climb the fence where the buffalo are?
(a) He is afraid to climb.
(b) He is afraid the buffalo will stomp him.
(c) He is afraid the buffalo will eat him.
(d) He is afraid of the barbed wire.
13. What is Mars Bar afraid that Russell was going to do to after the trolley incident?
(a) Hit Piper.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Go back to the trestle.
14. What story does Maniac tell to help John with his brothers?
(a) That Maniac really didn't hit John's fastballs.
(b) That Maniac cheated.
(c) That John had been searching for the boys.
(d) That John threw a stopball that Maniac could not hit.
15. Why doesn't Maniac leave the McNab boys when they drive him crazy?
(a) He is afraid that they will cry.
(b) He is afraid that they will follow him.
(c) He is afraid that they will rot completely without him.
(d) He is afraid that they will run away again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method does Maniac use to try to keep Russell and Piper in school after he came back to the McNabs'?
2. What does John believe is going to happen at some point with the East Enders?
3. Where do Maniac and Grayson go on Christmas morning?
4. What does Amanda do to wake up Maniac at the zoo?
5. How does Mars Bar know that Maniac was not afraid at the trolley incident?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)