|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is caught cheating at their game?
(a) The Baron.
(b) The Actor.
2. Who does Luka tell Pepel that he should run off with?
3. What does the opening set resemble?
(a) A salon.
(b) Prison Cell.
(d) A bedroom.
4. How is the lighting of the opening act?
(a) Daylight and Calm.
(b) Sunset and Serene.
(c) Dark and Gloomy.
(d) Bright and Happy.
5. Who sits and talks with Anna at the beginning of the second act?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the walls of the opening set look?
2. There were two characters that watched the others play cards. Which name below names one of the characters watching the others play cards?
3. Who sings a song about prison life?
4. Who shakes Kostilyoff violently?
5. Who is a vendor of baked meat pies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pepel profess to Natasha?
2. What does Nastya admit at the beginning of the fourth act?
3. Who likes to tease Nastya and what does he tease her about?
4. What do Pepel, Bubnoff, and Kleshtch say about honor and conscience?
5. What was Luka's response when the Actor asked where the hospital was located?
6. What is Luka's second story about?
7. What is the setting for the third act?
8. Who does Kleshtch tell to sweep the floor and what is the other character's response?
9. What business proposal does Vassilisa present to Pepel?
10. What is the mood that is created by the first set?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)