|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mars Bar Thompson take from Maniac?
(a) A candy bar.
(b) A football.
(c) His hat.
(d) Amanda's book.
2. What does Maniac say to the passersby when he first runs to Two Mills?
(b) "What day is it?"
(c) "Where am I?"
(d) "Who are you?"
3. What does Maniac say trash words have in common with church words?
(b) A musical tone.
4. Who specifically has tried to untie the knot before Maniac?
(a) A scientist and a mathematician.
(b) A magician and a pickpocket.
(c) A pickpocket and a mathematician.
(d) A magician and a scientist.
5. What is Maniac concerned about in regard to the book he has gotten from Amanda?
(a) If he should give it back to Amanda at all.
(b) If he should mend the ripped page.
(c) If he should give it to Mars Bar.
(d) If he should buy another one.
6. What is Maniac running on that amazes the Pickwell children?
(a) The spear field.
(b) The suspension bridge.
(c) The steel rail of the railroad tracks.
(d) The winding creek.
7. What does Mr. Cobble use the knot for?
(a) As a conversation piece.
(b) To draw in business.
(c) As a site seeing object.
(d) To tie leftover string pieces.
8. What kind of story does Amanda give to Maniac?
(a) A book about puppies.
(b) Children's Poetry.
(c) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
(d) The Children's Crusade.
9. By Christmas, where has Grayson moved?
(a) To the West End.
(b) To his own house.
(c) To his own apartment.
(d) To the band shell.
10. What is the first book Grayson reads cover to cover?
(a) "The Story of Babar".
(b) "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel".
(c) "The Little Engine That Could".
(d) "The First Pitch".
11. How long does it take Maniac to untie the Cobble's Knot?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) All day.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two days.
12. What does Maniac paint on the outside of the band shell?
(c) Beware of buffalos.
(d) The number 101.
13. After Maniac hits the ball many times, what does McNab throw?
(a) A tennis ball.
(b) A frog.
(c) A golf ball.
(d) A softball.
14. What does McNab decide to do to Maniac in retaliation for the baseball incident?
(a) Strike him out next time.
(b) Beat him up.
(c) Tell him to leave town.
(d) Become his friend.
15. What does "Hands" Down do in regard to Maniac that makes the older kids upset?
(a) He laughs at the older kids when Maniac beats them.
(b) He tells the older kids that Maniac does not like them.
(c) He laughs that Maniac is his friend and not theirs.
(d) He brags to the older kids about Maniac.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the school musical?
2. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
3. How does Amanda react to Mars Bar concerning the ripped book?
4. Where does Maniac live while he stays in Two Mills?
5. Why does Grayson take Maniac to the equipment room?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)