• The opening set is a cave-like stone cellar.
• The opening set is of a rooming house.
• The rooming house is run by Mikhail Ivanoff Kostilyoff and his wife Vassilisa Karpovna.
• The rooming house looks like a prison cell.
• Kvashyna, a vendor of baked lobsters, says she wouldn't marry again.
• Andrei Mitritch Kleshtch is a locksmith.
• Bubnoff is a cap maker.
• Nastya is a street walker for a living.
• Nastya reads romance novels and the Baron teases her for it.
• Anna Kleshtch has been beaten by her husband her entire married life.
• Anna is dying a slow and painful death due to the years of abuse.
• Kvashnya offers Anna food that Anna turns around and offers to her husband.
• Kleshtch tells the Actor it is his turn to sweep the floor.
• The Actor argues that it is the Baron's turn to sweep the floor.
• Satine tells a familiar...
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)