|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepel say when Vassilisa asks him if he loves her?
(a) Pepel says, of course he loves her.
(b) Pepel tells her that he loves Natasha.
(c) Pepel acts like he doesn't hear her.
(d) Pepel says that he never has.
2. Who do Pepel and Bubnoff discuss honor and conscience with?
3. What is the locksmith trying to fix?
(a) The lock on the safe.
(b) A stubborn lock.
(c) The toilet.
(d) The clogged pipe.
4. Who asks if there is a God?
(c) The Baron.
5. What is in the center of the room of the first set?
(b) Wooden table and a pair of benches.
(c) A water fountain.
(d) Large Russian Stove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nastya do for a living?
2. Who is the cap maker?
3. Near the end of the second act, who does Vassilisa demand to leave?
4. How many windows are in the opening set?
5. There were two characters that watched the others play cards. Which name below names one of the characters watching the others play cards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kvashnya do for living and what does she loudly proclaim in the first set?
2. Which character is currently being beaten and abused in Act 1, and by who?
3. What does Luka do when Vassilisa demands that he leave?
4. Who likes to tease Nastya and what does he tease her about?
5. Who sits at a table drinking at the beginning of the fourth act?
6. What are the positives and negatives that the boarders talk about regarding Anna's death?
7. What do Kleshtch and Tartar say about Luka?
8. What happens with Kleshtch in the second act?
9. What do all the characters relate goodness to?
10. What is Anna's health issue?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)