|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McNab decide to do to Maniac in retaliation for the baseball incident?
(a) Beat him up.
(b) Become his friend.
(c) Strike him out next time.
(d) Tell him to leave town.
2. What happens with the townspeople as Maniac walks up the middle of the street after the incident with the old man?
(a) Whites and blacks walk together.
(b) The whites walk up one side, the blacks up the other.
(c) They disperse.
(d) They fight.
3. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
(a) He takes a hat off another player.
(b) He challenges McNab.
(c) He stands at the bag and waits.
(d) He insults McNab.
4. What do the high school kids do to Arnold Jones in Chapter 5?
(a) They force him onto Finsterwalds' porch.
(b) They toss him over Finsterwald's fence.
(c) They shove him in a locker.
(d) They throw him in a pond.
5. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
(a) He is a runt who is not on the league.
(b) Maniac is not on the Green Sox.
(c) Maniac's shoes are flapping.
(d) He knows Maniac can hit the ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who specifically has tried to untie the knot before Maniac?
2. What kind of story does Amanda give to Maniac?
3. When does Maniac return to school?
4. What is the prize for untying the Cobble's Knot?
5. What does the big black man shout about on that hot August day in chapter 17?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)