|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Maniac stay with his aunt and uncle?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Eight years.
2. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
(a) Amanda takes baths again with the children.
(b) The children start to tie their own shoes.
(c) The yellow bucket is used more.
(d) The children are better behaved.
3. Why does Maniac get out of bed to go to the front door of the Beale's house?
(a) To make sure he is in the right house.
(b) To memorize the numbers of his new address.
(c) To let the dog in.
(d) To check to see if Mars Bar had followed him.
4. What happened to Grayson at the game against the Toledo Mud Hens?
(a) Grayson hit Willie Mays.
(b) Grayson's pitching was terrible.
(c) Grayson threw a no hitter.
(d) Grayson got hurt.
5. What does Grayson teach Maniac after their many weeks together?
(a) How to line a baseball diamond.
(b) How to feed the buffalo.
(c) How to pitch.
(d) How to mend fences.
6. What causes the red bumps to surface on Maniac's body?
(c) Poison Ivy.
(d) Chicken Pox.
7. Why do Maniac and Grayson trim a tree in the woods?
(a) They can't fit a tree in the equipment room.
(b) They want to liven up the woods for the animals.
(c) They still have not satisfied their need to decorate.
(d) They are afraid the lights will catch fire inside.
8. What does Maniac want to do when he finds Amanda crying on her doorstep?
(a) He wants to yell at all of the townspeople.
(b) He wants to hug her and tell her everything will be okay.
(c) He wants to bring Amanda to her mother.
(d) He wants to read Amanda a story.
9. What does the big black man shout about on that hot August day in chapter 17?
(a) That white people waste everything.
(b) That white people shouldn't swim in his water.
(c) That white people never have enough.
(d) That white people are ruining his neighborhood.
10. What does Maniac want from Amanda at the end of Chapter 13 that she won't give him?
(a) Her bike.
(b) Another one of her books.
(c) Her forgiveness.
(d) Encyclopedia A.
11. Why does Mr. Beale make a U-turn when taking Maniac home?
(a) Maniac left the book at the Beale house.
(b) Mr. Beale won't go to the neighborhood Maniac directs him to.
(c) Maniac admits he has no home.
(d) Maniac wants to say goodnight to Hester and Lester.
12. Where does Maniac live while he stays in Two Mills?
(a) In a shed at the school.
(b) In the park.
(c) In the deer shed at the zoo.
(d) In a garage behind the restaurant.
13. What happens when Maniac meets "Hands" Down?
(a) They play football together.
(b) "Hands" Down makes sure Maniac is on the other team.
(c) Maniac refuses to play football with "Hands" Down.
(d) "Hands" Down harasses Maniac for punting that first day.
14. Who specifically has tried to untie the knot before Maniac?
(a) A pickpocket and a mathematician.
(b) A magician and a pickpocket.
(c) A magician and a scientist.
(d) A scientist and a mathematician.
15. What does Mrs. Beale finally ask Maniac one day while he is licking icing?
(a) "Where are your parents?"
(b) "Are you Maniac?"
(c) "Why don't you have a home?"
(d) "Where did you come from?"
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Hester and Lester react to Maniac?
2. What kind of story does Amanda give to Maniac?
3. What does Maniac ask of God on Thanksgiving Day?
4. Where did Grayson play baseball?
5. Who is the first person to speak with Maniac in Two Mills?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)