|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of story does Amanda give to Maniac?
(a) A book about puppies.
(b) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
(c) Children's Poetry.
(d) The Children's Crusade.
2. What does the big black man shout about on that hot August day in chapter 17?
(a) That white people are ruining his neighborhood.
(b) That white people waste everything.
(c) That white people never have enough.
(d) That white people shouldn't swim in his water.
3. What does Mrs. Beale finally ask Maniac one day while he is licking icing?
(a) "Are you Maniac?"
(b) "Where are your parents?"
(c) "Where did you come from?"
(d) "Why don't you have a home?"
4. What is being called over and over again to Maniac when the kids are playing on that hot August day in chapter 17?
5. What does John McNab do to the Green Sox team at the Little League game?
(a) He insults all of them with bad words.
(b) He hits them with his fastball.
(c) He strikes out sixteen hitters.
(d) He throws out everyone at first base.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maniac use only one hand to handle the football?
2. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
3. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
4. What causes the red bumps to surface on Maniac's body?
5. What doesn't Maniac do in his new home at the Beales?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)