|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What led to Dr. Finch's license being revoked?
(a) Malpractice charges.
(b) Charges of insurance fraud.
(c) Hospitalization for insanity.
(d) Inappropriate relationships with his patients.
2. What warning did Jim give the firemen who responded to the fire?
(a) That there were explosives in the building.
(b) That the fire was a gasoline fire.
(c) That there was magnesium in the fire.
(d) That there were people in the building.
3. How does John describe the change in his father, in chapter 6?
(a) His father was turning senile.
(b) His father was getting more easygoing.
(c) His father was becoming meaner.
(d) His father was becoming less predictable.
4. What does John say his mother told him about his father?
(a) She says that he was really someone else.
(b) She says that he had cancer.
(c) She said that he was going to kill them all.
(d) She says that he was a spy.
5. What kind of news does Betsy relay to John and his mother?
(a) Of the birth of a child.
(b) Of a child's illness.
(c) Of a child's success in school.
(d) Of the death of a child.
6. Who is Doug?
(a) John Robison's babysitter.
(b) John Robison's teacher.
(c) John Robison's father.
(d) John Robison's playmate.
7. What did John fantasize about, in the vehicle in the woods?
(a) Being a race driver.
(b) Being a combat pilot.
(c) Being a farmer.
(d) Being a trucker.
8. Why did John and his friends think the vehicle had been left in the woods?
(a) As a gift for them.
(b) As a trap for thieves.
(c) As a test by their parents.
(d) As a toy and a distraction.
9. When John was thirteen, what grade level was he working at, in building things?
(a) High school.
(b) Elementary school.
(d) Junior high.
10. What would John Robison do to Doug?
(a) Refuse to respond to him.
(b) Ignore him.
(c) Make fun of him.
(d) Hit him on the ears.
11. Where was John invited to live rent free?
(a) With Mary Trompke.
(b) With Jim Boughton.
(c) With a band.
(d) With his parents.
12. What did John buy when he sold his first Porsche?
(a) A Ferrari.
(c) Another Porsche to fix.
(d) A Range Rover.
13. What did John learn to distinguish appropriate reactions from?
(a) Polite ones.
(b) Genuine ones.
(c) Scripted ones.
(d) Expected ones.
14. What strange behavior did Dr. Finch exhibit?
(a) Walking around holding helium balloons.
(b) Refusing to bathe.
(c) Coming on to young students.
(d) Making animal noises in conversation.
15. How did John's father injure John's brother Chris?
(a) He beat him.
(b) He put a cigarette out on his forehead.
(c) He slammed his fingers in a door.
(d) He left him alone for hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did John's family move after his father got tenure?
2. What did John come to believe about dogs?
3. What was John's first Porsche?
4. What does John say became more difficult as her got older?
5. Who is Chuckie?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)