|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has disappeared without a trace in the fourth act?
2. Why does Luka think that Kleshtch is upset in act three?
3. Why does Luka want to move on to a new location?
4. Who notices the mistake in the love story?
5. Who says that it is not what the storyteller says that matters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Luka tells Anna all about death. Describe the picture that Luka paints through words to Anna about what to expect with death.
Essay Topic 2
A lot of details about the opening set are given by the writer. Describe the opening set. Analyze how this set plays a major role in setting the mood for the play. How does this set complement the characters of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Write about when Kostilyoff comes looking for his wife at the boarding house in the first act. Why does he come there looking for her? Do you believe that Pepel really didn't know Kostilyoff's intentions? What are the other characters' responses?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)