|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to speak with Maniac in Two Mills?
(a) Amanda Beale.
(b) Arnold Jones.
(c) Brian Denehy.
(d) Jeffrey Beale.
2. What is the prize for untying the Cobble's Knot?
(a) Pizza for a year.
(b) One hundred dollars worth of Cobble's groceries.
(c) Butterscotch Krimpets for a year.
(d) Free soda when pizza is purchased for a year.
3. What position did Grayson play?
(a) Right Field.
(d) First Base.
4. What does the big black man shout about on that hot August day in chapter 17?
(a) That white people are ruining his neighborhood.
(b) That white people waste everything.
(c) That white people shouldn't swim in his water.
(d) That white people never have enough.
5. What is Amanda carrying to school in her suitcase?
(a) A project.
(c) A puppy.
(d) Crayons and drawing paper.
6. After Maniac hits the ball many times, what does McNab throw?
(a) A softball.
(b) A frog.
(c) A golf ball.
(d) A tennis ball.
7. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
(a) He is a runt who is not on the league.
(b) Maniac's shoes are flapping.
(c) Maniac is not on the Green Sox.
(d) He knows Maniac can hit the ball.
8. What does the neighborhood woman use to stop Mars Bar Thompson?
(a) A call to the police.
(b) A stare.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A broom and a stare.
9. Why does Grayson not know how to read?
(a) He heard his teacher say he was never going to learn to read.
(b) He never went to school.
(c) He has a learning disability.
(d) His parents were drunks.
10. In what way does Maniac get his schooling?
(a) Maniac studies in the library.
(b) Grayson teaches him from old books.
(c) He buys old books from the library.
(d) Maniac goes to school.
11. Why does Grayson take Maniac to the equipment room?
(a) Maniac has passed out.
(b) To give Maniac a new baseball bat.
(c) So Grayson can become famous for saving Maniac.
(d) To hide Maniac from the black kids.
12. It is such a hot August day that the kids decide to play in what?
(a) The pond.
(b) The fire hydrant water.
(c) The creek.
(d) The pool.
13. What is Maniac concerned about in regard to the book he has gotten from Amanda?
(a) If he should give it to Mars Bar.
(b) If he should mend the ripped page.
(c) If he should give it back to Amanda at all.
(d) If he should buy another one.
14. Why do Maniac and Grayson trim a tree in the woods?
(a) They want to liven up the woods for the animals.
(b) They still have not satisfied their need to decorate.
(c) They can't fit a tree in the equipment room.
(d) They are afraid the lights will catch fire inside.
15. What does the boy give to Maniac while he is untying the knot?
(a) A Devil Dog.
(b) A Peanut Butter Kandy Kake.
(c) A Ring Ding.
(d) A Butterscotch Krimpet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who specifically has tried to untie the knot before Maniac?
2. Who saves Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
3. What does Maniac do for fifteen minutes before completing the knot?
4. What causes the red bumps to surface on Maniac's body?
5. Who is Brian Denehy?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)