|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
(a) Maniac's shoes are flapping.
(b) He knows Maniac can hit the ball.
(c) He is a runt who is not on the league.
(d) Maniac is not on the Green Sox.
2. What can't Maniac see about what is going on around him in chapter 16?
(a) That Amanda is mad at him.
(b) That he is no longer welcome at the Beale's home.
(c) That his skin isn't white.
(d) That some kids do not like him.
3. What does Mars Bar Thompson take from Maniac?
(a) A football.
(b) Amanda's book.
(c) His hat.
(d) A candy bar.
4. Why does Grayson take Maniac to the equipment room?
(a) To give Maniac a new baseball bat.
(b) So Grayson can become famous for saving Maniac.
(c) Maniac has passed out.
(d) To hide Maniac from the black kids.
5. Why does Mr. Beale make a U-turn when taking Maniac home?
(a) Mr. Beale won't go to the neighborhood Maniac directs him to.
(b) Maniac left the book at the Beale house.
(c) Maniac admits he has no home.
(d) Maniac wants to say goodnight to Hester and Lester.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maniac want to do when he finds Amanda crying on her doorstep?
2. What is the big question at the Pickwell dinner table on the night they eat spaghetti in Chapter 6?
3. What happens when Maniac meets "Hands" Down?
4. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
5. What does Maniac want from Amanda at the end of Chapter 13 that she won't give him?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)