|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unexpected force made it complicated to work at Milton Bradley?
2. What did John believe about his work at Milton Bradley?
(a) He would be famous.
(b) He would become rich.
(c) He would be exploited.
(d) It would change the world.
3. What job did John take that made him feel like he was fitting into the normal world?
(a) Designing computer programs.
(b) Designing toys.
(c) Recording music at a studio.
(d) Running a nightclub.
4. In what way were machines unlike friends, according to John?
(a) His friends were often not happy with his nicknames for them.
(b) He could understand friends, but machines were just impersonal.
(c) His friends never criticized him for being arrogant.
(d) He had a hard time picking friends, but never picking machines.
5. How does John characterize his second wife's treatment of him?
6. What arrest was made in connection with John's prank?
(a) The colleague who reported the powder was arrested for drugs.
(b) John was arrested for filing a false report.
(c) No arrest was made.
(d) The executive who snorted the powder was arrested for drugs later.
7. How did his prank go awry?
(a) He cut himself up.
(b) His coworkers got sick.
(c) The cops accused him of the ruse.
(d) An executive snorted the powder.
8. Where did John meet Chris when Chris said that it was urgent to talk to John?
(a) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
9. How does John say things would be different if people chose spouses more wisely?
(a) The churches would not be as full.
(b) The divorce rate would be lower.
(c) There would be fewer children in the world.
(d) Children would be happier.
10. How does John characterize his second wife's effect on him?
11. How does John characterize his son's development?
(a) Tending toward full-blown autism.
(b) Variable--it depended on the day.
(c) Tending toward Aspergers.
(d) Normal and healthy.
12. What did John have to do with Dark Tower?
(a) Digitize it.
(b) Copy it.
(c) Reinvent it.
(d) Update it.
13. How does John say he reacted to his fear that he would be rejected?
(a) He would stay in by himself.
(b) He was brutally critical toward people.
(c) He affected not to care about people.
(d) He would stick with one or two close friends.
14. What was John's reaction to taking drugs and alcohol?
(a) He got addicted instantly.
(b) He liked it so much it made him afraid.
(c) He didn't like it.
(d) He had a violent reaction against it.
15. How old was Jack when John was diagnosed with Asperger's?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John afraid of after his son's birth?
2. When was John's son born?
3. What did John do to make sure that the thing he was afraid of did not come about?
4. Why does John say he decided to move back to Amherst?
5. What does John say is his family's relationship with divorce?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)