|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first book Grayson reads cover to cover?
(a) "The Little Engine That Could".
(b) "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel".
(c) "The First Pitch".
(d) "The Story of Babar".
2. What does Maniac paint on the outside of the band shell?
(a) The number 101.
(b) Beware of buffalos.
3. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
(a) He takes a hat off another player.
(b) He stands at the bag and waits.
(c) He insults McNab.
(d) He challenges McNab.
4. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
(a) Maniac's shoes are flapping.
(b) Maniac is not on the Green Sox.
(c) He is a runt who is not on the league.
(d) He knows Maniac can hit the ball.
5. What strategy does Grayson use to help him learn to read?
(a) He has Maniac use baseball terms.
(b) He only works with the vowels at first.
(c) He memorizes a few consonants at a time.
(d) He equates reading to baseball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with the townspeople as Maniac walks up the middle of the street after the incident with the old man?
2. Who shows up for Grayson's funeral?
3. By Christmas, where has Grayson moved?
4. What story does Maniac tell to help John with his brothers?
5. In what way does Maniac get his schooling?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)