|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Maniac meets "Hands" Down?
(a) "Hands" Down harasses Maniac for punting that first day.
(b) "Hands" Down makes sure Maniac is on the other team.
(c) Maniac refuses to play football with "Hands" Down.
(d) They play football together.
2. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
(a) Why they call themselves black.
(b) Why they celebrate the Fourth of July with the white people.
(c) Why they don't come to the West End.
(d) Why they live on the East End.
3. What do Grayson and Maniac buy at Woolworths?
(a) An alphabet poster.
(b) A baseball glove.
(c) A blackboard and chalk.
(d) Picture books.
4. What does John McNab do to the Green Sox team at the Little League game?
(a) He strikes out sixteen hitters.
(b) He insults all of them with bad words.
(c) He hits them with his fastball.
(d) He throws out everyone at first base.
5. Why does Grayson not know how to read?
(a) His parents were drunks.
(b) He has a learning disability.
(c) He heard his teacher say he was never going to learn to read.
(d) He never went to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the cabins in Valley Forge?
2. Who specifically has tried to untie the knot before Maniac?
3. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
4. What strategy does Grayson use to help him learn to read?
5. What does Maniac do for fifteen minutes before completing the knot?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)