|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maniac ask of God on Thanksgiving Day?
(a) To let him return to the Beales to live.
(b) To let Maniac find a family to live with.
(c) To make sure his parents are at peace.
(d) To let the Beales know that he is thinking of them.
2. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
(a) Why they celebrate the Fourth of July with the white people.
(b) Why they live on the East End.
(c) Why they call themselves black.
(d) Why they don't come to the West End.
3. Why does Maniac use only one hand to handle the football?
(a) He only has one hand.
(b) He is holding a book with the other one.
(c) His other hand is hurt.
(d) He is showing off.
4. What doesn't Maniac do in his new home at the Beales?
(a) Read to the children.
(b) Take out the trash.
(c) Sleep in his bed.
(d) Wash the dishes.
5. What does the big black man shout about on that hot August day in chapter 17?
(a) That white people are ruining his neighborhood.
(b) That white people waste everything.
(c) That white people shouldn't swim in his water.
(d) That white people never have enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Russell and Piper kick Maniac out of their house?
2. What does Mars Bar challenge Maniac to?
3. What does Russell attempt to travel with?
4. What do the Cobras come to do in the McNab house?
5. What strategy does Grayson use to help him learn to read?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)