|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people of Two Mills give Jeffrey his nickname?
(a) Jeffrey tells them his nickname is Maniac.
(b) They say it is the name of the book that he was reading.
(c) After all of Jeffrey's stunts, they figure he is a maniac.
(d) They think he is odd, so they give him an odd name.
2. What does John McNab do to the Green Sox team at the Little League game?
(a) He hits them with his fastball.
(b) He throws out everyone at first base.
(c) He strikes out sixteen hitters.
(d) He insults all of them with bad words.
3. What deal does Maniac first make with the McNab boys about school?
(a) If they go, he will show Finsterwald's backyard.
(b) If they go, he will feed them pizza daily.
(c) If they go, he will show them the shortcut to Mexico.
(d) If they go, he will show them how to read.
4. Who is the first person to speak with Maniac in Two Mills?
(a) Jeffrey Beale.
(b) Arnold Jones.
(c) Amanda Beale.
(d) Brian Denehy.
5. How does Maniac make the deal even better for the McNab boys to go to school?
(a) He says he will knock on Finsterwald's door.
(b) He says he will eat five cockroaches.
(c) He says he will teach them how to pitch.
(d) He says he will eat pizza even though he is allergic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the big black man shout about on that hot August day in chapter 17?
2. With what does Mars Bar Thompson challenge Maniac?
3. What does Mrs. Beale finally ask Maniac one day while he is licking icing?
4. Where does Maniac wind up after he runs from the baseball game?
5. What does Maniac ask of God on Thanksgiving Day?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)