|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who admits that he has never felt fully free?
2. In the third act, Luka asks the other boarders why they tease who?
3. Where does the fourth act take place?
4. Who says, "This hole shall be my grave I am dying ill and exhausted."
5. Where does Luka announce in act three that he plans on leaving to go to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about when Kostilyoff comes looking for his wife at the boarding house in the first act. Why does he come there looking for her? Do you believe that Pepel really didn't know Kostilyoff's intentions? What are the other characters' responses?
Essay Topic 2
Write about the conversation that is had about honor and conscience in the first act. Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
Essay Topic 3
A lot of details about the opening set are given by the writer. Describe the opening set. Analyze how this set plays a major role in setting the mood for the play. How does this set complement the characters of the play?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)