|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maniac do for fifteen minutes before completing the knot?
(a) He drinks an orange soda.
(b) He prays.
(c) He takes a nap.
(d) He reads a book.
2. Who is Brian Denehy?
(a) The football coach.
(b) The first person Maniac meets in Two Mills.
(c) The star quarterback.
(d) A soccer player.
3. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
(a) Amanda takes baths again with the children.
(b) The yellow bucket is used more.
(c) The children are better behaved.
(d) The children start to tie their own shoes.
4. Why does Maniac use only one hand to handle the football?
(a) His other hand is hurt.
(b) He is holding a book with the other one.
(c) He only has one hand.
(d) He is showing off.
5. What causes the red bumps to surface on Maniac's body?
(a) Poison Ivy.
(d) Chicken Pox.
6. Where did Grayson play baseball?
(a) In the Majors.
(b) In the Minors.
(c) In high school.
(d) In vacant lots.
7. Why does Grayson take Maniac to the equipment room?
(a) Maniac has passed out.
(b) To hide Maniac from the black kids.
(c) So Grayson can become famous for saving Maniac.
(d) To give Maniac a new baseball bat.
8. What do the high school kids do to Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
(a) They throw him in a pond.
(b) They shove him in a locker.
(c) They force him onto Finsterwalds' porch.
(d) They toss him over Finsterwald's fence.
9. How long does Maniac stay with his aunt and uncle?
(a) Two years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
10. Why does Maniac get out of bed to go to the front door of the Beale's house?
(a) To let the dog in.
(b) To memorize the numbers of his new address.
(c) To make sure he is in the right house.
(d) To check to see if Mars Bar had followed him.
11. What position did Grayson play?
(b) Right Field.
(c) First Base.
12. What do Maniac and Grayson do on Thanksgiving Day in the cold?
(a) They play baseball.
(b) They go watch the high school football game.
(c) They go to the zoo.
(d) They go ice-skating.
13. How does Amanda react to Mars Bar concerning the ripped book?
(a) She yells at him and kicks him.
(b) She helps Mars beat up Maniac.
(c) She takes the book and pedals away on her bike.
(d) She tells him to say he is sorry.
14. Who is the first person to speak with Maniac in Two Mills?
(a) Amanda Beale.
(b) Arnold Jones.
(c) Jeffrey Beale.
(d) Brian Denehy.
15. It is such a hot August day that the kids decide to play in what?
(a) The pond.
(b) The creek.
(c) The pool.
(d) The fire hydrant water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Maniac to travel two hundred miles to Two Mills?
2. What does Maniac do for Grayson after he reads his first book?
3. Why does Maniac decide to leave town?
4. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
5. After Maniac hits the ball many times, what does McNab throw?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)