|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops the storyteller from being ridiculed?
2. Who was the owner of the second thing mentioned missing from the set?
3. Who had a plan at one point to kill his wife and boss?
4. What does the new setting look like in the third act?
5. Where does Pepel say that he is going to run away to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about the conversation that is had about honor and conscience in the first act. Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
Essay Topic 2
There is a conversation about class distinctions in the first act. Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
Essay Topic 3
Write about the exchange between Vassilisa and Pepel and the exchange they had in the second act. What is Vassilisa's initial question to Pepel and what is his response? What business arrangement does she propose to him? Does Pepel accept it?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)