|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pepel told to run off to?
2. What is another thing that divides this set into rooms?
(b) Tables and chairs.
(d) Arrangement of beds and bunks.
3. Who catches the cheater?
4. What does the writer say that the opening set is similar to?
(a) A backyard.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A cave-like cellar.
(d) A pizza parlor.
5. Who does Andrei say that he thinks Kvashnya will end up marrying?
(b) The Actor.
(c) The Baron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests a hospital to help with the alcoholism?
2. Who is dying a slow and painful death?
3. What are the boarders saying is the negative thing about Anna's death?
4. What does Satine tell a story about?
5. How is the fight broken up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Luka's second story about?
2. Why do the boarders seem to think that Kleshtch has gone mad since the death of his wife?
3. What life changing event does Luka suggest to Pepel?
4. What does Andrei do for a living and who does he think that Kvashnya will end up marrying?
5. Who does Kleshtch tell to sweep the floor and what is the other character's response?
6. What is Kleshtch working on in the fourth act?
7. Why does Vassilisa exit in a rage from the boarding house?
8. Name one of the quotes that the Actor has in the fourth act?
9. What does Luka say about Nastya's story?
10. What happened to Natasha, Vassilisa, and Pepel at the end of the play?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)