|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Hester, Lester, and Amanda keeping Maniac from going home early one morning in Chapter 17?
(a) They do not want him to see that the police are at their house.
(b) They do not want him to see that their house has been toilet papered.
(c) They do not want him to see the big black man is at their house.
(d) They do not want him to see that the house has been vandalized.
2. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
(a) He challenges McNab.
(b) He insults McNab.
(c) He stands at the bag and waits.
(d) He takes a hat off another player.
3. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
(a) Maniac is not on the Green Sox.
(b) Maniac's shoes are flapping.
(c) He is a runt who is not on the league.
(d) He knows Maniac can hit the ball.
4. What does the big black man shout about on that hot August day in chapter 17?
(a) That white people are ruining his neighborhood.
(b) That white people shouldn't swim in his water.
(c) That white people never have enough.
(d) That white people waste everything.
5. What kind of story does Amanda give to Maniac?
(a) Children's Poetry.
(b) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
(c) The Children's Crusade.
(d) A book about puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
2. What happens when Maniac meets "Hands" Down?
3. Why do the people of Two Mills give Jeffrey his nickname?
4. Why does Maniac decide to leave town?
5. With what does Mars Bar Thompson challenge Maniac?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)