|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the East End, where does Maniac stay?
(a) Back at the deer shed.
(b) At the zoo with the buffalos.
(c) On a park bench.
(d) With his aunt and uncle.
2. Why are Hester, Lester, and Amanda keeping Maniac from going home early one morning in Chapter 17?
(a) They do not want him to see the big black man is at their house.
(b) They do not want him to see that the police are at their house.
(c) They do not want him to see that the house has been vandalized.
(d) They do not want him to see that their house has been toilet papered.
3. What happens with the townspeople as Maniac walks up the middle of the street after the incident with the old man?
(a) They fight.
(b) The whites walk up one side, the blacks up the other.
(c) Whites and blacks walk together.
(d) They disperse.
4. What is Maniac running on that amazes the Pickwell children?
(a) The steel rail of the railroad tracks.
(b) The spear field.
(c) The winding creek.
(d) The suspension bridge.
5. Why does Grayson take Maniac to the equipment room?
(a) Maniac has passed out.
(b) So Grayson can become famous for saving Maniac.
(c) To give Maniac a new baseball bat.
(d) To hide Maniac from the black kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of story does Amanda give to Maniac?
2. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
3. How do the Pickwells know when it is dinnertime?
4. With what is Finsterwald's backyard filled?
5. Which of the following is not a reason why the bigger kids from all over come to the vacant lot to see Maniac?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)