|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maniac wind up after he runs from the baseball game?
(a) At Amanda's house.
(b) At the house where he ate spaghetti.
(c) His shed at the zoo.
(d) In the East End of town.
2. What does Maniac want to do when he finds Amanda crying on her doorstep?
(a) He wants to yell at all of the townspeople.
(b) He wants to bring Amanda to her mother.
(c) He wants to read Amanda a story.
(d) He wants to hug her and tell her everything will be okay.
3. What do the high school kids do to Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
(a) They throw him in a pond.
(b) They force him onto Finsterwalds' porch.
(c) They toss him over Finsterwald's fence.
(d) They shove him in a locker.
4. What happened to Grayson at the game against the Toledo Mud Hens?
(a) Grayson's pitching was terrible.
(b) Grayson hit Willie Mays.
(c) Grayson got hurt.
(d) Grayson threw a no hitter.
5. What does Mars Bar Thompson take from Maniac?
(a) Amanda's book.
(b) A football.
(c) His hat.
(d) A candy bar.
6. How long does it take Maniac to travel two hundred miles to Two Mills?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
7. Where does Maniac live while he stays in Two Mills?
(a) In the deer shed at the zoo.
(b) In a garage behind the restaurant.
(c) In the park.
(d) In a shed at the school.
8. What is Amanda carrying to school in her suitcase?
(a) Crayons and drawing paper.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A project.
9. What happens when Maniac meets "Hands" Down?
(a) Maniac refuses to play football with "Hands" Down.
(b) "Hands" Down harasses Maniac for punting that first day.
(c) They play football together.
(d) "Hands" Down makes sure Maniac is on the other team.
10. Why do the people of Two Mills give Jeffrey his nickname?
(a) They say it is the name of the book that he was reading.
(b) After all of Jeffrey's stunts, they figure he is a maniac.
(c) They think he is odd, so they give him an odd name.
(d) Jeffrey tells them his nickname is Maniac.
11. What can't Maniac see about what is going on around him in chapter 16?
(a) That some kids do not like him.
(b) That Amanda is mad at him.
(c) That he is no longer welcome at the Beale's home.
(d) That his skin isn't white.
12. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
(a) He knows Maniac can hit the ball.
(b) He is a runt who is not on the league.
(c) Maniac's shoes are flapping.
(d) Maniac is not on the Green Sox.
13. Why does Maniac say Amen after Grayson finishes reading his first book?
(a) Maniac had prayed Grayson would succeed.
(b) Maniac prays for Grayson to do better next time.
(c) Maniac is glad it is over.
(d) Maniac says Amen is for when someone does something you really like.
14. What strategy does Grayson use to help him learn to read?
(a) He only works with the vowels at first.
(b) He equates reading to baseball.
(c) He memorizes a few consonants at a time.
(d) He has Maniac use baseball terms.
15. It is such a hot August day that the kids decide to play in what?
(a) The pond.
(b) The pool.
(c) The fire hydrant water.
(d) The creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with the townspeople as Maniac walks up the middle of the street after the incident with the old man?
2. What happens to Maniac Magee's parents?
3. With what does Mars Bar Thompson challenge Maniac?
4. What is the name of McNab's gang?
5. What doesn't Maniac do in his new home at the Beales?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)