|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Amanda's mom act when she first meets Maniac?
(a) She is overly thrilled at meeting the famous Maniac.
(b) She embarrasses Amanda with stories Amanda told her.
(c) She yells at them about the book being torn.
(d) She continues cleaning and ignores them.
2. After leaving the East End, where does Maniac stay?
(a) At the zoo with the buffalos.
(b) On a park bench.
(c) With his aunt and uncle.
(d) Back at the deer shed.
3. How did the gas station attendant trick Grayson when he was a rookie?
(a) He told Grayson that the restaurant gave a free meal to new rookies.
(b) He gave Grayson the wrong directions to the field.
(c) He told Grayson that the baseball team had moved.
(d) He told Grayson that there was no gas when there was.
4. What position did Grayson play?
(a) First Base.
(b) Right Field.
5. Where does Maniac live while he stays in Two Mills?
(a) In a garage behind the restaurant.
(b) In the deer shed at the zoo.
(c) In the park.
(d) In a shed at the school.
6. What is the name of McNab's gang?
7. What do Maniac and Grayson do right after Thanksgiving dinner?
(b) Play cards.
(c) Play baseball.
(d) Dance the polka.
8. What does Maniac do for Grayson after he reads his first book?
(a) Maniac takes him out to dinner.
(b) Maniac gives him another book.
(c) Maniac sends him home.
(d) Maniac cooks for him.
9. Why does Maniac say Amen after Grayson finishes reading his first book?
(a) Maniac had prayed Grayson would succeed.
(b) Maniac says Amen is for when someone does something you really like.
(c) Maniac is glad it is over.
(d) Maniac prays for Grayson to do better next time.
10. What is Maniac running on that amazes the Pickwell children?
(a) The steel rail of the railroad tracks.
(b) The spear field.
(c) The suspension bridge.
(d) The winding creek.
11. Who is the first person to speak with Maniac in Two Mills?
(a) Brian Denehy.
(b) Amanda Beale.
(c) Jeffrey Beale.
(d) Arnold Jones.
12. What doesn't Maniac do in his new home at the Beales?
(a) Read to the children.
(b) Take out the trash.
(c) Wash the dishes.
(d) Sleep in his bed.
13. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
14. What does Maniac eat at the diner?
(a) Burger and fries.
(b) A complete meatloaf dinner.
(d) Ham and eggs.
15. What is the prize for untying the Cobble's Knot?
(a) One hundred dollars worth of Cobble's groceries.
(b) Butterscotch Krimpets for a year.
(c) Pizza for a year.
(d) Free soda when pizza is purchased for a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Maniac hits the ball many times, what does McNab throw?
2. Why does Mr. Beale make a U-turn when taking Maniac home?
3. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
4. What is the confetti made out of that the townspeople throw for Maniac's celebration of untying the knot?
5. What is Amanda carrying to school in her suitcase?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)