|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Luka why he is so good?
2. Who is sitting nearby listening to the sad love story?
3. Who says that it is not what the storyteller says that matters?
4. Who finds Luka's second story amusing?
5. When did the character that vanished make their exit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nastya's character is wrapped up in romance throughout the entire play. Write an essay discussing all of the ways the writer has Nastya display this.
Essay Topic 2
Write about Luka's first story that he tells the boarders. Why does he tell the story? Who is Luka telling the story to? What is the lesson to be learned from his story?
Essay Topic 3
Anna is dying at the hands of her husband in the first act. How does she really feel about her husband at this point? Discuss how she gave him her food. Also, include her conversation with Luka about her husband.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)