|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Maniac to travel two hundred miles to Two Mills?
(a) One day.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
2. What happens at the school musical?
(a) Manaic sings beautifully.
(b) Aunt Dot asks Uncle Dan for a divorce.
(c) Maniac sings badly.
(d) Maniac screams for a long time.
3. Who is the first person to speak with Maniac in Two Mills?
(a) Jeffrey Beale.
(b) Arnold Jones.
(c) Amanda Beale.
(d) Brian Denehy.
4. What doesn't Maniac do in his new home at the Beales?
(a) Take out the trash.
(b) Read to the children.
(c) Wash the dishes.
(d) Sleep in his bed.
5. Why does Maniac decide to leave town?
(a) He is afraid of the big black man.
(b) He does not like that people don't like him.
(c) He does not want the Beales to get hurt.
(d) He does not want a riot to break out.
6. It is such a hot August day that the kids decide to play in what?
(a) The creek.
(b) The pool.
(c) The pond.
(d) The fire hydrant water.
7. What does Mr. Cobble use the knot for?
(a) To draw in business.
(b) As a conversation piece.
(c) As a site seeing object.
(d) To tie leftover string pieces.
8. What happens to Amanda for the first and only time in Chapter 3?
(a) She lends one of her books.
(b) She is late to school.
(c) She trips and falls.
(d) She falls in love.
9. Why does Mr. Beale make a U-turn when taking Maniac home?
(a) Maniac left the book at the Beale house.
(b) Maniac wants to say goodnight to Hester and Lester.
(c) Mr. Beale won't go to the neighborhood Maniac directs him to.
(d) Maniac admits he has no home.
10. With what does Mars Bar Thompson challenge Maniac?
(a) His fist.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A candy bar.
(d) A neighborhood woman.
11. Why doesn't Maniac go to Grayson's room at the YMCA?
(a) He doesn't want anyone to see and recognize him.
(b) He doesn't want to bring trouble to the old man.
(c) He is afraid of Grayson.
(d) He is afraid of the YMCA.
12. What can't Maniac see about what is going on around him in chapter 16?
(a) That Amanda is mad at him.
(b) That he is no longer welcome at the Beale's home.
(c) That his skin isn't white.
(d) That some kids do not like him.
13. What is the confetti made out of that the townspeople throw for Maniac's celebration of untying the knot?
(b) Amanda's Encyclopedia.
(c) Lyle, Lye Crocodile.
(d) The Children's Crusade.
14. What is Grayson curious about that he asks Maniac while Maniac eats at the diner?
(a) How Maniac came to live with the buffalo.
(b) How Maniac got his name.
(c) How black people live.
(d) How Maniac untied the Cobble's Knot.
15. What do the high school kids do to Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
(a) They throw him in a pond.
(b) They shove him in a locker.
(c) They force him onto Finsterwalds' porch.
(d) They toss him over Finsterwald's fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the red bumps to surface on Maniac's body?
2. Which of the following is not a reason why the bigger kids from all over come to the vacant lot to see Maniac?
3. What is the big question at the Pickwell dinner table on the night they eat spaghetti in Chapter 6?
4. Why do the people of Two Mills give Jeffrey his nickname?
5. After leaving the East End, where does Maniac stay?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)