|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Grayson and Maniac buy at Woolworths?
(a) Picture books.
(b) An alphabet poster.
(c) A baseball glove.
(d) A blackboard and chalk.
2. Why does Maniac stop crossing the Schuylkill?
(a) He is tired of going back and forth.
(b) He wants to head in a different direction.
(c) It is frozen and dangerous.
(d) It reminds him of his parents' death.
3. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
(a) It is needed for the upcoming spring.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) He cannot bring himself to stay.
(d) The Superintendent won't let him.
4. What won't Maniac do for food?
(a) He will not go to soup kitchens.
(b) He will not do odd jobs.
(c) He will not take it from the zoo.
(d) He will not beg.
5. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
(a) The children start to tie their own shoes.
(b) Amanda takes baths again with the children.
(c) The yellow bucket is used more.
(d) The children are better behaved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What last thing does Maniac do before he leaves the band shell?
2. Why does Maniac say Amen after Grayson finishes reading his first book?
3. What are the cabins in Valley Forge?
4. What does Mr. Cobble use the knot for?
5. How long does it take Maniac to untie the Cobble's Knot?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)