|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first book Grayson reads cover to cover?
(a) "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel".
(b) "The First Pitch".
(c) "The Little Engine That Could".
(d) "The Story of Babar".
2. Who specifically has tried to untie the knot before Maniac?
(a) A magician and a scientist.
(b) A scientist and a mathematician.
(c) A pickpocket and a mathematician.
(d) A magician and a pickpocket.
3. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
(a) Why they don't come to the West End.
(b) Why they live on the East End.
(c) Why they celebrate the Fourth of July with the white people.
(d) Why they call themselves black.
4. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
(a) He cannot bring himself to stay.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) The Superintendent won't let him.
(d) It is needed for the upcoming spring.
5. What does Mars Bar call Maniac when they meet again in chapter 38?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Maniac hits the ball many times, what does McNab throw?
2. What do Grayson and Maniac buy at Woolworths?
3. Why does Maniac say Amen after Grayson finishes reading his first book?
4. Why are Hester, Lester, and Amanda keeping Maniac from going home early one morning in Chapter 17?
5. What does Maniac make the McNab boys return to Dorsey's Grocery?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)