|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sitting on a beam in the beginning of the third act?
2. Who acts as Luka did and suggest that they all stop interfering with each other?
3. Why does Luka want to move on to a new location?
4. How does the Actor start to speak of finding his hospital cure in the fourth act?
5. Who threatens to strike Nastya?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is everyone's reaction to Anna's death? Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
Essay Topic 2
The original setting changes for the third act. Describe the setting for the third act. Analyze why the writer made this setting change and how it contributes to the mood and theme of the play. How does this setting play into the characters' roles for the third act?
Essay Topic 3
Nastya's character is wrapped up in romance throughout the entire play. Write an essay discussing all of the ways the writer has Nastya display this.
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)