|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
2. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
(a) He challenges McNab.
(b) He takes a hat off another player.
(c) He insults McNab.
(d) He stands at the bag and waits.
3. What does Mars Bar Thompson take from Maniac?
(a) A candy bar.
(b) A football.
(c) His hat.
(d) Amanda's book.
4. Why do the people of Two Mills give Jeffrey his nickname?
(a) Jeffrey tells them his nickname is Maniac.
(b) They say it is the name of the book that he was reading.
(c) They think he is odd, so they give him an odd name.
(d) After all of Jeffrey's stunts, they figure he is a maniac.
5. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
(a) Why they don't come to the West End.
(b) Why they celebrate the Fourth of July with the white people.
(c) Why they live on the East End.
(d) Why they call themselves black.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Brian Denehy?
2. Why does Amanda stay up late the night of her argument with Maniac?
3. Who is the first person to speak with Maniac in Two Mills?
4. What doesn't Maniac do in his new home at the Beales?
5. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)