|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened after Jim gave the firemen this advice?
2. What was missing from the thing John and his friends found in the woods?
3. How did John get revenge against his biology teacher?
4. What ultimately happened to Doug?
5. What does John say his mother told him about his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John's mechanical abilities.
2. Describe the beginning of John's career in electronics.
3. Describe the prank John played on his mother.
4. What was the result of John's father's drinking?
5. Describe the deterioration of John's parents' marriage in chapter 7,
6. Describe John's habit of digging holes.
7. Why was the winter of 1978 good for John?
8. Describe Dr. Finch's strange behavior.
9. Describe John's work as a sound engineer.
10. How did Rusty Nail change John's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would you recommend "Look Me in the Eye"? For what purposes would you recommend "Look Me in the Eye", and what kinds of readers would you recommend it for? What other book would you recommend that would cover the same material or tell the same story in a different way?
Essay Topic 2
Debate the proposition that Asperger's syndrome made John's life much more interesting and meaningful than it would have been without it.
Essay Topic 3
Use this book as a meditation on the value of a five-star rating system. Is a five-star system sufficient to a book like this? Would you need to have sub-topics for the rating system, for plot, characterization, language, etc? What other sub-topics would you need? What value or importance gets lost in a five-star scale? Design a scale that would be better for this book.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)