|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What falls out of the ceiling frightening Mars Bar badly?
(a) A grenade.
(b) A snake.
(c) A Cobra.
2. Why does Mr. Beale make a U-turn when taking Maniac home?
(a) Mr. Beale won't go to the neighborhood Maniac directs him to.
(b) Maniac admits he has no home.
(c) Maniac left the book at the Beale house.
(d) Maniac wants to say goodnight to Hester and Lester.
3. How does Maniac come to know even the people he never met in Two Mills?
(a) From the things in their backyards.
(b) By asking around.
(c) By listening to the stories of the children.
(d) By listening to people speak in the corner stores.
4. What does George McNab say as he leaves the room the day of the party?
(a) "No Negroes are allowed in my house."
(b) "Nobody invited you."
(c) "Take the black kid out of my house."
(d) "Let me know when it leaves."
5. Why does Amanda stay up late the night of her argument with Maniac?
(a) She is too angry to sleep.
(b) She had kicked the dog and hurt him.
(c) He left and has not come home, so she waits for him.
(d) She is crying and can't sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McNab decide to do to Maniac in retaliation for the baseball incident?
2. What does Maniac do as a feat with the mysterious hole at the creek?
3. What do Maniac and Grayson do on Thanksgiving Day in the cold?
4. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
5. What does Maniac tell the McNab boys about Mexico so that they will not want to go there?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)