|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John characterize his relationship with the musicians?
(a) Like a worker, working alongside comrades.
(b) Like a mechanic with a race car driver.
(c) Like a parent looking out for his children.
(d) Like a brother looking out for his brothers.
2. What did John put in the holes he dug at Halloween?
(a) Fake corpses.
(b) Friends dressed as zombies.
(c) Flashing lights.
(d) Flash powder.
3. What did Professor Edwards open up to John?
(a) The UMass computer courses.
(b) The UMass fraternity system.
(c) The UMass electronics labs.
(d) The UMass athletic facility.
4. Where was John's creation tested?
(a) At a company picnic.
(b) In the workshop.
(c) At a Meatloaf concert.
(d) At a meeting of investors.
5. What did Jim Boughton make with his creation?
(a) A balloon.
(b) A robot.
(c) A part for a motorcycle engine.
(d) A sculpture of arms.
6. What tool was John fascinated by?
(a) His grandfather's lathe.
(b) His grandfather's post hole digger.
(c) His grandfather's electronic equipment.
(d) His grandfather's power saw.
7. Which rock band did John NOT work with?
(a) Judas Priest.
(b) Talking Heads.
8. What did John score on the GED exam?
9. What was John's reaction to Betsy's news?
(a) He fled the room in panic.
(b) He smiled inappropriately.
(c) He burst into hysterical laughter.
(d) He writhed in empathetic suffering.
10. When John was thirteen, what grade level was he working at, in building things?
(a) Elementary school.
(b) High school.
(c) Junior high.
11. How did John's father injure John's brother Chris?
(a) He beat him.
(b) He slammed his fingers in a door.
(c) He put a cigarette out on his forehead.
(d) He left him alone for hours.
12. What prank did John play on his mother?
(a) He left a park with a stranger, and reported himself missing.
(b) He and his brother hid in the park and watched their mother get panic-stricken.
(c) He got his brother to hide, and he told his mother that Chris had gone off with a stranger.
(d) He called the police when his mother left him and his brother alone in the park together.
13. Why did John and his friends think the vehicle had been left in the woods?
(a) As a test by their parents.
(b) As a trap for thieves.
(c) As a toy and a distraction.
(d) As a gift for them.
14. What does John say became more difficult as her got older?
(a) Controlling his troublemaking urges.
(b) Understanding the language of the children around him.
(c) Making sense of adults' contradictory expectations.
(d) Refraining from blurting out his thoughts.
15. What led to Dr. Finch's license being revoked?
(a) Malpractice charges.
(b) Charges of insurance fraud.
(c) Inappropriate relationships with his patients.
(d) Hospitalization for insanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Paul teach John?
2. How does John say he kept himself popular?
3. Who took care of John and Chris when their mother was hospitalized?
4. How deep was the deepest hole John dropped Chris in?
5. What behavior did John Robison learn from his dog?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)