|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
(a) Maniac is not on the Green Sox.
(b) He knows Maniac can hit the ball.
(c) Maniac's shoes are flapping.
(d) He is a runt who is not on the league.
2. What does Maniac say to the passersby when he first runs to Two Mills?
(a) "Where am I?"
(b) "What day is it?"
(c) "Who are you?"
3. Why does Maniac decide to leave town?
(a) He is afraid of the big black man.
(b) He does not like that people don't like him.
(c) He does not want the Beales to get hurt.
(d) He does not want a riot to break out.
4. What does Maniac say trash words have in common with church words?
(c) A musical tone.
5. How did the gas station attendant trick Grayson when he was a rookie?
(a) He told Grayson that the restaurant gave a free meal to new rookies.
(b) He told Grayson that there was no gas when there was.
(c) He told Grayson that the baseball team had moved.
(d) He gave Grayson the wrong directions to the field.
6. Why does Grayson not know how to read?
(a) He never went to school.
(b) He has a learning disability.
(c) He heard his teacher say he was never going to learn to read.
(d) His parents were drunks.
7. How do Hester and Lester react to Maniac?
(a) They tell him to go away.
(b) He is their new best friend.
(c) They cry.
(d) They ignore him.
8. How long does it take Maniac to untie the Cobble's Knot?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Two days.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) All day.
9. What is the big question at the Pickwell dinner table on the night they eat spaghetti in Chapter 6?
(a) Who was the kid who helped Arnold Jones.
(b) Who's the extra kid at the dinner table?
(c) Why are we eating spaghetti again?
(d) Who was the kid on the football field?
10. What does Maniac paint on the outside of the band shell?
(a) The number 101.
(d) Beware of buffalos.
11. What happens when Maniac meets "Hands" Down?
(a) Maniac refuses to play football with "Hands" Down.
(b) They play football together.
(c) "Hands" Down harasses Maniac for punting that first day.
(d) "Hands" Down makes sure Maniac is on the other team.
12. Why does Maniac use only one hand to handle the football?
(a) His other hand is hurt.
(b) He is showing off.
(c) He only has one hand.
(d) He is holding a book with the other one.
13. It is such a hot August day that the kids decide to play in what?
(a) The pond.
(b) The creek.
(c) The pool.
(d) The fire hydrant water.
14. What do Maniac and Grayson do on Thanksgiving Day in the cold?
(a) They go watch the high school football game.
(b) They go to the zoo.
(c) They play baseball.
(d) They go ice-skating.
15. What does the boy give to Maniac while he is untying the knot?
(a) A Devil Dog.
(b) A Butterscotch Krimpet.
(c) A Ring Ding.
(d) A Peanut Butter Kandy Kake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maniac running on that amazes the Pickwell children?
2. What does Maniac ask of God on Thanksgiving Day?
3. How does Amanda's mom act when she first meets Maniac?
4. Who specifically has tried to untie the knot before Maniac?
5. What does "Hands" Down do in regard to Maniac that makes the older kids upset?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)