|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business did John finally find success in?
(a) Car renovation.
(b) Sound design.
(d) Real estate.
2. How many times was John's father married?
3. In what way were machines unlike friends, according to John?
(a) His friends never criticized him for being arrogant.
(b) He could understand friends, but machines were just impersonal.
(c) He had a hard time picking friends, but never picking machines.
(d) His friends were often not happy with his nicknames for them.
4. What was John's nickname for his dog?
5. What does John say changed after he learned he had Asperger's syndrome?
(a) He apologized to his wife more.
(b) He took drugs that eased his tensions.
(c) He tried to look people in the eye more.
(d) He prayed more often.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the move back to Amherst symbolize for John?
2. What did John name his toy tractor as a child?
3. What power did John have through his job?
4. Where did John meet Chris when Chris said that it was urgent to talk to John?
5. What was John's reaction to taking drugs and alcohol?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John say he made the transition from Aspergian to almost normal?
2. What makes John's new wife a good match for him?
3. Why does John say he gives people nicknames?
4. What did John do to Microvision?
5. Describe the conditions under which John flew first-class for the band.
6. What is Chris' living situation while John is touring with rock bands?
7. What hope did John nourish, as he moved back to Amherst?
8. How did the Saul Pilgrim diagnosis change John's life?
9. How does John characterize his relation with machines?
10. How does John characterize people with Asperger's syndrome?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)