|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Maniac meets "Hands" Down?
(a) "Hands" Down makes sure Maniac is on the other team.
(b) Maniac refuses to play football with "Hands" Down.
(c) They play football together.
(d) "Hands" Down harasses Maniac for punting that first day.
2. What kind of story does Amanda give to Maniac?
(a) Children's Poetry.
(b) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
(c) A book about puppies.
(d) The Children's Crusade.
3. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
4. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
(a) The children are better behaved.
(b) Amanda takes baths again with the children.
(c) The children start to tie their own shoes.
(d) The yellow bucket is used more.
5. Why does Amanda stay up late the night of her argument with Maniac?
(a) She had kicked the dog and hurt him.
(b) She is too angry to sleep.
(c) She is crying and can't sleep.
(d) He left and has not come home, so she waits for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mars Bar Thompson take from Maniac?
2. Why do the people of Two Mills give Jeffrey his nickname?
3. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
4. Where does Maniac wind up after he runs from the baseball game?
5. What happens to Amanda for the first and only time in Chapter 3?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)