Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who states that a certain fear has always fogged his brain?
2. According to Luka's message, everyone lives for what?
3. Who ridicules the storyteller?
4. Who makes nasty comments from the window once Pepel professes his love?
5. In the third act, Luka asks the other boarders why they tease who?
Kvashnya says, "That not for a hundred baked lobsters would she marry again" in the first act. She then is married by the fourth act. Why do you think that is? What are the contributing factors to her changing her mind? How do you think Kleshtch was able to foreshadow her marriage to Miedviedieff?
Describe the situation when Kostilyoff finds Pepel and Vassilisa alone talking. What takes place? Do you believe that it was planned, and if so, by whom?
Write about the conversation that is had about honor and conscience in the first act. Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)