|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Amanda carrying to school in her suitcase?
(b) A puppy.
(c) Crayons and drawing paper.
(d) A project.
2. Which of the following is not a reason why the bigger kids from all over come to the vacant lot to see Maniac?
(a) To see if everything they heard was true.
(b) To see how good he really was.
(c) To tell him that he was not welcome in their town.
(d) To test him.
3. Why does Maniac use only one hand to handle the football?
(a) He is holding a book with the other one.
(b) He is showing off.
(c) He only has one hand.
(d) His other hand is hurt.
4. What happens to Maniac Magee's parents?
(a) They die in a trolley crash.
(b) They die in a car crash.
(c) They die in a plane crash.
(d) They die in a train crash.
5. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
6. Why does Maniac decide to leave town?
(a) He is afraid of the big black man.
(b) He does not want the Beales to get hurt.
(c) He does not want a riot to break out.
(d) He does not like that people don't like him.
7. What does the big black man shout about on that hot August day in chapter 17?
(a) That white people are ruining his neighborhood.
(b) That white people waste everything.
(c) That white people never have enough.
(d) That white people shouldn't swim in his water.
8. Where does Maniac live while he stays in Two Mills?
(a) In the deer shed at the zoo.
(b) In a shed at the school.
(c) In the park.
(d) In a garage behind the restaurant.
9. Why do Maniac and Grayson trim a tree in the woods?
(a) They are afraid the lights will catch fire inside.
(b) They still have not satisfied their need to decorate.
(c) They want to liven up the woods for the animals.
(d) They can't fit a tree in the equipment room.
10. How does Maniac respond when Grayson asks him about attending school?
(a) Maniac says that school would be a good daytime home for him.
(b) Maniac says he would like to go but he never has.
(c) Maniac says if he makes him go, Maniac will run away.
(d) Maniac says he hates school and will never go back.
11. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
(a) Maniac is not on the Green Sox.
(b) Maniac's shoes are flapping.
(c) He is a runt who is not on the league.
(d) He knows Maniac can hit the ball.
12. What happens with the townspeople as Maniac walks up the middle of the street after the incident with the old man?
(a) They fight.
(b) Whites and blacks walk together.
(c) They disperse.
(d) The whites walk up one side, the blacks up the other.
13. What is Grayson curious about that he asks Maniac while Maniac eats at the diner?
(a) How Maniac came to live with the buffalo.
(b) How Maniac untied the Cobble's Knot.
(c) How Maniac got his name.
(d) How black people live.
14. What does the neighborhood woman use to stop Mars Bar Thompson?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A call to the police.
(c) A stare.
(d) A broom and a stare.
15. What did Grayson want to grow up to be?
(a) A baseball player.
(b) A park ranger.
(c) A restaurant owner.
(d) A zoo keeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maniac get out of bed to go to the front door of the Beale's house?
2. Who does Grayson say took Maniac's buffalo rag clothes away?
3. What does Maniac paint on the outside of the band shell?
4. What happens at the school musical?
5. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)