|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What astonished John about Jim Boughton's creation?
2. What did Paul teach John?
3. What was John's reaction to Betsy's news?
4. Who is Chuckie?
5. What strange behavior did Dr. Finch exhibit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the winter of 1978 good for John?
2. Describe John's departure from high school.
3. How did John get to know Ace Frehley?
4. What does John say he does to avoid his parents' troubles?
5. How did Rusty Nail change John's life?
6. Describe Dr. Finch's strange behavior.
7. Describe John Robison as a child.
8. Describe John's first encounter with a Porsche.
9. What was Jim Boughton's secret project?
10. What story does John say he told the proud parents whose children would be going to Harvard and Smith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If this were a novel, what themes would need to be wrapped up, in order for the book to be concluded? Why do novels need conclusions that memoirs don't need?
Essay Topic 2
Debate the proposition that John is often making fun of himself throughout his memoir.
Essay Topic 3
How trustworthy is John Robison as a narrator? Do you believe what he says, or would you expect the facts to come out differently, if someone ever wrote a biography of him?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)