|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notices the mistake in the love story?
2. What does Satine relate goodness to?
3. Who vows melodramatically to leave in the fourth act?
4. Who likens himself to something that grows in fertile ground?
5. Why do the downtrodden need their fictions according to Luka?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nastya's character is wrapped up in romance throughout the entire play. Write an essay discussing all of the ways the writer has Nastya display this.
Essay Topic 2
What is everyone's reaction to Anna's death? Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
Essay Topic 3
Write about Luka's second story that he tells the boarders. Why does he tell the story? Who is Luka telling the story to? What is the lesson to be learned from his story?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)