Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Kasumi in Midkemia?
2. From where has Macros come?
3. Why has Duke Borric set aside money for Pug?
4. What message does Duke Caldric want Laurie and Kasumi to carry?
5. Who does Milamber surprise at the Shinzawai Lords' house?
Essay Topic 1
Magician, Master falls in the genre called fantasy. Discuss the following:
1. What is the definition of genre? Fantasy genre? How do you know Magician, Master falls in the genre of fantasy? Give examples.
2. Other than entertainment, why do you think people might read fantasy?
3. Fantasy is sometimes considered second-rate fiction--i.e., that it is not good enough to be studied in academe. Why do you think this is true? Do you think it is a valid argument?
4. What might someone learn from reading fantasy?
Essay Topic 2
Some of the characters in this book undergo great changes. Discuss the following:
1. Compare and contrast Thomas to who he is at the beginning of the book to who he is at the end of the book.
2. Compare and contrast Pug to who he is at the beginning of the book to who he is at the end of the book. Consider his name change in your analysis.
3. Compare and contrast Arutha to who he is at the beginning of the book to who he is at the end of the book. Does he grow into the potential to be a king?
Essay Topic 3
After the final task that Milamber endures he appears to regain his memories and emotions. He seems to enjoy the new power he receives. He is no longer Pug the keep boy but a magician and appears much more powerful than his former master Kulgan from his home world.
1. Pug has gone from a slave to a Great One with new power. Discuss how he reacts to the changes using examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Discuss the return of Pug's memories and what it means to him and why, using examples from the book to support your answer.
3. In real life people will sometimes, though rarely, lose their memories for days, weeks or years and regain them. Using your imagination, discuss how you would feel if that happened to you and what you would do, both when you lost your memories and when you regained them.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)