|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the second act, it says that someone appears. Who is it?
2. Who finds Anna dead?
3. Which of these people is a part owner of the location of the first set?
4. Who dismisses Satine's story as superficial?
5. Who is a vendor of baked meat pies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luka say about Nastya's story?
2. What quote does Kleshtch give regarding Luka?
3. How does the play end for the Actor?
4. Who finds Anna dead, and who notifies Kleshtch?
5. What business proposal does Vassilisa present to Pepel?
6. Who sits at a table drinking at the beginning of the fourth act?
7. What is Luka's response to Pepel wondering if he can convince the baron to get on all fours and bark like a dog?
8. What setting is there for Act 2?
9. Name one of the quotes that the Actor has in the fourth act?
10. Describe what the first set looks like.
Essay Topic 1
Write about Luka's second story that he tells the boarders. Why does he tell the story? Who is Luka telling the story to? What is the lesson to be learned from his story?
Essay Topic 2
A lot of details about the opening set are given by the writer. Describe the opening set. Analyze how this set plays a major role in setting the mood for the play. How does this set complement the characters of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Write about Luka's first story that he tells the boarders. Why does he tell the story? Who is Luka telling the story to? What is the lesson to be learned from his story?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)