|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grayson not know how to read?
(a) He heard his teacher say he was never going to learn to read.
(b) He has a learning disability.
(c) His parents were drunks.
(d) He never went to school.
2. What is the first book Grayson reads cover to cover?
(a) "The First Pitch".
(b) "The Story of Babar".
(c) "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel".
(d) "The Little Engine That Could".
3. What does John McNab do to the Green Sox team at the Little League game?
(a) He hits them with his fastball.
(b) He strikes out sixteen hitters.
(c) He throws out everyone at first base.
(d) He insults all of them with bad words.
4. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
(a) Maniac is not on the Green Sox.
(b) He knows Maniac can hit the ball.
(c) He is a runt who is not on the league.
(d) Maniac's shoes are flapping.
5. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
(a) Why they live on the East End.
(b) Why they call themselves black.
(c) Why they celebrate the Fourth of July with the white people.
(d) Why they don't come to the West End.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maniac do for fifteen minutes before completing the knot?
2. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
3. What does Mr. Cobble use the knot for?
4. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
5. What strategy does Grayson use to help him learn to read?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)