|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shouts that his truth is that he hates everyone?
2. Who does Pepel profess his love to in the third act?
(d) The Actor.
3. What does Tartar say about Luka?
(a) He calls Luka a liar.
(b) He calls Luka old.
(c) He calls Luka annoying.
(d) He calls Luka good.
4. Who had a plan at one point to kill his wife and boss?
(d) The Actor.
5. Who tells the Actor he will not find the hospital cure?
6. Who stops the storyteller from being ridiculed?
7. Who is sitting at the table drinking in the fourth act?
(a) Bubnoff, Tartar, and Kostilyoff.
(b) Satine, Anna, and Bubnoff.
(c) Satine, the Baron, and Nastya.
(d) Anna, Natasha, and Zob.
8. In Luka's second story, what was the man in search of?
(a) Land of righteousness.
(b) His child.
(d) His wife.
9. Who protects Nastya from being struck?
(a) The Actor.
(c) The Baron.
10. Whose room was the first thing mentioned missing from?
11. How does the setting look in the fourth act?
12. Who encourages the storyteller to continue the love story?
(c) The Actor.
13. Who admits to the others that she lies to herself and invents a life of happily ever after for herself?
14. What is the significance of the way that the Actor speaks of finding his hospital cure?
(a) He is determined to find it no matter what.
(b) He is distancing himself from it.
(c) He thinks that he is already cured.
(d) He has given up.
15. What is the implied goal for which to strive, according to the fourth act?
(a) Being a free man.
(b) Being a rich man.
(c) Being a healthy man.
(d) Being a genuine man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kleshtch relate goodness to?
2. What does Satine relate goodness to?
3. In Luka's second story, how will the man know when he reaches his goal?
4. Who does the Baron tell to hush up?
5. Who says that it is not what the storyteller says that matters?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)