|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't Maniac do in his new home at the Beales?
(a) Wash the dishes.
(b) Take out the trash.
(c) Read to the children.
(d) Sleep in his bed.
2. Why do Maniac and Grayson trim a tree in the woods?
(a) They are afraid the lights will catch fire inside.
(b) They want to liven up the woods for the animals.
(c) They still have not satisfied their need to decorate.
(d) They can't fit a tree in the equipment room.
3. Where did Grayson play baseball?
(a) In the Majors.
(b) In high school.
(c) In the Minors.
(d) In vacant lots.
4. Who saves Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
(a) Brian Denehy.
(b) Mr. Finsterwald.
(d) Amanda Beale.
5. How do the Pickwells know when it is dinnertime?
(a) Mrs. Pickwell hollers for them.
(b) Mrs. Pickwell whistles.
(c) Mrs. Pickwell sends the dog for them.
(d) Mrs. Pickwell rings a bell.
6. Why does Maniac use only one hand to handle the football?
(a) He is showing off.
(b) He only has one hand.
(c) He is holding a book with the other one.
(d) His other hand is hurt.
7. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
(a) The yellow bucket is used more.
(b) The children are better behaved.
(c) Amanda takes baths again with the children.
(d) The children start to tie their own shoes.
8. What is the first book Grayson reads cover to cover?
(a) "The First Pitch".
(b) "The Story of Babar".
(c) "The Little Engine That Could".
(d) "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel".
9. What can't Maniac see about what is going on around him in chapter 16?
(a) That he is no longer welcome at the Beale's home.
(b) That some kids do not like him.
(c) That Amanda is mad at him.
(d) That his skin isn't white.
10. It is such a hot August day that the kids decide to play in what?
(a) The pond.
(b) The pool.
(c) The fire hydrant water.
(d) The creek.
11. How long does it take Maniac to travel two hundred miles to Two Mills?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) One year.
12. What is the prize for untying the Cobble's Knot?
(a) Free soda when pizza is purchased for a year.
(b) One hundred dollars worth of Cobble's groceries.
(c) Pizza for a year.
(d) Butterscotch Krimpets for a year.
13. What happens with the townspeople as Maniac walks up the middle of the street after the incident with the old man?
(a) The whites walk up one side, the blacks up the other.
(b) They disperse.
(c) Whites and blacks walk together.
(d) They fight.
14. What do Maniac and Grayson do on Thanksgiving Day in the cold?
(a) They go watch the high school football game.
(b) They go to the zoo.
(c) They play baseball.
(d) They go ice-skating.
15. How long does Maniac stay with his aunt and uncle?
(a) Two years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maniac respond when Grayson asks him about attending school?
2. With what is Finsterwald's backyard filled?
3. What does John McNab do to the Green Sox team at the Little League game?
4. Who does Grayson say took Maniac's buffalo rag clothes away?
5. How does Amanda react to Mars Bar concerning the ripped book?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)