|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to know why Natasha has not finished her kitchen duties?
2. Who hanged himself out in the waste?
3. Who encourages the storyteller to continue the love story?
4. What does Tartar relate goodness to?
5. What is the first thing mentioned missing from the set in the fourth act?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Pepel make it known that he appears to not believe that Luka tells the truth? Give specific examples. Why, then, do you think Pepel starts asking Luka about God?
Essay Topic 2
Write about Luka's second story that he tells the boarders. Why does he tell the story? Who is Luka telling the story to? What is the lesson to be learned from his story?
Essay Topic 3
There is a conversation about class distinctions in the first act. Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)