|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the fight broken up?
2. What is the first set of?
3. Who is looking for his wife in Act 1?
4. What does the Actor say that he is poisoned with?
5. What are the boarders saying is the positive thing about Anna's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bubnoff reveal about his past?
2. What setting is there for Act 2?
3. Why did the boarders say that Kostilyoff came around looking for his wife?
4. What does Andrei do for a living and who does he think that Kvashnya will end up marrying?
5. What do Pepel, Bubnoff, and Kleshtch say about honor and conscience?
6. What does Kvashnya do for living and what does she loudly proclaim in the first set?
7. What does Natasha say in response to Nastya's story?
8. What is Luka's response to Pepel wondering if he can convince the baron to get on all fours and bark like a dog?
9. Who vows melodramatically to leave?
10. What is Anna's health issue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about Luka's second story that he tells the boarders. Why does he tell the story? Who is Luka telling the story to? What is the lesson to be learned from his story?
Essay Topic 2
A lot of actors disappeared at the end of the play. Tell about each actor that disappeared. Why do you think they choose to leave? Where do they go? What are the remaining characters' reactions?
Essay Topic 3
When the second act opens, all of the characters are partaking in different activities. Tell what each of the characters are doing at the beginning of the second act.
This section contains 1,227 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)