|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the center of the room of the first set?
(b) A water fountain.
(c) Wooden table and a pair of benches.
(d) Large Russian Stove.
2. Who shakes Kostilyoff violently?
3. There were two characters that watched the others play cards. Which name below names one of the characters watching the others play cards?
(c) The Actor.
4. What does the Actor say that he is poisoned with?
5. What is the setting for Act 2?
(a) Rooming house.
(b) Pizza parlor.
(d) Computer lab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luka say is the thing that a man loves?
2. What does the writer say that the opening set is similar to?
3. What is one of the things that divides the first set into rooms?
4. Who do the boarders say that Kostilyoff thought he would find his wife in bed with?
5. Which of these people is a part owner of the location of the first set?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kostilyoff put Luka down and what is Luka's response?
2. What is Luka's first story about?
3. What does Luka tell Anna about death?
4. Which characters are playing cards and who is watching them?
5. Who finds Anna dead, and who notifies Kleshtch?
6. How does the play end for the Actor?
7. What does Andrei do for a living and who does he think that Kvashnya will end up marrying?
8. What are the positives and negatives that the boarders talk about regarding Anna's death?
9. Who vows melodramatically to leave?
10. What do Pepel, Bubnoff, and Kleshtch say about honor and conscience?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)