|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boarders call "the waste"?
2. What does Kleshtch relate goodness to?
3. What profession does the second thing missing from the set go with?
4. What is the implied goal for which to strive, according to the fourth act?
5. When the man in Luka's second story found out that he was lied to, what did he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The original setting changes for the third act. Describe the setting for the third act. Analyze why the writer made this setting change and how it contributes to the mood and theme of the play. How does this setting play into the characters' roles for the third act?
Essay Topic 2
A lot of actors disappeared at the end of the play. Tell about each actor that disappeared. Why do you think they choose to leave? Where do they go? What are the remaining characters' reactions?
Essay Topic 3
Write about Luka's first story that he tells the boarders. Why does he tell the story? Who is Luka telling the story to? What is the lesson to be learned from his story?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)