|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy give to Maniac while he is untying the knot?
(a) A Devil Dog.
(b) A Ring Ding.
(c) A Butterscotch Krimpet.
(d) A Peanut Butter Kandy Kake.
2. Why does Maniac decide to leave town?
(a) He does not want a riot to break out.
(b) He is afraid of the big black man.
(c) He does not like that people don't like him.
(d) He does not want the Beales to get hurt.
3. What does Maniac eat at the diner?
(a) Ham and eggs.
(b) Burger and fries.
(c) A complete meatloaf dinner.
4. What does Maniac say to the passersby when he first runs to Two Mills?
(a) "What day is it?"
(b) "Where am I?"
(d) "Who are you?"
5. After Maniac hits the ball many times, what does McNab throw?
(a) A softball.
(b) A tennis ball.
(c) A golf ball.
(d) A frog.
6. Why does Grayson not know how to read?
(a) His parents were drunks.
(b) He never went to school.
(c) He heard his teacher say he was never going to learn to read.
(d) He has a learning disability.
7. Which of the following is not a reason why the bigger kids from all over come to the vacant lot to see Maniac?
(a) To tell him that he was not welcome in their town.
(b) To test him.
(c) To see if everything they heard was true.
(d) To see how good he really was.
8. How do the Pickwells know when it is dinnertime?
(a) Mrs. Pickwell hollers for them.
(b) Mrs. Pickwell whistles.
(c) Mrs. Pickwell rings a bell.
(d) Mrs. Pickwell sends the dog for them.
9. What does Maniac do for fifteen minutes before completing the knot?
(a) He drinks an orange soda.
(b) He prays.
(c) He takes a nap.
(d) He reads a book.
10. What is the name of McNab's gang?
11. Why do Maniac and Grayson trim a tree in the woods?
(a) They can't fit a tree in the equipment room.
(b) They want to liven up the woods for the animals.
(c) They are afraid the lights will catch fire inside.
(d) They still have not satisfied their need to decorate.
12. What happened to Grayson at the game against the Toledo Mud Hens?
(a) Grayson threw a no hitter.
(b) Grayson got hurt.
(c) Grayson's pitching was terrible.
(d) Grayson hit Willie Mays.
13. What does Maniac say trash words have in common with church words?
(a) A musical tone.
14. What did Grayson want to grow up to be?
(a) A restaurant owner.
(b) A zoo keeper.
(c) A baseball player.
(d) A park ranger.
15. How long does it take Maniac to travel two hundred miles to Two Mills?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
2. What do the high school kids do to Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
3. How does Maniac respond when Grayson asks him about attending school?
4. What is the prize for untying the Cobble's Knot?
5. What does Maniac want from Amanda at the end of Chapter 13 that she won't give him?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)