|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What observation of John's brought him to his company's notice?
(a) That the speakers for a show were breaking down.
(b) That the sound from a certain system was not as good as it could be.
(c) That the speakers were using more expensive components than they needed.
(d) That by wiring the musicians' instruments, he could create unique effects.
2. What had Jim Boughton made from scratch?
(a) A car.
(b) A blast furnace.
(c) A smithy.
(d) A robot.
3. What did John and his friends find in the woods?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) A truck.
(c) A Porsche.
(d) A tractor.
4. How did John's driving lessons end?
(a) At his parents' house.
(b) Safely back home.
(c) At his grandmother's house.
(d) In a ditch.
5. What did John like about being on the road with bands?
(a) He forgot about his crazy family.
(b) Being famous.
(c) The music.
(d) The drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many speakers did John end up fixing at Britro?
2. What did Paul teach John?
3. When John was thirteen, what grade level was he working at, in building things?
4. How does John characterize his relationship with the musicians?
5. Where did John get a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did John like about being a clown?
2. Describe the beginning of John's career in electronics.
3. Describe John's work as a sound engineer.
4. Describe the prank John played on his mother.
5. What was Jim Boughton's secret project?
6. Why was the winter of 1978 good for John?
7. Describe John's parents' strange behavior.
8. What problems does John say he had playing with other children?
9. Describe John's parents' relationship.
10. Describe John Robison as a child.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)