|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was John spending his time when he was sixteen?
(a) Hanging around in bars.
(b) Hitchhiking around.
(c) Working in a factory.
(d) Studying independently.
2. What does John say his mother told him about his father?
(a) She said that he was going to kill them all.
(b) She says that he had cancer.
(c) She says that he was a spy.
(d) She says that he was really someone else.
3. How did John get revenge against his biology teacher?
(a) By disrupting the teacher's class.
(b) By writing dirty things about the teacher in the bathroom.
(c) By having porn magazines sent to the teacher's house.
(d) By spreading rumors about the teacher.
4. What tool was John fascinated by?
(a) His grandfather's power saw.
(b) His grandfather's electronic equipment.
(c) His grandfather's post hole digger.
(d) His grandfather's lathe.
5. What does John say he can now see about his mother?
(a) That she was insane.
(b) That she was menopausal.
(c) That she was unhappy in her marriage.
(d) That she was having a nervous breakdown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John's grandfather let him do?
2. What did John design for Mick at Britro?
3. What was the ultimate explanation for the vehicle in the woods?
4. What did Jim Boughton make with his creation?
5. What does John say became more difficult as her got older?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rusty Nail change John's life?
2. Describe John's first encounter with a Porsche.
3. What was inappropriate about John's smiling at his mother's friend Betsy's news?
4. Describe the deterioration of John's parents' marriage in chapter 7,
5. Why was the winter of 1978 good for John?
6. What was the result of John's father's drinking?
7. Describe the catastrophe Jim Boughton and John created.
8. Describe the prank John played on his mother.
9. Describe John's relation with Chris.
10. What does John say he does to avoid his parents' troubles?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)