|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that the deaf do not hear?
2. Who snatches a book away from Nastya?
3. Who is dying a slow and painful death?
4. Who sings a song about prison life?
5. Who climbs on top of the stove?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vassilisa exit in a rage from the boarding house?
2. What does Satine share a story about and how is it received by the others?
3. Who is caught cheating at the card game?
4. What is the setting for the third act?
5. What business proposal does Vassilisa present to Pepel?
6. Who offers Anna food and what does Anna do with the food?
7. What is missing from the set, or the boardinghouse, in the fourth act?
8. Who sits at a table drinking at the beginning of the fourth act?
9. What is Luka's response to Pepel wondering if he can convince the baron to get on all fours and bark like a dog?
10. What does Bubnoff reveal about his past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is everyone's reaction to Anna's death? Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
Essay Topic 2
A lot of details about the opening set are given by the writer. Describe the opening set. Analyze how this set plays a major role in setting the mood for the play. How does this set complement the characters of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Luka tells Anna all about death. Describe the picture that Luka paints through words to Anna about what to expect with death.
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)