|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Robison realize he had to work at?
2. How deep was the deepest hole John dropped Chris in?
3. How did the system John built perform?
4. What story did John have to recant?
5. What does John say he can now see about his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John's attempts to act normal.
2. Describe the catastrophe Jim Boughton and John created.
3. How did John's life change when he started to go on the road with rock bands?
4. Describe John Robison as a child.
5. Why was the winter of 1978 good for John?
6. Describe John's parents' strange behavior.
7. Describe the deterioration of John's parents' marriage in chapter 7,
8. Describe John's departure from high school.
9. What was the result of John's father's drinking?
10. What did John like about being a clown?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How trustworthy is John Robison as a narrator? Do you believe what he says, or would you expect the facts to come out differently, if someone ever wrote a biography of him?
Essay Topic 2
Debate the proposition that Asperger's syndrome made John's life much more interesting and meaningful than it would have been without it.
Essay Topic 3
What are the main two or three themes in "Look Me in the Eye"? What ideas or images return again and again? Which are the most important themes? Why?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)