Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Act 1 Abstract
* The opening set is a cave-like stone cellar.
* The opening set is of a rooming house.
* The rooming house is run by Mikhail Ivanoff Kostilyoff and his wife Vassilisa Karpovna.
Act 2 Abstract
* The rooming house looks like a prison cell.
* Kvashyna, a vendor of baked lobsters, says she wouldn't marry again.
* Andrei Mitritch Kleshtch...
This section contains 1,408 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)