|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notices the mistake in the love story?
2. According to Luka's message, everyone lives for what?
3. Why does Pepel think that Kleshtch is upset?
4. What does Kleshtch relate goodness to?
5. In the third act, Luka asks the other boarders why they tease who?
Essay Topic 1
Write about the exchange between Vassilisa and Pepel and the exchange they had in the second act. What is Vassilisa's initial question to Pepel and what is his response? What business arrangement does she propose to him? Does Pepel accept it?
Essay Topic 2
The original setting changes for the third act. Describe the setting for the third act. Analyze why the writer made this setting change and how it contributes to the mood and theme of the play. How does this setting play into the characters' roles for the third act?
Essay Topic 3
A lot of actors disappeared at the end of the play. Tell about each actor that disappeared. Why do you think they choose to leave? Where do they go? What are the remaining characters' reactions?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)