|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hanged himself out in the waste?
2. What is Kleshtch working on during the fourth act?
3. Who is sitting nearby listening to the sad love story?
4. Why do the downtrodden need their fictions according to Luka?
5. Who does the Baron tell to hush up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about the exchange between Vassilisa and Pepel and the exchange they had in the second act. What is Vassilisa's initial question to Pepel and what is his response? What business arrangement does she propose to him? Does Pepel accept it?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Satine is so persistent in wanting to convince the Actor that the information Luka gave him is made up and false? Do you think this was the ultimate cause of the Actor's death?
Essay Topic 3
There is a conversation about class distinctions in the first act. Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)