|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the implied goal for which to strive, according to the fourth act?
2. What mistake did the storyteller have while telling the story in the third act?
3. Who asks Luka why he is so good?
4. Who tells a sad love story?
5. Who wants to know why Natasha has not finished her kitchen duties?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about when Kostilyoff comes looking for his wife at the boarding house in the first act. Why does he come there looking for her? Do you believe that Pepel really didn't know Kostilyoff's intentions? What are the other characters' responses?
Essay Topic 2
Write about the newfound hope that Luka gives the Actor. What does Luka tell him about? Is the Actor interested? What important detail does Luka leave out?
Essay Topic 3
Write about the conversation that is had about honor and conscience in the first act. Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)