|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John score on the GED exam?
2. Where did John get a job?
3. How does John say he kept himself popular?
4. What was John being paid to do?
5. Who is Betsy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John say he does to avoid his parents' troubles?
2. What problems does John say he had playing with other children?
3. Describe John's work as a sound engineer.
4. Describe John Robison as a child.
5. Describe John's parents' relationship.
6. Describe the catastrophe Jim Boughton and John created.
7. Describe John's habit of digging holes.
8. How did John's life change when he started to go on the road with rock bands?
9. Describe the prank John played on his mother.
10. Describe the beginning of John's career in electronics.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the humorous tone John Robison takes throughout his memoir? What does he gain, by it? What does he lose?
Essay Topic 2
If this were a novel, what themes would need to be wrapped up, in order for the book to be concluded? Why do novels need conclusions that memoirs don't need?
Essay Topic 3
Debate the proposition that John is often making fun of himself throughout his memoir.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)