|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Would would Doug do when John Robison was playing?
(a) Help him.
(b) Annoy him.
(c) Stop him.
(d) Complement him.
2. How did John get revenge against his biology teacher?
(a) By having porn magazines sent to the teacher's house.
(b) By writing dirty things about the teacher in the bathroom.
(c) By spreading rumors about the teacher.
(d) By disrupting the teacher's class.
3. What does John say he can now see about his father?
(a) That he was depressed.
(b) That he was dying.
(c) That he was sick.
(d) That he was profoundly unhappy in his marriage.
4. What was John's nickname for his mother?
5. What tool was John fascinated by?
(a) His grandfather's lathe.
(b) His grandfather's power saw.
(c) His grandfather's post hole digger.
(d) His grandfather's electronic equipment.
6. How does John rationalize his reaction to Betsy's news?
(a) That the child's suffering was unbearable without laughter.
(b) That he wasn't dead.
(c) That the illness was ironic.
(d) That the child's death was funny.
7. What did John help Ace Frehley do to his guitar?
(a) Repair it.
(b) Tune it.
(c) Plant a smoke bomb in it.
(d) Light it on fire.
8. How does John characterize his relationship with Mary Trompke at this time?
(a) They were close, but the relationship was troubled.
(b) She was actively trying to convince him to change his life but he resisted her.
(c) She wouldn't have anything to do with him.
(d) She was the only good part of his days.
9. What did John score on the GED exam?
10. How was John spending his time when he was sixteen?
(a) Hanging around in bars.
(b) Working in a factory.
(c) Studying independently.
(d) Hitchhiking around.
11. How does John describe Mary?
(a) A healthy, outgoing kid.
(b) A thoughtful, patient kid.
(c) A shy, damaged kid.
(d) A fellow Aspergian.
12. When John was thirteen, what grade level was he working at, in building things?
(a) Elementary school.
(c) Junior high.
(d) High school.
13. Who took care of John and Chris when their mother was hospitalized?
(a) Their friends.
(b) Their grandparents.
(c) Family friends and neighbors.
(d) Their aunt.
14. What did John fantasize about, in the vehicle in the woods?
(a) Being a farmer.
(b) Being a combat pilot.
(c) Being a race driver.
(d) Being a trucker.
15. How many speakers did John end up fixing at Britro?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John and his friends find in the woods?
2. What did John Robison realize he had to work at?
3. What allowed John to get away from home?
4. Where did John spend the summer when he was thirteen?
5. What did John learn to distinguish appropriate reactions from?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)