|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who breaks up the fight involving Kostilyoff?
2. Who tells Anna there is nothing to fear?
3. Whose turn is it to sweep the floor, according to Kleshtch?
4. What is one of the things that divides the first set into rooms?
5. There were two characters that were porters. Which name below names one of the characters that was a porter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who sits at a table drinking at the beginning of the fourth act?
2. Who is caught cheating at the card game?
3. Why do the boarders seem to think that Kleshtch has gone mad since the death of his wife?
4. What is the Actor's viewpoint on the hospital with the cure during the fourth act?
5. What does Nastya do at the beginning of the third act?
6. What are the sounds that you hear coming from the first set before the dialogue begins?
7. What does Pepel profess to Natasha?
8. What do Kleshtch and Tartar say about Luka?
9. What is Luka's second story about?
10. What happens with Kleshtch in the second act?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tell about the situation at the beginning of the third act when Nastya is telling her love story. Why do you think Nastya keeps telling this same story repeatedly? Why do Bubnoff and the Baron ridicule her about her story? Who sticks up for Nastya?
Essay Topic 2
When the second act opens, all of the characters are partaking in different activities. Tell what each of the characters are doing at the beginning of the second act.
Essay Topic 3
Nastya's character is wrapped up in romance throughout the entire play. Write an essay discussing all of the ways the writer has Nastya display this.
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)