|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the human sounds that can be heard on set?
2. There were two characters that played cards. Which name below names one of the card-playing characters?
3. What is the name of Anna's husband?
4. What are the boarders saying is the negative thing about Anna's death?
5. Who is caught cheating at their game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Luka's first story about?
2. Where does Luka announce that he is leaving to, and why?
3. What life changing event does Luka suggest to Pepel?
4. What does Bubnoff reveal about his past?
5. Bubnoff makes an analogy about Satine's story. What is the analogy?
6. What is wrong with the Actor?
7. What is missing from the set, or the boardinghouse, in the fourth act?
8. What is Natasha's response to Pepel and what does Luka say about it?
9. What do Pepel, Bubnoff, and Kleshtch say about honor and conscience?
10. How does Kostilyoff put Luka down and what is Luka's response?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the situation when Kostilyoff finds Pepel and Vassilisa alone talking. What takes place? Do you believe that it was planned, and if so, by whom?
Essay Topic 2
When the second act opens, all of the characters are partaking in different activities. Tell what each of the characters are doing at the beginning of the second act.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Satine is so persistent in wanting to convince the Actor that the information Luka gave him is made up and false? Do you think this was the ultimate cause of the Actor's death?
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)