|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the boarders saying is the negative thing about Anna's death?
2. At the end of the second act, it says that someone appears. Who is it?
3. Who tells Anna there is nothing to fear?
4. Who says that there is no such thing as a hospital for alcoholism?
5. Who is the policeman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Natasha say in response to Nastya's story?
2. What new information does Luka give the Actor about alcoholism?
3. What does Bubnoff reveal about his past?
4. How does Kostilyoff put Luka down and what is Luka's response?
5. What is the mood that is created by the first set?
6. What does Satine share a story about and how is it received by the others?
7. What happens when Vassilisa confronts Pepel, asking him if he loves her?
8. How did Luka's second story end?
9. What does Luka say when Pepel asks him if there is a God?
10. What business proposal does Vassilisa present to Pepel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a conversation about class distinctions in the first act. Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
Essay Topic 2
When the second act opens, all of the characters are partaking in different activities. Tell what each of the characters are doing at the beginning of the second act.
Essay Topic 3
A lot of details about the opening set are given by the writer. Describe the opening set. Analyze how this set plays a major role in setting the mood for the play. How does this set complement the characters of the play?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)