|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Would would Doug do when John Robison was playing?
2. What was the ultimate explanation for the vehicle in the woods?
3. What did John help Ace Frehley do to his guitar?
4. What kind of news does Betsy relay to John and his mother?
5. What did John Robison realize he had to work at?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the prank John played on his mother.
2. How did John get to know Ace Frehley?
3. Why was the winter of 1978 good for John?
4. Describe John Robison as a child.
5. Describe John's habit of digging holes.
6. Describe John's relation with Chris.
7. Describe the beginning of John's career in electronics.
8. What was John's relationship with Porsches after this first encounter?
9. What was Jim Boughton's secret project?
10. Describe the deterioration of John's parents' marriage in chapter 7,
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate "Look Me in the Eye"--did you resist the story, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 2
If you could resemble John Robison in one way, what trait of his would you chose to resemble? Why not other traits?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)