|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maniac use only one hand to handle the football?
(a) He only has one hand.
(b) He is showing off.
(c) He is holding a book with the other one.
(d) His other hand is hurt.
2. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
(a) Why they celebrate the Fourth of July with the white people.
(b) Why they call themselves black.
(c) Why they don't come to the West End.
(d) Why they live on the East End.
3. Where does Maniac wind up after he runs from the baseball game?
(a) At the house where he ate spaghetti.
(b) In the East End of town.
(c) At Amanda's house.
(d) His shed at the zoo.
4. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
(a) Maniac is not on the Green Sox.
(b) Maniac's shoes are flapping.
(c) He knows Maniac can hit the ball.
(d) He is a runt who is not on the league.
5. With what is Finsterwald's backyard filled?
(b) Balls and Frisbees.
6. What is Maniac concerned about in regard to the book he has gotten from Amanda?
(a) If he should mend the ripped page.
(b) If he should buy another one.
(c) If he should give it back to Amanda at all.
(d) If he should give it to Mars Bar.
7. Who specifically has tried to untie the knot before Maniac?
(a) A pickpocket and a mathematician.
(b) A magician and a scientist.
(c) A magician and a pickpocket.
(d) A scientist and a mathematician.
8. What does Maniac say to the passersby when he first runs to Two Mills?
(a) "Who are you?"
(c) "Where am I?"
(d) "What day is it?"
9. What does Maniac eat at the diner?
(b) A complete meatloaf dinner.
(c) Ham and eggs.
(d) Burger and fries.
10. What is the confetti made out of that the townspeople throw for Maniac's celebration of untying the knot?
(a) Lyle, Lye Crocodile.
(c) The Children's Crusade.
(d) Amanda's Encyclopedia.
11. What happens with the townspeople as Maniac walks up the middle of the street after the incident with the old man?
(a) Whites and blacks walk together.
(b) They disperse.
(c) They fight.
(d) The whites walk up one side, the blacks up the other.
12. What position did Grayson play?
(b) First Base.
(c) Right Field.
13. Why does Maniac say Amen after Grayson finishes reading his first book?
(a) Maniac prays for Grayson to do better next time.
(b) Maniac had prayed Grayson would succeed.
(c) Maniac is glad it is over.
(d) Maniac says Amen is for when someone does something you really like.
14. What is the prize for untying the Cobble's Knot?
(a) Pizza for a year.
(b) Butterscotch Krimpets for a year.
(c) One hundred dollars worth of Cobble's groceries.
(d) Free soda when pizza is purchased for a year.
15. What does Maniac say trash words have in common with church words?
(a) A musical tone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Maniac see about what is going on around him in chapter 16?
2. Which of the following is not a reason why the bigger kids from all over come to the vacant lot to see Maniac?
3. What is the name of McNab's gang?
4. What is the first book Grayson reads cover to cover?
5. What does Mrs. Beale finally ask Maniac one day while he is licking icing?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)