|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luka say is the thing that a man loves?
(a) His home.
(b) A man's very soul.
(c) A good woman.
(d) His alcohol.
2. What does Satine tell a story about?
(b) His family life.
(d) His past education.
3. What does Anna say about the possibility of Kleshthch feeling pained by Anna's condition?
(a) Anna dismisses it, saying Kleshtch caused it.
(b) Anna agrees.
(c) Nothing, she cries.
(d) Anna tells Luka that Keshtch told her that.
4. How is the alcoholic told to prepare himself to go to the hospital?
(a) Stop drinking so much.
(b) Say goodbye to family.
(c) No eating.
(d) Change his clothes.
5. What are the boarders saying is the positive thing about Anna's death?
(a) It will cost them less money in groceries.
(b) They will have more room.
(c) She is no longer suffering.
(d) It will be much quieter for sleeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nastya do for a living?
2. Who catches the cheater?
3. Who dismisses Satine's story as superficial?
4. Who says that the deaf do not hear?
5. Who breaks up the fight involving Kostilyoff?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is caught cheating at the card game?
2. Who finds Anna dead, and who notifies Kleshtch?
3. Name one of the quotes that the Actor has in the fourth act?
4. What does Luka say when Pepel asks him if there is a God?
5. Which character is currently being beaten and abused in Act 1, and by who?
6. How does the play end for the Actor?
7. What setting is there for Act 2?
8. What is wrong with the Actor?
9. Who offers Anna food and what does Anna do with the food?
10. What business proposal does Vassilisa present to Pepel?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)