|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maniac do for fifteen minutes before completing the knot?
(a) He prays.
(b) He drinks an orange soda.
(c) He reads a book.
(d) He takes a nap.
2. What do Grayson and Maniac buy at Woolworths?
(a) A baseball glove.
(b) An alphabet poster.
(c) Picture books.
(d) A blackboard and chalk.
3. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
(a) It is needed for the upcoming spring.
(b) The Superintendent won't let him.
(c) He cannot bring himself to stay.
(d) It is too cold.
4. What strategy does Grayson use to help him learn to read?
(a) He only works with the vowels at first.
(b) He equates reading to baseball.
(c) He has Maniac use baseball terms.
(d) He memorizes a few consonants at a time.
5. Why does Maniac say Amen after Grayson finishes reading his first book?
(a) Maniac had prayed Grayson would succeed.
(b) Maniac prays for Grayson to do better next time.
(c) Maniac says Amen is for when someone does something you really like.
(d) Maniac is glad it is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Beale finally ask Maniac one day while he is licking icing?
2. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
3. What does the boy give to Maniac while he is untying the knot?
4. What is the first book Grayson reads cover to cover?
5. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)