|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Maniac meets "Hands" Down?
(a) They play football together.
(b) "Hands" Down harasses Maniac for punting that first day.
(c) "Hands" Down makes sure Maniac is on the other team.
(d) Maniac refuses to play football with "Hands" Down.
2. Why does Maniac stop crossing the Schuylkill?
(a) He wants to head in a different direction.
(b) He is tired of going back and forth.
(c) It is frozen and dangerous.
(d) It reminds him of his parents' death.
3. What does Mrs. Beale finally ask Maniac one day while he is licking icing?
(a) "Why don't you have a home?"
(b) "Where did you come from?"
(c) "Are you Maniac?"
(d) "Where are your parents?"
4. What does Maniac wonder about Black people?
(a) Why they celebrate the Fourth of July with the white people.
(b) Why they live on the East End.
(c) Why they don't come to the West End.
(d) Why they call themselves black.
5. Why do the people of Two Mills give Jeffrey his nickname?
(a) They say it is the name of the book that he was reading.
(b) They think he is odd, so they give him an odd name.
(c) Jeffrey tells them his nickname is Maniac.
(d) After all of Jeffrey's stunts, they figure he is a maniac.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maniac say Amen after Grayson finishes reading his first book?
2. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
3. What last thing does Maniac do before he leaves the band shell?
4. What doesn't Maniac do in his new home at the Beales?
5. What does John McNab do to the Green Sox team at the Little League game?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)