|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
(a) Why they call themselves black.
(b) Why they don't come to the West End.
(c) Why they live on the East End.
(d) Why they celebrate the Fourth of July with the white people.
2. What doesn't Maniac do in his new home at the Beales?
(a) Take out the trash.
(b) Wash the dishes.
(c) Sleep in his bed.
(d) Read to the children.
3. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
(a) The Superintendent won't let him.
(b) He cannot bring himself to stay.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) It is needed for the upcoming spring.
4. What does Maniac do for fifteen minutes before completing the knot?
(a) He reads a book.
(b) He takes a nap.
(c) He drinks an orange soda.
(d) He prays.
5. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
(a) Maniac's shoes are flapping.
(b) He is a runt who is not on the league.
(c) Maniac is not on the Green Sox.
(d) He knows Maniac can hit the ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy give to Maniac while he is untying the knot?
2. What does Maniac do for Grayson after he reads his first book?
3. Why do the people of Two Mills give Jeffrey his nickname?
4. How long does it take Maniac to untie the Cobble's Knot?
5. What are the cabins in Valley Forge?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)