|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say that the opening set is similar to?
2. Whose turn is it to sweep the floor, according to Kleshtch?
3. Who is caught cheating at their game?
4. Who feels that Luka tells pleasant lies to make people feel better?
5. Who says that there is no such thing as a hospital for alcoholism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting for the third act?
2. Describe what the first set looks like.
3. How did Luka's second story end?
4. What happens when Vassilisa confronts Pepel, asking him if he loves her?
5. What does Satine say in the longest speech?
6. What quote does Kleshtch give regarding Luka?
7. What life changing event does Luka suggest to Pepel?
8. What does Bubnoff reveal about his past?
9. What is the Actor's viewpoint on the hospital with the cure during the fourth act?
10. What does Andrei do for a living and who does he think that Kvashnya will end up marrying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The original setting changes for the third act. Describe the setting for the third act. Analyze why the writer made this setting change and how it contributes to the mood and theme of the play. How does this setting play into the characters' roles for the third act?
Essay Topic 2
Write about the conversation that is had about honor and conscience in the first act. Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
Essay Topic 3
Nastya's character is wrapped up in romance throughout the entire play. Write an essay discussing all of the ways the writer has Nastya display this.
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)