|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Cobble use the knot for?
(a) To tie leftover string pieces.
(b) As a site seeing object.
(c) To draw in business.
(d) As a conversation piece.
2. What kind of story does Amanda give to Maniac?
(a) Children's Poetry.
(b) A book about puppies.
(c) The Children's Crusade.
(d) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
3. What is Amanda carrying to school in her suitcase?
(b) Crayons and drawing paper.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A project.
4. What strategy does Grayson use to help him learn to read?
(a) He only works with the vowels at first.
(b) He has Maniac use baseball terms.
(c) He equates reading to baseball.
(d) He memorizes a few consonants at a time.
5. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
(a) The children are better behaved.
(b) Amanda takes baths again with the children.
(c) The yellow bucket is used more.
(d) The children start to tie their own shoes.
6. What can't Maniac see about what is going on around him in chapter 16?
(a) That he is no longer welcome at the Beale's home.
(b) That his skin isn't white.
(c) That Amanda is mad at him.
(d) That some kids do not like him.
7. What does the neighborhood woman use to stop Mars Bar Thompson?
(a) A stare.
(b) A broom and a stare.
(c) A call to the police.
(d) A baseball bat.
8. Why does Amanda stay up late the night of her argument with Maniac?
(a) He left and has not come home, so she waits for him.
(b) She is crying and can't sleep.
(c) She is too angry to sleep.
(d) She had kicked the dog and hurt him.
9. What does Mars Bar Thompson take from Maniac?
(a) A football.
(b) A candy bar.
(c) Amanda's book.
(d) His hat.
10. What is the name of McNab's gang?
11. How does Amanda's mom act when she first meets Maniac?
(a) She embarrasses Amanda with stories Amanda told her.
(b) She continues cleaning and ignores them.
(c) She is overly thrilled at meeting the famous Maniac.
(d) She yells at them about the book being torn.
12. Why does Maniac get out of bed to go to the front door of the Beale's house?
(a) To memorize the numbers of his new address.
(b) To let the dog in.
(c) To check to see if Mars Bar had followed him.
(d) To make sure he is in the right house.
13. Who saves Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
(a) Amanda Beale.
(b) Brian Denehy.
(d) Mr. Finsterwald.
14. How long does it take Maniac to untie the Cobble's Knot?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) All day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four hours.
15. What does John McNab do to the Green Sox team at the Little League game?
(a) He insults all of them with bad words.
(b) He strikes out sixteen hitters.
(c) He throws out everyone at first base.
(d) He hits them with his fastball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maniac concerned about in regard to the book he has gotten from Amanda?
2. How long does Maniac stay with his aunt and uncle?
3. What happens with the townspeople as Maniac walks up the middle of the street after the incident with the old man?
4. How did the gas station attendant trick Grayson when he was a rookie?
5. What did Grayson want to grow up to be?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)