|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the big black man shout about on that hot August day in chapter 17?
(a) That white people never have enough.
(b) That white people shouldn't swim in his water.
(c) That white people waste everything.
(d) That white people are ruining his neighborhood.
2. What does McNab decide to do to Maniac in retaliation for the baseball incident?
(a) Beat him up.
(b) Tell him to leave town.
(c) Become his friend.
(d) Strike him out next time.
3. What does Maniac do for fifteen minutes before completing the knot?
(a) He takes a nap.
(b) He prays.
(c) He reads a book.
(d) He drinks an orange soda.
4. After Maniac hits the ball many times, what does McNab throw?
(a) A golf ball.
(b) A tennis ball.
(c) A frog.
(d) A softball.
5. Why does Grayson take Maniac to the equipment room?
(a) Maniac has passed out.
(b) So Grayson can become famous for saving Maniac.
(c) To hide Maniac from the black kids.
(d) To give Maniac a new baseball bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
2. What happens to Amanda for the first and only time in Chapter 3?
3. What does Mrs. Beale finally ask Maniac one day while he is licking icing?
4. Which of the following is not a reason why the bigger kids from all over come to the vacant lot to see Maniac?
5. What is Amanda carrying to school in her suitcase?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)