|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is such a hot August day that the kids decide to play in what?
(a) The pond.
(b) The fire hydrant water.
(c) The pool.
(d) The creek.
2. Why does Maniac use only one hand to handle the football?
(a) He is holding a book with the other one.
(b) He is showing off.
(c) His other hand is hurt.
(d) He only has one hand.
3. What does McNab decide to do to Maniac in retaliation for the baseball incident?
(a) Beat him up.
(b) Tell him to leave town.
(c) Strike him out next time.
(d) Become his friend.
4. Where does Maniac wind up after he runs from the baseball game?
(a) At the house where he ate spaghetti.
(b) His shed at the zoo.
(c) At Amanda's house.
(d) In the East End of town.
5. Why does Maniac decide to leave town?
(a) He is afraid of the big black man.
(b) He does not want the Beales to get hurt.
(c) He does not want a riot to break out.
(d) He does not like that people don't like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of McNab's gang?
2. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
3. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
4. Who is the first person to speak with Maniac in Two Mills?
5. What is Amanda carrying to school in her suitcase?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)