|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is arguing in the third act about whether or not there really exists a town with a hospital for alcoholism?
2. What does Luka believe about kindness?
3. Who had a plan at one point to kill his wife and boss?
4. When did the character that vanished make their exit?
5. Who tells a sad love story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about when Kostilyoff comes looking for his wife at the boarding house in the first act. Why does he come there looking for her? Do you believe that Pepel really didn't know Kostilyoff's intentions? What are the other characters' responses?
Essay Topic 2
How does Pepel make it known that he appears to not believe that Luka tells the truth? Give specific examples. Why, then, do you think Pepel starts asking Luka about God?
Essay Topic 3
There is a conversation about class distinctions in the first act. Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)