|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Maniac meets "Hands" Down?
(a) Maniac refuses to play football with "Hands" Down.
(b) "Hands" Down makes sure Maniac is on the other team.
(c) They play football together.
(d) "Hands" Down harasses Maniac for punting that first day.
2. What kind of story does Amanda give to Maniac?
(a) A book about puppies.
(b) Children's Poetry.
(c) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
(d) The Children's Crusade.
3. What does John McNab do to the Green Sox team at the Little League game?
(a) He hits them with his fastball.
(b) He strikes out sixteen hitters.
(c) He insults all of them with bad words.
(d) He throws out everyone at first base.
4. What does Mrs. Beale finally ask Maniac one day while he is licking icing?
(a) "Are you Maniac?"
(b) "Why don't you have a home?"
(c) "Where are your parents?"
(d) "Where did you come from?"
5. What does McNab decide to do to Maniac in retaliation for the baseball incident?
(a) Become his friend.
(b) Beat him up.
(c) Tell him to leave town.
(d) Strike him out next time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mars Bar Thompson take from Maniac?
2. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
3. With what does Mars Bar Thompson challenge Maniac?
4. Why does Maniac use only one hand to handle the football?
5. What does the neighborhood woman use to stop Mars Bar Thompson?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)