|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Anna that after she dies she will suffer no more?
2. Who finds Anna dead?
3. There were two characters that watched the others play cards. Which name below names one of the characters watching the others play cards?
(b) The Actor.
4. What does Kleshtch tell Anna when he is hovering over her while she is talking with Luka?
(a) Nothing, he leaves.
(b) That he is sorry.
(c) That he will miss her.
(d) That he loves her.
5. Which of these people is a part owner of the location of the first set?
(b) The Actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the second act, it says that someone appears. Who is it?
2. Whose turn is it to sweep the floor, according to Kleshtch?
3. Who is reminded that he must repay his debts in this life, not the afterlife?
4. Who breaks up the fight involving Kostilyoff?
5. Who is caught cheating at their game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Natasha say in response to Nastya's story?
2. What is Natasha's response to Pepel and what does Luka say about it?
3. What are the positives and negatives that the boarders talk about regarding Anna's death?
4. What is the setting for the third act?
5. Who sits at a table drinking at the beginning of the fourth act?
6. What is Luka's response to Pepel wondering if he can convince the baron to get on all fours and bark like a dog?
7. Where does Luka announce that he is leaving to, and why?
8. Who is caught cheating at the card game?
9. What is Kleshtch working on in the fourth act?
10. How did Luka's second story end?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)