|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John believe about his work at Milton Bradley?
(a) He would be famous.
(b) It would change the world.
(c) He would be exploited.
(d) He would become rich.
2. How does John say he treated his son?
(a) He ignored him.
(b) He left him to Little Bear.
(c) He was always trying to get him to go to sleep.
(d) He took him everywhere.
3. What was John's first nickname for his brother?
4. In what way were machines unlike friends, according to John?
(a) He could understand friends, but machines were just impersonal.
(b) His friends never criticized him for being arrogant.
(c) His friends were often not happy with his nicknames for them.
(d) He had a hard time picking friends, but never picking machines.
5. How reliable were John's machines?
6. What was NOT a special effect did Ace Frehley asked John to rig up?
(a) Shooting ammunition from his guitar.
(b) Make a laser guitar.
(c) Making a rocket come out of his guitar.
(d) Making his guitar robotic.
7. Why does John say machines appeal to him?
(a) He can control them.
(b) He is not challenged by them.
(c) He can hide in them.
(d) He can hear them speak.
8. How does John characterize the city to Chris?
(a) As very religious.
(b) As confusing.
(c) As depraved.
(d) As sacred.
9. What was John's nickname for his dog?
10. How does John characterize his son's development?
(a) Variable--it depended on the day.
(b) Normal and healthy.
(c) Tending toward Aspergers.
(d) Tending toward full-blown autism.
11. How does John characterize the trait of being logical?
(a) He says that it is an Aspergian trait.
(b) He says that he learned it from working on machines.
(c) He says that it is a male trait.
(d) He says that it is a survival skill.
12. What did John conclude from this prank going awry?
(a) That management was not superior to workers.
(b) That self-management was preferable to corporate management.
(c) That management was a higher class than workers.
(d) That workers were better managers than management.
13. What is a Montagoonian, according to John?
(a) Someone from Montague.
(b) Someone with an accent.
(c) Someone with a stooped posture.
(d) Someone who reminded John of a cartoon character.
14. Where did John meet Chris when Chris said that it was urgent to talk to John?
(a) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
15. What business did John finally find success in?
(a) Car renovation.
(b) Real estate.
(c) Sound design.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did John talk to his brother?
2. What tragedy struck John and Little Bear?
3. Where did John tell Chris to go?
4. What was the cause John identified for problems with the Microvision game?
5. How does John characterize his second wife's effect on him?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)