|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Anna there is nothing to fear?
2. How does Pepel feel about Luka?
(a) Hates him.
(b) Indifferent to him.
(c) Pepel likes him right away.
(d) Confused by his kindness, but grateful.
3. What does the opening set resemble?
(a) A salon.
(c) Prison Cell.
(d) A bedroom.
4. Where is Pepel told to run off to?
5. Who sings a song about prison life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of books does Nastya like to read?
2. Who snatches a book away from Nastya?
3. Who orders Kostilyoff out of the rooming house?
4. Who shakes Kostilyoff violently?
5. Who is the policeman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which characters are playing cards and who is watching them?
2. Who vows melodramatically to leave?
3. What is the setting for the third act?
4. What does Nastya do at the beginning of the third act?
5. How did Luka's second story end?
6. What happens when Vassilisa confronts Pepel, asking him if he loves her?
7. What is Anna's health issue?
8. What does Satine share a story about and how is it received by the others?
9. What do Pepel, Bubnoff, and Kleshtch say about honor and conscience?
10. Who finds Anna dead, and who notifies Kleshtch?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)