|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many windows are in the opening set?
2. Who offers Anna food?
(a) The Actor.
(d) The Baron.
3. What kinds of books does Nastya like to read?
(a) Science fiction.
(c) Children's books.
(d) Romance novels.
4. Where is the hospital for alcoholism located?
(b) United States.
(c) We are told we will find out in time.
5. What are the boarders saying is the negative thing about Anna's death?
(a) The expense, the bother, and the smell.
(b) They will miss her.
(c) They will have to put up with Kostilyoff more.
(d) They will have no one to confide in.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the walls of the opening set look?
2. Who dismisses Satine's story as superficial?
3. Who tells Kleshtch that Anna is dead?
4. Who says that the deaf do not hear?
5. What does Nastya do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is missing from the set, or the boardinghouse, in the fourth act?
2. What does Luka do when Vassilisa demands that he leave?
3. Which characters are playing cards and who is watching them?
4. What do Pepel, Bubnoff, and Kleshtch say about honor and conscience?
5. What new information does Luka give the Actor about alcoholism?
6. Why do the boarders seem to think that Kleshtch has gone mad since the death of his wife?
7. What happened to Natasha, Vassilisa, and Pepel at the end of the play?
8. Why did the boarders say that Kostilyoff came around looking for his wife?
9. What is Natasha's response to Pepel and what does Luka say about it?
10. What is Luka's response to Pepel wondering if he can convince the baron to get on all fours and bark like a dog?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)