|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people of Two Mills give Jeffrey his nickname?
(a) After all of Jeffrey's stunts, they figure he is a maniac.
(b) They say it is the name of the book that he was reading.
(c) Jeffrey tells them his nickname is Maniac.
(d) They think he is odd, so they give him an odd name.
2. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
(a) Maniac is not on the Green Sox.
(b) He is a runt who is not on the league.
(c) Maniac's shoes are flapping.
(d) He knows Maniac can hit the ball.
3. What happens when Maniac meets "Hands" Down?
(a) "Hands" Down makes sure Maniac is on the other team.
(b) "Hands" Down harasses Maniac for punting that first day.
(c) Maniac refuses to play football with "Hands" Down.
(d) They play football together.
4. What does Mrs. Beale finally ask Maniac one day while he is licking icing?
(a) "Where did you come from?"
(b) "Are you Maniac?"
(c) "Where are your parents?"
(d) "Why don't you have a home?"
5. What doesn't Maniac do in his new home at the Beales?
(a) Sleep in his bed.
(b) Read to the children.
(c) Wash the dishes.
(d) Take out the trash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who specifically has tried to untie the knot before Maniac?
2. What does Mr. Cobble use the knot for?
3. What does Maniac do for Grayson after he reads his first book?
4. What causes the red bumps to surface on Maniac's body?
5. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)