|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the implied goal for which to strive, according to the fourth act?
2. How does the Actor start to speak of finding his hospital cure in the fourth act?
3. Who tells a sad love story?
4. Who stops the storyteller from being ridiculed?
5. Who makes nasty comments from the window once Pepel professes his love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna is dying at the hands of her husband in the first act. How does she really feel about her husband at this point? Discuss how she gave him her food. Also, include her conversation with Luka about her husband.
Essay Topic 2
Write about the newfound hope that Luka gives the Actor. What does Luka tell him about? Is the Actor interested? What important detail does Luka leave out?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Satine is so persistent in wanting to convince the Actor that the information Luka gave him is made up and false? Do you think this was the ultimate cause of the Actor's death?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)