|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kleshtch working on during the fourth act?
2. Who likens himself to something that grows in fertile ground?
3. Who is sitting on a beam in the beginning of the third act?
4. Who wants to know why Natasha has not finished her kitchen duties?
5. How does the Actor start to speak of finding his hospital cure in the fourth act?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about the newfound hope that Luka gives the Actor. What does Luka tell him about? Is the Actor interested? What important detail does Luka leave out?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the situation when Kostilyoff finds Pepel and Vassilisa alone talking. What takes place? Do you believe that it was planned, and if so, by whom?
Essay Topic 3
Tell about the situation at the beginning of the third act when Nastya is telling her love story. Why do you think Nastya keeps telling this same story repeatedly? Why do Bubnoff and the Baron ridicule her about her story? Who sticks up for Nastya?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)