|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who vows melodramatically to leave in the fourth act?
(d) The Actor.
2. Who listens to the love story through a boardinghouse window?
(a) The Actor.
3. Who spent time praying at his bunk?
(a) The Baron.
(b) The Actor.
4. Who mocks Satine for telling all of his stories?
(b) The Baron.
(d) The Actor.
5. What does Luka believe about kindness?
(a) That it can be taught.
(b) That everyone has it always.
(c) That you are born with it.
(d) That it comes from family.
6. Who has vanished in the fourth act?
7. Why does Luka want to move on to a new location?
(a) People have discovered a new religion that he wants to see.
(b) He likes the weather there better.
(c) His family is close to there.
(d) He wants to get away from the people at the boardinghouse.
8. Whose room was the first thing mentioned missing from?
9. In Luka's second story, how will the man know when he reaches his goal?
(a) Everything will be peaceful and good.
(b) He will be rich.
(c) He will be healthy.
(d) He will be told.
10. What is the second thing mentioned missing from the set?
(b) Tape measure.
11. What does Tartar say about Luka?
(a) He calls Luka a liar.
(b) He calls Luka old.
(c) He calls Luka good.
(d) He calls Luka annoying.
12. Who tells the Actor he will not find the hospital cure?
13. According to Luka's message, everyone lives for what?
(a) In hope of a better life for himself.
(b) To enjoy family.
(c) To have children.
(d) To die.
14. What does Kleshtch say about Luka?
(a) Calls him old.
(b) Calls him merciful.
(c) Calls him annoying.
(d) Calls him good.
15. What is Kleshtch working on during the fourth act?
(b) A window.
(c) A table.
(d) A door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Baron tell to hush up?
2. Who is arguing in the third act about whether or not there really exists a town with a hospital for alcoholism?
3. When does a man no longer have a need for lies according to Luka?
4. Who is in prison awaiting trial?
5. Who says that a man with no home and no work has no worth?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)