|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Luka's second story end?
(a) The man became rich.
(b) The man was cured from being sick.
(c) The man hung himself.
(d) The man got married.
2. In Luka's second story, how will the man know when he reaches his goal?
(a) Everything will be peaceful and good.
(b) He will be healthy.
(c) He will be told.
(d) He will be rich.
3. Who threatens to strike Nastya?
(b) The Actor.
(d) The Baron.
4. Who shouts that his truth is that he hates everyone?
5. Who says that they believe the storyteller's love story?
6. What mistake did the storyteller have while telling the story in the third act?
(a) The ending changed.
(b) The lover's name changed.
(c) How they met changed.
(d) The location changed.
7. What is Luka's story in the third act about?
(a) Two escaped convicts.
(b) Dead people.
(c) Two children playing.
8. When the man in Luka's second story found out that he was lied to, what did he do?
(a) Struck out at the man who told him the truth.
(b) He sat and cried.
(c) He moved on with his life.
(d) He vowed to be truthful the rest of his life.
9. What is it that matters about the love story?
(a) How it begins.
(b) The meaning behind the words.
(c) The location.
(d) How it ends.
10. Why does Pepel think that Kleshtch is upset?
(a) His broken heart.
(b) He is tired.
(c) He is sick.
(d) His loss of work.
11. Who likens himself to something that grows in fertile ground?
(c) The Actor.
12. What is the implied goal for which to strive, according to the fourth act?
(a) Being a healthy man.
(b) Being a rich man.
(c) Being a free man.
(d) Being a genuine man.
13. Who tells a sad love story?
14. Who stops the storyteller from being ridiculed?
15. What does Tartar relate goodness to?
(a) A report card.
(b) The Criminal Code.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luka believe about kindness?
2. Who says, "All men deserve respect, not pity"?
3. Who does the Baron tell to hush up?
4. Who gives the longest speech in the whole play?
5. Who lies up on top of the stove coughing in the fourth act?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)