|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
(a) He knows Maniac can hit the ball.
(b) Maniac is not on the Green Sox.
(c) He is a runt who is not on the league.
(d) Maniac's shoes are flapping.
2. Why doesn't Maniac go to Grayson's room at the YMCA?
(a) He is afraid of Grayson.
(b) He doesn't want to bring trouble to the old man.
(c) He doesn't want anyone to see and recognize him.
(d) He is afraid of the YMCA.
3. What does Maniac paint on the outside of the band shell?
(c) The number 101.
(d) Beware of buffalos.
4. Why does Maniac get out of bed to go to the front door of the Beale's house?
(a) To make sure he is in the right house.
(b) To check to see if Mars Bar had followed him.
(c) To let the dog in.
(d) To memorize the numbers of his new address.
5. Why does Amanda stay up late the night of her argument with Maniac?
(a) He left and has not come home, so she waits for him.
(b) She is crying and can't sleep.
(c) She had kicked the dog and hurt him.
(d) She is too angry to sleep.
6. When does Maniac return to school?
(b) One year later.
(c) One week later.
(d) One month later.
7. What does Mars Bar Thompson take from Maniac?
(a) A football.
(b) A candy bar.
(c) Amanda's book.
(d) His hat.
8. What does John McNab do to the Green Sox team at the Little League game?
(a) He hits them with his fastball.
(b) He throws out everyone at first base.
(c) He strikes out sixteen hitters.
(d) He insults all of them with bad words.
9. What does Mr. Cobble use the knot for?
(a) To draw in business.
(b) As a site seeing object.
(c) As a conversation piece.
(d) To tie leftover string pieces.
10. What did Grayson want to grow up to be?
(a) A restaurant owner.
(b) A park ranger.
(c) A zoo keeper.
(d) A baseball player.
11. Who does Grayson say took Maniac's buffalo rag clothes away?
(a) The US Army.
(b) The street cleaners.
(c) The buffalo.
(d) The Sanitation Department.
12. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
(a) He challenges McNab.
(b) He insults McNab.
(c) He stands at the bag and waits.
(d) He takes a hat off another player.
13. What is the big question at the Pickwell dinner table on the night they eat spaghetti in Chapter 6?
(a) Why are we eating spaghetti again?
(b) Who's the extra kid at the dinner table?
(c) Who was the kid on the football field?
(d) Who was the kid who helped Arnold Jones.
14. Why does Grayson not know how to read?
(a) He has a learning disability.
(b) He heard his teacher say he was never going to learn to read.
(c) His parents were drunks.
(d) He never went to school.
15. What causes the red bumps to surface on Maniac's body?
(b) Chicken Pox.
(d) Poison Ivy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Grayson play baseball?
2. What does Maniac do for Grayson after he reads his first book?
3. How long does Maniac stay with his aunt and uncle?
4. Why does Maniac use only one hand to handle the football?
5. What does "Hands" Down do in regard to Maniac that makes the older kids upset?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)