|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Beale get mad at Maniac the day she is making meatloaf?
(a) He says that he does not like meatloaf.
(b) He tells her that he loves her.
(c) He talks trash to her.
(d) He spills the meatloaf on the floor.
2. What does John believe is going to happen at some point with the East Enders?
(a) They will storm the houses of the West Enders.
(b) They will murder.
(c) They will riot in the streets.
(d) They will move into the West End.
3. What does "Hands" Down do in regard to Maniac that makes the older kids upset?
(a) He laughs at the older kids when Maniac beats them.
(b) He laughs that Maniac is his friend and not theirs.
(c) He brags to the older kids about Maniac.
(d) He tells the older kids that Maniac does not like them.
4. What can't Maniac see about what is going on around him in chapter 16?
(a) That his skin isn't white.
(b) That some kids do not like him.
(c) That he is no longer welcome at the Beale's home.
(d) That Amanda is mad at him.
5. Which of the following is not a reason why the bigger kids from all over come to the vacant lot to see Maniac?
(a) To see if everything they heard was true.
(b) To see how good he really was.
(c) To test him.
(d) To tell him that he was not welcome in their town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maniac say trash words have in common with church words?
2. What do the McNabs call the thing that they are building in the dining room of the McNab house?
3. What does Maniac want from Amanda at the end of Chapter 13 that she won't give him?
4. What are the McNabs and Cobras building in the dining room of the McNab house?
5. By Christmas, where has Grayson moved?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)