|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the Actor he will not find the hospital cure?
2. Who shouts that his truth is that he hates everyone?
3. Who spent time praying at his bunk?
4. Who says, "This hole shall be my grave I am dying ill and exhausted."
5. Who makes nasty comments from the window once Pepel professes his love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna is dying at the hands of her husband in the first act. How does she really feel about her husband at this point? Discuss how she gave him her food. Also, include her conversation with Luka about her husband.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the situation when Kostilyoff finds Pepel and Vassilisa alone talking. What takes place? Do you believe that it was planned, and if so, by whom?
Essay Topic 3
The original setting changes for the third act. Describe the setting for the third act. Analyze why the writer made this setting change and how it contributes to the mood and theme of the play. How does this setting play into the characters' roles for the third act?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)