|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Kleshtch that Anna is dead?
2. What is the reward offered for whomever does away with Kostilyoff?
3. There were two characters that watched the others play cards. Which name below names one of the characters watching the others play cards?
4. Who offers Anna food?
5. Who tells Anna that after she dies she will suffer no more?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who vows melodramatically to leave?
2. Who likes to tease Nastya and what does he tease her about?
3. What is Luka's response to Pepel wondering if he can convince the baron to get on all fours and bark like a dog?
4. What was Luka's response when the Actor asked where the hospital was located?
5. Who does Kleshtch tell to sweep the floor and what is the other character's response?
6. Which characters are playing cards and who is watching them?
7. What is Kleshtch working on in the fourth act?
8. What business proposal does Vassilisa present to Pepel?
9. How does Kostilyoff put Luka down and what is Luka's response?
10. What happens when Vassilisa confronts Pepel, asking him if he loves her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tell about the situation at the beginning of the third act when Nastya is telling her love story. Why do you think Nastya keeps telling this same story repeatedly? Why do Bubnoff and the Baron ridicule her about her story? Who sticks up for Nastya?
Essay Topic 2
Anna is dying at the hands of her husband in the first act. How does she really feel about her husband at this point? Discuss how she gave him her food. Also, include her conversation with Luka about her husband.
Essay Topic 3
What is everyone's reaction to Anna's death? Compare and contrast what each of the characters' stances on these two points are.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)