|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that the deaf do not hear?
2. There were two characters that played checkers. Which name below names one of the characters playing checkers?
3. What part of the wall holds the window(s)?
4. Who says, "If you have faith, there is; if you haven't, there isn't whatever you believe in, exists"?
5. What does Pepel say when Vassilisa asks him if he loves her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nastya admit at the beginning of the fourth act?
2. What life changing event does Luka suggest to Pepel?
3. Bubnoff makes an analogy about Satine's story. What is the analogy?
4. What does Pepel profess to Natasha?
5. What business proposal does Vassilisa present to Pepel?
6. What is the setting for the third act?
7. What is Zob doing while playing cards?
8. Who sits at a table drinking at the beginning of the fourth act?
9. What does Luka say about Nastya's story?
10. How does Kostilyoff put Luka down and what is Luka's response?
Essay Topic 1
Luka tells Anna all about death. Describe the picture that Luka paints through words to Anna about what to expect with death.
Essay Topic 2
Write about the conversation that is had about honor and conscience in the first act. Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
Essay Topic 3
When the second act opens, all of the characters are partaking in different activities. Tell what each of the characters are doing at the beginning of the second act.
This section contains 1,190 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)