|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the neighborhood woman use to stop Mars Bar Thompson?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A broom and a stare.
(c) A call to the police.
(d) A stare.
2. What does "Hands" Down do in regard to Maniac that makes the older kids upset?
(a) He tells the older kids that Maniac does not like them.
(b) He laughs at the older kids when Maniac beats them.
(c) He laughs that Maniac is his friend and not theirs.
(d) He brags to the older kids about Maniac.
3. How long does it take Maniac to untie the Cobble's Knot?
(a) Four hours.
(b) All day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
4. Why doesn't Maniac go to Grayson's room at the YMCA?
(a) He is afraid of Grayson.
(b) He doesn't want anyone to see and recognize him.
(c) He doesn't want to bring trouble to the old man.
(d) He is afraid of the YMCA.
5. What does John McNab do to the Green Sox team at the Little League game?
(a) He throws out everyone at first base.
(b) He strikes out sixteen hitters.
(c) He hits them with his fastball.
(d) He insults all of them with bad words.
6. What is Grayson curious about that he asks Maniac while Maniac eats at the diner?
(a) How Maniac untied the Cobble's Knot.
(b) How Maniac came to live with the buffalo.
(c) How black people live.
(d) How Maniac got his name.
7. Who is Brian Denehy?
(a) The football coach.
(b) A soccer player.
(c) The star quarterback.
(d) The first person Maniac meets in Two Mills.
8. After leaving the East End, where does Maniac stay?
(a) Back at the deer shed.
(b) On a park bench.
(c) At the zoo with the buffalos.
(d) With his aunt and uncle.
9. What happens with the townspeople as Maniac walks up the middle of the street after the incident with the old man?
(a) The whites walk up one side, the blacks up the other.
(b) Whites and blacks walk together.
(c) They disperse.
(d) They fight.
10. What is Amanda carrying to school in her suitcase?
(a) A project.
(c) A puppy.
(d) Crayons and drawing paper.
11. What is the prize for untying the Cobble's Knot?
(a) Butterscotch Krimpets for a year.
(b) Free soda when pizza is purchased for a year.
(c) Pizza for a year.
(d) One hundred dollars worth of Cobble's groceries.
12. What does Mr. Cobble use the knot for?
(a) As a site seeing object.
(b) To tie leftover string pieces.
(c) To draw in business.
(d) As a conversation piece.
13. How does Amanda react to Mars Bar concerning the ripped book?
(a) She yells at him and kicks him.
(b) She helps Mars beat up Maniac.
(c) She takes the book and pedals away on her bike.
(d) She tells him to say he is sorry.
14. How does Amanda's mom act when she first meets Maniac?
(a) She is overly thrilled at meeting the famous Maniac.
(b) She continues cleaning and ignores them.
(c) She yells at them about the book being torn.
(d) She embarrasses Amanda with stories Amanda told her.
15. What does Maniac want from Amanda at the end of Chapter 13 that she won't give him?
(a) Another one of her books.
(b) Her forgiveness.
(c) Her bike.
(d) Encyclopedia A.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Maniac and Grayson trim a tree in the woods?
2. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
3. How did the gas station attendant trick Grayson when he was a rookie?
4. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
5. What does Mars Bar Thompson take from Maniac?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)