|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the opening set resemble?
(a) Prison Cell.
(b) A salon.
(d) A bedroom.
2. Who lives in the rooms of the first set?
(d) Sick people.
3. Whose turn is it to sweep the floor, according to Kleshtch?
(b) The actor.
4. What season is it in the opening of the play?
5. Who climbs on top of the stove?
(d) The Baron.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many windows are in the opening set?
2. How do the walls of the opening set look?
3. Which character is an alcoholic?
4. What does Anna do with the food that is offered to her?
5. There were two characters that played cards. Which name below names one of the card-playing characters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the boarders seem to think that Kleshtch has gone mad since the death of his wife?
2. What happens when the Baron threatens to strike Nastya?
3. What happened to Natasha, Vassilisa, and Pepel at the end of the play?
4. What quote does Kleshtch give regarding Luka?
5. Why did the boarders say that Kostilyoff came around looking for his wife?
6. What is missing from the set, or the boardinghouse, in the fourth act?
7. Who likes to tease Nastya and what does he tease her about?
8. What happens with Kleshtch in the second act?
9. Which character is currently being beaten and abused in Act 1, and by who?
10. Name one of the quotes that the Actor has in the fourth act?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)