|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the boarders saying is the negative thing about Anna's death?
(a) They will miss her.
(b) They will have no one to confide in.
(c) They will have to put up with Kostilyoff more.
(d) The expense, the bother, and the smell.
2. What is standing in the corner of the first set?
(c) Large Russian Stove.
3. How does Pepel feel about Luka?
(a) Indifferent to him.
(b) Confused by his kindness, but grateful.
(c) Hates him.
(d) Pepel likes him right away.
4. What is the locksmith trying to fix?
(a) The clogged pipe.
(b) The toilet.
(c) The lock on the safe.
(d) A stubborn lock.
5. What season is it in the opening of the play?
6. There were two characters that played cards. Which name below names one of the card-playing characters?
(c) The Baron.
7. Who sits and talks with Anna at the beginning of the second act?
8. Which wall holds the window(s)?
9. Who do the boarders say that Kostilyoff thought he would find his wife in bed with?
(c) The Baron.
10. What can the Actor no longer recall?
(a) The fine verses that used to earn him such thunderous applause on the stage.
(b) The name of the plays that he starred in.
(c) How he ended up at the boarding house.
(d) Where he lives.
11. Who sings a song about prison life?
12. How are the two part owners of the location of the first set related?
(b) They are married.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Father and daughter.
13. Who finds Anna dead?
14. Who is dying a slow and painful death?
15. Who is a vendor of baked meat pies?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the lighting of the opening act?
2. Who asks if there is a God?
3. What is another thing that divides this set into rooms?
4. Who is the uncle of Vassilisa?
5. What are the boarders saying is the positive thing about Anna's death?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)