1. Where are Pug and Laurie working at the opening of the book?
(a) A blacksmith shop.
(b) In the stables.
(c) A swamp.
(d) A tannery.
2. What is anyone that is not Tsurani called in this land?
(a) Not of the people.
(b) A misfit.
(c) An outcast.
(d) A barbarian.
3. Why does Nogamu want to kill Laurie?
(a) He saved Pug's life.
(b) He disobeyed a command.
(c) He threw away his food.
(d) He spit on him.
4. What happens when Nogamu tries to kill Pug and Laurie?
(a) They break his leg.
(b) He stabs Laurie.
(c) They stab him.
(d) They hit him over the head.
5. Why does Hokanu hang Nogamu?
(a) He had some rope handy.
(b) So he won't die from the knife wound.
(c) That's the punishment for attempted murder.
(d) He had always hated Nogamu.
6. What does Hokanu ask Pug and Laurie?
(a) Why they are there.
(b) If they like working in the swamp.
(c) If they know how to paint.
(d) Who should be the new overseer.
This section contains 4,897 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)