|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the way that the Actor speaks of finding his hospital cure?
(a) He thinks that he is already cured.
(b) He has given up.
(c) He is distancing himself from it.
(d) He is determined to find it no matter what.
2. Who threatens to strike Nastya?
(a) The Actor.
(c) The Baron.
3. What is the implied goal for which to strive, according to the fourth act?
(a) Being a rich man.
(b) Being a free man.
(c) Being a genuine man.
(d) Being a healthy man.
4. Who is in prison awaiting trial?
(a) Vassilisa and Pepel.
(b) Natasha and Pepel.
(c) Vassilisa and Bubnoff.
(d) Nastya and Bubnoff.
5. What mistake did the storyteller have while telling the story in the third act?
(a) The lover's name changed.
(b) How they met changed.
(c) The ending changed.
(d) The location changed.
6. Who encourages the storyteller to continue the love story?
(a) The Actor.
7. Which character has disappeared without a trace in the fourth act?
8. Why do the downtrodden need their fictions according to Luka?
(a) To trick others.
(b) To look a little better.
(c) To give them hope.
(d) To make others feel better.
9. How did Luka's second story end?
(a) The man got married.
(b) The man hung himself.
(c) The man became rich.
(d) The man was cured from being sick.
10. What does Luka believe about kindness?
(a) That you are born with it.
(b) That it can be taught.
(c) That everyone has it always.
(d) That it comes from family.
11. Who finds Luka's second story amusing?
(a) The Baron.
(d) The Actor.
12. Why does Luka think that Kleshtch is upset in act three?
(a) He is tired.
(b) His loss of work.
(c) He is sick.
(d) His broken heart.
13. What is Luka's story in the third act about?
(a) Two escaped convicts.
(c) Two children playing.
(d) Dead people.
14. What does Kleshtch say about Luka?
(a) Calls him old.
(b) Calls him good.
(c) Calls him annoying.
(d) Calls him merciful.
15. What profession does the second thing missing from the set go with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes nasty comments from the window once Pepel professes his love?
2. Why does Luka want to move on to a new location?
3. Who protects Nastya from being struck?
4. Who spent time praying at his bunk?
5. Who has vanished in the fourth act?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)