|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Amanda carrying to school in her suitcase?
(b) Crayons and drawing paper.
(c) A project.
(d) A puppy.
2. How do Hester and Lester react to Maniac?
(a) He is their new best friend.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They cry.
(d) They tell him to go away.
3. Why doesn't Maniac go to Grayson's room at the YMCA?
(a) He doesn't want to bring trouble to the old man.
(b) He doesn't want anyone to see and recognize him.
(c) He is afraid of the YMCA.
(d) He is afraid of Grayson.
4. What is the confetti made out of that the townspeople throw for Maniac's celebration of untying the knot?
(a) The Children's Crusade.
(b) Amanda's Encyclopedia.
(d) Lyle, Lye Crocodile.
5. What is Maniac running on that amazes the Pickwell children?
(a) The steel rail of the railroad tracks.
(b) The suspension bridge.
(c) The spear field.
(d) The winding creek.
6. When does Maniac return to school?
(a) One month later.
(c) One year later.
(d) One week later.
7. Why does Amanda stay up late the night of her argument with Maniac?
(a) She had kicked the dog and hurt him.
(b) He left and has not come home, so she waits for him.
(c) She is too angry to sleep.
(d) She is crying and can't sleep.
8. What does the neighborhood woman use to stop Mars Bar Thompson?
(a) A broom and a stare.
(b) A stare.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A call to the police.
9. What does Maniac say trash words have in common with church words?
(d) A musical tone.
10. Why does Mrs. Beale get mad at Maniac the day she is making meatloaf?
(a) He tells her that he loves her.
(b) He says that he does not like meatloaf.
(c) He spills the meatloaf on the floor.
(d) He talks trash to her.
11. Who is Brian Denehy?
(a) The first person Maniac meets in Two Mills.
(b) A soccer player.
(c) The football coach.
(d) The star quarterback.
12. How long does Maniac stay with his aunt and uncle?
(a) Two years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Eight years.
13. How long does it take Maniac to travel two hundred miles to Two Mills?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) One day.
14. How does Amanda's mom act when she first meets Maniac?
(a) She embarrasses Amanda with stories Amanda told her.
(b) She yells at them about the book being torn.
(c) She continues cleaning and ignores them.
(d) She is overly thrilled at meeting the famous Maniac.
15. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
(a) Why they live on the East End.
(b) Why they celebrate the Fourth of July with the white people.
(c) Why they call themselves black.
(d) Why they don't come to the West End.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of McNab's gang?
2. Why does Grayson not know how to read?
3. Where does Maniac live while he stays in Two Mills?
4. What happens with the townspeople as Maniac walks up the middle of the street after the incident with the old man?
5. What does John McNab do to the Green Sox team at the Little League game?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)