|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Luka announce in act three that he plans on leaving to go to?
2. How does the Actor start to speak of finding his hospital cure in the fourth act?
3. Who admits to the others that she lies to herself and invents a life of happily ever after for herself?
4. Who finds Luka's second story amusing?
5. What mistake did the storyteller have while telling the story in the third act?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna is dying at the hands of her husband in the first act. How does she really feel about her husband at this point? Discuss how she gave him her food. Also, include her conversation with Luka about her husband.
Essay Topic 2
Tell about the situation at the beginning of the third act when Nastya is telling her love story. Why do you think Nastya keeps telling this same story repeatedly? Why do Bubnoff and the Baron ridicule her about her story? Who sticks up for Nastya?
Essay Topic 3
A lot of actors disappeared at the end of the play. Tell about each actor that disappeared. Why do you think they choose to leave? Where do they go? What are the remaining characters' reactions?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)