|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Hands" Down do in regard to Maniac that makes the older kids upset?
(a) He tells the older kids that Maniac does not like them.
(b) He brags to the older kids about Maniac.
(c) He laughs that Maniac is his friend and not theirs.
(d) He laughs at the older kids when Maniac beats them.
2. Why does Maniac stop crossing the Schuylkill?
(a) He wants to head in a different direction.
(b) He is tired of going back and forth.
(c) It reminds him of his parents' death.
(d) It is frozen and dangerous.
3. What does Maniac tell the McNab boys about Mexico so that they will not want to go there?
(a) There is no pizza there.
(b) It is volcano season.
(c) Little boys are eaten there.
(d) There are huge bugs in Mexico.
4. Why does Maniac decide to leave town?
(a) He is afraid of the big black man.
(b) He does not like that people don't like him.
(c) He does not want a riot to break out.
(d) He does not want the Beales to get hurt.
5. What is the confetti made out of that the townspeople throw for Maniac's celebration of untying the knot?
(b) Lyle, Lye Crocodile.
(c) The Children's Crusade.
(d) Amanda's Encyclopedia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
2. By Christmas, where has Grayson moved?
3. What is the name of McNab's gang?
4. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
5. Why doesn't Maniac go to Grayson's room at the YMCA?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)