|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maniac running on that amazes the Pickwell children?
(a) The spear field.
(b) The winding creek.
(c) The steel rail of the railroad tracks.
(d) The suspension bridge.
2. What does McNab decide to do to Maniac in retaliation for the baseball incident?
(a) Beat him up.
(b) Tell him to leave town.
(c) Strike him out next time.
(d) Become his friend.
3. Why do Maniac and Grayson trim a tree in the woods?
(a) They still have not satisfied their need to decorate.
(b) They can't fit a tree in the equipment room.
(c) They want to liven up the woods for the animals.
(d) They are afraid the lights will catch fire inside.
4. What does the neighborhood woman use to stop Mars Bar Thompson?
(a) A stare.
(b) A call to the police.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A broom and a stare.
5. What does Mrs. Beale finally ask Maniac one day while he is licking icing?
(a) "Why don't you have a home?"
(b) "Where are your parents?"
(c) "Are you Maniac?"
(d) "Where did you come from?"
6. Who is the first person to speak with Maniac in Two Mills?
(a) Jeffrey Beale.
(b) Arnold Jones.
(c) Brian Denehy.
(d) Amanda Beale.
7. What does Maniac say trash words have in common with church words?
(b) A musical tone.
8. Why does Grayson not know how to read?
(a) He has a learning disability.
(b) He never went to school.
(c) His parents were drunks.
(d) He heard his teacher say he was never going to learn to read.
9. What is Amanda carrying to school in her suitcase?
(a) A project.
(b) A puppy.
(c) Crayons and drawing paper.
10. By Christmas, where has Grayson moved?
(a) To his own house.
(b) To the band shell.
(c) To his own apartment.
(d) To the West End.
11. What strategy does Grayson use to help him learn to read?
(a) He equates reading to baseball.
(b) He memorizes a few consonants at a time.
(c) He only works with the vowels at first.
(d) He has Maniac use baseball terms.
12. What did Grayson want to grow up to be?
(a) A zoo keeper.
(b) A restaurant owner.
(c) A baseball player.
(d) A park ranger.
13. Who does Grayson say took Maniac's buffalo rag clothes away?
(a) The US Army.
(b) The street cleaners.
(c) The buffalo.
(d) The Sanitation Department.
14. Where does Maniac wind up after he runs from the baseball game?
(a) His shed at the zoo.
(b) At the house where he ate spaghetti.
(c) At Amanda's house.
(d) In the East End of town.
15. It is such a hot August day that the kids decide to play in what?
(a) The pond.
(b) The pool.
(c) The creek.
(d) The fire hydrant water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the big black man shout about on that hot August day in chapter 17?
2. Why does Mr. Beale make a U-turn when taking Maniac home?
3. When does Maniac return to school?
4. Why does Maniac say Amen after Grayson finishes reading his first book?
5. What is the name of McNab's gang?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)