|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the hospital for alcoholism located?
2. Who does Andrei say that he thinks Kvashnya will end up marrying?
3. Who offers Pepel a business proposal?
4. What is another thing that divides this set into rooms?
5. What are the human sounds that can be heard on set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What setting is there for Act 2?
2. How did Luka's second story end?
3. What is Anna's health issue?
4. What do all the characters relate goodness to?
5. What are the positives and negatives that the boarders talk about regarding Anna's death?
6. What do Pepel, Bubnoff, and Kleshtch say about honor and conscience?
7. What happens when Vassilisa confronts Pepel, asking him if he loves her?
8. What was Luka's response when the Actor asked where the hospital was located?
9. What are the sounds that you hear coming from the first set before the dialogue begins?
10. Bubnoff makes an analogy about Satine's story. What is the analogy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is everyone's reaction to Anna's death? Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
Essay Topic 2
Write about the newfound hope that Luka gives the Actor. What does Luka tell him about? Is the Actor interested? What important detail does Luka leave out?
Essay Topic 3
Anna is dying at the hands of her husband in the first act. How does she really feel about her husband at this point? Discuss how she gave him her food. Also, include her conversation with Luka about her husband.
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)