|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. There were two characters that watched the others play cards. Which name below names one of the characters watching the others play cards?
2. Who orders Kostilyoff out of the rooming house?
3. Who is the policeman?
4. What can the Actor no longer recall?
5. Who breaks up the fight involving Kostilyoff?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kostilyoff put Luka down and what is Luka's response?
2. What does Bubnoff reveal about his past?
3. What is Zob doing while playing cards?
4. What is Natasha's response to Pepel and what does Luka say about it?
5. What happens with Kleshtch in the second act?
6. Where does Luka announce that he is leaving to, and why?
7. What does Nastya do at the beginning of the third act?
8. Describe what the first set looks like.
9. What life changing event does Luka suggest to Pepel?
10. What business proposal does Vassilisa present to Pepel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a conversation about class distinctions in the first act. Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
Essay Topic 2
Write about the conversation that is had about honor and conscience in the first act. Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
Essay Topic 3
What is everyone's reaction to Anna's death? Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)