|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Hester, Lester, and Amanda keeping Maniac from going home early one morning in Chapter 17?
(a) They do not want him to see that the police are at their house.
(b) They do not want him to see that the house has been vandalized.
(c) They do not want him to see that their house has been toilet papered.
(d) They do not want him to see the big black man is at their house.
2. What do the high school kids do to Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
(a) They toss him over Finsterwald's fence.
(b) They shove him in a locker.
(c) They force him onto Finsterwalds' porch.
(d) They throw him in a pond.
3. What happens when Maniac meets "Hands" Down?
(a) Maniac refuses to play football with "Hands" Down.
(b) They play football together.
(c) "Hands" Down harasses Maniac for punting that first day.
(d) "Hands" Down makes sure Maniac is on the other team.
4. Why does Mr. Beale make a U-turn when taking Maniac home?
(a) Mr. Beale won't go to the neighborhood Maniac directs him to.
(b) Maniac admits he has no home.
(c) Maniac left the book at the Beale house.
(d) Maniac wants to say goodnight to Hester and Lester.
5. What is the first book Grayson reads cover to cover?
(a) "The Little Engine That Could".
(b) "The Story of Babar".
(c) "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel".
(d) "The First Pitch".
6. What is the prize for untying the Cobble's Knot?
(a) One hundred dollars worth of Cobble's groceries.
(b) Free soda when pizza is purchased for a year.
(c) Pizza for a year.
(d) Butterscotch Krimpets for a year.
7. Why do the people of Two Mills give Jeffrey his nickname?
(a) They say it is the name of the book that he was reading.
(b) Jeffrey tells them his nickname is Maniac.
(c) After all of Jeffrey's stunts, they figure he is a maniac.
(d) They think he is odd, so they give him an odd name.
8. With what is Finsterwald's backyard filled?
(c) Balls and Frisbees.
9. Why does Carson scratch Maniac's skin?
(a) To see if he is hurt under the dirt.
(b) To see if he is black under the dirt.
(c) To see if it is dirt on his skin.
(d) To see if he is white under the dirt.
10. What can't Maniac see about what is going on around him in chapter 16?
(a) That his skin isn't white.
(b) That he is no longer welcome at the Beale's home.
(c) That Amanda is mad at him.
(d) That some kids do not like him.
11. How does Amanda react to Mars Bar concerning the ripped book?
(a) She helps Mars beat up Maniac.
(b) She takes the book and pedals away on her bike.
(c) She tells him to say he is sorry.
(d) She yells at him and kicks him.
12. What does Mr. Cobble use the knot for?
(a) To tie leftover string pieces.
(b) To draw in business.
(c) As a site seeing object.
(d) As a conversation piece.
13. Where does Maniac live while he stays in Two Mills?
(a) In the deer shed at the zoo.
(b) In a shed at the school.
(c) In the park.
(d) In a garage behind the restaurant.
14. How did the gas station attendant trick Grayson when he was a rookie?
(a) He told Grayson that the baseball team had moved.
(b) He told Grayson that there was no gas when there was.
(c) He told Grayson that the restaurant gave a free meal to new rookies.
(d) He gave Grayson the wrong directions to the field.
15. Who specifically has tried to untie the knot before Maniac?
(a) A magician and a scientist.
(b) A pickpocket and a mathematician.
(c) A magician and a pickpocket.
(d) A scientist and a mathematician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Maniac and Grayson trim a tree in the woods?
2. What do Maniac and Grayson do right after Thanksgiving dinner?
3. Who saves Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
4. Who does Grayson say took Maniac's buffalo rag clothes away?
5. What does Maniac say trash words have in common with church words?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)