|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maniac say to the passersby when he first runs to Two Mills?
(a) "Who are you?"
(b) "Where am I?"
(d) "What day is it?"
2. What is Maniac concerned about in regard to the book he has gotten from Amanda?
(a) If he should mend the ripped page.
(b) If he should give it to Mars Bar.
(c) If he should buy another one.
(d) If he should give it back to Amanda at all.
3. What happens when Maniac meets "Hands" Down?
(a) "Hands" Down harasses Maniac for punting that first day.
(b) "Hands" Down makes sure Maniac is on the other team.
(c) Maniac refuses to play football with "Hands" Down.
(d) They play football together.
4. How does Maniac respond when Grayson asks him about attending school?
(a) Maniac says he would like to go but he never has.
(b) Maniac says that school would be a good daytime home for him.
(c) Maniac says if he makes him go, Maniac will run away.
(d) Maniac says he hates school and will never go back.
5. How long does Maniac stay with his aunt and uncle?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
6. What does Maniac do for fifteen minutes before completing the knot?
(a) He takes a nap.
(b) He drinks an orange soda.
(c) He reads a book.
(d) He prays.
7. What does Grayson teach Maniac after their many weeks together?
(a) How to line a baseball diamond.
(b) How to mend fences.
(c) How to feed the buffalo.
(d) How to pitch.
8. Why doesn't Maniac go to Grayson's room at the YMCA?
(a) He doesn't want anyone to see and recognize him.
(b) He is afraid of the YMCA.
(c) He is afraid of Grayson.
(d) He doesn't want to bring trouble to the old man.
9. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
(a) The children are better behaved.
(b) The yellow bucket is used more.
(c) The children start to tie their own shoes.
(d) Amanda takes baths again with the children.
10. With what is Finsterwald's backyard filled?
(b) Balls and Frisbees.
11. What is the first book Grayson reads cover to cover?
(a) "The First Pitch".
(b) "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel".
(c) "The Little Engine That Could".
(d) "The Story of Babar".
12. Why does Maniac use only one hand to handle the football?
(a) He only has one hand.
(b) His other hand is hurt.
(c) He is showing off.
(d) He is holding a book with the other one.
13. What happens to Maniac Magee's parents?
(a) They die in a trolley crash.
(b) They die in a car crash.
(c) They die in a plane crash.
(d) They die in a train crash.
14. It is such a hot August day that the kids decide to play in what?
(a) The pond.
(b) The creek.
(c) The fire hydrant water.
(d) The pool.
15. Why does Mrs. Beale get mad at Maniac the day she is making meatloaf?
(a) He says that he does not like meatloaf.
(b) He tells her that he loves her.
(c) He spills the meatloaf on the floor.
(d) He talks trash to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Maniac and Grayson trim a tree in the woods?
2. With what does Mars Bar Thompson challenge Maniac?
3. Why do the people of Two Mills give Jeffrey his nickname?
4. Who is Brian Denehy?
5. What is the confetti made out of that the townspeople throw for Maniac's celebration of untying the knot?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)