|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
(a) The yellow bucket is used more.
(b) Amanda takes baths again with the children.
(c) The children are better behaved.
(d) The children start to tie their own shoes.
2. What won't Maniac do for food?
(a) He will not take it from the zoo.
(b) He will not do odd jobs.
(c) He will not beg.
(d) He will not go to soup kitchens.
3. What do Grayson and Maniac buy at Woolworths?
(a) Picture books.
(b) A blackboard and chalk.
(c) A baseball glove.
(d) An alphabet poster.
4. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
(a) Why they celebrate the Fourth of July with the white people.
(b) Why they don't come to the West End.
(c) Why they live on the East End.
(d) Why they call themselves black.
5. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
(a) He knows Maniac can hit the ball.
(b) Maniac's shoes are flapping.
(c) Maniac is not on the Green Sox.
(d) He is a runt who is not on the league.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the cabins in Valley Forge?
2. Why does Maniac stop crossing the Schuylkill?
3. What last thing does Maniac do before he leaves the band shell?
4. What causes the red bumps to surface on Maniac's body?
5. What does Mr. Cobble use the knot for?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)