|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the opening set resemble?
2. Who dismisses Satine's story as superficial?
3. Which of these people is a part owner of the location of the first set?
4. How is the fight broken up?
5. There were two characters that played checkers. Which name below names one of the characters playing checkers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Kleshtch tell to sweep the floor and what is the other character's response?
2. Why does Vassilisa exit in a rage from the boarding house?
3. Describe what the first set looks like.
4. What is Luka's first story about?
5. What are the sounds that you hear coming from the first set before the dialogue begins?
6. What does Natasha say in response to Nastya's story?
7. What is the mood that is created by the first set?
8. Bubnoff makes an analogy about Satine's story. What is the analogy?
9. How does the play end for the Actor?
10. What does Satine share a story about and how is it received by the others?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nastya's character is wrapped up in romance throughout the entire play. Write an essay discussing all of the ways the writer has Nastya display this.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Satine is so persistent in wanting to convince the Actor that the information Luka gave him is made up and false? Do you think this was the ultimate cause of the Actor's death?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the situation when Kostilyoff finds Pepel and Vassilisa alone talking. What takes place? Do you believe that it was planned, and if so, by whom?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)