Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Kasumi in Midkemia?
2. From where has Macros come?
3. Why has Duke Borric set aside money for Pug?
4. What message does Duke Caldric want Laurie and Kasumi to carry?
5. Who does Milamber surprise at the Shinzawai Lords' house?
Essay Topic 1
When it is Duke Borric is dying, he acknowledges Martin Longbow as his illegitimate son and names Lyam as his heir. Everyone knows out of the Duke several sons, Lyam is the least competent to assume his father's place. Discuss the following:
1. Who is considered the best candidate to replace the Duke? Why?
2. Compare the sons of the Duke and their strengths and weaknesses.
3. Should succession to a noble position be solely through primogeniture?
Essay Topic 2
After the final task that Milamber endures he appears to regain his memories and emotions. He seems to enjoy the new power he receives. He is no longer Pug the keep boy but a magician and appears much more powerful than his former master Kulgan from his home world.
1. Pug has gone from a slave to a Great One with new power. Discuss how he reacts to the changes using examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Discuss the return of Pug's memories and what it means to him and why, using examples from the book to support your answer.
3. In real life people will sometimes, though rarely, lose their memories for days, weeks or years and regain them. Using your imagination, discuss how you would feel if that happened to you and what you would do, both when you lost your memories and when you regained them.
Essay Topic 3
Amos Trask is a former pirate who commits many crimes during his days of piracy. Discuss the following:
1. Amos is pardoned for his crimes by Lyam when Lyam becomes king. Does this seem fair that Amos can just be forgiven his past because he helped Arutha and Anita?
2. Should a king or President or other head of state have the right of pardon? Why or why not.
3. Is there a place in the legal system for pardons? Argue for or against the idea.
This section contains 2,600 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)