|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strategy does Grayson use to help him learn to read?
(a) He only works with the vowels at first.
(b) He memorizes a few consonants at a time.
(c) He has Maniac use baseball terms.
(d) He equates reading to baseball.
2. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
(a) He takes a hat off another player.
(b) He challenges McNab.
(c) He insults McNab.
(d) He stands at the bag and waits.
3. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
4. What does Maniac want to do when he finds Amanda crying on her doorstep?
(a) He wants to yell at all of the townspeople.
(b) He wants to bring Amanda to her mother.
(c) He wants to read Amanda a story.
(d) He wants to hug her and tell her everything will be okay.
5. What does the neighborhood woman use to stop Mars Bar Thompson?
(a) A call to the police.
(b) A stare.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A broom and a stare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Hands" Down do in regard to Maniac that makes the older kids upset?
2. Who saves Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
3. What is the first book Grayson reads cover to cover?
4. What/Who does Maniac wait for in the cabin in Valley Forge?
5. How does Maniac convince the boys to go back to Two Mills?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)