|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hanged himself out in the waste?
2. What is the setting for the third act?
3. Who claims that he can only speak the truth?
4. What is Kleshtch working on during the fourth act?
5. Who has vanished in the fourth act?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Luka tells Anna all about death. Describe the picture that Luka paints through words to Anna about what to expect with death.
Essay Topic 2
Write about when Kostilyoff comes looking for his wife at the boarding house in the first act. Why does he come there looking for her? Do you believe that Pepel really didn't know Kostilyoff's intentions? What are the other characters' responses?
Essay Topic 3
Nastya's character is wrapped up in romance throughout the entire play. Write an essay discussing all of the ways the writer has Nastya display this.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)