|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Maniac meets "Hands" Down?
(a) They play football together.
(b) Maniac refuses to play football with "Hands" Down.
(c) "Hands" Down makes sure Maniac is on the other team.
(d) "Hands" Down harasses Maniac for punting that first day.
2. What does John McNab do to the Green Sox team at the Little League game?
(a) He throws out everyone at first base.
(b) He strikes out sixteen hitters.
(c) He insults all of them with bad words.
(d) He hits them with his fastball.
3. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
(a) Why they call themselves black.
(b) Why they celebrate the Fourth of July with the white people.
(c) Why they don't come to the West End.
(d) Why they live on the East End.
4. After Maniac hits the ball many times, what does McNab throw?
(a) A tennis ball.
(b) A golf ball.
(c) A softball.
(d) A frog.
5. What is the first book Grayson reads cover to cover?
(a) "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel".
(b) "The Story of Babar".
(c) "The First Pitch".
(d) "The Little Engine That Could".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy give to Maniac while he is untying the knot?
2. What are the cabins in Valley Forge?
3. What is the prize for untying the Cobble's Knot?
4. What strategy does Grayson use to help him learn to read?
5. Why does Grayson not know how to read?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)