|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas decide they must do to win the war?
(a) Call to humans for help.
(b) Be unpredictable.
(c) Find more magicians.
(d) Find better magic.
2. Where are Pug and Laurie working at the opening of the book?
(a) A swamp.
(b) A tannery.
(c) In the stables.
(d) A blacksmith shop.
3. Why was Chogana at the swamp?
(a) He was caught in a bar room brawl.
(b) He cursed the Emperor.
(c) He failed to pay his taxes.
(d) He killed his wife.
4. Why does Hokanu hang Nogamu?
(a) That's the punishment for attempted murder.
(b) He had always hated Nogamu.
(c) So he won't die from the knife wound.
(d) He had some rope handy.
5. What do they plan on Pug and Laurie teaching Kasumi?
(a) How to play the stone game.
(b) How to ride a horse.
(c) How to shoot a bow.
(d) How to cut down trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the visitor say they will need when the enemy attacks?
2. What does Chogana tell Pug he must seek?
3. What does a ranger tell Thomas and Dolgan one night?
4. Who gave Thomas his artifact?
5. Who is Hokanu?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)