|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maniac say Amen after Grayson finishes reading his first book?
(a) Maniac says Amen is for when someone does something you really like.
(b) Maniac had prayed Grayson would succeed.
(c) Maniac prays for Grayson to do better next time.
(d) Maniac is glad it is over.
2. What does the big black man shout about on that hot August day in chapter 17?
(a) That white people shouldn't swim in his water.
(b) That white people never have enough.
(c) That white people are ruining his neighborhood.
(d) That white people waste everything.
3. Why do the people of Two Mills give Jeffrey his nickname?
(a) Jeffrey tells them his nickname is Maniac.
(b) After all of Jeffrey's stunts, they figure he is a maniac.
(c) They say it is the name of the book that he was reading.
(d) They think he is odd, so they give him an odd name.
4. Why does Carson scratch Maniac's skin?
(a) To see if he is black under the dirt.
(b) To see if it is dirt on his skin.
(c) To see if he is hurt under the dirt.
(d) To see if he is white under the dirt.
5. What do the McNab brothers do when they discover that they were actually with Maniac--the famous guy?
(a) They tell Maniac to leave.
(b) They beat up Maniac because of what he did to John.
(c) Thye cry.
(d) They laugh very hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
2. What does Mrs. Beale finally ask Maniac one day while he is licking icing?
3. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
4. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
5. How does Amanda react to Mars Bar concerning the ripped book?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)