|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method does Maniac use to try to keep Russell and Piper in school after he came back to the McNabs'?
(a) He bribed them with money.
(b) He made them lunches to take with them.
(c) He threatened them with punishments.
(d) He organized marble tournaments during recess.
2. How does Maniac convince Mars Bar to go to the West End?
(a) He bribes Mars Bar.
(b) He threatens Mars Bar.
(c) He calls Mars Bar a sissy.
(d) He tells Mars Bar that he isn't as bad as he thinks he is.
3. What does the big black man shout about on that hot August day in chapter 17?
(a) That white people are ruining his neighborhood.
(b) That white people waste everything.
(c) That white people shouldn't swim in his water.
(d) That white people never have enough.
4. Why doesn't Maniac go to Grayson's room at the YMCA?
(a) He doesn't want anyone to see and recognize him.
(b) He is afraid of Grayson.
(c) He doesn't want to bring trouble to the old man.
(d) He is afraid of the YMCA.
5. Why does Maniac say Amen after Grayson finishes reading his first book?
(a) Maniac is glad it is over.
(b) Maniac had prayed Grayson would succeed.
(c) Maniac says Amen is for when someone does something you really like.
(d) Maniac prays for Grayson to do better next time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maniac make the McNab boys return to Dorsey's Grocery?
2. Why doesn't Maniac leave the McNab boys when they drive him crazy?
3. What is the name of McNab's gang?
4. What does Maniac do for Grayson after he reads his first book?
5. What does Mrs. Beale finally ask Maniac one day while he is licking icing?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)