|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders Kostilyoff out of the rooming house?
2. What kinds of books does Nastya like to read?
(a) Romance novels.
(b) Children's books.
(c) Science fiction.
3. There were two characters that played checkers. Which name below names one of the characters playing checkers?
(a) The Actor.
(c) The Baron.
4. Who does Luka tell Pepel that he should run off with?
5. What is the name of Anna's husband?
(b) The Actor.
(c) The Baron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that the deaf do not hear?
2. What does Nastya do for a living?
3. Where is Pepel told to run off to?
4. What is the opening set made out of?
5. Who finds Anna dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kostilyoff put Luka down and what is Luka's response?
2. What new information does Luka give the Actor about alcoholism?
3. Which characters are playing cards and who is watching them?
4. What is the setting for the third act?
5. What do Kleshtch and Tartar say about Luka?
6. What does Satine say in the longest speech?
7. What is off about Nastya's story?
8. What happens with Kleshtch in the second act?
9. Why did the boarders say that Kostilyoff came around looking for his wife?
10. What does Luka do when Vassilisa demands that he leave?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)