|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the uncle of Vassilisa?
(b) The Baron.
2. Who offers Pepel a business proposal?
(b) The Baron.
3. How is the lighting of the opening act?
(a) Dark and Gloomy.
(b) Daylight and Calm.
(c) Bright and Happy.
(d) Sunset and Serene.
4. Who shakes Kostilyoff violently?
5. How is the alcoholic told to prepare himself to go to the hospital?
(a) No eating.
(b) Stop drinking so much.
(c) Say goodbye to family.
(d) Change his clothes.
6. Who is the policeman?
(d) The Baron.
7. Who sings a song about prison life?
8. Why is Pepel told to run off?
(a) So that he doesn't get stuck there.
(b) So he can start over without being known as a thief.
(c) So that he is not arrested.
(d) So that he can find his family.
9. What does the writer say that the opening set is similar to?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A pizza parlor.
(c) A cave-like cellar.
(d) A backyard.
10. There were two characters that watched the others play cards. Which name below names one of the characters watching the others play cards?
11. What is another thing that divides this set into rooms?
(a) Tables and chairs.
(c) Arrangement of beds and bunks.
12. What does Kleshtch tell Anna when he is hovering over her while she is talking with Luka?
(a) Nothing, he leaves.
(b) That he is sorry.
(c) That he will miss her.
(d) That he loves her.
13. Who is the cap maker?
(a) The Baron.
(b) The Actor.
14. What are the boarders saying is the positive thing about Anna's death?
(a) It will be much quieter for sleeping.
(b) She is no longer suffering.
(c) It will cost them less money in groceries.
(d) They will have more room.
15. There were two characters that were porters. Which name below names one of the characters that was a porter?
(d) The Actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is caught cheating at their game?
2. There were two characters that played checkers. Which name below names one of the characters playing checkers?
3. Who says that there is no such thing as a hospital for alcoholism?
4. Whose turn is it to sweep the floor, according to the Actor?
5. Who finds Anna dead?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)