|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is looking for his wife in Act 1?
2. Who catches the cheater?
3. Who lives in the rooms of the first set?
4. Which of these people is a part owner of the location of the first set?
5. Who says that Anna is probably better off dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who offers Anna food and what does Anna do with the food?
2. What do Kleshtch and Tartar say about Luka?
3. How does Kostilyoff put Luka down and what is Luka's response?
4. What does Pepel profess to Natasha?
5. What is the mood that is created by the first set?
6. What setting is there for Act 2?
7. What does Nastya admit at the beginning of the fourth act?
8. What does Satine share a story about and how is it received by the others?
9. Who vows melodramatically to leave?
10. Bubnoff makes an analogy about Satine's story. What is the analogy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Luka tells Anna all about death. Describe the picture that Luka paints through words to Anna about what to expect with death.
Essay Topic 2
Write about when Kostilyoff comes looking for his wife at the boarding house in the first act. Why does he come there looking for her? Do you believe that Pepel really didn't know Kostilyoff's intentions? What are the other characters' responses?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Satine is so persistent in wanting to convince the Actor that the information Luka gave him is made up and false? Do you think this was the ultimate cause of the Actor's death?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)