|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the locksmith trying to fix?
(a) The toilet.
(b) The lock on the safe.
(c) The clogged pipe.
(d) A stubborn lock.
2. What is the reward offered for whomever does away with Kostilyoff?
(b) Money and Natasha.
(c) Ownership of the boarding house.
(d) Money and Vassilisa.
3. Who is the locksmith?
(b) The Actor.
(d) The Baron.
4. What does the Actor say that he is poisoned with?
5. What can the Actor no longer recall?
(a) The fine verses that used to earn him such thunderous applause on the stage.
(b) How he ended up at the boarding house.
(c) Where he lives.
(d) The name of the plays that he starred in.
6. What part of the wall holds the window(s)?
(b) There are no windows.
7. Why is Pepel told to run off?
(a) So that he can find his family.
(b) So he can start over without being known as a thief.
(c) So that he is not arrested.
(d) So that he doesn't get stuck there.
8. How is the fight broken up?
(a) By a scream.
(b) By Pepel.
(c) By Kostilyoff.
(d) By a loud noise.
9. Who is dying a slow and painful death?
10. Who tells Anna there is nothing to fear?
11. Who finds Anna dead?
12. What does the vendor of baked meat pies say that they would not do for a hundred baked lobster?
(a) Cook another meal.
(b) Go back to school.
(c) Marry again.
(d) Have another child.
13. What is in the center of the room of the first set?
(a) A water fountain.
(b) Wooden table and a pair of benches.
(c) Large Russian Stove.
14. Who asks if there is a God?
(b) The Baron.
15. Who lives in the rooms of the first set?
(d) Sick people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Pepel and Bubnoff discuss honor and conscience with?
2. There were two characters that were porters. Which name below names one of the characters that was a porter?
3. How is the alcoholic told to prepare himself to go to the hospital?
4. Who says that the dead cannot hear or feel?
5. Who breaks up the fight involving Kostilyoff?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)