|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who likens himself to something that grows in fertile ground?
2. Who is sitting at the table drinking in the fourth act?
3. Who do the boarders think has gone mad since Anna's death?
4. What profession does the second thing missing from the set go with?
5. What do the boarders call "the waste"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The original setting changes for the third act. Describe the setting for the third act. Analyze why the writer made this setting change and how it contributes to the mood and theme of the play. How does this setting play into the characters' roles for the third act?
Essay Topic 2
Write about when Kostilyoff comes looking for his wife at the boarding house in the first act. Why does he come there looking for her? Do you believe that Pepel really didn't know Kostilyoff's intentions? What are the other characters' responses?
Essay Topic 3
Write about Luka's second story that he tells the boarders. Why does he tell the story? Who is Luka telling the story to? What is the lesson to be learned from his story?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)