|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
2. What is Maniac concerned about in regard to the book he has gotten from Amanda?
(a) If he should buy another one.
(b) If he should give it to Mars Bar.
(c) If he should mend the ripped page.
(d) If he should give it back to Amanda at all.
3. What can Maniac hear even further away than before, now that he is not living in any particular home in chapter 43?
(a) The train whistle.
(b) Mrs. Pickwell's whistle.
(c) Amanda's bicycle bell.
(d) Kids playing in the park.
4. Why do the people of Two Mills give Jeffrey his nickname?
(a) Jeffrey tells them his nickname is Maniac.
(b) They say it is the name of the book that he was reading.
(c) After all of Jeffrey's stunts, they figure he is a maniac.
(d) They think he is odd, so they give him an odd name.
5. What does Maniac ask of God on Thanksgiving Day?
(a) To make sure his parents are at peace.
(b) To let him return to the Beales to live.
(c) To let Maniac find a family to live with.
(d) To let the Beales know that he is thinking of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
2. Why are Hester, Lester, and Amanda keeping Maniac from going home early one morning in Chapter 17?
3. It is such a hot August day that the kids decide to play in what?
4. What does Mr. Cobble use the knot for?
5. What happens at the school musical?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)