|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the prize for untying the Cobble's Knot?
(a) Pizza for a year.
(b) Butterscotch Krimpets for a year.
(c) Free soda when pizza is purchased for a year.
(d) One hundred dollars worth of Cobble's groceries.
2. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
(a) Why they don't come to the West End.
(b) Why they celebrate the Fourth of July with the white people.
(c) Why they live on the East End.
(d) Why they call themselves black.
3. Why does Amanda stay up late the night of her argument with Maniac?
(a) She is too angry to sleep.
(b) She is crying and can't sleep.
(c) He left and has not come home, so she waits for him.
(d) She had kicked the dog and hurt him.
4. Who is Brian Denehy?
(a) A soccer player.
(b) The star quarterback.
(c) The football coach.
(d) The first person Maniac meets in Two Mills.
5. What happens when Maniac meets "Hands" Down?
(a) Maniac refuses to play football with "Hands" Down.
(b) They play football together.
(c) "Hands" Down makes sure Maniac is on the other team.
(d) "Hands" Down harasses Maniac for punting that first day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the neighborhood woman use to stop Mars Bar Thompson?
2. What can't Maniac see about what is going on around him in chapter 16?
3. What does McNab decide to do to Maniac in retaliation for the baseball incident?
4. What does Maniac say trash words have in common with church words?
5. What does Mr. Cobble use the knot for?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)