|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maniac stop crossing the Schuylkill?
(a) He wants to head in a different direction.
(b) It reminds him of his parents' death.
(c) It is frozen and dangerous.
(d) He is tired of going back and forth.
2. Why do the people of Two Mills give Jeffrey his nickname?
(a) They say it is the name of the book that he was reading.
(b) They think he is odd, so they give him an odd name.
(c) After all of Jeffrey's stunts, they figure he is a maniac.
(d) Jeffrey tells them his nickname is Maniac.
3. What does Maniac give Grayson for Christmas?
(a) A book Maniac wrote.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A new baseball.
(d) A chapter book.
4. What actually keeps the McNab boys going to school?
(a) John's threat.
(b) The attention they get from living with Maniac.
(d) Their father's wrath.
5. What is Maniac running on that amazes the Pickwell children?
(a) The winding creek.
(b) The suspension bridge.
(c) The spear field.
(d) The steel rail of the railroad tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Maniac do in his new home at the Beales?
2. What kind of story does Amanda give to Maniac?
3. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
4. What does Maniac want to do when he finds Amanda crying on her doorstep?
5. What does "Hands" Down do in regard to Maniac that makes the older kids upset?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)