|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Luka's message, everyone lives for what?
2. When does a man no longer have a need for lies according to Luka?
3. Who do the boarders think has gone mad since Anna's death?
4. Who acts as Luka did and suggest that they all stop interfering with each other?
5. Who stops the storyteller from being ridiculed?
Essay Topic 1
The original setting changes for the third act. Describe the setting for the third act. Analyze why the writer made this setting change and how it contributes to the mood and theme of the play. How does this setting play into the characters' roles for the third act?
Essay Topic 2
Nastya's character is wrapped up in romance throughout the entire play. Write an essay discussing all of the ways the writer has Nastya display this.
Essay Topic 3
Write about Luka's second story that he tells the boarders. Why does he tell the story? Who is Luka telling the story to? What is the lesson to be learned from his story?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)