|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Beale finally ask Maniac one day while he is licking icing?
(a) "Where did you come from?"
(b) "Are you Maniac?"
(c) "Why don't you have a home?"
(d) "Where are your parents?"
2. What does John McNab do to the Green Sox team at the Little League game?
(a) He strikes out sixteen hitters.
(b) He hits them with his fastball.
(c) He throws out everyone at first base.
(d) He insults all of them with bad words.
3. Why doesn't McNab want to pitch to Maniac?
(a) Maniac's shoes are flapping.
(b) He knows Maniac can hit the ball.
(c) Maniac is not on the Green Sox.
(d) He is a runt who is not on the league.
4. What does Maniac do to make McNab pitch the ball to him?
(a) He stands at the bag and waits.
(b) He takes a hat off another player.
(c) He challenges McNab.
(d) He insults McNab.
5. What strategy does Grayson use to help him learn to read?
(a) He only works with the vowels at first.
(b) He has Maniac use baseball terms.
(c) He memorizes a few consonants at a time.
(d) He equates reading to baseball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Grayson and Maniac buy at Woolworths?
2. Why does Grayson not know how to read?
3. What/Who does Maniac wait for in the cabin in Valley Forge?
4. Why doesn't Maniac stay in the band shell after Grayson's death?
5. What does Maniac do for Grayson after he reads his first book?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)