|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the other children want to touch Maniac after he speaks with whoever answered Finsterwald's door?
(a) They want to see if he is cold.
(b) They think Maniac might be a ghost.
(c) They want to touch a famous person.
(d) They want to congratulate him.
2. What is the name of McNab's gang?
3. How long is the challenge for in Finsterwald's backyard?
(a) Two minutes.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Ten minutes.
4. What is the first book Grayson reads cover to cover?
(a) "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel".
(b) "The Story of Babar".
(c) "The Little Engine That Could".
(d) "The First Pitch".
5. Why are Hester, Lester, and Amanda keeping Maniac from going home early one morning in Chapter 17?
(a) They do not want him to see that the house has been vandalized.
(b) They do not want him to see that their house has been toilet papered.
(c) They do not want him to see that the police are at their house.
(d) They do not want him to see the big black man is at their house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maniac decide to leave town?
2. What story does Maniac tell to help John with his brothers?
3. What do the Cobras come to do in the McNab house?
4. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
5. What does Maniac do for Grayson after he reads his first book?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)