|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maniac do for Grayson after he reads his first book?
(a) Maniac cooks for him.
(b) Maniac sends him home.
(c) Maniac takes him out to dinner.
(d) Maniac gives him another book.
2. What do Grayson and Maniac buy at Woolworths?
(a) A blackboard and chalk.
(b) An alphabet poster.
(c) Picture books.
(d) A baseball glove.
3. After Maniac hits the ball many times, what does McNab throw?
(a) A frog.
(b) A tennis ball.
(c) A golf ball.
(d) A softball.
4. What strategy does Grayson use to help him learn to read?
(a) He memorizes a few consonants at a time.
(b) He equates reading to baseball.
(c) He has Maniac use baseball terms.
(d) He only works with the vowels at first.
5. What happens when Maniac meets "Hands" Down?
(a) "Hands" Down makes sure Maniac is on the other team.
(b) They play football together.
(c) "Hands" Down harasses Maniac for punting that first day.
(d) Maniac refuses to play football with "Hands" Down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who specifically has tried to untie the knot before Maniac?
2. Why does Grayson not know how to read?
3. What is the first book Grayson reads cover to cover?
4. What/Who does Maniac wait for in the cabin in Valley Forge?
5. What changes in the Beale household now that Maniac is there?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)