|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Maniac get his schooling?
(a) Grayson teaches him from old books.
(b) He buys old books from the library.
(c) Maniac studies in the library.
(d) Maniac goes to school.
2. Why do the people of Two Mills give Jeffrey his nickname?
(a) They say it is the name of the book that he was reading.
(b) After all of Jeffrey's stunts, they figure he is a maniac.
(c) They think he is odd, so they give him an odd name.
(d) Jeffrey tells them his nickname is Maniac.
3. How did the gas station attendant trick Grayson when he was a rookie?
(a) He gave Grayson the wrong directions to the field.
(b) He told Grayson that the baseball team had moved.
(c) He told Grayson that the restaurant gave a free meal to new rookies.
(d) He told Grayson that there was no gas when there was.
4. What is Maniac concerned about in regard to the book he has gotten from Amanda?
(a) If he should give it to Mars Bar.
(b) If he should mend the ripped page.
(c) If he should buy another one.
(d) If he should give it back to Amanda at all.
5. How do Hester and Lester react to Maniac?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They tell him to go away.
(c) They cry.
(d) He is their new best friend.
6. What does Maniac paint on the outside of the band shell?
(b) Beware of buffalos.
(c) The number 101.
7. How does Amanda react to Mars Bar concerning the ripped book?
(a) She helps Mars beat up Maniac.
(b) She yells at him and kicks him.
(c) She tells him to say he is sorry.
(d) She takes the book and pedals away on her bike.
8. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
9. What does the neighborhood woman use to stop Mars Bar Thompson?
(a) A broom and a stare.
(b) A stare.
(c) A call to the police.
(d) A baseball bat.
10. What does Mr. Cobble use the knot for?
(a) To tie leftover string pieces.
(b) As a site seeing object.
(c) As a conversation piece.
(d) To draw in business.
11. What causes the red bumps to surface on Maniac's body?
(a) Chicken Pox.
(c) Poison Ivy.
12. What position did Grayson play?
(b) First Base.
(d) Right Field.
13. Why does Grayson not know how to read?
(a) His parents were drunks.
(b) He never went to school.
(c) He heard his teacher say he was never going to learn to read.
(d) He has a learning disability.
14. What does the boy give to Maniac while he is untying the knot?
(a) A Peanut Butter Kandy Kake.
(b) A Ring Ding.
(c) A Devil Dog.
(d) A Butterscotch Krimpet.
15. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
(a) The yellow bucket is used more.
(b) Amanda takes baths again with the children.
(c) The children are better behaved.
(d) The children start to tie their own shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the East End, where does Maniac stay?
2. Where did Grayson play baseball?
3. How long does Maniac stay with his aunt and uncle?
4. How do the Pickwells know when it is dinnertime?
5. Why does Maniac use only one hand to handle the football?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)