|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maniac wind up after he runs from the baseball game?
(a) At the house where he ate spaghetti.
(b) At Amanda's house.
(c) His shed at the zoo.
(d) In the East End of town.
2. How does Amanda's mom act when she first meets Maniac?
(a) She embarrasses Amanda with stories Amanda told her.
(b) She yells at them about the book being torn.
(c) She continues cleaning and ignores them.
(d) She is overly thrilled at meeting the famous Maniac.
3. Why does Maniac decide to leave town?
(a) He does not like that people don't like him.
(b) He is afraid of the big black man.
(c) He does not want the Beales to get hurt.
(d) He does not want a riot to break out.
4. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
5. It is such a hot August day that the kids decide to play in what?
(a) The fire hydrant water.
(b) The pond.
(c) The pool.
(d) The creek.
6. What happens at the school musical?
(a) Maniac sings badly.
(b) Maniac screams for a long time.
(c) Aunt Dot asks Uncle Dan for a divorce.
(d) Manaic sings beautifully.
7. What does Mrs. Beale finally ask Maniac one day while he is licking icing?
(a) "Are you Maniac?"
(b) "Where are your parents?"
(c) "Where did you come from?"
(d) "Why don't you have a home?"
8. What is the big question at the Pickwell dinner table on the night they eat spaghetti in Chapter 6?
(a) Who was the kid who helped Arnold Jones.
(b) Who's the extra kid at the dinner table?
(c) Who was the kid on the football field?
(d) Why are we eating spaghetti again?
9. Who specifically has tried to untie the knot before Maniac?
(a) A magician and a pickpocket.
(b) A magician and a scientist.
(c) A pickpocket and a mathematician.
(d) A scientist and a mathematician.
10. Who is Brian Denehy?
(a) The first person Maniac meets in Two Mills.
(b) The star quarterback.
(c) The football coach.
(d) A soccer player.
11. What do Maniac and Grayson do on Thanksgiving Day in the cold?
(a) They go to the zoo.
(b) They play baseball.
(c) They go watch the high school football game.
(d) They go ice-skating.
12. What happens to Amanda for the first and only time in Chapter 3?
(a) She falls in love.
(b) She lends one of her books.
(c) She is late to school.
(d) She trips and falls.
13. What is the name of McNab's gang?
14. Why does Grayson take Maniac to the equipment room?
(a) To give Maniac a new baseball bat.
(b) To hide Maniac from the black kids.
(c) So Grayson can become famous for saving Maniac.
(d) Maniac has passed out.
15. Why does Mr. Beale make a U-turn when taking Maniac home?
(a) Maniac wants to say goodnight to Hester and Lester.
(b) Maniac left the book at the Beale house.
(c) Maniac admits he has no home.
(d) Mr. Beale won't go to the neighborhood Maniac directs him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Hester, Lester, and Amanda keeping Maniac from going home early one morning in Chapter 17?
2. By Christmas, where has Grayson moved?
3. Where did Grayson play baseball?
4. What does Maniac want from Amanda at the end of Chapter 13 that she won't give him?
5. What do Grayson and Maniac buy at Woolworths?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)