|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maniac wind up after he runs from the baseball game?
(a) In the East End of town.
(b) At the house where he ate spaghetti.
(c) At Amanda's house.
(d) His shed at the zoo.
2. Who is Brian Denehy?
(a) The first person Maniac meets in Two Mills.
(b) A soccer player.
(c) The star quarterback.
(d) The football coach.
3. How do the Pickwells know when it is dinnertime?
(a) Mrs. Pickwell hollers for them.
(b) Mrs. Pickwell whistles.
(c) Mrs. Pickwell rings a bell.
(d) Mrs. Pickwell sends the dog for them.
4. Who is the first person to speak with Maniac in Two Mills?
(a) Jeffrey Beale.
(b) Amanda Beale.
(c) Brian Denehy.
(d) Arnold Jones.
5. Where does Maniac live while he stays in Two Mills?
(a) In a shed at the school.
(b) In a garage behind the restaurant.
(c) In the deer shed at the zoo.
(d) In the park.
6. Who does Grayson say took Maniac's buffalo rag clothes away?
(a) The buffalo.
(b) The street cleaners.
(c) The US Army.
(d) The Sanitation Department.
7. Who saves Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
(a) Amanda Beale.
(b) Brian Denehy.
(d) Mr. Finsterwald.
8. What happens to Maniac Magee's parents?
(a) They die in a plane crash.
(b) They die in a train crash.
(c) They die in a trolley crash.
(d) They die in a car crash.
9. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
10. Why doesn't Maniac go to Grayson's room at the YMCA?
(a) He doesn't want anyone to see and recognize him.
(b) He is afraid of the YMCA.
(c) He is afraid of Grayson.
(d) He doesn't want to bring trouble to the old man.
11. What happened to Grayson at the game against the Toledo Mud Hens?
(a) Grayson got hurt.
(b) Grayson hit Willie Mays.
(c) Grayson's pitching was terrible.
(d) Grayson threw a no hitter.
12. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
(a) He insults McNab.
(b) He challenges McNab.
(c) He takes a hat off another player.
(d) He stands at the bag and waits.
13. What is the confetti made out of that the townspeople throw for Maniac's celebration of untying the knot?
(a) The Children's Crusade.
(b) Amanda's Encyclopedia.
(d) Lyle, Lye Crocodile.
14. What doesn't Maniac do in his new home at the Beales?
(a) Sleep in his bed.
(b) Read to the children.
(c) Take out the trash.
(d) Wash the dishes.
15. Why does Carson scratch Maniac's skin?
(a) To see if it is dirt on his skin.
(b) To see if he is hurt under the dirt.
(c) To see if he is black under the dirt.
(d) To see if he is white under the dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Finsterwald's backyard filled?
2. How long does it take Maniac to untie the Cobble's Knot?
3. Why does Maniac use only one hand to handle the football?
4. What happens to Amanda for the first and only time in Chapter 3?
5. What is Maniac running on that amazes the Pickwell children?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)