|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the owner of the second thing mentioned missing from the set?
2. What does Kleshtch relate goodness to?
3. Why does Pepel think that Kleshtch is upset?
4. Who likens himself to something that grows in fertile ground?
5. What mistake did the storyteller have while telling the story in the third act?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Luka tells Anna all about death. Describe the picture that Luka paints through words to Anna about what to expect with death.
Essay Topic 2
The original setting changes for the third act. Describe the setting for the third act. Analyze why the writer made this setting change and how it contributes to the mood and theme of the play. How does this setting play into the characters' roles for the third act?
Essay Topic 3
Tell about the situation at the beginning of the third act when Nastya is telling her love story. Why do you think Nastya keeps telling this same story repeatedly? Why do Bubnoff and the Baron ridicule her about her story? Who sticks up for Nastya?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)