|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
(a) Why they don't come to the West End.
(b) Why they celebrate the Fourth of July with the white people.
(c) Why they call themselves black.
(d) Why they live on the East End.
2. Why does Mr. Beale make a U-turn when taking Maniac home?
(a) Maniac left the book at the Beale house.
(b) Maniac admits he has no home.
(c) Mr. Beale won't go to the neighborhood Maniac directs him to.
(d) Maniac wants to say goodnight to Hester and Lester.
3. What does Mr. Cobble use the knot for?
(a) To draw in business.
(b) As a conversation piece.
(c) To tie leftover string pieces.
(d) As a site seeing object.
4. What does Maniac say trash words have in common with church words?
(c) A musical tone.
5. Where does Maniac sleep one night--just once in Chapter 43?
(a) In a bed.
(b) In a shelter.
(c) In a kitchen of a house with the door open.
(d) In a motel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy does Grayson use to help him learn to read?
2. What does John McNab do to the Green Sox team at the Little League game?
3. What does McNab decide to do to Maniac in retaliation for the baseball incident?
4. Why do Maniac and Grayson trim a tree in the woods?
5. What does Maniac do as a feat with the mysterious hole at the creek?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)