|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Pepel a business proposal?
2. There were two characters that were porters. Which name below names one of the characters that was a porter?
3. What does Kleshtch tell Anna when he is hovering over her while she is talking with Luka?
4. Who shakes Kostilyoff violently?
5. What are the boarders saying is the negative thing about Anna's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Luka's response when the Actor asked where the hospital was located?
2. How does Kostilyoff put Luka down and what is Luka's response?
3. What does Nastya admit at the beginning of the fourth act?
4. What does Nastya do at the beginning of the third act?
5. What do Kleshtch and Tartar say about Luka?
6. What does Bubnoff reveal about his past?
7. What setting is there for Act 2?
8. What do all the characters relate goodness to?
9. Why does Vassilisa exit in a rage from the boarding house?
10. Which character is currently being beaten and abused in Act 1, and by who?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When the second act opens, all of the characters are partaking in different activities. Tell what each of the characters are doing at the beginning of the second act.
Essay Topic 2
Anna is dying at the hands of her husband in the first act. How does she really feel about her husband at this point? Discuss how she gave him her food. Also, include her conversation with Luka about her husband.
Essay Topic 3
Write about the conversation that is had about honor and conscience in the first act. Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)