|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What won't Maniac do for food?
(a) He will not go to soup kitchens.
(b) He will not beg.
(c) He will not take it from the zoo.
(d) He will not do odd jobs.
2. What do Grayson and Maniac buy at Woolworths?
(a) A blackboard and chalk.
(b) An alphabet poster.
(c) A baseball glove.
(d) Picture books.
3. What strategy does Grayson use to help him learn to read?
(a) He equates reading to baseball.
(b) He memorizes a few consonants at a time.
(c) He has Maniac use baseball terms.
(d) He only works with the vowels at first.
4. What are the cabins in Valley Forge?
(a) Run-down cabins from the Civil War.
(b) Abandoned campsites.
(c) Replicas of army shelters.
(d) Family-owned campgrounds.
5. Why does Grayson not know how to read?
(a) He heard his teacher say he was never going to learn to read.
(b) He never went to school.
(c) He has a learning disability.
(d) His parents were drunks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who specifically has tried to untie the knot before Maniac?
2. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
3. Why does Maniac say Amen after Grayson finishes reading his first book?
4. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
5. What does Mr. Cobble use the knot for?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)