|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is looking for his wife in Act 1?
2. What does the Actor say that he is poisoned with?
3. What are the human sounds that can be heard on set?
4. What season is it in the opening of the play?
5. Whose turn is it to sweep the floor, according to the Actor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Kleshtch and Tartar say about Luka?
2. Who finds Anna dead, and who notifies Kleshtch?
3. What do Pepel, Bubnoff, and Kleshtch say about honor and conscience?
4. What setting is there for Act 2?
5. What does Bubnoff reveal about his past?
6. How did Luka's second story end?
7. What happens when Vassilisa confronts Pepel, asking him if he loves her?
8. What is Natasha's response to Pepel and what does Luka say about it?
9. Who vows melodramatically to leave?
10. What is Anna's health issue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A lot of actors disappeared at the end of the play. Tell about each actor that disappeared. Why do you think they choose to leave? Where do they go? What are the remaining characters' reactions?
Essay Topic 2
Nastya's character is wrapped up in romance throughout the entire play. Write an essay discussing all of the ways the writer has Nastya display this.
Essay Topic 3
Kvashnya says, "That not for a hundred baked lobsters would she marry again" in the first act. She then is married by the fourth act. Why do you think that is? What are the contributing factors to her changing her mind? How do you think Kleshtch was able to foreshadow her marriage to Miedviedieff?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)