|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who states that a certain fear has always fogged his brain?
2. According to Luka's message, everyone lives for what?
3. Who ridicules the storyteller?
4. Who makes nasty comments from the window once Pepel professes his love?
5. In the third act, Luka asks the other boarders why they tease who?
Essay Topic 1
Write about the exchange between Vassilisa and Pepel and the exchange they had in the second act. What is Vassilisa's initial question to Pepel and what is his response? What business arrangement does she propose to him? Does Pepel accept it?
Essay Topic 2
A lot of details about the opening set are given by the writer. Describe the opening set. Analyze how this set plays a major role in setting the mood for the play. How does this set complement the characters of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Anna is dying at the hands of her husband in the first act. How does she really feel about her husband at this point? Discuss how she gave him her food. Also, include her conversation with Luka about her husband.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)