Short Essay Questions
1. Right at the start of this novel, the reader knows that the main character is going to have a different life than the normal pre-teen. How so?
2. Maniac's life tale may be bigger than he actually is. What begins the exaggeration in Chapter 2?
3. How might Amanda Beale's character be a good match for Maniac?
4. How does Maniac impress the star quarterback, Brian Denehy in Chapter 4?
5. How does Maniac help others and what are his motives in doing so?
6. How is it that Maniac could have a meal at the Pickwell house and nobody questions his presence?
7. How does Maniac manage to infuriate McNab and does he do it on purpose?
8. How does Maniac get his nickname?
9. What stops McNab and the Cobras from chasing Maniac after the home run hit? What does this say about the boys?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)