|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amanda stay up late the night of her argument with Maniac?
(a) She had kicked the dog and hurt him.
(b) He left and has not come home, so she waits for him.
(c) She is crying and can't sleep.
(d) She is too angry to sleep.
2. What does Maniac want to do when he finds Amanda crying on her doorstep?
(a) He wants to bring Amanda to her mother.
(b) He wants to yell at all of the townspeople.
(c) He wants to read Amanda a story.
(d) He wants to hug her and tell her everything will be okay.
3. What actually keeps the McNab boys going to school?
(a) The attention they get from living with Maniac.
(c) John's threat.
(d) Their father's wrath.
4. What won't Maniac do for food?
(a) He will not beg.
(b) He will not take it from the zoo.
(c) He will not go to soup kitchens.
(d) He will not do odd jobs.
5. What does McNab decide to do to Maniac in retaliation for the baseball incident?
(a) Strike him out next time.
(b) Become his friend.
(c) Tell him to leave town.
(d) Beat him up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the big black man shout about on that hot August day in chapter 17?
2. Why do Maniac and Grayson trim a tree in the woods?
3. What does Maniac do for Grayson after he reads his first book?
4. What does John McNab do to the Green Sox team at the Little League game?
5. What do the high school kids do to Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)