Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the second act, it says that someone appears. Who is it?
2. Who finds Anna dead?
3. Which of these people is a part owner of the location of the first set?
4. Who dismisses Satine's story as superficial?
5. Who is a vendor of baked meat pies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luka say about Nastya's story?
2. What quote does Kleshtch give regarding Luka?
3. How does the play end for the Actor?
4. Who finds Anna dead, and who notifies Kleshtch?
5. What business proposal does Vassilisa present to Pepel?
6. Who sits at a table drinking at the beginning of the fourth act?
7. What is Luka's response to Pepel wondering if he can convince the baron to get on all fours and bark like a dog?
8. What setting is there for Act 2?
9. Name one of the quotes that the Actor has in the fourth act?
10. Describe what the first set looks like.
Essay Topic 1
Anna is dying at the hands of her husband in the first act. How does she really feel about her husband at this point? Discuss how she gave him her food. Also, include her conversation with Luka about her husband.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the situation when Kostilyoff finds Pepel and Vassilisa alone talking. What takes place? Do you believe that it was planned, and if so, by whom?
Essay Topic 3
When the second act opens, all of the characters are partaking in different activities. Tell what each of the characters are doing at the beginning of the second act.
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)