|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the man in Luka's second story found out that he was lied to, what did he do?
(a) He vowed to be truthful the rest of his life.
(b) He sat and cried.
(c) He moved on with his life.
(d) Struck out at the man who told him the truth.
2. Who was the owner of the second thing mentioned missing from the set?
(a) The Actor.
3. What does Satine relate goodness to?
(a) A school child.
(b) The Criminal Code.
(c) Going to church.
(d) A report card.
4. How does Luka discover true nature in his story?
(a) His mother told him.
(b) He didn't.
(c) By listening and not speaking.
(d) By being kind rather than killing.
5. What is it that matters about the love story?
(a) How it ends.
(b) The meaning behind the words.
(c) How it begins.
(d) The location.
6. What is significant about the love story?
(a) It is based on the teller's life.
(b) There is no love in it.
(c) It ends differently every time.
(d) It is happening in present time.
7. Whose room was the first thing mentioned missing from?
8. What does the new setting look like in the third act?
(a) Just white walls.
(b) Garbage and weeds.
(c) Appliances and table and chairs.
(d) Doctors and nurses.
9. What is Luka's story in the third act about?
(a) Dead people.
(b) Two escaped convicts.
(d) Two children playing.
10. In Luka's second story, what was the man in search of?
(b) His child.
(c) His wife.
(d) Land of righteousness.
11. What does Luka believe about kindness?
(a) That it comes from family.
(b) That everyone has it always.
(c) That it can be taught.
(d) That you are born with it.
12. How did Luka's second story end?
(a) The man became rich.
(b) The man was cured from being sick.
(c) The man hung himself.
(d) The man got married.
13. Who says that they believe the storyteller's love story?
14. Who admits that they love Luka?
15. Who says, "All men deserve respect, not pity"?
(b) The Actor.
(d) The Baron.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the third act, Luka asks the other boarders why they tease who?
2. Who notices the mistake in the love story?
3. Who says, "He persuaded them to go away but failed to show them the road"?
4. Who gives the longest speech in the whole play?
5. When does a man no longer have a need for lies according to Luka?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)