|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sits and talks with Anna at the beginning of the second act?
2. How is the alcoholic told to prepare himself to go to the hospital?
(a) Say goodbye to family.
(b) Change his clothes.
(c) Stop drinking so much.
(d) No eating.
3. What did Bubnoff make in his past?
4. Who offers Pepel a business proposal?
(a) The Baron.
5. What does Pepel say when Vassilisa asks him if he loves her?
(a) Pepel says, of course he loves her.
(b) Pepel tells her that he loves Natasha.
(c) Pepel acts like he doesn't hear her.
(d) Pepel says that he never has.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pepel told to run off?
2. Who says that the dead cannot hear or feel?
3. What does the writer say that the opening set is similar to?
4. What kinds of books does Nastya like to read?
5. What is another thing that divides this set into rooms?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who offers Anna food and what does Anna do with the food?
2. What is Natasha's response to Pepel and what does Luka say about it?
3. Which characters are playing cards and who is watching them?
4. What is Luka's second story about?
5. What do Pepel, Bubnoff, and Kleshtch say about honor and conscience?
6. What setting is there for Act 2?
7. What does Bubnoff reveal about his past?
8. Who is caught cheating at the card game?
9. What does Luka tell Anna about death?
10. Who sits at a table drinking at the beginning of the fourth act?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)