|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. There were two characters that watched the others play cards. Which name below names one of the characters watching the others play cards?
2. Who finds Anna dead?
3. Who offers Anna food?
4. There were two characters that played checkers. Which name below names one of the characters playing checkers?
5. What season is it in the opening of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bubnoff reveal about his past?
2. Who likes to tease Nastya and what does he tease her about?
3. What happens with Kleshtch in the second act?
4. Name one of the quotes that the Actor has in the fourth act?
5. What do all the characters relate goodness to?
6. What is missing from the set, or the boardinghouse, in the fourth act?
7. What are the positives and negatives that the boarders talk about regarding Anna's death?
8. Who sits at a table drinking at the beginning of the fourth act?
9. What do Pepel, Bubnoff, and Kleshtch say about honor and conscience?
10. Who vows melodramatically to leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A lot of details about the opening set are given by the writer. Describe the opening set. Analyze how this set plays a major role in setting the mood for the play. How does this set complement the characters of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Luka tells Anna all about death. Describe the picture that Luka paints through words to Anna about what to expect with death.
Essay Topic 3
When the second act opens, all of the characters are partaking in different activities. Tell what each of the characters are doing at the beginning of the second act.
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)