|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say he taught himself?
(a) To react normally.
(b) To make unusual insights.
(c) To protect himself with humor.
(d) To have a unique perspective on everything.
2. How did John Robison feel when he was around other kids?
3. What did John like about being on the road with bands?
(a) Being famous.
(b) He forgot about his crazy family.
(c) The music.
(d) The drugs.
4. How does John characterize his relationship with the musicians?
(a) Like a parent looking out for his children.
(b) Like a brother looking out for his brothers.
(c) Like a mechanic with a race car driver.
(d) Like a worker, working alongside comrades.
5. What does John say he preferred?
(a) Playing closely with one other friend.
(b) Playing in team sports.
(c) Playing alone with his toys.
(d) Leading the other children in their play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John's nickname for his mother?
2. Would would Doug do when John Robison was playing?
3. What symptoms did John develop during this time?
4. How does John describe Mary?
5. What story did John get some insight into at this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John's habit of digging holes.
2. Describe Dr. Finch's strange behavior.
3. What does John say he does to avoid his parents' troubles?
4. Describe the deterioration of John's parents' marriage in chapter 7,
5. How did Rusty Nail change John's life?
6. What was the result of John's father's drinking?
7. Describe John's parents' relationship.
8. Describe the catastrophe Jim Boughton and John created.
9. What was John's relationship with Porsches after this first encounter?
10. Describe John's mechanical abilities.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)