|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lies up on top of the stove coughing in the fourth act?
(c) The Actor.
(d) The Baron.
2. Where does the fourth act take place?
(a) Mental ward.
3. Who protects Nastya from being struck?
(a) The Actor.
(b) The Baron.
4. How does Luka discover true nature in his story?
(a) By being kind rather than killing.
(b) His mother told him.
(c) By listening and not speaking.
(d) He didn't.
5. In Luka's second story, what was the man in search of?
(a) Land of righteousness.
(b) His child.
(c) His wife.
6. Why do the downtrodden need their fictions according to Luka?
(a) To give them hope.
(b) To trick others.
(c) To look a little better.
(d) To make others feel better.
7. What is Luka's story in the third act about?
(a) Two children playing.
(c) Dead people.
(d) Two escaped convicts.
8. How does the setting look in the fourth act?
9. Who wants to know why Natasha has not finished her kitchen duties?
(c) The Actor.
10. When the man in Luka's second story found out that he was lied to, what did he do?
(a) Struck out at the man who told him the truth.
(b) He moved on with his life.
(c) He sat and cried.
(d) He vowed to be truthful the rest of his life.
11. What is the setting for the third act?
(a) The yard in the back of the rooming house.
(b) The mental ward.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The hospital.
12. Who tells a sad love story?
13. Who shouts that his truth is that he hates everyone?
14. What does the new setting look like in the third act?
(a) Appliances and table and chairs.
(b) Garbage and weeds.
(c) Just white walls.
(d) Doctors and nurses.
15. What does Luka believe about kindness?
(a) That it can be taught.
(b) That you are born with it.
(c) That it comes from family.
(d) That everyone has it always.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who vows melodramatically to leave in the fourth act?
2. Who says, "All men deserve respect, not pity"?
3. Why does Luka want to move on to a new location?
4. Who says, "This hole shall be my grave I am dying ill and exhausted."
5. Who does Pepel profess his love to in the third act?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)