|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing mentioned missing from the set in the fourth act?
2. Who ridicules the storyteller?
3. Who lies up on top of the stove coughing in the fourth act?
4. What does Luka believe about kindness?
5. Who says that it is not what the storyteller says that matters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When the second act opens, all of the characters are partaking in different activities. Tell what each of the characters are doing at the beginning of the second act.
Essay Topic 2
Anna is dying at the hands of her husband in the first act. How does she really feel about her husband at this point? Discuss how she gave him her food. Also, include her conversation with Luka about her husband.
Essay Topic 3
The original setting changes for the third act. Describe the setting for the third act. Analyze why the writer made this setting change and how it contributes to the mood and theme of the play. How does this setting play into the characters' roles for the third act?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)