|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Kleshtch that Anna is dead?
(a) Tartar and Zob.
(b) Luka and Pepel.
(c) Natasha and Nastya.
(d) The Baron and the Actor.
2. Who sings a song about prison life?
3. Who feels that Luka tells pleasant lies to make people feel better?
(d) The Baron.
4. What is one of the things that divides the first set into rooms?
(b) Thin boards.
5. Who dismisses Satine's story as superficial?
(c) The Actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sits and talks with Anna at the beginning of the second act?
2. Who lives in the rooms of the first set?
3. At the end of the second act, it says that someone appears. Who is it?
4. How many windows are in the opening set?
5. Who do Pepel and Bubnoff discuss honor and conscience with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Vassilisa confronts Pepel, asking him if he loves her?
2. What is the mood that is created by the first set?
3. What is Luka's first story about?
4. What setting is there for Act 2?
5. What quote does Kleshtch give regarding Luka?
6. Who vows melodramatically to leave?
7. What does Satine share a story about and how is it received by the others?
8. What does Natasha say in response to Nastya's story?
9. What does Bubnoff reveal about his past?
10. What is Anna's health issue?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)