|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of books does Nastya like to read?
(a) Romance novels.
(b) Children's books.
(d) Science fiction.
2. Which character is an alcoholic?
(b) The Baron.
(d) The Actor.
3. What are the boarders saying is the positive thing about Anna's death?
(a) They will have more room.
(b) It will cost them less money in groceries.
(c) It will be much quieter for sleeping.
(d) She is no longer suffering.
4. Which wall holds the window(s)?
5. Where is the hospital for alcoholism located?
(a) United States.
(c) We are told we will find out in time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna say about the possibility of Kleshthch feeling pained by Anna's condition?
2. Who is dying a slow and painful death?
3. There were two characters that played cards. Which name below names one of the card-playing characters?
4. Who does Andrei say that he thinks Kvashnya will end up marrying?
5. How is the alcoholic told to prepare himself to go to the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luka tell Anna about death?
2. What does Pepel profess to Natasha?
3. How did Luka's second story end?
4. What does Nastya do at the beginning of the third act?
5. How does the play end for the Actor?
6. Where does Luka announce that he is leaving to, and why?
7. Why do the boarders seem to think that Kleshtch has gone mad since the death of his wife?
8. What happens with Kleshtch in the second act?
9. What is Luka's second story about?
10. Who likes to tease Nastya and what does he tease her about?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)