|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Anna that after she dies she will suffer no more?
2. There were two characters that were porters. Which name below names one of the characters that was a porter?
3. What is the first set of?
4. There were two characters that watched the others play cards. Which name below names one of the characters watching the others play cards?
5. There were two characters that watched the others play cards. Which name below names one of the characters watching the others play cards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the positives and negatives that the boarders talk about regarding Anna's death?
2. What does Luka tell Anna about death?
3. What does Satine say in the longest speech?
4. What does Andrei do for a living and who does he think that Kvashnya will end up marrying?
5. What is Luka's first story about?
6. What does Luka say about Nastya's story?
7. What is missing from the set, or the boardinghouse, in the fourth act?
8. Why did the boarders say that Kostilyoff came around looking for his wife?
9. Describe what the first set looks like.
10. What setting is there for Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is everyone's reaction to Anna's death? Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
Essay Topic 2
A lot of details about the opening set are given by the writer. Describe the opening set. Analyze how this set plays a major role in setting the mood for the play. How does this set complement the characters of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Nastya's character is wrapped up in romance throughout the entire play. Write an essay discussing all of the ways the writer has Nastya display this.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)