|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Paul teach John?
(a) How to shoot a gun.
(b) How to forage for food.
(c) How to get to Florida.
(d) How to hunt for food.
2. What does John say he can now see about his father?
(a) That he was depressed.
(b) That he was dying.
(c) That he was profoundly unhappy in his marriage.
(d) That he was sick.
3. What ultimately happened to Doug?
(a) He was killed in a car accident.
(b) He moved to another town.
(c) He had a nervous breakdown.
(d) He died in an irrigation ditch.
4. What kind of news does Betsy relay to John and his mother?
(a) Of a child's success in school.
(b) Of a child's illness.
(c) Of the death of a child.
(d) Of the birth of a child.
5. What story did John get some insight into at this time?
(a) His mother told him why she had separated from his father.
(b) He discovered the definition of Aspergers syndrome.
(c) Dr. Finch explained his crazy behavior.
(d) Mary told him why she hadn't been talking to him.
6. What prank did John play on his mother?
(a) He and his brother hid in the park and watched their mother get panic-stricken.
(b) He got his brother to hide, and he told his mother that Chris had gone off with a stranger.
(c) He called the police when his mother left him and his brother alone in the park together.
(d) He left a park with a stranger, and reported himself missing.
7. How deep was the deepest hole John dropped Chris in?
(a) Up to Chris' shoulders.
(b) Knee deep for Chris.
(c) Deeper than Chris' height.
(d) Up to Chris' waist.
8. How does John say his biology teacher treated him?
(a) He says that the teacher was always on his back.
(b) He says that the teacher was always inviting him to stay after to talk with him alone.
(c) He says that the teacher was always questioning his work, and doubting his answers.
(d) He says that the teacher was always getting him in trouble.
9. What didn't John like about the Caribbean?
(a) He missed his familiar foods.
(b) He was repulsed by the prevalence of drugs.
(c) He missed his family.
(d) He hated the climate.
10. What was John's reaction to Betsy's news?
(a) He writhed in empathetic suffering.
(b) He smiled inappropriately.
(c) He fled the room in panic.
(d) He burst into hysterical laughter.
11. What did John build from a kit at Christmas when he was thirteen?
(a) A television.
(b) A radio-controlled airplane.
(c) A radio.
(d) A computer.
12. What did John like about being on the road with bands?
(a) Being famous.
(b) He forgot about his crazy family.
(c) The drugs.
(d) The music.
13. What warning did Jim give the firemen who responded to the fire?
(a) That there was magnesium in the fire.
(b) That there were people in the building.
(c) That there were explosives in the building.
(d) That the fire was a gasoline fire.
14. What did John score on the GED exam?
15. What does John say he can now see about his mother?
(a) That she was having a nervous breakdown.
(b) That she was insane.
(c) That she was menopausal.
(d) That she was unhappy in her marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jim start a fire?
2. How many speakers did John end up fixing at Britro?
3. Where did John get a job?
4. What good news does John describe in the winter of 1978?
5. Who is Chuckie?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)