|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Maniac stay with his aunt and uncle?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Ten years.
2. What do Maniac and Grayson do on Thanksgiving Day in the cold?
(a) They play baseball.
(b) They go ice-skating.
(c) They go to the zoo.
(d) They go watch the high school football game.
3. Why does Maniac get out of bed to go to the front door of the Beale's house?
(a) To check to see if Mars Bar had followed him.
(b) To let the dog in.
(c) To memorize the numbers of his new address.
(d) To make sure he is in the right house.
4. What is the prize for untying the Cobble's Knot?
(a) One hundred dollars worth of Cobble's groceries.
(b) Butterscotch Krimpets for a year.
(c) Free soda when pizza is purchased for a year.
(d) Pizza for a year.
5. What does Mrs. Beale finally ask Maniac one day while he is licking icing?
(a) "Where did you come from?"
(b) "Are you Maniac?"
(c) "Where are your parents?"
(d) "Why don't you have a home?"
6. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
(a) Why they live on the East End.
(b) Why they celebrate the Fourth of July with the white people.
(c) Why they call themselves black.
(d) Why they don't come to the West End.
7. Why does Mrs. Beale get mad at Maniac the day she is making meatloaf?
(a) He tells her that he loves her.
(b) He spills the meatloaf on the floor.
(c) He says that he does not like meatloaf.
(d) He talks trash to her.
8. What does John McNab do to the Green Sox team at the Little League game?
(a) He insults all of them with bad words.
(b) He throws out everyone at first base.
(c) He hits them with his fastball.
(d) He strikes out sixteen hitters.
9. What does "Hands" Down do in regard to Maniac that makes the older kids upset?
(a) He brags to the older kids about Maniac.
(b) He laughs that Maniac is his friend and not theirs.
(c) He tells the older kids that Maniac does not like them.
(d) He laughs at the older kids when Maniac beats them.
10. What does Maniac do for Grayson after he reads his first book?
(a) Maniac takes him out to dinner.
(b) Maniac sends him home.
(c) Maniac gives him another book.
(d) Maniac cooks for him.
11. What does Maniac want from Amanda at the end of Chapter 13 that she won't give him?
(a) Encyclopedia A.
(b) Her forgiveness.
(c) Another one of her books.
(d) Her bike.
12. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
(a) The children start to tie their own shoes.
(b) Amanda takes baths again with the children.
(c) The children are better behaved.
(d) The yellow bucket is used more.
13. After Maniac hits the ball many times, what does McNab throw?
(a) A frog.
(b) A tennis ball.
(c) A softball.
(d) A golf ball.
14. What happened to Grayson at the game against the Toledo Mud Hens?
(a) Grayson's pitching was terrible.
(b) Grayson threw a no hitter.
(c) Grayson got hurt.
(d) Grayson hit Willie Mays.
15. What do the high school kids do to Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
(a) They force him onto Finsterwalds' porch.
(b) They toss him over Finsterwald's fence.
(c) They throw him in a pond.
(d) They shove him in a locker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Brian Denehy?
2. What is the first book Grayson reads cover to cover?
3. Where does Maniac live while he stays in Two Mills?
4. What does Mars Bar Thompson take from Maniac?
5. What do Grayson and Maniac buy at Woolworths?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)