|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Maniac meets "Hands" Down?
(a) Maniac refuses to play football with "Hands" Down.
(b) "Hands" Down makes sure Maniac is on the other team.
(c) They play football together.
(d) "Hands" Down harasses Maniac for punting that first day.
2. What does the big black man shout about on that hot August day in chapter 17?
(a) That white people are ruining his neighborhood.
(b) That white people shouldn't swim in his water.
(c) That white people never have enough.
(d) That white people waste everything.
3. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It is needed for the upcoming spring.
(c) He cannot bring himself to stay.
(d) The Superintendent won't let him.
4. What does Mr. Cobble use the knot for?
(a) To tie leftover string pieces.
(b) To draw in business.
(c) As a conversation piece.
(d) As a site seeing object.
5. What new item does Mars Bar show Maniac when Maniac returns to town in chapter 38?
(a) A bike.
(c) Expensive sneakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
2. Why do Maniac and Grayson trim a tree in the woods?
3. What does Mars Bar challenge Maniac to?
4. When Maniac returned to the West End in Chapter 40, where does he go first?
5. Who is Brian Denehy?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)